[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I love alcohol. You could probably say that it's my hobby.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
I love alcohol. You could probably say that it's my hobby. I'm an extremely functional alcoholic.

However, I'm aware that it's going to start impacting my health, and I have very distinctly noticed that my party lifestyle is having a negative impact on the people around me - who try to keep up and then get themselves into trouble.

I don't think I can really completely abstain from drinking, but are there resources out there for me to learn to mitigate the amount I drink?

Alternatively, is there anyone on here like me that have found enriching hobbies that replace the desire to drink/party?
>>
>>17200518
You could start brewing your own alcohol. Assembling a functional distillery isn't quite as difficult as it sounds, and although you'll be producing paint stripper at first, growing your own ingredients and experimenting with recipes could be a lot of fun.

If you get to the point where you could limit your drinking only to things you make yourself, you'd end up drinking a lot less and feel a lot more satisfied.

I did the same thing with smoking a few years ago. Ended up 100% self-sufficient for tobacco and quit smoking, kept on gardening.
>>
>>17200518

we dondt know any thing about you other than the alcohol so its hard to suggest a hobby.

generally i suggest taking what you do in your 'down time' and reverse engineering it.

you read comics? draw one.
you watch movies? write / film one.
you read books? write one.
play video games? design one.
like sitting in chairs? build one.

consider going to local events like dodgeball, or sword fighting classes, or martial arts or casual people playing sports for fun. try new things and if you dont like em try something else.

AA is pretty judgemental about how alcohol consumes your life so i dont recommend it until you know you have a problem (Which you might). do your best and drink in casual situations only, not parties.
>>
File: the world's oldest religion.jpg (328 KB, 730x1095) Image search: [Google]
the world's oldest religion.jpg
328 KB, 730x1095
>I don't think I can really completely abstain from drinking
O ye of little faith
>>
First of all, how old are you? We'll get back to that later.

I used to drink 3-4 nights a week heavily. About a 12-pack a night or equivalent. I started lifting a year ago and I realized how unhealthy drinking is. I'm not about to kill my gains to get drunk. I could always drink liquor but it's still not good for a healthy lifestyle, and since I hardly drink anymore I don't really have a desire to.

Basically, quitting drinking is a complete lifestyle change.
>>
>>17200706

I turn 30 in a few months. With a few breaks here or there, I have been a daily 10+ drinks a day drinker for about 13 years, started drinking when I was 16.

Drinking is part of my job, which is why I think completely quitting is unlikely - plus the fact that I love to hang out and party so much. Not like, get down in the club, but go to a cool pool party, have great conversations with people at a happy hour, throw a get together on the weekend, that kind of thing.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.