[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/aco/ Commission Thread 3: The Fate of Our Lewds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /aco/ - Adult Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
File: HYPER COMBO FINISH.png (168 KB, 812x254) Image search: [Google]
HYPER COMBO FINISH.png
168 KB, 812x254
Post your commissions

Shill yourself
Shill others
Discuss lewds

Remember commissioners, not only is it welcomed to post your images, it's encouraged!
Previous thread: >>689981

The Google doc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18JG-7pSJNx8XE5qwAay8I_iJUsfpOFSY8NJcj4_8pDA

TotT
Commissioners: Do you have an artist you go to for your lewds? Or do you prefer pron from a variety of artists?
Artists: When it comes to returning clients, do you prefer if the commission the same characters or theme? Or would you rather see what new lewd ideas they have on their minds?
>>
File: 1465238712847.jpg (518 KB, 1126x1280) Image search: [Google]
1465238712847.jpg
518 KB, 1126x1280
And a few public service announcements.
>>
File: 1466723609069.jpg (55 KB, 727x357) Image search: [Google]
1466723609069.jpg
55 KB, 727x357
>>
File: 1465241722492.jpg (80 KB, 700x841) Image search: [Google]
1465241722492.jpg
80 KB, 700x841
>>
File: ShantaeIkki.png (882 KB, 890x961) Image search: [Google]
ShantaeIkki.png
882 KB, 890x961
And a little something from me.
Artist goes by the name of Vincios.
>>
File: ShantaePoss.png (865 KB, 890x961) Image search: [Google]
ShantaePoss.png
865 KB, 890x961
Here you go, enjoy!
Now shill away!
>>
>>700774
>Or do you prefer pron from a variety of artists?
I rarely commisison the same artist twice but it seems like such a gamble every time.
>>
Hey guys,
Got a question for commissioners.
How do you feel about things you've paid for being posted by the artist?
I've often wondered what the general rules around this sort of thing are, and when drawing under commission, will never post what I've completed but have seen other artists doing it.
>>
>>700837
Most of the time the artist doesn't ask and just posts it. Sometimes the artist will ask and I've never said no.

I know the artist needs it to help them get more commissions so it doesn't feel right to say no.

I've never ordered anything really personal, though.
>>
>>700837
I dunno, I would like to be asked . But I guess that he did create it.
>>700774
A5W, Peachy, Lewd
>>
>>700837
On the contrary, I've asked artists if I could post it online.
Most have said yes with a few that wants it credited to their nsfw profile.
But to answer your question, most artists have asked me if my lewds can be posted. I haven't refused but it's always nice asking beforehand.
>>
>>700837
Personally, I always ask before posting a commission to my blog or these threads.
>>
>>700774
I enjoy drawing the same characters, feels more personal somehow.
99% of my art is fantasy stuff, so I'm practically always working within the same 'theme.'
One thing I do enjoy is drawing a particular set character in multiple styles or in different 'timelines', that's more of an interesting exercise. Eg. Doing one character in chibi, stylised, realistic then doing fantasy, mecha, cyberpunk etc.
>>
>>700837
I dont mind at all. Its good for the artist, because it lets them advertise themselves with it (thought a good amount of the stuff I comm doesn't exactly have a positive effect on the artists clientel), and I like sharing with the world. The handful of people that share my tastes should see the niceness.
>>
>>700774
10/10 OC, OP.
>>
>>700837
I don't mind at all, since they're the ones that drew it and if it helps advertise their work, so much the better. Sometimes it's almost flattering to see something you thought up getting approval (well, usually) from the public too.

I've had people I've commissioned ask before posting, or just post it without asking. While I prefer being asked, if I had a problem with it being made public, I'd make sure to tell the commissioner before it was done and get that straightened out. So not asking doesn't bother me.
>>
What's funny is that I can see those two being the mascots of the commission threads.
>>
>>700837
I don't mind it. I'm slow as shit when it comes to posting most stuff and I actually find cool that they thought it was good enough to share.
>>
>>700810
I would think having a go to artist would be a good thing. This is the reason i reference people that have hired me more then three times. Shows that im trustworthy and that i make my clients happy
>>
>>700837
I dont commission often but when i did i most of the time post it on my own DA page but i never stop the artist from posting it
>>
>>701186
Yeah, I think I'm gearing towards learning which ones I like. That said, these threads keep tempting me to try artists that are new to me.
>>
>>700899
I do the same. And, sometime i have asked to never post it anywhere which makes me said since im usually proud of my work
>>
Putting this out there but I'm looking for an artist that would be willing to provide black and white comic pages with minimal shading for fifteen to twenty bucks a pop, at two pages a month for a ten page comic.

If you're into /ss/, that'll help speed things along.
>>
>>701192
Im a commission whore...
http://kingvego.deviantart.com/journal/Commission-Price-Updates-609092097
http://kingvego.deviantart.com/journal/Sketch-Commissions-Starting-at-15-620771489
http://kingvego.deviantart.com/journal/Vault-Tec-Commissions-618018866
>>
File: file.png (137 KB, 639x960) Image search: [Google]
file.png
137 KB, 639x960
>>701209
Funny you should reply to me, because you're the latest person I've commissioned.

Pic related. Would happily recommend this artist. They're a pleasure to deal with.
>>
This is for my fellow artfags.
What is the oddest story you got behind a commission you did?

