[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scary professor showing up at my house
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 31
>last year work as an undergrad research assistant in a lab with a professor
>professor tries to sleep with me, acts really inappropriately
>this escalates right when professor leaves for yearlong trip overseas
>after he leaves, I file a sexual harassment claim with university, but I don't think they will get much done since our uni has a bad rep for dealing with sexual harassment
now
>professor is back in town
>i'm finishing uni in december
>professor has started to show up outside of my apartment
>he stands and waits around several times a week every week at the door of the complex
>one time he knocked on my door; I looked through the peephole and did not let him in and he left

What do I do? I am really scared of him. He knows I filed the harassment claim against him. Do I contact the university? Or the police? I don't want him to lose his job, I want him to stop showing up outside of my apartment.
>>
Contact both. There's a lot of lines being crossed to the point he's going to your place of residence. Who cares if he loses his job
>>
>>17176333
Is it enough evidence though? Should I take a picture of him standing outside of my apartment? I started writing down the dates and times he comes by. I guess I should clarify: he usually stands outside of the building, but one time he managed to get inside and walked up the stairway to my apartment door. I checked with management and no one by his name live there. I also moved since last year, he knew my old address but I have no idea how he figured out where I live now.

It's summer and we both live in the same town the university is, so I don't know how active campus security is right now, or other parts of campus "justice." I just don't want him to lose his job but keep on harassing me, I don't know if the university can actually detain him-- and I don't know if the police will think I have enough evidence to do anything about him.
>>
>>17176314
Has he written you any emails or contacted you otherwise?
>>
>>17176314
Start documenting when and where he follows you. take video of him and put the videos in a fille, for evidence. Go to the police after you have the evidence. If you go before youre going to lose because newsflash, innocent until PROVEN guilty. Which is how it should be. So get evidence.
>>
>>17176376
>I started writing down the dates and times he comes by
Not enough, you need video, pictures arent enough either.
>>
>>17176401
No. The person conducting the sexual harassment investigation told me he will be instructed to not contact me via email or otherwise. Should I send him an email asking him to stop coming to my apartment?

>>17176405
What if he manages to come to my apartment when I'm coming back in? His times are totally random. He is a LOT bigger than me and has lifted me into the air before.
>>
>>17176423
>What if he manages to come to
You're fine. Like I said, document evidence before you go to the cops. If you go without evidence youre a moron who wants him to get away with it.
>>
>>17176428
Look, I've been staying inside as much as possible these few weeks because I don't want to bump into him. I'll definitely start filming too, and I'll ask the university to give its evidence of his prior harassment to the township police. But he would be able to win in a fight against me very quickly, he has access to a lot of sedatives (biology lab). I don't know what he wants, but he has the means to do a lot of damage and I am really nervous. Should I start carrying around pepper spray? Or what? This is threatening behavior and I do not feel safe walking up to my apartment anymore.
>>
>>17176428

I agree that evidence is a good thing... but also check your local laws because in a ton of states, taking video of someone without their consent is ILLEGAL.

The recording of the times he shows up, you filing harassment against him, and you filing AGAIN, and any other reports he might have filed against him, should go to prove a history of behavior, and in itself, probably be enough evidence to make him someone those in authority have reason to take extra notice of.

Why? Because if you do all that and they're warned multiple times, they have a responsibility to ACT, and if something happens, guess whose ass is on the line? Theirs. Slam dunk lawsuit in the making (if this professor has other complaints, class action even (plus if it's a state school, the government tends not to be pleased when schools they give money get shitstorms of bad publicity for being negligent).

Those in authority have a vested interest in making sure nothing happens to you, as long as you make enough noise and don't stay quiet anyway.
>>
>>17176454
This is so, so reassuring. Thank you anon. Okay, so I'll go to my town police for protection and ask the university to give them evidence of previous harassment.

Should I expect a restraining order or something like that?
>>
>>17176376
Hun, lets be real about one thing before we begin: If he loses his job it will only protect other women ( or men, if you're and/or he's a faggot ( no offense ) from being put in the same situation you are in now. It is a balanced trade you should not feel bad about.

Keep those written times but for now on start using video.

Do not e-mail him asking to come by. That is an invitation he might take the wrong way, an invitation his attorney will skew the wrong way and something police could find it strange enough to dismiss you.

Let your college know you are serious. My advice would be to ask a lawyer about your options and maybe even ask him about sending a C&D letter.

If it has gotten to the point where he has touched you ( you mentioned he lifted you into the air ) in any way with you being uncomfortable you need to make that clear to the investigator.

If you are afraid of him ( you've mentioned it several times ) try buying pepper spray, a stun gun, or a kubaton. I myself carry three defensive tools wherever I go ( Flashlight, Tactical Pen and ( as a last resort only ) a knife ). In addition to this a person should always carry a small flashlight for self defense; the goal being to use it at night to light up "black holes" ( areas you can't see ) so you can spot threats before you have a close encounter with them. There is a large difference between seeing a threat at fifty feet and ten feet.

