[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you actually make friends with someone? In the past it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1455139099742.jpg (79 KB, 600x550) Image search: [Google]
1455139099742.jpg
79 KB, 600x550
How do you actually make friends with someone? In the past it just used to happen because other people chose to include me in stuff, but now I can't seem to make friends on my own.

I've tried to be friendly with people, start texting them, etc, but I find that 99% of the time texts back are just one liners or sometimes they don't even respond, and then I don't know how to go on from there.

No one texts me first to ask me what Im doing except one girl that Im friends with. its like no one thinks Im good enough to be friends with.
>>
>>17188369
I have the same problems
People only talk to me if i talk first; even my own friends...
I also can't hold a conversation so i don't talk to people and the the snakes bites it's tail again and again.
>>
>>17188403
>Meet girl through friend.
>She adds me on facebook.
>says "you're cool" 20 minutes into the night.
>Is playful and makes conversation with me.
>friendly at first on facebook after that night.
>slowly becoming more glib with responses on facebook.
>hasn't responded to last text asking how her finals went.

fml. I ruin everything somehow. Its just like with plants too. I keep watering them if they look sick and trying to mess with them and they die.
>>
Same here. I mean im pretty shy but im super nice to everyone but now that im out of school and all that I never get invited anywhere. Its depressing. I am 23, live in a college town and basically my only friend is my boyfriend
>>
>>17188470
>Same here. I mean im pretty shy but im super nice to everyone but now that im out of school and all that I never get invited anywhere. Its depressing. I am 23, live in a college town and basically my only friend is my boyfriend

It makes me feel slightly better to see that this happens to girls too, because the last two girls I tried to be friends with outside of the previous context of class/work both started getting distant and cold.
>>
i have a similar problem to you all. except, i think mine might root from my culture. no one where i live does anything with there friends apart from go clubbing. i would be weird if i asked someone around to my house to play video games or asked them to go the zoo or some shit. im 22.
>>
It's like looking for a lover. The harder you look the harder it will be. Just live life friends will show up. Do things and be included.
>>
>>17188499
But that's false.
Everytime i do something, sports for.example, people accept me and sometimes talk to me inside the group but outside it's like i don't exist.
>>
>>17188499
>live life

>go to wageslave job
>get home from wageslave job
>watch telly til I fall asleep
>rinse and repeat except weekends when I just stay in bed

Been doing that for 26 years newfriend, nothing's changed.
>>
>>17188632
>Everytime i do something, sports for.example, people accept me and sometimes talk to me inside the group but outside it's like i don't exist.
Its like you dont bridge the gap.
>>
>>17189933
It's like i don't know how to do it. It's like people don't find me interesting enough to talk to me. It's like people respond me with yes,no,maybe and never try to develop a conversation.
Just because it's natural to you doesn't mean it is the same for others.
>>
>>17189987
What grinds my gears is that so called 'normies' talk about the most stupid mundane shit, each person on the other side either pretends to be interested or actually is (for some reason, how can what you did at the beach be interseting to other people?), and yet its this social conspiracy of smalltalk which is just a placeholder of interaction, and normies find it easy to do with each other, and it works, but if someone like me tries to do it, the conversation, being filled with the same kinds of details, is shut down as uninteresting.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.