Not sure this counts since this was a request more then anything else but, this guy wanted is sister drawn in some... compromising situation... So... Ya..
>>
File: facepalm_by_kingvego-d8xdcc4.png (113 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
facepalm_by_kingvego-d8xdcc4.png
113 KB, 1024x768
>>701222
Well, i feel silly...
>>
File: proto fuck mix.webm (209 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
proto fuck mix.webm
209 KB, 500x500
i mostly do warframe shits, but commissioners usually come to me for models made by Endlessillusion. meh animation skills, but it somethin
http://amgitzytrid.tumblr.com
>>
Any of you artists stream? I found most artists I comm from through streams, so might be a good idea to try it out if you want to expand your client base.
>>
>>701239
So like you do SFM animations? How much do they cost?
>>
>>701244
I do from time to time, but no one ever comes lol
>>
>>701259
Where do you stream? Do you multi with other artists or at least advertise on your blog(s) you are doing it?
>>
>>701265
Picarto, nope never did multistream and yea i post it on my tumblr, i usually just get 1 person and that is always the commissioner that comes to check out their commission
>>
File: myria_bj_paizuri.webm (950 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
myria_bj_paizuri.webm
950 KB, 480x480
>>701250
i do Blender animations
http://amgitzytrid.tumblr.com/tagged/animation

my prices are pretty much geared more for short anim loops that last a few seconds. i dont work with complex scenes, as you can see.
>>
File: adspace.png (132 KB, 440x350) Image search: [Google]
adspace.png
132 KB, 440x350
No gay stuff
>>
>>701244
I used to stream but not to many people were interested so i just haven't bothered with it in some time
>>
>>701271
Sorry, where's your price sheet?
>>
>>701270
Ah. I've found a ton of artists through multis. Should try it sometime. Many artists are open to multis just for practical reasons.
>>
>>701278
I´ll look into it, but i dont know many that are open to that haha
>>
>>701277
while i may aim to up it in the future to fit the standards of 3d, here's my sheet as it currently is
http://amgitzytrid.tumblr.com/post/147200383389/amgitz-3d-animation-commissions-open
>>
>>701283
Even if you don't know someone directly, you can just ask artists you are familiar with until someone says yes. As I've said, a lot of artists will say yes as long as you respectful, just because its good for them too.
>>
>>701288
Your example image links are broken. Interesting that you charge according to render time, among other things.
>>
File: amazon dom lotus_c.png (1 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
amazon dom lotus_c.png
1 MB, 2000x2000
also, i have limited skill in 2d art. i suck at proportions, and i use pose references either from teh web or from my own blender-made ones

http://stigma-art.tumblr.com/commission-info

>>701291
i dont do that anymore, i just instead decided to charge it the same way i charge total time, but i havent updated it cuz im in a sort of standstill with how i want to handle it. cuz charging by render time is a bit much, considering that my comp isnt the best. so i ought to just play fair and charge by animation time instead
>>
File: sale.png (1 MB, 1000x900) Image search: [Google]
sale.png
1 MB, 1000x900
Shilling this again
Need money to be lazy in Pokemon Go
>>
>>701295
36 bucks per page is a pretty good price.
>>
File: tumblr_oa3yy2PyTX1v9eckbo1_1280.jpg (481 KB, 1280x1792) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oa3yy2PyTX1v9eckbo1_1280.jpg
481 KB, 1280x1792
Got my 3rd comm yesterday from the last thread.
Charged $10 for this.
Thanks for all the info and feedback you guys.
>>
>>701310
Hey man. How did opening comms go? You get a ton of requests? Was thinking about hitting you up but I figured you would be pretty overwhelmed.
>>
>>701310
I think you may undercharge your commissions a bit. This is quite good

How long did it take you to draw this?
>>
>>701310
Why would you only charge $10 for that? That's worth at least double, if not more than that.
>>
>>701335 >>701310

That's what i was thinking. But, if this person could get it done fast and easy, then i could get the low price. But, it looks really good if it was done quickly.
>>
>>701293
You should go through and streamline your commission page, especially if it's not up to date or has 404s.
>>
>>701358
yeah, just gotta git to it, is all
>>
>>701316
I got 3 emails for offers and 2 general questions about fetish stuff they were into.
I sent back sketches for the offers, so I've got time, email me if you'd like:
commissionbishop at gmail.com

>>701318
It shouldn't have taken no more than an hour for a simple single person standing pose, but took me about two and a half hours as I wasn't familiar with the character's proportions and had to spend some time getting it right. Also experimented with the a new grass brush for a bit instead of just using a lasso for quick colors.

>>701335
The price sheet I posted listed $10 for single person simple pose, so I felt I should stick to the price, even though I did end up putting in a lot more work then I intended.
Deal's a deal, right?
>>
File: commissioninfo1.png (1 MB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
commissioninfo1.png
1 MB, 1280x1920
shilling again for dragon dildo money or somethin. i don't do underage/scat/inflation stuff but i try to be flexible, and i can try stories/captioning pictures too.
>>
>>701388
Cool. If I wanted to get a small collage/comic page, how much is that? Thinking of something like that shorter clarissa page you did.
>>
File: naga2rs.png (4 MB, 1500x2250) Image search: [Google]
naga2rs.png
4 MB, 1500x2250
>>701390
this is the most recent nsfw thing i did [just a little sized down because of 4chan file size limits]
>>
File: Flower P3.png (2 MB, 1120x1260) Image search: [Google]
Flower P3.png
2 MB, 1120x1260
>>701306
Thanks man
I've been sick so I don't have much new stuff to show but here's another current page
>>
>>701392
$20 as was listed, I need to redo the sheet to include $5 sketch option as well.

