[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, love is apparently a Jewish myth. Butterflies in the stomach,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: sersh.webm (3 MB, 1370x1038) Image search: [Google]
sersh.webm
3 MB, 1370x1038
So, love is apparently a Jewish myth. Butterflies in the stomach, that's infatuation. So is the honeymoon phase. I spent three years in a relationship that should've ended in one, because maybe I did love her. I cared about her deeply and found her attractive. But I really didn't love her, I found out.

So what the hell is love?
>>
you love your parents don't you?
>>
>>17180075
Having an agreement on a common goal?

If I've learned anything from this shit board is that most of us say, "I love you, " only because we wish we did. Imo, the feeling of true love is very rare, and it's a culmination of interpersonal, emotional, financial, hierarchial, and sexual factors that intertwine into a feeling of determination and belonging. It's having that, "I'm 1 million percent sure you are the only one for me and I'm 1 million percent sure if you accept me, I will be with you forever. " It's much rarer for those feelings to be reciprocated. Mine never were but I hear some people equally spiral down into calm acceptance of their partner being a part of their life like their very own legs.
>>
File: 16.jpg (448 KB, 1025x1280) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
448 KB, 1025x1280
>>17180075
You can't love because your heart is black and your spirit corpulent, fat and sickly.

This is true of most humans in history.
>>
>>17180075
Romantic love is a lie, or at least an unsustainable feeling during the honeymoon period. True love is when you are mature enough and find someone who you can be selfless towards. When you care about someone more than yourself, that's love.
>>
>>17180097
Familial love is not the same as romantic love, familia.

>>17180108
Well, that's depressing. So I'll either settle for a girl who's way more in love with me than vice versa, or a girl will for me.

>>17180140
So I apparently loved all my ex girlfriends. Especially the last one, the relationship was very comfortable and I was secure. But I knew it was wrong and that I wanted her to be happy, even if that meant a future without me in it. Same with this current girl now. That can't be love.
>>
>>17180075
Also, that really is one of the most beautiful faces ever. Is it male or female?
>>
>>17180185
:( i don't know. ..
I am with a guy who is in the highest form of love with me, but I am not so. I'm not sure if I should continue like this forever. His purity, innocence, servitude, and complete focus on me is the main reason I stay.
>>
>jewish myth
I suppose love never existes until the jewish made it up? So all cultures before judism came about made up their love stories? Or perhaps jews fabricated all history?
Anyways >>>/pol/
>>
>>17180218
You're wasting his time and yours. You'll never love him as much and you'll always be in his heart no matter what. I bet you, if you broke up with him, he'll tell you something along the lines of "I'll always love you" or "I'll wait for you." Break up with him and let him grow and move on.
>>
>>17180111
Explain this pile of metaphorical shit, please.
>>
File: 20.jpg (376 KB, 1025x1280) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
376 KB, 1025x1280
>>17180241
The world is sick and its inhabitants are worshipping the devil and have a heavy sickness of the soul. You cannot love another until you truly love God.
>>
>>17180233
I've tried breaking it off and that's exactly what he said but I couldn't stand breaking his heart so I went back to him.
I'm afraid if I let him go I'll never find someone even half as good as him in looks, dedication and servitude. It's getting harder and harder to find white men, especially attractive ones.

I'm also afraid that I'd be a fucking idiot chasing a fairy tale like true love. On the one hand, it happens to some people, on the other hand, you have to be logical about life.
>>
>>17180202
Looks female to me, but not one of the most beautiful faces i've ever seen.
>>
>>17180218
You'll eventually grow too tired of him. It won't last forever.

I've been that guy (and most betas of this board have) and desu, you'll eventually break his heart in thousands of little shards, but you must do it, so that he can become a real man.
Anyway, good luck and don't cuck him or leave him for someone else, just leave him when you're ready.
>>
>>17180231
For many years before the modern version of love and marriage the arrangement simply meant a business transaction between a man and a woman and nothing more. The modern idea is a unrealistic feel good bs version of what it really is and it has been pushed in multiple media formats who of course are controlled by 90% ___?
>>
>>17180218
How would a man who you could hopelessly fall in love with be in your opinion?
As in, which traits do you think he would have?
I'm curious.

By the way, it seems that what they say about paying all of you attention to a gurl turns them off.
>>
>>17180231
It's called a joke, you four-fingered troglodyte. Go back to where you came from.
>>
>>17180253
:'(

I have to do it...but I wish I didn't.
Thanks, anon. Do you think I could do something to prepare him for when it does happen? Because he's willing to do almost anything for me (including give up everything he already has just to be with me) so I want him to be in a very warm place surrounded by many other people who love him. If I really have to do it. ..I should place him in the vicinity of positive female attention so that the fall isn't devastating.

What am I talking about, this is crazy, I'm not going to think about letting him go until I'm 1 million percent sure.
>>
>>17180319
If there are a lot of things that you love about him, why do you want to do it? What do you miss in your relationship?
>>
>>17180262

> By the way, it seems that what they say about paying all of you attention to a gurl turns them off.