I'm going to leave you two vids featuring James Williams; a professional martial artist ( and current president of Bugei Trading ) who not only teaches soldiers close-quarters combat but also teaches civilian defense to police and other average folk. I hope you watch them and consider what is said. While his Flashlight wouldn't be my first choice I do like ( and have used ) his tactical pen.

reasons for tools: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-geqU_ZRdxc

specific tools/how to effectively use them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVRkAEq5Brs
>>
>>17176484
Thank you so much for your thoughtful help. The flashlight will actually be a massive help to me, I have a 9 week old puppy who needs to go out to use the restroom at odd hours of the night. Once, I saw him outside at 1am. This will help me so much.
I'll watch the videos and see how to obtain some tools to help protect myself from him, should worst come to worst. Thank you.
>>
buy guns
>>
>>17176510
Finding the right tools to protect yourself isn't as hard as it might seem given all of it is on Amazon. The flashlights used in the videos are pretty affordable ( ignore MSRP on websites; retailers like Walmart/Amazon usually sell products cheaper ) but get hot in your hand. Maglite makes what many people would consider to be the original "personal defense" light that often found use as a club with law enforcement but they make smaller models that would fit in your pocket. Given you'll be using this light for defense I'm going to recommend a minimum of 300 lumens and whatever you do be sure NOT TO LOOK INTO THE LIGHT; ESPECIALLY IN THE DARK. Once you hit 300 lumens and upward the beam of light is strong enough to stun targets if shined into their eyes and having stunned myself in broad daylight ( oops ) I can tell you that having no vision, even though it was just a minute or two, isn't fun.

The pen in that video is the only thing I'd recommend of those products. It looks enough like a normal pen that it does not raise suspicion ( most tactical pens are "obvious" which makes it hard to carry them into places like university or hospital ( I've actually gotten compliments on mine ) but it could easily break the bones of an assailant hand ( if he grabs you, see vid ) or cause enough pain to make a lot of people disengage. Things to avoid in your pen are flashlights, "DNA catchers" or scrape/scratchers, and blades or other weapons that would cause it to be banned from going with you on campus. When buying your pen do so from the thinking of being not just a pen but a non-permissive ( because it is not a weapon you can carry it where you can't carry a gun, knife, pepper spray, etc. ) defense tool; does this pen look threatening?

Knives on next post.
>>
What do you mean he lifted you into the air? Physical contact was he first mistake. I hugged the janitor at my university because I was young and dumb. Then later he tried to get me into the basement alone and told me whenever I break up with my s.o. He wanted to fuck me. He worked in my dorm and knew my room number. I reported the shit to the school and he got moved to another dorm...not fired. Not as serious as your situation, but for future reference do not let someone think it is ok to touch you, and don't go touching them. If I had known then what I know now I could have saved myself the trouble. Good luck and I hope the creep stops following you.
>>
>>17176608
Looking forward to the knife post. I'll get to ordering a tactical pen tonight. Your suggestions are really useful, it's really wonderful you're sharing all this information.

>>17176614
Wow, that sounds horrible and so scary. I'm glad you're ok, anon. In my case, it's kind of a long story, but basically he got me alone and lifted me into the air, and while holding me, asked if he could kiss me. I said no and he thankfully put me down, but he kept hugging me and kissing my forehead. At that point, I think he thought I was going to keep quiet about all the other stuff he'd done. I guess he feels angry and betrayed by this sexual harassment investigation, but I don't know what he thinks per se.
>>
>>17176608
Knives are going to be your tricky buy. Be sure to learn your local knife laws; in the U.S. go for something without serrations, a single-sided blade length between 2.0 inches and 2.4 inches and make sure only one side has a "sharp edge" for cutting. A lot of places in the U.S. have vague laws and anything "Tactical/tacticool" looking can get you in trouble because, it can fit the legal definition of the word "Scary."

No, that isn't a joke, some laws actually allow you to be arrested if your knife is "scary" or the like.

A lot of people carry around knives without trouble though and they have more than just combat uses. Cutting a seatbelt in case of a car accident, opening boxes or letters, cords/ropes/tape, etc. can be difficult without a knife and I'm sure you can find a legitimate reason to keep a small knife in your purse ( but don't take it on campus! )

The same company that makes the products in the videos I showed you makes one called the S.P.E.W. that is both affordable and usable for most everyday tasks and self defense. They also make a "Bear Claw" knife that I'd recommend for you ( see the video ) but other companies will make better products.

A lot of people buy defensive knives with the mindset of "throwing them away" after use and if that is how you feel then you should buy a cheap knife but I'm going to recommend holding onto your knife as evidence should you ever be forced into using it. Remember, knives and guns are the last resort in civilian defense. I'd look at Benchmade knives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s29LeeJ1wQ

>>17176614
She needs items she can carry to campus. She might be able to get away with a small knife depending on her knife laws but don't set her up to fail by pitching guns.

If you feel like a gun tho, anon, try paying a visit to /k/ and asking them about the process. They are not the "meat/death heads" people make them out to be and a lot of the community is actually current/former military/law enforcement.
>>
>>17176645
I'm glad I could help you; just remember that you have to be ready to use the product in order for it to keep you safe.

As far as my knife post goes I forgot to mention three things: a dull blade is more dangerous to you than a sharp one is, if you buy a folding knife make sure it locks ( blades that don't lock can close onto your hand and cut off fingers if you are stabbing or slashing ) and make sure you buy Stainless Steel.

Carbon Steels are nice but the problem with them is you have to put extra effort into taking care of them ( which is usually a rubdown in some food-grade oil to protect rust once a week along with constantly keeping them moisture-free in wet or salty climates ). A Stainless steel ( even if it is high-carbon ) is naturally more rust resistant and will require much less attention. If you don't know how to sharpen your knife some grocers/butchers will sharpen knives for free when you buy meat from them ( I go to my local Festival Food's and get my knives sharpened when I buy meat.
>>
>>17176314
Professor (not yours) writing here.

I don't think he's a serious threat. I'm going to guess that he's upset about the claim and he honestly (but wrongly) thinks that just talking with you about it will clear it up.

But of course it doesn't matter what his intentions are - he IS harassing you.

Write him a formal letter stating that his continual stalking is causing you emotional distress and that if he does not stop you will have to go to the police, as stalking is a crime. Send it to him, with a copy to the head of his department.