I feIt I should get some work under my belt before trying to raise prices.
>>
>>701401
Well, your prices are super cheap. I'll probably send an email within the next hour or so. Hope you are interested.
>>
>>701244
I like to stream but don't get a lot of viewers either. would anyone be interested in swapping picarto usernames so we could watch each other? I would happy watch other adult artists stream and chat with y'all.

Dunno if anyone else feels that way.
>>
>>701408
I just view, I don't stream. But I watch a lot of them, so...
>>
I don't really watch streams but I say two colorists stream on one page on picarto. If multiple lewd artists were streaming on the one page, you'd probably get more viewers.
>>
>>701405
Sure, thank you.
>>
>>701408
What kind of connection do you need to stream, I'm on wireless modem capped at 2mb... I assumed it's best to be tethered?
>>
>>701417
Wired connection is best, but wireless works just fine. Is that 2MB your upload? I think you need at least 700kbps upload to stream decent quality.
>>
>>701416
Man, I want to commission you but i'm drawing serious blanks as to what I want
>>
>>701444
>not having a list of all the comm stuff you want to get on hand
>>
>>701444
When in doubt, always go for amputee cocksleeve rape ;^)
>>
File: commissionCavewoman1.jpg (2 MB, 2255x3000) Image search: [Google]
commissionCavewoman1.jpg
2 MB, 2255x3000
Well, ill shill myself... again...

Something like this is 25$ by thy way.
>>
>>701446
I know, I'm an idiot.
>>
>>701446
I've basically run out of stuff to commission at this point but I still want to see more lewds of characters I like.
>>
>>701488
My list keeps growing. The artists I am comfortable comming from never have enough slots for me to make a real dent.
>>
>>701501
Anything interesting you could share here?
>>
>>701358
new and improved commission list http://amgitzytrid.tumblr.com/post/147204672229/amgitzytrid-animation-commission-price-guide
>>
>>701503
Interesting? I have no idea what people here would think was interesting. Its mostly just loli stuff with some dumb shit like preggo Dizzy thrown in here and there.
>>
>>700837
I guess I'm gonna stand out here and say I don't like it. I commission strictly my OCs and I'm part of a niche fetish community (nope I won't say which one). Some of the things I commission I want just for me, some I want to share, some are inside jokes. I don't usually commission artists who are looking for an audience (when I do I let them post it). I'm usually only going to contract artists who have a developed portfolio and a visible history of quality. Part of it is that a lot of artists I commission are part of the same "community" and I hate being seen as the guy who just commissions and pushes his OC like a week. Wish the artist would ask me.
>>
>>701563
Weeb* not week
>>
>>701563
I usually ask, myself.
Though I read many artist charge extra not to publish it.
>>
>>701567
they should. It loses them something they can post up on their portfolio.
>>
>>701563
I think the burden is on the commissioner to ask if they can keep it private (or if they can post it wherever for that matter.)

But generally, the way I see it, unless either side has made a point to bring it up, I can post it wherever I want, and they can post it wherever they want. I might, however, ask that my name be kept private, because there's some stuff I could be embarrassed about.
>>
>>701644
It's a matter of courtesy to ask if you can post it, more than a requirement.
>>
File: hbcommissionguide1aco.jpg (397 KB, 1005x1024) Image search: [Google]
hbcommissionguide1aco.jpg
397 KB, 1005x1024
Hello again, shill thread!

I currently have one commission slot open, but you can also check out my Patreon page if you'd like to try your luck winning a commission via raffle.

https://www.patreon.com/hentaiboy
>>
>>701563
I commission a lot of my ocs but I stil don't mind if they post it, I'd like to be asked but they did the work, I usually put stuff on my blog and give full credit.

I'm also part of a niche fetish I understand why you feel this way . Did they try to claim ownership of the oc's ?
>>
>>700837
>How do you feel about things you've paid for being posted by the artist?

Im happy to share. I get a lot of more obscure characters so if I can make it so my fellow fans get something out of it too than that's the more the better for me.
>>
I have a question for artists.

Do you get annoyed if people make new commission requests immediately after delivery. I always feel like im being annoying
>>
>>701799
I like eating, so never ;^)
>>
>>701799
I fucking love that, not only because i get to eat, but because it boosts my confidence knowing a commissioner wants to contact me again.
>>
>>701799
That's probably the greatest compliment you can give an artist.
>>
>>701799
If an artist is uncomfortable taking more work, it's usually on them to refuse it. If they can't bring themselves to refuse, then they probably have bigger problems than you, like a crippling personality disorder or bankruptcy.

