[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Made a thread before, things have changed perhaps there are new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (45 KB, 175x263) Image search: [Google]
image.png
45 KB, 175x263
basically my gf wants to be an actress and I'm having trouble coping with the idea of her performing in intimate scenes.
I talked to her about it we didn't really get anywhere. For me it's really not "just acting" these other people will still be kissing,touching her etc. Ive decided not to make any major decisions till it actually happens but the possibility of it still weighs on my mind, I'm unhappy and can't fully enjoy the time I spend with her, what do I do? Is breaking up really the only option?
>>
Breaking up is probably the best thing, because you're an insecure faggot. Freaking out over staged intimacy is 8th grade drama class bullshit.

So...you could just get over yourself instead, but...
>>
>>17184521
Staged or not it wouldn't bother you if another person was touching your partner in such a way?
>>
>>17184529

Not really, to be totally honest. But I dance and psuedo act. When I'm some princess being held at a climactic moment by the prince, I sometimes have romantic feelings, but more in the moment as my character for his character. When we get backstage and start squeegeeing all the sweat and ben nye off out bodies and faces, he's just Nick again. We talk about how it went, when we fucked up, and how the crowd was. We show eachother dumb shit on facebook, laugh about the groupie types texting us and that's it. I'm not saying theater romances never happen but...If you don't trust her in that situation, I'm guessing you don't trust her in a lot of other innocuous situations either.

It's good not to let blind trust cloud your judgment, but at a certain point you have to let your partner live their life.

I think my husband has one male colleague. He's meeting at coffee houses and restaurants and traveling to fancy conventions with attractive women his age. The nature of their field means they're very open with each other. That seems almost more nerve-wracking to me than staged humping, but I trust him. That's why I'm with him.
>>
>>17184545
I'm not worried she'll fall for anyone I just don't want anyone being intimate with her but me, and when I say intimate I'm aware there are often no real romantic feelings behind it I just don't want someone else touching my girlfriend like that.
>>
>>17184512
break already. relationship with artists only work between themselves. unsensitive souls like ours cannot grasp their craziness.

just read what this bitch said >>17184545
it's not something we want to be associated with.

or you could join her. after awhile she would give up real fast
>>
>>17184554

lol a respectful relationship between two people who love each other and don't get crazy jealous over coworker bullshit isn't something we want.
>>
>>17184554
I'm only hesitant because besides this she's my 10/10 personality,looks everything. Shit is rare man plus it's still just a possibility I don't want to break up over this only for it not to happen. my main problem right now is trying to get it off my mind but I'm reminded when I see her it's making me unhappy
>>
>>17184512
Any actor or acress will tell you that during love scenes the absolutely LAST thing they are thinking about is arousal. They're too busy getting the angles right so the audience or camera will see what they're supposed to see and no more, trying to remember their lines, reacting to the other character's bad breath (Clark Gable was notorious for this), and trying to keep from giggling at the silliness of it.

Google "actresses talk about love scenes"
>>
my only problems are that someone else is touching her that way and that I can't get it off my mind for now. I don't care if they enjoy it or not it's still happening
>>
>>17184592
Meant to reply to
>>17184581
>>
Chances are pretty good she's going to fail.

I wouldn't get too worked up over something that isn't ever going to happen.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.