[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have finals next week. My girlfriend's birthday is this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: cons.png (52 KB, 293x276) Image search: [Google]
cons.png
52 KB, 293x276
I have finals next week.

My girlfriend's birthday is this week.

She wants to go to Disneyland, which is about 4 hours away from us.

She only wants to go on her birthday and doesn't want to go a week after finals because it wont be special because its "not her birth day"

I don't know what to do. I feel bad that last week I told her that we can go there but I don't feel like I have a handle on my finals (I'm taking 4 classes. 2 extremely hard, and 2 easy). I thought I had a handle, but recently I've been proved otherwise.

What do I do? Do we not go? She acts like her birthday will be boring and she'll be sad if we don't go to that one place.

She said she understands but she is obviously upset.
>>
>>17174935
If your girlfriend doesn't put your finals over her birthday party, she's quite a bitch.
She can go there with her friends and you two can do something special some other day, after the finals are done.
>>
Don't be stupid, you come first before your girl. Get your fucking future together before trying to please someone who's only going to be in your life for a short while.
>>
>>17174938
>>17174941

She's sad because she feels like she probably won't do anything on her birthday and her friends probably won't go that day.

I told her I'll make it up to her but she just feels like she wasted her birthday.

The only thing I'm not okay with is the drive. It's a 4 hour commute there and back. Meaning that if we want to spend a whole day at disneyland, we gotta stay at a hotel the night before.

That's two whole days of studying I'm missing out on.

I told her I'll take her out somewhere nice but she just feels bad and doesn't want to do ANYTHING but go to Disneyland and if she can't go, she won't do anything because "nothing will be as good as Disneyland"

We probably won't go to Disneyland but I still want to do something for her on her birthday but she's not having it.
>>
>>17174976
Your girlfriend is a selfish cunt and you'd be a fool to sacrifice your own wellbeing for her petty whims.
>>
Bring Disneyland to her instead? Watch some Disney movies and cuddle?
>>
It'd be a bit different if she were your wife. She's just a girl and she's temporary (by the looks of things she's so selfish you should be relieved it's temporary) whereas finals are pretty important and decide you're future.
But it's your choice OP.
>>
>>17174983

She understands why I can't go but she's sad and disappointed and isn't open to anything else.

Does that still make her selfish? I'm not being sarcastic. I genuinely don't know.

>>17174993

That won't be enough because she's not gonna feel like she's doing anything "special" for her birthday.
>>
>>17174976
How old are you two?
She'll have a ton of birthdays ahead and even if she doesn't do exactly what she wants to this year she has a lot of time to do something special in the future.
Even if she "wastes" her birthday, you can always plan ahead next year, or do something special in the evening, or pretty much whatever.
My birthday is in the middle of finals and I don't care if my boyfriend doesn't have time to do something special on that day.
It's not like the world stops for your birthday after elementary school.
>>
>>17174998

Oh I definitely won't be going to Disneyland. My future is ALWAYS priority to dumb shit like this. I've been feeling pretty stressed out lately and I just wanted some advice on what to do because I genuinely feel like I did something bad and I feel bad about not being able to take her to Disneyland for her birthday.

But to whom it may concern, my future is number one priority.
>>
>>17174976
So basically you have to do something that screws over your education, or she refuses to even attempt to have fun/compromise. Then she gets to hold how you don't give a shit about her birthday over you if you don't do it.

Its a shit test son; choose me and this thing that screws you over, or chose yourself and I'll be upset. She shit testing you, trying to gauge how much of her bitchboy you'll be, even if she doesn't realize she's doing it.

That's women man.
>>
>>17175014

Well she'll be pretty disappointed

>>17175009

She's turning 20 this week, I turn 20 in like a month. and yeah right? I haven't celebrated my birthday for like 5 years. It's nothing special to me but I'll always celebrate it for other people if it's special to them. But fuck like give me a break. She can wait a week but like I said. "Won't be as special" + she'll be working. I told her that we can go next week on Saturday night and then come back Sunday night but she didn't want to because she works on Monday.. double standards much?
>>
Serves her right for popping out of the womb a week too soon. Hopefully she learned her lesson.
>>
OP, remember something : What isn't meant to be, isn't.
Study hard, become something greater than the boyfriend of that girl. If she doesn't understand that you value your education, that relationship isn't meant to happen.
>>
>>17175024
Don't go before your finals. Don't let her get what she wants if it'll screw over your education. So what if it won't "be special" a week later? Who the fuck cares? Just say you can't do it the week she wants to do it and if she refuses to do it the week after finals then you just won't go. Geez, your girl is a brat.
>>
>>17175024
Honestly she sounds really immature.
Birthdays are cool when you're a kid but adults have responsibilities and you can't expect them to put their life on pause to celebrate your birthday.
Explain this to her, if she doesn't understand she'll be upset and you shouldn't care.
You didn't do anything wrong.
>>
Tell her that her birthday is just another day of the week.
Tell her that arbitrarily pick another day of the week to assign importance to after finals are done.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.