Either out of infatuation or fear or confusion the guy is delusional and thinks what he's doing is all right. The point of the letter is to shock him back into reality.
>>
>>17176647
>>17176683
I'll see if I can carry a knife at all on campus-- honestly, I think the best tools for me would be the tactical pen and the flashlight, since those seem to require less muscle to operate. If I for any purpose at all do get a knife, it will now be one that locks! Losing fingers is scary!

>>17176712
I hope you're right, and that a formal email will make everything stop. I still don't understand how he could have found out where I live after I moved, and the fact that he has been outside of my apartment, loitering, at 1am *really* sets off alarm bells.
>>
>>17176770
Losing fingers is indeed scary; I'd hold off on writing the letter to the prof. though and instead go to the investigstor for the campus to see if you would be allowed to write a letter to him in those regards. If you just send the letter it could wind up backfiring with silly arguments such as "she wanted to communicate with him, she sent a letter which is proof" being the result. As I mentioned in previous post speaking with a lawyer about your options and/or a c&d letter might be a good idea.

I'm off to bed now; I hope you can use those tools I mentioned to keep your life safer.
>>
>>17176770
I don't have any advice but this whole situation sounds sketchy as fuck and I wish you the best of luck getting it resolved safely and swiftly
>>
>>17176783
Yes, you are seriously very wise anon! Good night and thank you so, so much for your advice!

>>17176791
Fingers crossed. I just signed this lease, I don't want to go apartment hunting again.
>>
>>17176314
>Scary professor showing up at my house
Does he want to go back to the future
>>
>>17176875
lol'd a little
>>
>>17176442
He's not going to do shit to you, he's just probably in love with you
>>
>>17176875
Okay, I needed that laugh. Thanks man.
>>17177438
He is 60 years old. I am 20. He can't be in love with me.
>>
>>17177835
Do you think he would be able to overpower you?
>>
>>17176314
confront him and tell him you're Not interested and wish him the best in slaying young pussy.

>tl;dr: you're an aspie bitch
>>
>>17177438

Don't be stupid. He's got a history of crossing the line of proper conduct. She's made complaints against him, she's a threat to his career, and a disgraced professor is pretty much unemployable. Now he's showing up at her apartment, uninvited, without calling or contacting, hoping to "catch" her when she's entering or leaving her building.

This is EXACTLY how bad things happen. Maybe in his mind, he's convinced that he "just wants to talk and clear things up," but what happens if he catches her alone and the conversation doesn't go his way?

OP SHOULD be cautious. She SHOULD consider this guy dangerous. This is exactly how bad things happen.
>>
>>17177939
Definitely. He's held me in the air before, as I mentioned, and he is over a foot taller than me, probably close to 100 pounds heavier.

>>17177995
Read my response to>>17177939

>>17178006
Thanks for the understanding, anon.

He showed up again today, at 9am. He tried entering the building after a guy left, but didn't make it to the door in time. I took pictures but didn't film because it's illegal in my state. I sent an email to the university's sexual harassment lady, and also to a professor who helped me a ton last time this happened asking for advice. I've looked for a lawyer but I'm not sure how to choose one yet.
>>
>>17178136
file a fucking police report and tell them everything you have said here
>>
>>17176314
go to the sporting goods store and get yourself a can of bear mace. spray him in the face with it. i guarantee you he will never bother you again. a taser or regular mace will also suffice.
>>
>>17178136

You should post up pictures of him around the building saying "don't let this guy in." Make sure your neighbors know what's going on. Tell a few friends, too. Make sure OTHER PEOPLE, close to you, are aware of this situation.
>>
File: product_magtac_rech_inuse_auto.jpg (81 KB, 640x440) Image search: [Google]
product_magtac_rech_inuse_auto.jpg
81 KB, 640x440
>>17178136
Hey anon, this is pen/light guy again. If you're looking for a good lawyer my advice would be to call the non-emergency number for your police department or DA's office and ask them for a recommendation. Asking private detectives for a recommendation isn't a bad idea either.

If you want to find one more traditionally sort lawyers by what cases they typically take, consult a bar association and check legal specialty groups. After doing all that sit down with the lawyer(s) you are interested in and go with your first impression.

Also, if you've yet to pick a flashlight can I recommend pic related? MSRP is close to $150.00 but you can buy it for 92 on Amazon ( 85 for a version with a plain bezel, 10 less lumens of light and slightly less effective range ) and you find them even cheaper if you intend not to use prime shopping. What you get is a compact, rechargeable light that is weatherproofed/drop-proofed, made to go with you wherever you go and has a run time of about four and a quarter hours on low setting/2 and a half on high. Truth be told the unbezeled version is the one I'd go for because it has a less tactical look to it and does not encourage you to swing the light as a weapon ( bezels can be used offensively like a tact. pen but doing so removes the light from the foe's eyes giving them an opening to act ).

>>17178191
That is also a good idea; be sure to ask management first to ensure you won't be evicted if you hang up posters near the exits.
>>
>>17178230
pic two; the version with the unweaponized bezel. Also shows the accessories that come with it.
>>
File: policemanshelf.jpg (2 MB, 1804x3006) Image search: [Google]
policemanshelf.jpg
2 MB, 1804x3006
>>17178246
Also, unrelated but figured it might be interesting, ( no real reason, just a hunch ) here is a shelf full of vintage maglites.
>>
>>17176314
I am by no means a feminist or for jumping to sexual harassment claims, but the moment he showed up at your residence he went to far.

Record that shit and go to the police with it.
>>
>>17176314
Oh, and to be secure, get pepper spray and/ or a elektro shocker.
>>
>>17176314
Call the cops. Don't end up being another new story about a girl's body being found in a dumpster.
>>
OP here with lots of updates.

