[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/. I am going through extensive planning for a Kickstarter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (984 KB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
984 KB, 4032x3024
Hi /adv/. I am going through extensive planning for a Kickstarter I'm going to pitch soon. I just wanted your input. I am going to spend 30 days in a blank room with only a mattress and toilet/shower. I will have no sense of time. There will be nothing to entertain me. The room will be locked from the outside. There will be a single camera, the whole month will be live streamed to a site. I will have absolutely no contact with anyone from the outside. Someone will slide me a tray of food twice a day. The door will be locked from the outside. I will not be allowed to leave under ANY circumstances unless I am injured or become a harm to myself. There is a lot of planning going into this. Food bills, someone to constantly watch over me in case of emergency, psychiatric analysis afterwards, etc. What are your thoughts on my endeavor? Is this something people would be interested in?
>>
I wouldn't be interested, but seeing as Big Brother was huge around a decade ago, there's definitely a market for it.

However, you need to think about how to bring viewers to this. You probably want to have someone to do some edits now and then to create some sort of daily hilights, so that the more impatient vewers won't have to be sitting through an entire day of nothing to catch one minute of worthwhile entertainment.
>>
>>17170077
Good point, I hadn't thought of that. I'm mostly worried about it not being funded, so ideas like this are great. Can I ask your opinion of who I should be advertising to? Also, I have my numbers set for how much I'm asking, but just for a sense of realism how much would you expect for a project like this to be asking for?
>>
What exactly is your goal with this project?

I would probably not watch it as it would be as unstimulating for me as for you sitting in that room. Perhaps I'd tune in every now and then for a few minutes to see what you're up to.

30 days without stimulation is an awful long time, I don't think you really understand what you're up for. Sometimes when I miss my bus I have to wait 3 hours until the next one comes and I swear to God those 3 hours are hell even with my phone that has some music and a few games on it.

What if the guy sliding the food tray under your door also put a random item on the tray each day? A deck of cards, a pencil, just something simple.
>>
File: Oldboy_shot_32.jpg (558 KB, 1789x1221) Image search: [Google]
Oldboy_shot_32.jpg
558 KB, 1789x1221
>>17170078
> how much would you expect for a project like this to be asking for?

Are you trying to make a profit?

If you don't have any rep in the world then you need people to spread it around to places like Reddit and Gawker and all that other internet crap otherwise nobody will notice.

Also you need to think about the aesthetics of the environment.
>>
>>17170074
Definitely listen to the new season of startup (the podcast). Or at least the first 2-3 episodes until the justin tv story finishes. As >>17170077
said, there's absolutely no way people aren't going to get bored if this is simply live-streamed for a month.
>>
>>17170103
>there's absolutely no way people aren't going to get bored if this is simply live-streamed for a month.

This. Unless you're famous already then you're just gonna end up on a compilation video on Youtube and people will forget about it after five minutes.
>>
>>17170074
Forget kickstarter. Do it for free. Go to jail.
>>
>>17170074
There have been some vaguely similar Japanese reality shows. Does not seem very interesting to me.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.