[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Want to become the /ecce homo/ >The ubermench, Völkisch,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
>Want to become the /ecce homo/
>The ubermench, Völkisch, "All that you can be"
>Friends are holding you back

This thread is for those that understand the concept of the greater self and have been living a Stoic life. In my experiences, I rely on asceticism and discipline to achieve my developments and attain in life. I maintain conviction and produce positive outcome for 5/7 days of the week, giving into degeneracy and tire on the crash days.

The problem is that I never accomplish anything of value with my friends. On my boisterous days, we end up wasting a good 5 hours of the day drinking, gaming, smoking, etc.. I want this to stop but it is in their nature to continue. So, I need to find others like me. The problem with that is that this is a "rare breed" and usually full of arrogant assholes. It is also imperative for me to have friends, so where would I begin looking?

Where do I find friend groups that foster self-improvement?
pic unrelated, I guess.
>>
>>17192034
this is my life story. most people dont really give a fuck about self improvement. i assume you're young too from the sounds of your friends? im 22. once people actually start working full time, they dont rarely have time to improve themselves, especially when they have kids to look after. its hard enough to study philosophy on top of uni. The only time people really have the time is when they our around age, normally a bit younger and that is obbviously only due to the labor of their family who provides for them. The other problem is that most people cant comprehend how important self improvement is at a young age. i suppose this relates back to the philosophy of slavery that Nietzsche spoke about, you know if other people do labour for us, we can become great and spend time improving. not saying i believe in slavery, just expressing the justification advocated by different philosophers behind it. so yeah, in all, its incredibly difficult to find people who care about self improvement unless you are nobaility/high class. try joining some sort of society, or group. all my friends do i play video games.
>>
>most people cant comprehend how important self improvement is at a young age
>philosophy of slavery

One silly thing I believe in is "hereditary spiritualism" - i.e. if your ancestors were slaves you have the spirit ("spirit") of a slave. I come from a family of nobles and feel like I'm a natural leader, which gives me confidence in my abilities and nurtures my success. This is obviously not true but a nice esteem mechanism. Looking at my friends and other peers, it dwells on me that the "slave"-folk tend to have little to no desire to rise above hedonism. Philosophers and scientists do have that motivation, though put it towards a single facet of their lives (their intelligence). "Noble"-folk are hard to come by, or hard to spot at least for me. I have met few people that were as interested in self-improvement as I am.

And that's the worst part - we're breeding shittier and shittier people day after day. The standard is going down because we have all this bullshit technology that'll make you a lazy, omnipotent genius. Take it away and you have a worthless, vapid individual self-absorbed in the sheep-mind box specially built for them by the Fortune 500 companies. We need to start placing time in ourselves, not our meaningless materials and corporate-driven conceits.
>>
>>17192094

Society HATES exceptional people, and will do anything possible to tear them down to sea level. You'll learn this more and more as your life goes on. Give up on the idea of having "friends." Your best relationships will be with business partners and collaborators.
>>
what the fuck is the bullshit in this thread?

there are some truly disgusting and disturbing thoughts presented here alongside noble pursuits. interesting mix of mutually corrupted ideals.

btw, being from a family of nobles means nothing as far as who you are. it doesn't give you any inherent personality boost. it doesn't give you any inherent intelligence boost. it gives you nothing other than family history to learn from and perhaps use as a motivator to do better. to use it as an esteem crutch means you need to work more on your esteem.

this fucking thread.
>>
>>17192105
this is pretty accurate though.
>>
>>17192105
This is so true... Heck, even if you aren't exceptional, people will still try to drag you through the mud just because
>>
>>17192094
heyyy, i come from a family of nobles too although i was brought up in a lower class area, my family descend from the Romanovs, and my great grandad was a 33 degree mason and mayor of my city. i dont know if i would say i am a natural born leader but my actions are definitely more "noble". i do agree though that the whole belief of if your ansestors where slave, you are a slave, is bs. There are plenty of people through out history who come from peasants, and regardless of their boundaries, they have become extremely successful. Though being brought up in a lower class area, definitely has an impact on ones life.

now, we have more resources to improve ourselves. The problems is that people are more likely to procrastinate due to the glamorization, and easy access to resource based entertainment. the majority of people through out history have been the same, the difference is, back in the day people didnt have opportunities, now they do but its wasted. It may always be the same, at the end of the day, we dont really NEED everyone to be stupid, most people, in our current political system are meant to be humans resources managed by "nobility".