The most important one is that he finally managed to bump into me today. I was coming home from seeing the police when he came out around the corner of the apartment complex.
I ran straight to the door once I saw him (~10 meters away) and got inside, but he was yelling "anon, wait, I just want to talk to you" while I ran to my door. I thought I was safe, but then eight minutes later he was knocking at my door, He just kept repeating "i need to talk to you. this is important. i need to talk to you about the case."
I had locked the door behind me, which is very lucky because he tried to open it. I was panicking at this point so I grabbed a big kitchen knife and started yelling about how I have a knife, and he needs to leave, and I will call the cops. He was trying to calm me down and pleading with me to let him in "just to talk," so I kicked the door a few times, I heard a thump so I think I bumped him off. Then I called the police and started loudly describing what was happening. He quickly left. The cops came and said just to call again if this happens again. The tactical pen is (hopefully) in the mail.

Before all this happened, here is who I spoke to today:

I spoke to management about putting up posters, they said no until I had an actual restraining order from him. I showed them the picture though, and one management lady said that a guy who looked like him came in a few weeks ago asking for my address, claiming to be my dad. He gave my dad's name. I asked them to type up and sign an account of what happened, she'll have it for me tomorrow.

No reply from the university, but the good professor advised me to get in contact with uni and town police.

Town police told me I don't have evidence (photos, times of visits, and impending statement from property manager) to get him arrested for anything. I need to go to a court and get a restraining order, then they can stop him from visiting, but right now I'm on my own.
>>
>>17178006
this is how women think.
hilarious
>>
>>17179734
>Pretending to be your dad
Just when I thought it couldn't get more fucked up.

At this point, I wouldn't worry about getting him fired -- as another anon said earlier, you'd probably be protecting people like you in the future. The fact that he has never emailed you (I'm guessing he has your email) or anything is an obvious sign that he doesn't just want to talk. This guy is dangerous.

>>17179746
Hey how bout you get back to studying that for that big geometry final, big boy
>>
Why won't you let him just talk? Beginning to think you're being a bitch for not hearing his side of the story.

Dat hysterical wimmin mindset
>>
>>17179779
Found the professor
>>
>>17179791
Kek that's actually be really cool. Does he browse 4chan?

That would up the creepy if he did
>>
>claiming to be my dad
this can't be real
this is like an /x/ roleplay or somethin
>>
>>17179796
>professor confirmed
>>
>>17178230
>>17178246
>>17178252
I love your posts, knifeanon. Awesome maglights! I need to save up a bit for one, but I want one more than ever now.

>>17179771
>>17179797
It's scary as hell, but not unimaginable. He's met my dad before (remember, we are both residents of the town the uni is in, I literally had french class with his son in high school.)

My poor puppy was stuck inside the whole time, and he had an accident on my carpet because I was too busy screaming and dealing with the police to walk him. So there's that.
>>
>>17176314

Contact the police
just say everything you know about him
but conspiscously leave out the college connection

like colleges are fucking incompetent.
>>
>>17176314
>I don't want him to lose his job
You should. Someone who pulls this shit should not be in a teaching position of any sort.
>>
this is a hot roleplay skip to the grampy fuckin part
>>
>>17178136
>Read my response to>>17177939

So what? Call you friends and tell them to standby near if old man flips out on you.

> He's held me in the air before

Uhm, something tell me your story is biased.
>>
>>17179994
There is always a bias.

Dude probably just loves her. Because of the age gap perhaps sees her as his daughter maybe
>>
>>17179999
That doesn't excuse the excessive stalking. It doesn't matter what his side of the story is, the professor crossed a line and he really needs to stop if he has any dignity or concern for his future.

Also nice quads
>>
>>17179999
>Dude probably just loves her.
If he loved her, he would back the fuck off when she told him to go away. If he actually had anything of genuine, legitimate importance to tell her about the case, he'd go through the lawyers: this is part of what they're there for. This isn't love: it's obsession of the creepiest sort.

>Because of the age gap perhaps sees her as his daughter maybe
Then I hope he never actually had a daughter.
>>
Go to the police deptarpment (dont dial 911) explain the situation and file for a restraining order. Dont bother with shitty uni.
>>
>>17179734
That's so scary! I'm glad you're okay, OP. That's good that the management saw that. Do they have security cameras? How long do they keep their footage? Do you think they might have some of him?
You're going to get through this. It's going to be okay. I'm proud of you for doing all this.
>>
you can record him if he's outside. there's no expectation to privacy in public spaces.
>>
>>17179999
>>17179994
He tried to have sex with me last year. No, he does not love me as a father. >>17180208 is right.

>>17180216
I was looking it up and I think I can file for a short-term, effective immediately restraining order with the police. I don't know why they didn't tell me this before, but I'm trying to find the hotline for my county to call to get it ASAP.

>>17180254
Thank you so much, anon. I'm happy I'm faster than him, and loud enough to scare him off for now. Time being, I'm propping a chair against my door so that he can't pick the lock or anything if he comes back. It will be good to have him out of my life. We don't have video cameras on the premises, unfortunately, but I think the testimony from management will be helpful.
>>
>>17176647
You really like knives, don't you?
>>
>>17177835
>He can't be in love with me

Oh boy, you're so innocent :3
>>
>>17179771
Pretending to be his dad in order to ask for her address doesn't change much, it's just a smart move to easily get the address.
>>
>>17180460
To be completely honest, after reading the whole thread until now, I think he legit just wants to talk about it.

Why hasn't he emailed you?
Perhaps either he doesn't use email or he only has your university email contact and doesn't want it to be logged.

He's probably scared and concerned about his career and family now that he's fucked up to the point that he's been willing to try to bump into you so many times.

Think logically, if he actually wanted to do something bad to you, do you think he'd show himself in such an open way all the time, putting himself in the showlight?

