[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alcoholic mum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: war_bunny_by_izmaeth-d4ip922.jpg (139 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
war_bunny_by_izmaeth-d4ip922.jpg
139 KB, 894x894
So I'm at my wits end here. Mums been an alcoholic for several years. I'm out the house. Now. My dad stays with her. She's the worst drunk I've ever seen, she yells sat the top of her voice in the garden. Speaks to herself, is so incrediably manipulative, lies, steals money. She hates my dad, hits him and constantly harasses him, even lies and says he hits her. She's had several suicide attempts. Won't last much longer this way and my dads going through a torture I've never seen anyone else suffer. Shell never stop by herself, she needs to be in an institution but the NHS won't do it. I live in Scotland. WS wondering how I could make this happen. Legally what is the criteria for getinbg her in somewhere? Any other advice people can give. Its ruining everyone's life's, its real hell. Sorry for the writing, done on a kindle in the one he safe room. Thanks in advance.
>>
Sorry this is happening to you. Had a similar childhood. Eventually she recovered on her own after many years. Best of luck.
>>
Cheers. Feel like if nothing happens soon she'll be gone. Fucked up man
>>
My mother began drinking when she was 13 and is 59 now.
She was a terrible, terrible alcoholic.

Her relapses have gradually been getting further and further apart though over the past 5 years.
Not really sure why. Her medication helps.

In the US it's really easy to get rid of abusive parents.
I once called the police because she hit me and my father and they put her a shit ton of court trials and told her if she got even a single additional offense she'd have to spend 6 months in prison.

Only reason she wasn't taken away was because she's really good at manipulating people.
>>
Aye, here its pretty difficult. The law is vague, I've been told. They have to be a harm to themselves or others. She is but they still won't take her. Really need someone who knows the law or eany other approach we can take. Its a horse cock up the arse I'll tell u that
>>
it sounds more like depression

and desu with some people its not the worst thing if they leave the earth.

But most of the time, people have to hit rock bottom, to see what they have done to themselves and the people around them. That mostly happens after divorce and having nowhere to go etc.
>>
Its definitely depression too, aye. I recon she'd end up whoring herself out or something before she quit. Dads not willing to risk it. Might have to but not that kind of guy. Like I said I'm sure there is a way to get her somewhere, even if it needs a court case. Its a fucking safari there.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.