[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I found out today that my girlfriend was raped as a child.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: sun.png (4 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
sun.png
4 KB, 600x300
She's the love of my life, she laughs and jokes around like everyone else, we've been together for a while, I wouldn't describe her as "disturbed" by any means.
She left clues here and their but I ignored them out of denial.
It seems to me like it doesn't bother her that much cause it was so long ago, idk.
Basically the whole thing fucked me up and I've been through swirls of anxiety and shit, I want to throw up just thinking about it. It took so much willpower to right this subject line. Surely at least some of you might empathize how I feel.

I just... how do I come to terms with this? There's no way I'm breaking up with her before you tell me to do so. And I'm paranoid about giving away information.
>>
Do you roleplay as the one who raped her
>>
File: image.png (172 KB, 463x462) Image search: [Google]
image.png
172 KB, 463x462
>>17186884
I'm in a similar boat anon, mine was and I was too (I'm a guy), it's hard for you but if you truly love her then buckle in cus it could get much worse, ptsd has a lot of lingering effects that could strain your relationship, essentially you just have to be there for her, comfort her and remind her it wasn't her fault at all if she ever starts to say things like that. If you love her you'll have more times when you're both doing great but there will also be dark times, just try to toughen up (which is a shitty term but you know what I mean) and take the storm full force, it'll get better
>>
>>17187668
How the fuck did I remember it's name is metabee
>>
i say put in absolutely no effort to help her.

shes gotta handle this shit on her own or she'll never be a good wife.
>>
>>17186884
Ew, I couldn't deal with that. She's been physically defiled and mentally damaged.

NO HYMEN NO DIAMOND
>>
Just don't worry about it
Try and forget about it, put it out of your mind
Tell her she can talk to you about it if she wants, then leave it at that
It doesn't matter, she can't help it
>>
>>17187740
>NO HYMEN NO DIAMOND

Has no idea how repulsive his wife is going to be.
>>
dude its not like YOU were the one who got raped, shes having a hard enough time having to deal with her past. stop with this stupid ass mentality and just try to support her if she ever brings it up, wtf
>>
Child sexual abuse is sadly very common for men and women. Many people never open up about it or even realize it happened to them. (Not in the "repressed memory" sense, but not understanding that their violation met the definition of sexual assault.) It's also an underreported crime which means most victims will never tell the police, and some don't even tell their own families. So if she opens up to you about this, it means she trusts you.

You said that she doesn't seem mentally or emotionally disturbed, and that's a good sign. A lot of people will be able to just move on from it. The best thing you can do is be a good listener and support her if something does come up. But don't force the topic, because it can be a very sensitive one, and it's not good to drag up trauma unnecessarily.
>>
If my 16 year old sister had sex with me several times when I was 10 and I took great pleasure in it, does it still count as abuse and should I talk to a therapist about it?
>>
Opie why are you freaking out? What's your problem? Like why the big reaction?

Just support and comfort her.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.