Still, if a commissioner is happy with an artist's work, and the artist doesn't think they're a complete pain in the ass, then repeat work usually works out well for everyone. There's some familiarity so communication is easier, there's more stability to it and (generally) less bullshit involved.
>>
>>701224
There's was an artist on this thread who had a client that wanted his wife being raped.
But for me anyone that wants irl people drawn I think is weird in general.
>>
>>702008
I know artists that have gotten comms of them (the artist) getting fucked by the commissioner. And they took those commissions and did them.
>>
>>701799
I love that stuff. Often feel guilty cos I may have a couple of other commissions lined up after them, but would want to bust out a heap of similar work for one client in one go.
If I get repeat commissions I'll either give a discount or throw in a couple of freebie sketches as a thank you.
>>
>>702008
Ya, i think that is what put me off. I mean, ill do a portrait or whatever... But, ya. Do you have a story to share? A odd one that is when it comes to drawing?
>>
>>701799
No, not really. But, i always try to keep my clients informed on my workload overall since that could effect how long it takes to get their commission done. Like, 90% of the time, when i take on a new commission, im always working on at least three or more other ones at well. So... Yeah...
>>
>>702023
I'm not an artist, but I have heard stories of people paying with literal blood money that they earned by donating their plasma.
>>
>>701799
This is a good question. I know a couple artists that I really like and I honestly just want to spam comms from them, but I feel like I'm being super annoying.
>>
>>702048
im that poor so i would do it :/
>>
File: gersemi stroke orphid_mix.webm (229 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
gersemi stroke orphid_mix.webm
229 KB, 500x500
>>700837
as an artist, i feel we should be allowed to post the work we've done unless it has been clearly established that the commission would be private.

i feel the display of commissioned work is another method of exposure for the artist. so by default, we would post our work.

>>701799
depends on the artist and how they handle their business, i am mostly accepting of commissions but i'll only take a few at a time if it ever comes to it...but a recurring commissioner doesnt bother me, but if they are among traffic, then i must prioritize others who havent got their turn.
>>
>>702008
It's just a drawing, not even a photoshop, it's pretty removed from reality.
Did he want her to get raped by blacks? ;^)
>>
File: AT Wardrobe Malfunction 11Jun16.png (690 KB, 1050x825) Image search: [Google]
AT Wardrobe Malfunction 11Jun16.png
690 KB, 1050x825
I haven't done commissions in a long, long time, but here goes nothing.

I don't know if /aco/'s really the best place to advertise commissions, since I do more subdued "cheesecake" type things, and you guys can be really.. erm, unorthodox.

But hey.
>>
>>702306
If that's the case, maybe you should start by making your list of 'don'ts'.
>>
>>702313
That could be a long list... Basically if it's anything more risque than BDSM, I probably wouldn't want to do it.
>>
>>702335
Then flip it around and do a 'will do' list.
>>
>>702338
-Pin-ups, portraits, etc.
-Masturbation
-Sex in any form of any sexual orientation
-Bondage, BDSM
-I might consider furry art
-Any fetish that I think is within reason. Examples would be foot fetishes, ENF, maybe even tentacles if done right.

A few examples of things I wouldn't do:

-Rape
-Incest
-Bestiality
-Dickgirls
-Anything grotesque such as gore, scat, farts, etc.
-Anything to do with loli, shota, diapers, etc.
>>
File: WP.png (263 KB, 965x1065) Image search: [Google]
WP.png
263 KB, 965x1065
Shilling myself again.
This is one of my recent works I actually did in one of the drawthreads.
Commission Info: sucre-boo.tumblr.com/commission

>>701399
This artist is legit, good prices and good art, win-win for anyone who was curious about them.

>>700774
> do you prefer if the commission the same characters or theme? Or would you rather see what new lewd ideas they have on their minds?
I think sometimes it's nice to have the same characters as you get to adjust to drawing said character more but it's always nice to hear what new things they have in store for the commission.
>>
Who here draws celebrities (and well)?
>>
>>702361
>all these normies and their laundry lists
Just say "vanilla only," no freaks.
People will get it.
>>
>>702472
Is it Hermione?
>>
>>702361
this>>702510
>>
>>702361
That's boring as fuck.
Are you female?
I'd suggest advertising that or at least lie and pretend you're a girl.

A lot of guys are extremely turned on by the thought of girls drawing their porn, no matter how vanilla it is.
>>
File: tumblr_oa1dj8llbn1v9eckbo1_1280.jpg (383 KB, 1280x1813) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oa1dj8llbn1v9eckbo1_1280.jpg
383 KB, 1280x1813
>>702472
Drew this last week for /v/, supposed to be Audrey Drake at E3, but toonier and sexier.
>>
File: varity.png (3 MB, 5600x4200) Image search: [Google]
varity.png
3 MB, 5600x4200
Posting in the new shill thread: http://notreallybuttpants.tumblr.com/post/134776818129/more-previous-stuff-ive-done-hit-me-up-at

Pic related is a fairly recent commission, most of my more recent art are just quick sketches.
>>
>>702512
No, it wasn't but why? That might be interesting.

>>702543
That's really cool but I was hoping for something slightly more realistic.
>>
File: Knullmannen_Commissions_Correct.jpg (1 MB, 1125x2375) Image search: [Google]
Knullmannen_Commissions_Correct.jpg
1 MB, 1125x2375
>>701799
Not at all. I can't always promise that they'll get it immediately afterwards, and if I have several commissions in line I'll have to put their new one at the back of it to be fair, but more work is never an issue. I'd have to have gotten so much from that person that I can live comfortably enough tot say "Naw thanks, I'm good".

Since I'm not at that point, here's my commission info again, I'm more than happy to give people several commissions right after completing their latest one! :D
>>
If you commission someone and they disappear, what's the right course of action?

I commissioned them back in May, didn't hear from them in June when they said it would be delivered and they haven't responded to my email this month?