Try putting yourself in his feet and think about it. He kinda seems desperate to talk and you're paranoid about it (which is honestly normal given the situation).
>>
>>17180643
He has a private email, my phone number to text, my Skype address, and even my FaceTime. All of these things he had me install on my phone last year, so he could "talk to me about our research." He could have gone any of these routes instead, typed up what he needed to say, and not given me so much stress.
>>
>>17180643
Why the fuck would he not just send a paper letter to her? He knows where she lives. A simple apology and a promise not to contact OP would have sufficed. Yet he keeps trying to make physical/in-person contact with OP even though she has repeatedly made it clear she does not want that.
>>
>>17180690
Probably an 'oldfag' who wants to talk face to face.
But yeah, he's prolly socially inept enough not to realize how creepy he's being and he should totally acknowledge his ways.

Maybe he even thought u actually liked him and all and is now confused?

He probably won't show up again after this, though.
Keep us updated, anon-kun, we'll give you moral support.
>>
>>17180673
Maybe he just didn't want any record of the conversation.
>>
Another thing to consider as a weapon is a simple roll of quarters. If your hands are really small, you can use a roll of nickels instead. To use it, just hold it in your fist and punch. The weight of the roll adds force to the blow, and its semi-rigidity gives your hand something solid (but with just a bit of give) to brace against.

This is a last-resort weapon. Knives and clubs extend your reach, and focus the blow on points that aren't part of your body. Pens don't do the first, but still do the second. A ten-dollar punch does neither of these. But a roll of quarters can go places these other weapons cannot: nobody anywhere, no matter how savvy they are, is going to confiscate it, because it's literally just money.
>>
>>17181108
Women can't fight.

If a woman intends to defend herself from a male attacker she needs an actual weapon: A gun, or at worst taser/pepperspray.

A fucking roll of quarters; jesus.
>>
One thing NOT to use as a weapon: your keys. They're more dangerous to you than to your opponent. There IS a safe way to use keys as weapons, but it's not the way instinct tells you to, and instinct is all you can rely on in a fight.

What everyone wants to do with keys is stick them between their fingers like Wolverine-claws. This looks very intimidating, but if you actually try to use them in a fight. you're fucked. The sides of your fingers can't exert enough pressure to keep the keys from being driven back into the soft parts of your hands. You end up getting hurt way worse than your opponent does, and worse, you get hurt in ways that damage your ability to fight even if you drop the keys afterward.

Please, don't make Wolverine-claws with your keys. Psych someone out if you must, but drop them the momemt things look like they're turning south.
>>
>>17181118
>Women can't fight.
Want to know how I know you've never fought a woman?

>If a woman intends to defend herself from a male attacker she needs an actual weapon: A gun, or at worst taser/pepperspray.
Those things are great if you have them, but you have to use what you have at hand. I said flat-out that the ten-dollar punch should only be used if you've got nothing else. But it's something you CAN have when you've got nothing else, and that makes it useful.
>>
>>17180460

Just fucking fuck him already , maybe you will get better grades after it
>>
>>17180578
Not really; I own three you could consider "combat ready" but two of those are actually utility full-tangs with the third being a survival knife for my get-home bag ( which is a bag one keeps in the trunk of their car or someone else's car on long trips outside the city to ensure they can get home ( mine has a poncho, a high-vis vest, some fire starters and tinder, the knife and I'm working on some signaling items ).

I'd say I'm more into flashlights; the one tool I believe everybody should carry. If you've not seen the video I posted earlier try seeing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-geqU_ZRdxc

>>17179734
>>17179771
>>17179771
>>17179771
A-men. You get him fired and you protect yourself and others. It goes toward "social responsibility" as seen above. If the University fails to fire him you could always sue them and put his being fired into the settlement. I'm sorry this is happening to you, anon.

>>17181138
I disagree with that for only one reason: If you are to the point where you need to use your keys as a weapon you've clearly run out of options meaning a fight has been going on for a while or you were caught opening something without checking the area around you. The best way to use your keys is in a force-multiplier grip ( the back of the keys resting in/against your palm, the keys themselves sticking out between middle/ring fingers ) with a strike to the adam's apple. You might penetrate a small bit but the pain is typically enough to stagger most assailants allowing you to run for help.
>>
Hi everyone, OP here with a last update. The professor was arrested this morning, but it was my neighbor who made the call. He came around 7am and tried to pick my lock, I need to get it replaced now because it's pretty banged up. I stayed up the whole night and fell asleep around 5am, so I was out cold when this happened, but he couldn't open the door because it was propped up by a chair, so he rung the doorbell several times and stood by the door in the hallway where you couldn't see him through the peephole.
My darling neighbors have work in the morning at 9, but they stayed to make sure I was ok. He was still standing there at 8:30 when they left to go to work. They walked by him, went outside, and called the cops immediately. Management locked the doors from the outside and the cops arrested him. The cops found a small vial of something on his person, unlabeled, looked like something you'd find in a lab. So, for now I am safe. Hopefully, he also loses his job over this.

>>17181138
>>17181108
>>17181513
Looks like I won't be needing this advice immediately, anymore! But it's really good to keep in mind, thank you!
>>
>>17176454
>because in a ton of states, taking video of someone without their consent is ILLEGAL.
check your laws first because you're wrong
>>
>>17182431
What was in the vial?
>>
First of all I'd like to say that you're not alone. Stuff like this has happened to my female friends before. Colleges are so paranoid about male students raping girls while drunk and will easily expel them, but don't do anything about the sexual harassment their own precious professors commit. Right now, there are serial rapists teaching at my college.

Everyone who has given you legal and weapon advice is correct. You need to protect yourself physically and legally. Recording him is an excellent idea, but check with your state laws first. IIRC as long as the camera is on your property (like inside a window) it should be OK. Also, him getting arrested in front of your neighbors makes them important witnesses. Talk to them, tell them what's going on, and go to the police together.