>the standard is going down because we have all this bullshit technology that'll make you a lazy, omnipotent genius

is it the same for middle class and high class? i really socialize with lower class people due to where i live.
>>
File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (632 KB, 1464x1986) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187a.jpg
632 KB, 1464x1986
>>17192126
>disgusting and disturbing thoughts
>>
>>17192126
>pretending that the child you create carries on the weight of your family and continuance, as a non-biological energy

It's not that retarded, I actually KNOW I'm not a noble and all that stuff - there's no spirit and none of that voodoo. I just like to think about it because it gives a different way of categorizing people, and also gives you the extra push to make yourself better so that your child will be your best work of art. Genetically, this means like working out hard and learning a lot, and looking for a mate that shares the same creed. It's not a delusion, it's more of a "game".
>>
>>17192150
>different way of categorizing people
fools errand.
>>
>>17192159
>fools errand
availability heuristic :^)
>>
>>17192159
tbf, unless you have read into what he is talking about, you probably dont understand it, and it therefore appears really crazy.
>>
>>17192171
how presumptive of you.

tfw lineage of one of the first high warrior kings from the time of Marcus Aurelius that held the roman empire off. do you think I haven't had that idea? what category do you think I'm in? you seem to approach me as less than an equal, which proves my point.

using categories to sort people into means you lose your objectivity and perspective of merit. as I said, it's a fools errand.
>>
File: 1447457656854.jpg (90 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1447457656854.jpg
90 KB, 600x450
>>17192216
>people are equals

get a load of this libcuck

>This thread is for those that understand the concept of the greater self

You clearly don't belong here.

Always gotta spout their meme politics wherever they go, back to /pol/ with you sir, xir, or madam.
>>
I'm 28, a refugee from war when I was a child, and up until recently have I started trying to improve myself. I have started late as fuck, and I'm so painfully aware of this that I am slowly coming to grips with the fact that I let myself down at an early age. Birthright, ultimately, has little impact on your personality, but the experiences of life do.

That being said, I have to look at it as though I have to work three times harder than anyone else to get to where I NEED to be. Bearing that in mind, I know that there are people out there that work so hard to push themselves mentally, physically and financially.

I admire people like OP who are aware of the necessary balance between down time and time for personal development, without allowing the former to overtake the latter, something which I am trying my damn hardest to do.

How should I be looking at life when I want to give in to the temptations of leisure time?
>>
>>17192240
clearly you follow in the footsteps of most zealots in your level of hypocrisy. I never said all people are equal, as we are clearly not on the same footing. but know that you have been judged on your merits, rather than your lineage, or some other silly category.

have a nice day.
>>
>>17192241
>How should I be looking at life when I want to give in to the temptations of leisure time?
i normally reward myself with leisure after i have done something productive. for example i tell myself "i will watch this movie after i have finished reading the section of this book". i hope this helps.
>>
>OP is average and cannot accept it

/thread
>>
>>17192241
>balance between down time and time for personal development
Down-time is actually required for the mind or else you'll go insane, don't ever see it as a bad thing. You can technically consider it productive too since you're adding to life experience in the social-understandings "attribute".

>How should I be looking at life when I want to give in to the temptations of leisure time?
Systems. Contemporary psychology and motivational sciences have recently "discovered" that system-approached mindsets are objectively better than goals.

http://jamesclear.com/goals-systems

I don't know who this faggot is and there's better articles / whole books (Power of Habit) on this shit but yeah stick to systems, don't think in terms of goals. Get a calendar and mark your productivity and days where you lack it, look for patterns - and then establish "these are the days I'm allowing myself to slow down or do nothing."

Energy (ego-depletion) is another considerable factor, your mind will generally want to do easy things when it's unmotivated and tired. That's the harder stuff to recognize into systems, I usually smoke weed or take Caffeine + L-Theanine as a nootropic to force myself into a state of motivation. Though, drugging yourself for productivity is somewhat frowned upon by society.
>>
>>17192281
he isnt average at all. i can tell by his writing ability, and the knowledge he has that he isnt average.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.