[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please for the love of God. Teach me how to stop being such a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Please for the love of God. Teach me how to stop being such a beta faggot, and gain confidence so that I can get a gf. I'm so painfully lonely and I'm sick of feeling this way. My self confidence cannot get any lower! How do I fix this!
>>
>>17176403
>My self confidence cannot get any lower!

That's good. It can only get higher. Build confidence by accomplishing things, as small as they might be. Trying new things, push yourself out of your comfort zone.
>>
File: Brofist.jpg (25 KB, 478x468) Image search: [Google]
Brofist.jpg
25 KB, 478x468
It's easy... Simply put, "Do something..."

I have no fucking clue what you look like or what you do but this is what you do... Leave your fucking comfort zone. Put yourself in a position where you will meet people. Join a (co-ed) sport team, a club, or volunteer. Just do something that will allow you to meet people.

Other things to boost confidence... Improve the way you look, seriously. Think of the most alpha people in your life that are getting women (either a celeb, tv characters, etc.), and what do they look like? Chances are, they're fit and dress well. What should you do? scrape up what ever cash you have and join a fucking gym. Before you decide to deck yourself out in the shit YOU think looks good, take a look at what the pretty girls are into... (my hint: /r/malefashionadvice)

Need more advice?
>>
>>17176403
Honestly practice talking to people especially the gender you're attracted to. With practice you can slowly gain confidence. Also even if you're not confident try to fake it. If you get any positive responses that helps turn false confidence into actual confidence.
>>
What specifically do you think needs improvement? Are you just nervous around girls, or do you want to improve your self-esteem wholesale? If it's just girls, then there are different tips, tricks and methods you can employ to maximize your chances of getting laid (assuming that getting laid is the goal, as opposed to getting into a relationship), but improving your general self-esteem is a different process entirely.
>>
>>17176436
What would be some examples of those different tips, tricks and methods?
>>
>>17176403
Oh my god I would cum all over that pictures face but since I am autistic I can't get them like that. Which leads me to my advice, I am a dumbass obvious and I get plenty of women. you have to fuck older women when you are stupid, disabled, lack confidence etc. Not all older women are beyond their prime and they seem easier to get that younger ones. I have not had sex with anyone younger than 25 years older then me, I am 26 now and the oldest I've has was 33 years older than me.
>>
>>17176441
Dress nice, smell nice, ask questions, make eye contact, mirror her facial expressions and body language, smile often, and always have a plan.

There are more, of course, and certain things will vary on a case by case basis, but these are the general things. In my opinion, the most important thing here is to ask good questions. If you ask interesting questions, then a girl will perceive you as being interesting no matter how boring you are.
>>
>>17176441
Simplest thing is to accomplish something... Consider the snowball effect: small accomplishments may seem insignificant, but if you or OP continue to accomplish certain tasks over time (i.e. hitting the gym regularly, or talking to women) you gain "confidence" with respect to that thing, which can build overall self confidence.

Other things involve improving self image and self-assurance.
>>
File: 1462328842333.png (162 KB, 627x459) Image search: [Google]
1462328842333.png
162 KB, 627x459
>>17176403
Start taking care of your body.
Eat a proper diet with plenty of protein and drink enough water.
Keep good sleep hygiene, sleep at regular times and enough for your body to heal and grow fully. This usually means 7+ hours per night.
And most importantly, exercise. Both aerobic (cardio, like running) and anaerobic (band/cable training, weightlifting). Basic calisthenics provide a great start for both.

As a man, you benefit from having balls, which produce substances called "androgens". These have psychological effects, especially on self-confidence and aggressiveness, and make you more attractive (subconsciously) to most women and many gay guys.
Living a soft life and having excessive abdominal fat lowers your production of these hormones: your body saves time and energy by not producing what you don't need.
Improving diet and exercise changes that equation and forces the body to adapt to a more stressful environment and give you more tools to survive.

Clothes are also important (like the other anon said): dressing nicely makes you look and feel better. Fit is important: clothes shouldn't be baggy or uncomfortable.
There are studies on narcissists which basically conclude that the attention they put into their body + clothes + hair makes them more attractive even from across the room, and even that this is one of the main reasons sociopaths are rated as more attractive than normal people.

>>17176452
>the most important thing here is to ask good questions.
This. #1 thing in casual conversation with girls.
Memorize lists of these questions if you have to, and in time you'll get better at coming up with them tailored to the situation and girl.
>>
Just talk to women like you already fucked them
>>
>>17176403
>Teach me how to stop being such a beta faggot, and gain confidence so that I can get a gf.
Just do it.

No, really. Nothing else works. Ever. The only way to gain confidence in a thing is to do that thing. This means that the first few attempts must always be made without the benefit of confidence. You can use courage to fill the gap for now, but courage is really nothing more than making yourself do something even though you are scared. In other words, "just do it" again.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.