Personally, I would not go to the college authorities until you have made some progress with the police investigation and have a legal restraining order. Colleges are federally required to comply, but don't always do so. (My friend got a restraining order against her rapist only to find her in the same hall the following year.) Once the guy is going to court for his behavior, the college just cannot in good conscience employ him anymore. If he's not tenured, that makes it even easier.

Even if the college doesn't do anything, warn your friends who are thinking of working with this professor. It is the best thing you can to do help other students. At my college there were a few female faculty in the STEM departments who knew all about which professors had a reputation for sexual harassment or assault (based on independent reports from multiple students) and would advise female students on how to interact with them, if they had to.
>>
>>17182683
The cops are testing it. It was unlabeled. If he did take it from his lab in the university, I feel like it would be very condemning evidence for his termination.

>>17182742
He is tenured, unfortunately, and when I tried to get help for his harassment last year, my emails were ignored by the school's main anti-sexual harassment coordinator. And the head of the biology department was very sympathetic for "poor Dr. X, he really likes working with undergrads". So, your words are sadly very true. I still haven't heard back from the University about sharing the inquiry with police, but I guess his firing will be directed by the township police, me, and lawyers, not the university.
>>
>>17182431
what is his nationality
>>
>>17183142
American, he's from Rhode Island.
>>
>>17182431
Hooray! An update! With really good news! I'm so glad.
Gosh now I want to know how this proceeds. Have you heard anything yet about it?
>>
File: steveharvey_raises_the_roof.gif (2 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
steveharvey_raises_the_roof.gif
2 MB, 700x394
>>17182431
>>17183070
flashlight-anon here; congrats anon! You should still stay on guard in case he makes bail and attempts another visit. I'm glad you are safe for now, though. Please keep us updated; I'll check this thread once in the morning coffee and once with my evening cider or boozey-beverage.

So how should we celebrate? I could dump all 20 of my Steve Harvey .gif if the thread wants it. .gif related; partying over your recent victory!
>>
File: 1326413860834.jpg (4 KB, 126x114) Image search: [Google]
1326413860834.jpg
4 KB, 126x114
Yo OP I'm not reading all this shit but I did read your post and have something to say.

What the fuck is wrong with you people, taking shit like this to a university to be dealt with?? There are POLICE for that. Universities are for SCHOOL - it's no fucking surprise that they don't turn into the FBI when someone reports something like this.
>>
>>17183983
Thank you! He is still in jail right now, until our court date which is scheduled in a week exactly. I got my restraining order that is for 10 days, and I'm meeting with a lawyer today to find the best way to proceed. Everyone in my complex involved has agreed to come to court as witnesses, thank goodness.
>>17185068
Thank you! Steve Harvey is always much appreciated :) The cops were much more sympathetic this time around. They told me that if he does get bailed out, they'd send a cop to check out my area of the complex several times a day.

>>17185080
Yes' university justice is extremely biased in favor of the faculty. It is also very much pushed upon the students to be their primary court and police system-- even though they are hilariously bad in my uni. I still haven't heard from the university, even though they do have hours today. I'm thankful for the local police.
>>
just want to say i'm really happy you're ok, OP, and i hope this shitbag gets the punishment he deserves
>>
File: steveharvey_angry.gif (3 MB, 595x335) Image search: [Google]
steveharvey_angry.gif
3 MB, 595x335
>>17185417
;D Gotcha! For this survey we are asking for the top twenty .gifs that'll make anon's reaction folder into a hightower! You already saw >>17185068 and I'll post the rest in alphabetical order.
>>
File: steveharvey_annoyed.gif (3 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
steveharvey_annoyed.gif
3 MB, 700x394
>>17185482
>>
>>17185487
>>
File: steveharvey_betrayed.gif (2 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
steveharvey_betrayed.gif
2 MB, 700x394
>>17185490
>>
File: steveharvey_circles.gif (3 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
steveharvey_circles.gif
3 MB, 700x394
>>17185497
This is one of my favorites; use it when you tell a troll you're dropping out of a convo because your tired of being taken in circles for the amusement of his kind.
>>
File: steveharvey_compliments.gif (3 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
steveharvey_compliments.gif
3 MB, 700x394
>>17185504
>>
File: steveharvey_embarrassed.gif (3 MB, 595x335) Image search: [Google]
steveharvey_embarrassed.gif
3 MB, 595x335
>>17185509
>>
This is copy pasta
>>
File: steveharvey_facepalm.gif (3 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
steveharvey_facepalm.gif
3 MB, 700x394
>>17185511
>>
File: steveharvey_gives_approval.gif (2 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
steveharvey_gives_approval.gif
2 MB, 700x394
>>17185517
>>
File: steveharvey_gives_disapproval.gif (3 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
steveharvey_gives_disapproval.gif
3 MB, 700x394
>>17185522
I'm thinking of deleting this one and replacing it with the "Man Code" gif. This one seems redundant when I already have "shake my damn head" in there.
>>
File: steveharvey_handshake_and_hug.gif (2 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
steveharvey_handshake_and_hug.gif
2 MB, 600x338
>>17185524
>>
File: steveharvey_high-five.gif (3 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
steveharvey_high-five.gif
3 MB, 700x394
>>17185527
>>
File: steveharvey_laugh.gif (2 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
steveharvey_laugh.gif
2 MB, 700x394
>>17185534
>>
>>17185539
This one would fit half the posts in /b/ and maybe 1/4th the posts here.
>>
>>17185544
Normally this is where >>17185068 would be.
>>
File: steveharvey_says_you_crazy.gif (3 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
steveharvey_says_you_crazy.gif
3 MB, 700x394
>>17185548
Aand this is the one I'd play for your professor.
>>
>>17185552
>>
File: steveharvey_spooked.gif (2 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
steveharvey_spooked.gif
2 MB, 600x338
>>17185555
>>
File: steveharvey_was_not_ready.gif (3 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
steveharvey_was_not_ready.gif
3 MB, 700x394
>>17185560
Last one; and with that I'm /out/ until I get home this evening. I hope you enjoy your new reaction folder!
>>
>>17185425
Anon, thank you!

