[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, lately my girlfriend of about three years has been dropping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: hebrew.jpg (80 KB, 500x678) Image search: [Google]
hebrew.jpg
80 KB, 500x678
So, lately my girlfriend of about three years has been dropping the "maybe we shouldn't be together" for what I think is a pretty dumb reason. I'm 26, she's 22, not sure how much of a difference age makes.

I wrote out this whole thing but it really just boils down to different political beliefs that we always said we'd get around but lately she doesn't think she can overlook mine. None of it's about hot button issues, just really minor stuff. We're both technically democrats, but we believe in different ways to treat people and sometimes that bleeds out into the way we treat people in real life.

She's done this before about a year or so ago and I was able to talk her down, but I'm not sure how much of a death sentence that really is.
>>
>>17196309
Sounds like she has her mind pretty much made up. If she's using political beliefs as a pretext than that's pretty weak. Most couples don't have identical political beliefs.
>>
>>17196336
Yeah, this was a couple weeks ago and she hasn't said anything like this since, but I'm still worried. It's less political like "democrat vs republican" and more that I've always been into 'treat everyone the way I'd like to be treated/with respect' and she's always been into 'only treat people with respect if they have personally done something worth respecting'.

I'm not like a communist but I really believe everyone deserves some basic level of respect. We overlooked it for a really long time but lately it comes up in every conversation.
>>
She's either retarded or lying
>>
my fucking ex girlfriend of three years liked Sanders at first and I was always a trump guy and towards the end I convinced her to support trump

mfw months after were broken up I see her post pro trump pics on her Facebook
>>
>>17196368
Haha, that's awesome. Other way around here for me, but it's equally funny.
>>
>>17196350

That seems weird. Especially your respective sides. Like, I could understand if she was a complete bleeding heart and couldn't see past you being comparatively uncaring. But her being the tougher one and unable to reconcile that you're a bit more charitable? Fucking what? What does she even have to be miffed about? All I can think is maybe she feels judged?

It sounds like she's either a nutjob or just looking for a pretence to leave you.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.