[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gonna get a blood test done for the first time in my life and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1435914426661.jpg (324 KB, 1600x1071) Image search: [Google]
1435914426661.jpg
324 KB, 1600x1071
Gonna get a blood test done for the first time in my life and i'm really afraid. Have always been healthy, but it seems my thyroid is acting up and i'm having heart problems. So I can't just wiggle out of not doing a blood test.

I don't care about the the needle, since I'm gonna get it done by a family member who has been doing this for over 12 years. For some reason i'm afraid that i'll get a collapsed vein or something.

I kept reading all the horrible stories of people having collapsed veins that hurt alot and they faint.

How do I get over this fear? What are the chance of veins even collapsing in the arm from a blood test and how horrible it is if it even happens?
>>
In regards to the whole thyroid and heart issues, I don't think heart issues would appear on the blood test unless they are doing a cardiac cell lysis test and that's really only for heart attacks, thyroid yes but isn't it good to get it identified.
Collapsed veins, well I've never had one, but I've had blood vessels pop and it's only slightly painful. My father was a heroin addict, and when he got his wisdom teeth out the nurses collapsed quite a few of his already weak veins. He said it sucked but obviously something not worth a story in a old man's book of tales. You'll be good anon.
>>
>>17195762
Well my doctor said I need a blood test to check my thyroid. Not sure what it is exactly, but he said that this will make it easier to get a full diagnosis and a dosage of medicine if needed, rather then going in half blind.

I guess I'll just need to breath and get it over with. I mean even if a vein collapses it just ends up being a bruise, right? I keep getting this weird fear that my heart will stop or something if that happens.
>>
>>17195744
What happens when you're dead?
>>
>>17195744

lol a blood test is nothing but a tiny prick and it's completely harmless, you won't get a collapsed vein don't worry about it

i've had blood drawn 4 times this last month for different kind of tests also for some weird problems

you'll be fine
>>
>>17195744
yeah ur fucked better kill yourself before the blood test happens.
>>
File: 23131214124.jpg (63 KB, 592x492) Image search: [Google]
23131214124.jpg
63 KB, 592x492
>>17196421

HAHAHA YEAH OP UR TOTALLY FUCKED

U EITHER HAVE TO COLLAPSE UR OWN VEIN OR THE EVUL DOCTAHS WILL DO IT 4 U HAHA
>>
>>17195744
>I kept reading all the horrible stories of people having collapsed veins that hurt alot and they faint.
>How do I get over this fear?
You can start by not reading those stories. You are focusing on something that is extremely unlikely to happen. Imagine if someone told you they refused to leave their house because they were afraid of being struck by lightning outside - what would you think?
>>
>>17195744

you're more likely to get infected with AIDS by the lab worker who forgets to grab a new needle and sticks you with the one they used on the guy before you who has AIDS, than you are to get a collapsed vein
>>
OP, if it makes you feel any better is always hard for then to find a vein on me and it usually takes multiple tries. I've never, ever had a collapsed vein and I've had multiple blood draws, with many attempts, in the last three weeks.

You'll be fine.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.