>>17185566
I had such a laugh looking at these! Thanks for setting an awesome mood, and ending this thread in the coolest possible way!
>>
>>17185621
NP; I'll be back later tonight to see any updates. I hope you enjoy enjoy your new pen and find a good flashlight!
>>
>>17179999
fuck off. kill yourself.
>>
>>17178136
>60 year old prof
>20 year old chick
>prof is bigger and stronger than op
>probably could hold her down and fuck her hard
op i know everything is said and done but this would be such a hot rape fantasy, can you tell us what you and he look like?
>>
>>17185907
see >>17185524 and >>17185490 b4 OP gets >>17185482 or go back to /b/ where you belong.
>>
File: Invisible-man.jpg (29 KB, 480x631) Image search: [Google]
Invisible-man.jpg
29 KB, 480x631
>>17176314
It's obvious that he wants to jump your bones.
So give him what he wants.

Invite him in, jump on him, suck his old, griseled dick. Badly. Use lots of teeth, bite, claw and hum Mmmm Bop! while you do it.

https://youtu.be/NHozn0YXAeE

At the end snowball him.
https://youtu.be/tpQqH4H_SUQ

He'll think you suck in bed and move on.
>>
>>17176442
My sister has pepper spray (or is it mace? Idk) on her key chain just because it's good for self defense.

You should get some. Can't hurt, it's like $15 at frys I think. It's good to have on you regardless of if someone is stalking you.
>>
>>17185976
>>17186018
I think you both missed the post where the professor was arrested after one of OP's neighbors caught the guy with a vial of something he made in her uni's lab while trying to pick her lock. >>17182431

She responded once more to flashlight guy and a few others but now she's gone. >>17185621

I think a few of us are just watching the thread hoping for another update.
>>
>>17186033
Oh yeah, I just read that part. Shoulda read the whole thread before commented.

If she reads this she should still should get a key chain pepperspray imo.
>>
>>17186060
flashlight guy here in-between destinations

The reason I recommended a tactical pen to anon ( see the pic I posted earlier, this is also a nice pen by Benchmade but much more expensive ) is because they are legal everywhere where pepper spray is illegal in many places. I am lucky to live in a state where it is legal but a lot of those sprays also lack the power to keep somebody from going after you in spite of the pain they cause. A tactical pen's tip causes a sharper pain using a blunt yet pointed tip which is more likely to stun for a second or two when used on a pressure point in addition to breaking bone when used on a hand than pepper spray is to reliably blind an attacker without blinding yourself. With that having been said a Flashlight is still the best EDC tool one can carry.
>>
>>17185976
>>17185907
That's so disgusting that I, just, ew. He is not a "handsome old hunk", he's a flabby man with a potbelly.

>>17186018
>>17186060
I've heard that people have sprayed themselves in the face with pepperspray before on accident, and need to practice using it before a situation arises. I don't quite feel comfortable using it since I am a klutz!

Final (honestly!) update!
1. I bought a Hybea flashlight and am super excited for it to come in the mail.
2. The substance in the vial WAS chloroform. I am so creeped out because we used chloroform in our lipid experiments a lot last year. But apparently it's expensive and hard to buy anywhere now except for chemical suppliers to labs, so he must have gotten it though the university.
>>
>>17176314
file claim with police not just university. uni will keep it internal, and sweep under rug.
and give him the protection order.
>>
Glad to hear that you're all right, and that he's behind bars.

Did they ever figure out what was in the vial?
>>
>>17186655
That's a good point. Though just brandishing it would hopefully deter an attacker.

The pen does sound like a good option though.
>>
>>17186836
See
>>17186655
>>
File: gon_crying.gif (928 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
gon_crying.gif
928 KB, 640x359
>>17186655
Flashlight guy here, giving his last post. This was my first time "helping" ( not sure I did all that much help but you've now got a flashlight which allows you to help protect yourself and others ) on /adv/ and I have to say it was a better ( and more moving ) experience than I thought it would be; .gif related ( but /slightly/ exaggerated ). Wishing you the best anon; as odd as it is I think I'll actually miss this thread and the people in it.

Flashlight guy signing off.
>>
>>17186849
Ah. I was thinking either chloroform or acid, but then I had to go to work so I was away for a few hours. Sorry to see one of those guesses was right.

Definitely glad to see this guy behind bars.
>>
Will you just post the pic of him standing outside your apartment already.
>>
>>17187730
She can't because this is now a criminal investigation, you dolt
>>
>>17187749
I think laws on that vary by jurisdiction, but I agree that it isn't a good idea. Will this do instead?
>>
What can chloroform do?
>>
>>17188180
Nvm did some googling and it's not the best form of sedative. It can have serious complications and takes a while to knock someone out.

He could've really harmed opie with it
>>
>>17188180
>What can chloroform do?
It's one of the oldest anesthetics, but it's not very safe. The typical criminal uses are kidnapping and rape, though it has occasionally been used for murder. In this case, I'm guessing the intent was rape.
>>
>>17188203
That's really scary.

Although I'm interested in how the court case goes. How will this guy even begin to justify his actions?
>>
>>17188180
Getting a rag douses with it and forced over your face, fast falling unconcious after a struggle, breathing the fumes in.

What happens next depends on the assailant, they could even extract a kidney and then have you wake up in a tub filled with ice as you see the gore around you.
>>
>>17176314
alright lets address some of your claims
>professor tries to sleep with me
did he actually do this, or did your think that because he was "creepy", that according to you, he wanted to sleep with you (when, he thought u might have been attractive, but he knew his boundaries).