I think they're referring to the initial stages of getting to know a girl. And even then that's stupid to say if she really likes you. Yes, there's a game of tug of war there while she's trying to figure out how valuable you actually are, but it starts to matter less and less after you get to know each other. This is a relationship. If your s/o isn't paying attention to you, it's not a relationship.

>>17180331
> what traits would he have
> what is he missing

We're in different classes of society and in different professions. I want us to expand in one profession. He's not willing to join me, and I'm not going to force him. And yes, he should do his job as a higher provider like I should do my job as bearing children is concerned.
We could have a little better chemistry where I'm laughing and smiling most of the time. But don't get me wrong, this is the happiest relationship I've ever been in and I like this calm playing field too. I'm not going to think of throwing it away any longer tonight. This is silly, me talking about what I want when I haven't proved my worth yet.
>>
>>17180319
My gurl, just the fact that you're taking his feelings and welbeing so much in consideartion says a lot about how good of a person you are.

I myself, as I said, was that guy before, but also, I've been in that situation in which I couldn't leave someone in order to not hurt them.

Anyway, there's no way you could exit this without him hurting himself (you're not the one hurting him, he's doing it himself).
He will relentlessly try to cling onto you, cause you're everything he has, but such is life.
Hardships in your life are one of the best times to step out of your comfort zone and change yourself, do something with yourself, so that right there is a gift that you are awarding to him.
It's not your fault that he's developed these feelings for you, and you should not be imprisoned or be held by this, as you're a free being of her own will.

All you can do is to try to soften the blow the best that you can think of, but don't overthink it too much (how are you going to do that of the female attention thingy?)
Just be honest, tell him that things dont work out for you, that you're sorry but you can't change the situation.
When you do this, remmber to step away from him, don't talk ti him, givr him time and space to recover.

By the way, stop thinking that you're never gonna find another guy like him, there are billions of guys like him, just get into online gagonna

I'm on my phone so it takes me forever to write all of this and I probably haven't rly expressed myself as best and extensively as I could, but I'll be around if you wanna talk.
>>
>>17180368
Sure, but even in a relationship, I've ALMOST ALWAYS found girls become disinterested or falling out of love with guys who were the typical overly caring, nice guys who constantly call them nice things and dedicate their entire attention to them.
I've read about this stuff, and men saying that you can't let a girl take you for granted and every day that passes I see stuff that corroborates that theory.
>>
>>17180368
Would you be willing to be the higher provider if he beared the children?
>>
>>17180185
>But I knew it was wrong and that I wanted her to be happy, even if that meant a future without me in it. Same with this current girl now. That can't be love.
Sounds like love mixed with self-sabotage.
>>
>>17180368
Why is it a problem for you that you have different jobs? It's usually bad for relationships if you bring home work. If you have something that works well throwing it away is not wise because of possibly unrealistic expectations that no-one has ever met in your life instead of working on what you have to make it better.

What is your worth?
>>
>>17180371
>female attention

make friends with females I know he would be interested in and bring them over

> online gaggona

a what...?
it's not likely to find someone fitting on the internet because people in my circle are generally "normal."

I can Do ittttt
btw anon thanks a lot. You reminded me of a reality I lost hope for. I really appreciate it but I also really should get of this board.
>>
>>17180393
I think it makes sense that i don't have this experience because I don't see him very often. We talk everyday anyhow but we're usually busy.
There should be a push and pull otherwise it might get boring. Attraction is just a game.

>>17180401
Yes and I am.

>>17180416
Because my job is also a lifestyle and a different everyday "language."

> what is your worth
career, money
>>
>>17180422
If he's this over you, he won't be interested in other females. When you love someone deeply, you don't even recognize the are other women.
>>
>>17180422
Wow, that thing about the girls is so nice.

>online gaggona
Lol did I rly type that? Well I'm happy then, cuz I smiled.

Anyway, just listen: don't spin this too much, you don't love him.
If you did, you'd know 100% sure. You're just looking for excuses and ways to love him.

About that girl I couldn't leave, she had anorexia and other rly hard stuff and I have a very developed sense of empathy (just like you probably do too), so I just couldn't do it at that time (i even cried cuz of it).
I, myself, also tried to give me reasons to love her, i kept repeating myself good things about her and talked about her to friends.

She was the smartest (or at least most savvy) girl I had ever known and she was very popular, so I tried to use those as the pillars in which I could sustain my false love for her, but in the end I just admitted to myself the truth and eventually she got better and I left her.

She still tried to hook up with me this new year's eve, but that's it, she's doing well and we keep contact and friendship.
>>
>>17180244
>can't love another until you truly love god

I worship dark and fell gods, Christian. My gods were ancient when the empire that killed your Jesus was in its infancy.
>>
>>17180587
edgy shit edgY sHit thats some edgy shit right th ere right there if i doƽaү somy self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷM HO0OଠOOOOOOଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ Edgy shit
>>
>>17180407
Self-sabotage in what way? I couldn't bring myself to say I love you because I didn't feel it, even though they could say it. Let that go on for a year, then I finally muster the resolve to break up for the better good, and because I care.
>>
>>17180587
If gods existed, they'd be fallen gods, powerless and dead gods since almost nobody worships them.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.