It's far from a huge amount but I'd rather have given it to one of the nice artists here.
>>
File: shill.jpg (2 MB, 900x1453) Image search: [Google]
shill.jpg
2 MB, 900x1453
re-shilling because yes.

also, question for artists: any interesting reason why you 're doing porn commissions?

for me, one of my main reasons why i started doing this was so i could get a better computer since my dying laptop is nearing its end. and I really need a powerful computer so i can finally focus on my studies more as a college student (will probably take a break from commission after i get my new rig that being said)

>>701799
whenever they make a new request instantly i feel like they were really satisfied with my work and its kinda ego-boosting for me. i also tend to work harder to return clients more.

also, i kinda found a new fetish of mine after doing more commissions. turns out i really like drawing IRL people having some fun. i dunno why. but any artist discover a fetish of theirs after doing different commissions?
>>
>>702983
>tfw you wanna commission art of someone you know IRL but are paranoid and think they'll find out somehow

Frustrating boners
>>
>>702983
>turns out i really like drawing IRL people having some fun.

I was one of the people who asked for this from you. The first, maybe, not sure.

I'm really happy to hear that you enjoyed it, I was worried that you thought it was really weird, or something. I'll definitely hit you up for some more soonish though.
>>
>>703052
What'd you get, if you don't mind me asking
>>
>>702983
Can you share some drawings of any people? It's something I'm interested in.
>>
>>702930
I'd try e-mailing them again if you've seen them active on other sites (DA, HF, Tumblr, etc.), since there's no real excuse for them not to at least give you an update.

If they've completely disappeared from the Internet though, there's unfortunately not much you can do except hope they come back. That's happened a couple times with me (one's currently MIA after being very close to finishing a drawing), and I just try to wait it out.

One artist was gone for a few months having been in emergency surgery, but to the person's credit, they actually finished up the commissions I paid them for when they recovered and they're still active, so patience in that case paid off. I totally wouldn't have blamed them if they didn't get back to them too.
>>
>>702930
>not having your work done with in the week.
>not stating a deadline before paying.
You've been scammed, tho probably due to incompetence than outright malice.

Who were, let people know and spread the warning.
>>
>>703218
>>>not having your work done with in the week.
They said they were busy and would get it done in June, after giving me a 5 minute rough. June came and went, and no word since.

I don't really like the whole name and shame thing. Can't I open a Paypal dispute if I'm sure they've disappeared?
>>
>>703226
Yes, that would really fuck them.
Paypal is far harder to deal with and they side with consumers most of the time.

You can also nuke them by snitching they draw porn...
>>
>>703218
>within a week

Jesus Christ, paid or not, life does not start and stop at your convenience. If you both mutually agreed on a deadline, that's one thing, but shit happens. An artist doesn't owe every second of free time to you.
>>
>>703226
You should contact them and see if they get back to you.

If not, yes, get refunded.
>>
>2016
>not accepting money purely in the form of btc
>drawfags confirmed mentally retarded
>>
>>703239
It takes you a week to do a comm? Most artists I know can pump out a full detailed and rendered and all that image in 10ish hours. Maybe 20 if its super complicated with multiple figures. But either way, that shouldn't take more than a week.
>>
>>703241
Yeah, I did twice over the last two weeks. Not a peep.

>>703239
Yeah, I generally see it as paying for a finished piece and quality, not a timescale. Although I always appreciate quick work.
>>
>>703244
>>703239
I don't need speed but I do need communication, especially if its my first time working with an artist. Some artists I've worked with a couple times and am comfortable with, so if they don't send me a peep for a month I know that its just taking a while and they didn't straight up try and run with my money.

But for a first time comm? You should try and be in regular communication at least. Even a simple "its been a busy week and couldn't work on it. Sorry, I'll try and get to it next week" would be fine.
>>
>>703243
I'm not an artist, and again, shit happens. Maybe they have other comms, a job, school, a crisis, who knows. You know literally nothing about them. Nothing "must" be done or "should" be done in a week unless it has been agreed upon.
>>
>>703248
I'm sure you are okay with your mechanic taking a month to change you oil because they had "reasons" not to.
>>
>>703251
We're talking about artwork, not auto repair. And if my dumbass took my car to a mechanic already working on 20 other vehicles, then it's my own stupid fault if it takes a while. If my mechanic has other issues that prevent him from finishing repair, then what the fuck can I do about it? It's out of my hands.

Btw, how many of these artists do this as their primary source of income? As in, no other job, no school? I'd bet few to none. A mechanic is most likely working a 9-5 day.
>>
>>703239
Hey, most of what I comm is simple poses and and quick sketches for cheap.
Agreeing beforehand is best, but you shouldn't be taking any money unless you plan on a sensible turnaround time.

A week is plenty of time, unless stated otherwise.
Communication is key.
>>
>>703262
>it's just a hobby bro, why can't I fuck around a bit??
You take money, then you are now a professional, act like one.
>>
>>703262
Its a hobby when you draw for free. It becomes a job when you take money for it.
>>
>>703265
An artist can be a professional and take longer than a week without you being scammed. It's a simple concept, but I can't make you understand it.
>>
>>703239
>An artist doesn't owe every second of free time to you.
No, they owe just the amount of time to finish the art I paid for ;^)

This isn't Kickstarter or Patreon.
It's a business transaction, and the artist owes what was paid for.
>>
>>703270
That guy waited for months and never received a reply when he emailed.
Has be been scammed yet?
>>
>>703277
I have not said they don't owe you what you paid for, I'm saying they don't owe you every free moment of their lives to you until they have. Of course if it's a month down the line and they haven't delivered, you have reason to gripe, but you're not getting scammed because your shit isn't done within 7 days.

