[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
chase the girl or let her go??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: help-wanted_zpscef7d296_full.jpg (79 KB, 1000x958) Image search: [Google]
help-wanted_zpscef7d296_full.jpg
79 KB, 1000x958
my girlfriend of 18+ months just broke up. we are both in college, i am 19 and she in 20. she recently decided she wanted to graduate a year early so she will graduate in 1 year and i will graduate in 2 years. we have always kind of put the relationship on the back burner and our studies first but we have had a very happy relationship with little fighting/arguing. I am studying for med school and she is studying for law school. I love her and i know she loves me. When the relationship first started we agreed that we did not want anything too serious. the thing is after 18 months I don't really think this is true anymore. we are a lot more serious than we ever expected. We have never really talked about exploring a more long term relationship although i think it is completely possible for us to make it work. Assuming the relationship will definitely not last past the end of the school year when the relationship will become long distance because she goes off to law school, she says it would be unfair to both of us to continue the relationship. She thinks we should grow as individuals before we go off onto our respective grad schools. She thinks that there is no point continuing because she will not be able to give it 100% if she knows there is a definite expiration date to the relationship. i think because of how the relationship was set up it is hard for her to imagine a future in which we do not break up when college is over. I am not opposed to trying to make it work. I love her and i can see a future with her although it may be difficult because it most likely will be long distance for a time. We have always taken each other for granted.
>>
Stop holding on to the past

Go smash some new pussy
>>
I think we owe it to ourselves to at least enjoy our time together instead of just calling it quits. OR "start over" and really appreciate each other. We have never had the type of relationship conversations that we just did and i think Coupled with the pressure of the limited time we have together I think really trying to appreciate each other could make the relationship work in a long term sense opposed to just a college relationship.

so should i try to move on and just be friends with her in the future or should i keep fighting for her? (my gut tells me i need to keep fighting but im just looking for advice/insight)
>>
Chasing her will only push her further away.

Get her to chase you. Cut all contact, disappear from her life.

In a few weeks she'll start to miss you and will start chasing YOU. She might even message you in five days of not hearing from you.

But you can't convince an ex to get back with you. If you do, you'll just break up again very fast. You have to get her to want you back.

Do. Not....chase...

No contact is the #1 rule of getting your ex back.
>>
I would normally agree with anon^ but it seems like you just just broke up and she may be feelin insecure with your relationship and when she told you these things you didn't have the right response so I would try talking to her and making sure you make it clear just how much she means to and make it clear that the relationship can last (if that's what you think)

After you do this I would say follow what other anon said and no contact see what

Hopefully we can get some opinions. It's an interesting situation. I'm curious what others say desu
>>
Ask yourself: could I do better?
>>
my gf of three years dumped me for someone else and she says she just wants a break but ik that is a lie, she still says she loves me and wants to marry me but she probably just hates me. but today we fucked and she said love you when she left but im done talking to her for a couple weeks and see if she comes back like she said or if shes just another slut. either way i fucked a girl Thursday and felt remorse bc it wasnt with her. ive lost weight, starting college in the fall, got a job. so i think i am going in the positive direction.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.