[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've got a idiopathic need for a semi-anonymous community.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
I've got a idiopathic need for a semi-anonymous community. Somewhere that I can be recognized from one day to the next to establish relationships and carry one multi-day conversations, but where my identity is not tied to my offline persona so I can act how I wish or say what I want without it negatively impacting my real life or without social expectations from my real life driving my actions.

Where should one go to fulfill such a need? Options I've tried that aren't for me:

>4chan
The internet's hate machine does an amazing job at never forgetting a single mistake, even if it's just a perceived one. Say one thing that gets misinterpreted once and literally the rest of your life you can't post your identity without the thread derailing into a personal hate thread about you

>gaia
This place has become a mod-heavy SJW circle jerk. I used to post there when I was 13. I tried to go back recently and got a 3-day ban for literally asking someone to clarify their post.

>reddit
For starters, the layout of the site makes this less of a community and more of a social tool. You're pigeon-holed into very specific topics and conversations are strictly single-threaded. I also found them to be worse than 4chan about getting really pissy. For some reason redditors think they have their own private playground and if someone new tries to join they instantly start judging them. If you don't pass the test, you're out.

>7cups
Literally no one logs into this site unless they're in a bad mood. You spend 8 hours trying to convince people not to kill themselves and 0 hours having enlightening conversation with peers.
>>
>>17199400
Try writing this again, in English.
>>
>>17199480
It was in our shared language, but maybe you need simpler words. I'll see if https://xkcd.com/simplewriter/ can help me.

I feel like I'm sick because I have a need for a place where people talk together but don't know each other. Somewhere that I can be recognized from one day to the next so I can remember who people are and carry on conversations for more than one day, but where who I am is not tied to who I am when not on the computer. This way I can act how I wish or say what I want without my real life friends or job getting mad or without what people think I should act like in real life driving my words.

Where should one go to find a place where people talk like this? I've tried a few places but they were not good for me:

>4chan
The computer hate machine does an good job at never forgetting a single bad thing you do, even if you didn't really do it but they think you did. If you say one thing that someone thinks you said another thing even one time then for the rest of your life you can't say who you are without everyone acting like it's a problem. It's not fun when people are mean.

>gaia
This place has a lot of people who tell you what to do and say. I used to talk there when I was 13. I tried to go back not too long ago and wasn't allowed to talk for 3 days because I asked someone to explain to me what they said when I didn't understand.

>reddit
For starters, the way this place where people talk looks makes it less of a place to talk and more of a place to tell stories. You're forced to talk about a few things and can only talk to one person at a time. I also found them to be worse than 4chan about getting really mad. For some reason redditors think they have their own sand box and if someone new tries to join they quickly start to try and figure out if they like them. If they don't like you on the first day, you're out.

Simpler words are longer so I need to say more later.
>>
>>17199499

>7cups
For real and not making things up, no one comes to this place to talk unless they're sad. You spend 8 hours trying to make people choose not to kill themselves and 0 hours having conversation where you share things and learn things with people like you.
>>
More from the simple word writer:

It makes me less sad when I think that there are other people who don't get help when they ask for help. But it makes me more sad when I think that I have asked for the same help many times and never gotten help. Maybe there is no answer. Maybe I will never have help.
>>
Go to Funnyjunk, more autismo, insecurity and beta fags than on 4chan. Perfect fit
>>
>>17199634
I would rather discuss life, not "dank memes". Plus it's too large to have a recognizable community.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.