I've had artists take longer than a week because life happened and I've had artists get work done almost next day. Whether or not I'll be commissioning them depends on the quality of their art and not how quickly they shat out the piece
>>
>>703279
June ended only 11 days ago, and there's no telling what happened. Maybe the artist died. Maybe a house fire. No telling. But in this case there was a deadline that was missed. I'm not arguing about deadlines.

And further, there's a difference between months with no finished piece and a piece not being done within 7 days.
>>
>>703283
I wouldn't be so blunt to any real person, but yes, they do owe you, that's literally what taking money for a service means. dingus.
Time management is their problem not yours.
If they can't mangr to eek out a few sketchs a week, they've got far more problems in life and have no business trying to take money from people.

>>703286
Most artist are barely competent irl, let alone malicious.
So it was far more likely that they found the work tiresome and just procrastinated until they forgot about it.

Except for the few dedicated pros or poor as fuck 3rd worlders, most artfags online are just college kids or underage looking to score some easy weed/vidya cash.

The best advice is never trust someone until they have some sort or track record or body or work, really.
>>
>>703311
I have not said they don't "owe you", I said they don't owe you every second of free time they have, dipshit
>>
Anybody good with BBW?
>>
>>703355
And I said they owe only amount of time it takes to finish the paid for picture, not every second, fucktard ;^)
>>
>>703366
That depends, is this grotesque inflation or reasonable size? I can draw either one, but I want to know because I want to know if I'll be drawing something I wouldn't mind others seeing.
>>
>>703366
Do you consider Momseid BBW?
Who do you want drawn?
>>
>>703366
I am.
>>
>>703375
No, but you're being a pissy little faggot because some stranger's life doesn't revolve around your wants and needs. Take your queer emojis and fuck off
>>
>>703407
I'm sorry you're still an entitled spoiled child with no respect or understanding of fiances or responsibility.
And I'm also sorry rules of civilized exchange of goods for services trigger you so much, famalam.

Now stop being such a drama-lama, get back to work, and finish my fucking art ;^)
>>
>>703440
>finish my art now!
>you're a spoiled child

Fucking pot and kettle, you inbred fuck.
>>
Hey guys, sorry to interrupt.

But those of you with $5 sketch option, you just plop out the sketch after they pay first right?
They ask for X, pay money, then you draw it.

What happens if they don't like it or want alteration or a new one?
>>
>>703407
>>703440
You're being trolled. Can I just clarify, as this thread has gone a bit nuts, that the person being entitled and rude isn't the person that asked the original question.

I'm actually sorry I asked now, I normally enjoy those commission threads.
>>
>>703450
>asking for what is mine and paid for
>""""""""spoiled"""""""
lol, millennials, I swear.
>>
>>703218
I've been waiting 3 weeks for something that supposedly took a few days. but ill wait for one more then ill get grumpy.

it honestly depends if i see that person posting new stuff on a blog and I have just been left until they can be bothered then ill be annoyed, but often i get stuff within 2 weeks usually?, and that suits me.
>>
>>703452
They're just venting, I think, 4chan and all.
>>
>>703455
>mfw drawing another SU fanart when I should be finishing my commission due yesterday.
lol, guilty, right here~
>>
>>703455
>>it honestly depends if i see that person posting new stuff on a blog and I have just been left until they can be bothered then ill be annoyed
That's happened to me and it angers me a little. If you're going to do that, don't ask for payment up front.

You can tell they just can't be assed and don't really want to draw the character so shouldn't have taken the commission. They'd rather draw something that'll get them reblogs. I can understand it, but still.
>>
>>703465
>>703468
well as long as i was told you don't fancy doing it i wouldn't mind.

I'm not going to wait months 1- 2 is about my limit
>>
>>703459
I don't think 'they're' venting, I think 'they' are just one person, shitposting for attention.
>>
File: Obvious Troll.jpg (44 KB, 454x432) Image search: [Google]
Obvious Troll.jpg
44 KB, 454x432
>>703243
>>
File: Commisionpage kzc.jpg (372 KB, 1000x2413) Image search: [Google]
Commisionpage kzc.jpg
372 KB, 1000x2413
>>702472
i can do this
>>
>>703564
Ooh, I will be in touch.
>>
>>702361

If you are >>702306 , then I'd like to see more of your art. I'm interested.
>>
>>702361
What's wrong with drawing a dick on a girl?
>>
>>703608
It's against God, you heathen.
>>
>>703380
Yes to this. Should've just said THICK.
>>703388
You got a commission sheet bro?
>>
>>703608
What's wrong with drawing any one of them?
-Rape
-Incest
-Bestiality
-Dickgirls
-Anything grotesque such as gore, scat, farts, etc.
-Anything to do with loli, shota, diapers, etc.
>>
>>703618
>Implying God doesn't like dickgirls.
Pfft.
>>703620
Because the rest of those imply forced advances or pure moral degradation. Dickgirls are literally just girls with dicks. It doesn't require anyone else but the singular girl with the dick, sometimes not singular.
>>
>>703619
Good, BBW usually means 600 lb inhuman fetish fucks around here.
>>
>>703623
>dickgrills
>not 100% degenerate
Ayy Lamo
>>
>>703619
Yeah. http://i.imgur.com/jj97E6T.png

