[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Antidepressants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 335979-monolith.jpg (742 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
335979-monolith.jpg
742 KB, 1920x1080
I was prescribed antidepressants several years ago and i took them without any real changes.

I believe the stresses and pressure I was under at the time is what caused my severe anxiety and overall emotional breakdown.

I'm considering trying them again but i'm not sure if I should or not.

Does anyone here have any experience with antidepressants?
>>
citalopram seems to work for me.
>>
I'm drinking escitalopram antidepressants and bromazepam benzos for some 40 days now. Definitely feel a lot better and am more motivated to do shit, talk to people, don't have panic attacks anymore, started going to the gym every other day. How long did you take them? It can be up to 6 weeks before they have an effect and some people need to try different ones if they're not doing anything.

I know two other people who took antidepressants and both will swear that they helped them a lot.
>>
you should definitely weigh the side effects against the pros, since most give you some nasty ones no matter the dosage. if you've ever been suicidal, you'll need to consider getting into (or continuing) therapy just to help record and deal with suicidal thoughts since that's a very common side effect.

otherwise, i can't tell you much since the experience of taking them is usually pretty unique to the individual. they can take a few weeks to months to kick in depending on what you get, so if you start on something and the side effects suck stick it out for a bit until you switch to a new one.
>>
>>17179614
Took escitalopram and trazodone.
Escitalopram did literally nothing.
The trazodone made me sleepy, unsurprisingly (used as a sleeping pill sometimes).

Benzos and such made me more anxious.
Other meds didn't work at all or otherwise did the opposite of what they were supposed to.

I'm not a very lucky man, but i'm not ready to give up.
Someone will invent a pill that works eventually. Looking forward to the new generation, like rapastinel, neboglamine, NRX-whatever-it-was, NSI-189, esketamine, etc.
>>
>>17179699
have you tried sertraline or any of the SSRIs that don't end in -pram? i've heard that those can give a much different experience for certain people that don't react well to/like the -prams
>>
>>17179644
That's actually the one that I'm considering taking. What dosage are you on?

>>17179662
Drinking? I haven't even heard of those two things before.

>>17179699
I think I was prescribed trazodone before but I didn't want to take it because there were unknown side effects with it binding to the melanin within the body. I could be wrong but about it being that specific one but I know that was something that stopped me from taking it.
>>
>>17179722

Also tried Quetiapine and it made me break out in cold sweats and hallucinate.
>>
>>17179713
Not sertraline, but iirc took citalopram and fluoxetine too. Psychiatrists just gave up on the SSRIs after seeing literally zero effects after 6 weeks (as in not even any side effects, might as well have been taking sugar pills).

>>17179722
>unknown side effects with it binding to the melanin within the body
If you worry about the rarest side effects you'll drive yourself nuts and not take anything. After all, amphetamine has the prominent side effect of sudden cardiac death for example, and yet i've been taking it every day since i was 17 (narcolepsy).
Trazodone is pretty shitty anyway tho, doubt you missed much there.
>>
>>17179739
That's true, it's basically citalopram that I'm thinking about taking again anyway.
>>
>>17179614
it takes a month+ to see the effects of antidepressants.
I'm also on citalopram. Prozac made me feel numb and I didn't care about doing anything. Welbutrin made me manic, high highs and low lows.
Citalopram makes me feel, well, normal. I guess.
>>
>>17179749
>t takes a month+ to see the effects of antidepressants.
>I'm also on citalopram. Prozac made me feel numb and I didn't care about doing anything.

When I took it I felt emotionless. I was recommended to take a higher doseage of 40mg (i think) as I was taking 20mg a day at the time.
>>
op here again

incase this helps i'm very antisocial and find it really hard to socialize in any capacity. Would taking citalopram help this?
>>
>>17179722
>Drinking?
They're regular pills. I'm from a non-English speaking country and we use the verb "drink" to describe "taking" pills. I sometimes forget that our idioms/phrases don't work in other langauges.

>>17179699
>Benzos and such made me more anxious.
I had this issue during the first week or two and while changing doses, but it went away eventually. I'd feel physical tension, like I had to punch things.

>>17179767
Yes, it can be used to treat social anxiety.
>>
>>17179814
>it went away eventually. I'd feel physical tension, like I had to punch things.
Yup, there are 2 holes in the walls of my room back home that can testify to that.
And i stopped each of them after a day (valium, xanax, and klonopin).
How do you make it "a week or two" with your furniture and fists intact?
>>
does anyone have experience with drinking while on these? specifically citalopram
>>
>>17179933
bump
>>
>>17179662
>bromazepam benzos
Remove this from the equation anon. Over time you'll lose the therapeutic effects and would just be taking it to feed the meter so to speak (and that usually goes with a general sense of malaise)

Benzos should only be taken sporadically, not for continued use.
>>
Anyone here try Tianeptine? How does it fair at it's intended dosage?
>>
>>17179644
taking celexa (citalopram) was one of the worst experiences of my life. the one week i took that drug was hell. i couldn't sleep for more than 3 hours every night, and i woke up to panic attacks. never before in my life did i want to kill myself right when i woke up. i dropped that shit immediately and decided to deal with depression on my own.
>>
>>17180228
well that's a little discouraging...
>>
>>17180228
I had the same experience with escitalopram. I just couldn't sleep while I was on it (even if I took it in the morning) I stuck with it for a week hoping it would go away, but it didn't.

I think only a certain % reacts to it this way.
>>
Having tried a decent number of antidepresants i have come to the conclusion that they are horse shit, it comes down to the simple fact that being depressed is your minds way of telling you it is not happy the way you are living. It has and always will be a bandaid effect - inb4 - but what about people who have a chemical imbalance giving them medium to long term depression
>it can all be subverted by changing the way you live.

So do not take a chill pill as big pharmalam would suggest.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.