[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fuckk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: fuckyoumate.png (23 KB, 285x206) Image search: [Google]
fuckyoumate.png
23 KB, 285x206
its 10:08PM as I'm writing this

I have an exam for a language I'm half good at in 11 hours

I have 10 poem analyses and 4 historical treaties to memorise

I'm literally so fucked right now, does anyone have advice for keeping myself awake / boosting memory / boosting motivation / reversing the effects of lack of sleep
>>
Go back to red dit
>>
>>17171311
A levels?

Best way to learn would be do it in small chunks with small breaks in between. So like 25 min revision, 5 min break. Download the app Flat Tomato to help. Brain learns best this way. Cramming for hours with no break like most kids do is retarded and a horrible way to study for an exam.

Boosting memory -- this is a trick we learned in psychology. Do something while you're studying that is easily replicable in the exam. So like chew gum while you're studying and in the exam chew gum. You'll be reminded of when you were studying and information will come to you easier as the brain is making connections. Don't listen to music. You need to recreate the exam environment as much as possible -- silence, no music.

Another memory technique for those plays or poems or whatever. Write the first letter of each word of the text you need to remember. Then recall it only looking at those letters. Then do it without them. I do this and it works amazingly.

As for keeping yourself awake, coffee. But it's a bad idea to not get enough sleep before an exam. Very bad idea. Maybe don't stay up a bit but not all night -- trust me I've done this and you will not remember anything even if you did revise all night.

In the morning eat something fatty like eggs or a handful of nuts (keeps hunger away) and good carbs like oats for the boost. Don't eat or drink shit or go hungry. Lots of water.

Good luck, A levels are fucking disgusting and much harder than uni. This is probably the most stressful period of your education so take solace in the thought that once it's over it's over.

What A levels are you doing?
>>
>>17171374
Maths
Modern Greek
Computing
Classics

got modern greek A2 exam tomorrow, haven't done any work for it all year

thanks man, this advice seems really useful
>>
Humans are like batteries, not much you can do now since seems like you wasted all your time to prepare.

You discharge in the day and need sleep at night to be like new again. Study until 1-2 AM then go to sleep. Remember to prepare next time. Last thing you want to do is be late/sleepy during an exam.
>>
>>17171395
Is there no way I can push that to 4-5AM and reverse some of the effects?
>>
>>17171381
Shit man those seem really interesting. I do maths, which exam board are you on? Mechanics or stats?

Also I'm jelly you could do Greek at A level. Is it writing or speaking tomorrow? If speaking, learn some phrases you can put in anywhere or modify quickly. Learn some stuff to stay as a way to buy you time if you need time to think. Also learn how to say "I don't have an opinion on this" or something similar as a way to change the subject if you're asked something you can't think anything up for without going silent.
>>
>>17171381
Also are you AS or A2? If you're AS don't stress it that much, yes it's a shame you might not get that good of a grade if you haven't studied, but there are retakes (if on old syllabus) and if you're on the new syllabus these exams don't even count.
>>
>>17171409
I had the choice of decisions, mechanics and stats and I chose stats and mechanics. I think I'm doing OCR.

I'm fluent in conversational Greek so an oral exam would be a blessing, but sadly its purely writing. Comprehension and essay-writing.
>>
>>17171415
I'm doing AS this year, but my school's doing 3 A levels instead of four (had to do a 5k word thesis project called EPQ instead of a fourth a level), and basing predicted grades off of internal exam results.

I did both AS and A2 Modern Greek externally. I fucked AS really bad so am hoping I can scrape a B or more in A2 and use it as my predicted grade.
>>
>>17171435
Well good luck man. Do what you can but get some sleep.

And enjoy AS. A2 is hard af and I already miss college, I miss being so young and carefree.
>>
If you have an exam in 11 hours I suggest you get off 4chan and start studying.
Seriously, wtf is wrong with you?
>>
>>17171501
severe procrastination
>>
File: 1461895799970.jpg (28 KB, 821x843) Image search: [Google]
1461895799970.jpg
28 KB, 821x843
>>17171311
Getting off 4chan would be a good idea you degenerate
>>
>>17171525
You clearly don't want to study so go play some vide games instead.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.