I'm still deathly afraid of showing posting it because of all of the anthro characters.
>>
>>703623
>MUH Agency
God I hate you millennial college fucks.
Dickgirls are in the same category as furry and other bizarre fetishes, why do you think /d/ickgirls even exist?
Even back in 2004 no none wanted to see that shit trying to flapped to actual animu girls on /h/
>>
File: bbw.jpg (382 KB, 329x2173) Image search: [Google]
bbw.jpg
382 KB, 329x2173
>>703366
>>
>>703624
Yeah, let me be more specific. I'm talkin' Frank Cho THICK.
>>703626
>dickgrills
This is /aco/ not /d/
>>703628
Nice, might hit ya' up.
>>703632
>College Millennial
Good to see we've gotten to the "Anyone who disagrees with me is obviously younger than me" portion of this thread.
>>
>>703628
>>703564
>>703635
these are nice but they don't really show any actual BBW, just saying.
>>
>>703639
You can still see the THICK though.
>>
>>703637
You don't have to hate something or morally object to it to not find it attractive or sexually arousing.
Presumably the artist finds dickgirls unappetizing.
Saying it's somehow better than nerco-rape doesn't change that, bro.
>>
>>703635
Those are nice meaty girls. BBW usually means straight up fat.
>>
>>703645
>necro-rape
>>
>>703645
>necro-rape
>>
>>703655
>>703649
Narco-rape?
Sleep rape?
You can't rape the dead.
>>
>>703628
>$1-3 doodle tier
N-no, I've spent enough on commissions already this month...
>>
File: woah no.png (26 KB, 842x681) Image search: [Google]
woah no.png
26 KB, 842x681
>>703639
You are WRONG.
>>
>>703311
>>703283
>>703286

Perhaps this is due to me being a professional artist and it being my main source of income but i take shit like this very seriously. And, i think my only problem is that ill take on too many commissions at once since i need the money. But i always make it clear to my clients that i am doing other commission so i will need extra time. And, i try to send them all wips as often as i can so to keep them all up to speed.

To be honestly, it odd when i client just stops contacting you half way thought a commission. I have head that happen to me a couple of times. And, for me, if i dont have communication with i client, then i cant finish the commission since im not sure it it is going to be how they want it :/
>>
>>703380
This is to hot for my cock. Love this artists work.
>>
>>703759
You sound like a really nice artist. Who are you?
>>
>>703451
To avoided this i show them wips to make sure im doing what they want. And, well, my sketches are 15$ for a reason, they are a bit more refined then the average sketch.
>>
>>703620
I dont have a problem in drawing any of this... But that can mostly be due to me being a commission whore :/
>>
>>703639
You mean stuff like this? Did this for a client that has a thing for big tits and BBW.
>>
>>703797
Yup.
>>
>>703806
Well, i have been hired to do stuff like this a couple of time. Sometime more cartoony like this http://kingvego.deviantart.com/art/Commission-Naturally-Padded-587410893
Or sometimes a bit more to my own style, like what ill put up here.
>>
>>703806
Oh, i forgot to give you a link to my commission info. If you are interesting just email me or add me to Skype.
>>
>>703859
I'm a totally hit you up sometime this week bro. Got another commission goin' right now and I like to do them one at a time so I don't get confused on who to pay.
>>
>>704001
Sounds good to me. Just to let you know, i get payed up front.

And, although i do draw a lot of skinny and or kind of muscular but honestly i would like to draw girls that have a closer body type to gianna michaels whom may be my goddess. And she can be chuncky at times and for some reason girls with her body type make my dick diamond. Also artists like frank frazetta that draws women not very skinny and he is one of my idols
>>
Anyone willing to do conjoined lolicon stories? If so, what is your rate per word? And finally what would be your email so I could get in touch?
>>
>>704487
Although, i do write, i dont really think im that good at it. I have been trying to get better at writing for the past 2 some odd years by doing rping and the like.

I am a much better artist then i am a writer so ill post this image i made of two characters from an rp im part of. You can read the rp if you like http://kingvego.deviantart.com/art/Behind-Closed-Doors-rp-work-in-progress-name-614269874
Not really sure my writing is is worth being payed for :/
>>
>>704512
I gotta say, your art is very nice. Do you have an example of your writing? I'm not really looking for a big piece right now for commissioning, maybe 1000-1500 words at most.
>>
File: batgob_cow_1.png (1 MB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
batgob_cow_1.png
1 MB, 2480x3508
Stylus for my tablet is fucked and I'm honestly a bit strapped for cash, so time to shill right? Since the tablet's out of commission I'll do some $3 mechanical pencil lewds 'til I can get some new equipment.

Don't have a gallery put together to showcase my work (was actually going to start on tumblr tonight when this happened), but pic related is an example, albeit unfinished and made with the airbrush tool in MS5.
>>
>>704543
Would probably help if I provided some means of contact. sin.cipher @ gmail, for those interested.
>>
>>704529
The link the posted before but here it is again.
http://kingvego.deviantart.com/art/Behind-Closed-Doors-rp-work-in-progress-name-614269874

And i have no problem with alot of writing since the rp that i am editing is close to 40 pages and more then 25000+ words and im not even close to finishing editing it and have not added the rest of it so it is probably much bigger.

And, to make this clear, when i rp, im know as a "bible poster", so my replys are long and wordy. So, my rp partner is only responsible for about 20-25% of what you will be reading.