Anyways, in regards to your second paragraph, why don't you just ask him why is he at your house instead of just assuming? I mean, hes a fucking old man, you think hes suddenly going to accquire superhuman physical strength?

This is, of course assuming its not a troll, and if it is i give it 5/10.
>>
>>17176376
Either the police will believe you and do something about it, or they wont and will do nothing about it. Either way you will lose nothing but a bit of your time, and maybe some gas money.
>>
>>17188298
>>17188298
A bit of advice: read the rest of the thread b4 posting.
>>
Updates updates updates!!!
>>
>>17178252
Those look like what they call "Nigger Beaters"
>>
Op
I'm glad he got cuffed. Fuck him, make him hurt if he tries that shit again
>>
File: benchmade_socp_rescue.png (112 KB, 244x577) Image search: [Google]
benchmade_socp_rescue.png
112 KB, 244x577
flashlight guy again, guess my last post was not my last.

Just found a really neat item I'd recommend over a tactical pen and wanted to share it with you all. Pic related; Benchmade SOCP Rescue Tool featuring a glass-breaking tip, strap cutter ( seatbelt, small rope ) and O2 key. They also make two small knives ( but both sadly over 2.5 inches ( one serrated spear-point, one dagger ) that might be good for daily carry. The sheaths have pocket clips but are able to be strapped onto your packs, belts, etc.

Not sure if OP is here ( I know they bought a flashlight, which is awesome! ) but figured I'd bring these to the thread's attention.
>>
Wow, this thread is still alive? I feel like a proud mother!

>>17188203
>>17188286
Yeah, when we euthanized lab animals we would use CO2 to make them sleep and not wake up, the chloroform was reserved to speed up evaporation and solubilize liquids. He does a LOT of surgeries so he'd know the dangers of chloroform, I'm disappointed and freaked out that he'd use it on me regardless.

>>17188277
>>17189239
Updates! I saw the lawyer today, and they are suggesting I do 2 lawsuits: one to the University on basis of negligence, since they ignored me last year and this year too, and one to the professor, on basis of aggravated entry, stalking, and sexual harassment. We are working on figuring out the logictics of the lawsuits, since I' graduating in December and I don't want to put my life on pause for this-- I want to move away by spring to another town, but would have to be present in court during the lawsuit. I'm looking for work in-state as a backup plan, but the lawyer says that as long as the professor doesn't try and extend the lawsuit, it should be ok, since the prof does't know I'm graduating so soon. For suing the university, I can be out of state.

>>17188298
Ok, this thread has gotten a lot of replies in this ilk. I'm not making up that he was creepy last year.
He asked everyone in the lab to help him clean out his kitchen when he was packing up for his leave. When I came, I was the only one present with him in his house. I helped pack up a bit, then he gave me a back massage without asking if it was ok (!), started rubbing my hips, and when I made a move to leave he was saying things like, "it's early, why don't you stay for longer?" and it was the creepiest thing because he is older than my father. He did other things too, but they're described in the thread I think. He also apologized for acting like a "creepy uncle" to me, and told me he would always have feelings for me, since there was a "natural magnetism" between us. So, no, I am not making it up.
>>
>>17189468
This is cool, really cool! It is going on my wish list!
>>
>>17189984
>started rubbing my hips
this is hot. aren't you the least bit curious about what he'd be like to fuck? he's probably much better than guys your age at pleasing a woman.
>>
Stop being a dumb liberal and leave the poor guy alone. He just wanted a girl and now he risks losing his job because the girl he looked at the wrong way is a retard who takes shit out of proportion.
>>
Op deserves to get beaten up.
>>
>>17188298
>did he actually do this, or did your think that because he was "creepy", that according to you, he wanted to sleep with you (when, he thought u might have been attractive, but he knew his boundaries).
Fucking redpillers.

The guy was caught red-handed trying to pick the lock to her apartment, with an unmarked vial of chloroform on his person. The red flags he threw before then were thrown for a reason: the creep vibe was very real.

Think about this the next time you get rejected with The Look: she thinks you are him. How bad must you be to throw vibes that strong?
>>
>>17190080
>professor tries to sleep with his student right before he leaves the country
>stalks and tries to rape student after coming back
yeah, the poor guy. he needs sympathy, not jail time.
>>
>>17189984
>let's ruin this guy's life and drive him to suicide because he touched my hips
Literally end yourself you human garbage
>>
>>17190068
>>17190080
>>17190095
>>17190206
kek, these stupid fuckers

Seriously if he an heros that would probably be for the best. After sneaking up to some poor broad's place to pick her lock while carrying a vial of chloroform, he's not gonna have a very fucking happy rest of his life, justly.
>>
OP how retarded can you get? This dude is stalking you. Take pics or videos and call the cops.

God damn stop worrying about his job or his livelihood.

I honestly hope this is a troll.
>>
>>17190285
>he didn't read the thread

And then there's this faggot.
>>
Can we get this shit archived?
>>
>>17191080

Seconded
>>
>>17191080
Third.

Hope this is confirmed later. Professor losing his tenure should get into local news at least.
>>
>>17176423
what
>>
>>17189984
>He also apologized for acting like a "creepy uncle" to me, and told me he would always have feelings for me, since there was a "natural magnetism" between us.
No. Just no. There is no such thing as "natural magnetism". Creepy Uncle Prof here just didn't want to grow the fuck up and fucking distance himself like a decent man would.
>>
>>17176314
Get a Ring Doorbell system, its got a camera that uploads to a cloud system once the motion sensor is triggered. Set it up well for a clear video feed you can turn into the police and University if he shows up again.
Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.