Also, my writing my very well be shit since i dont have too much feedback or
critiques since not too many people read it :/
Also, i would have not clue what to charge you nor am i even sure my writing is worth charging for
>>
File: mimisparda copy.jpg (201 KB, 600x1017) Image search: [Google]
mimisparda copy.jpg
201 KB, 600x1017
Got this a back a week or so for $15.
I want to commission her again here soon.
>>
>>704656
Looks good. 15$ is a good price for that.
>>
>>704664
I would've gotten a couple piece done but funds were tight that week.
Idk what my next request will be.
>>
File: bliss_by_kingvego-d9n9fvy.jpg (197 KB, 1024x1500) Image search: [Google]
bliss_by_kingvego-d9n9fvy.jpg
197 KB, 1024x1500
>>704687
My sketches at done a bit differently then the artist you show but they do start at 15$
Ill post something that would be a 15$ sketch from me.

You can see the rest of my commission info here if you are interested.
>>
>>704719
I'll keep you in mind for sure.
Thank you for the info.
>>
>>704742
No problem.
>>
File: 1464435108936.png (311 KB, 511x400) Image search: [Google]
1464435108936.png
311 KB, 511x400
>>703242
tell us how to accept bitcoin then

and what to tell our commissioners about bitcoin
>>
>>703773
Exactly the same for me.
Often I go very overboard and spend like twice to three times longer than I ever should on a $15 pencil sketch!
>>
>>704913
Yes, it can get kind of ludicrous but that is the main reason why i work the way i do. It can be a pain if you cant get feedback quickly form the client since you have to wait and see what they say.

But, honestly, i have not had a big problem with any of my clients when it comes to redraws or redoes and the like. But, i think that is mostly due to me going out of my way to make sure that does not happen.
>>
>>704944
I do the same thing.
Got a bunch of commissions in the pipeline right now, each just waiting on the commissioners to get back to me on wips.
Prob for me is I draw anything, so with stuff that is 'obscene' according to my country's laws, I wanna be finished with them asap so I can delete files and destroy pencil sketches.
I'm always a bit paranoid about having stuff pending for ages.
>>
>>705049
who are you?
>>
>>705049
What country do you live in? I live in Canada and i can say that some of our laws are fucking dumb but im not sure the law here when it comes to doing more "taboo" artwork.
>>
>>705056
McDollArt.tumblr.com
No recent commissions up online though cos either haven't asked if I can post them, or they're not tumblr-safe.
I'll have some slots coming up soon, after this week's batch is all done.
>>
>>705096
What's obscene in your country's laws?
>>
>>705070
I'm in NZ.
Canada it's illegal to draw underage iirc, NZ is vague as fuck.
Basically they say it's illegal if it 'promotes or adds to' harm/social damage.
Kinda fucked cos if you draw a loli getting railed by a hundred orcs, but added a small disclaimer saying 'dont do this irl cos lolis are not for sexual use' then I suppose it's not promoting anything. It's all very vague!
>>
>>705049
>each just waiting on the commissioners to get back to me on wip
Oh you're the artist who I contacted about a comic page. Is that part of the next batch?
>>
>>705103
This really hurts my brain
>>
>>705107
Yeah, I've had some stuff to draw from the weekend that's waiting on approval.
I'll have the basic layout and whatnot for the comic done this week though, so should hopefully be all ready for you by the end of the week.
Sorry it's taken a few days now, usually I like to have something rough to show within a day or two.
>>
>>705120
Thanks for updating me. Don't apologise, it wasn't that long ago you contacted me - I'm just curious.
>>
>>704587
Well do you have an email? I would like to at least talk it over. Who knows, we may work out a deal if you are serious about being able to do it.
>>
>>705341
My email is [email protected] and my Skype is live:chris_bryer

Hope to hear back from you soon.
>>
File: tumblr_oa4cw1BWa21vv37jmo1_1280.jpg (147 KB, 1022x945) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oa4cw1BWa21vv37jmo1_1280.jpg
147 KB, 1022x945
>>700774
Well, lately I don't have commissions but for this one I'll would charge 25 dollars.
>>
>>705427
please go to /ic/ and read the sticky.
>>
>>705426
Sent you an email
>>
>>705574
got it and replied
>>
>>705427
kek, is that ranma and akane or nabiki?

>>705450
pls, it's about as good as other artfags on this very thread.

And everyone should read the sticky.
>>
File: IMG_20160712_133348.jpg (3 MB, 2242x2802) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160712_133348.jpg
3 MB, 2242x2802
Some /ss/ from gynoid herring I commed.
>>
File: IMG_20160711_043844.jpg (3 MB, 2241x2801) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160711_043844.jpg
3 MB, 2241x2801
>>
>>705792
the fuck am I looking at??
>>
>>705793
>>705792
POMO Art Masterpieces.
Should be blown up 20 ft high and hung up on a gallery so the intellectuals can justify and praise it with verbal diarrhea.
>>
>>705793
>>705792
what are they, some sort or insect scalies?
>>
>>705793
>>705792
i can tell your art is really good but i dont now what im looking at or what those things are
second pic is nice
>>
>>705814
>really good
...eh, it's not the worst I guess.

And he commissioned it not drew it.
>>
>>705814
>>705797
it looks like some anthro'd Pokemon or some ahit, maybe it's OC, presumably both parties knew what they are...
>>
>>705797
>>705799
>>705804
>>705814
They're robots. More specifically gynoids. All of em are owned by a shota master, so... yeah, what you see now. Him impregnating his gynoids.
>>
File: Commission Guidelines.png (711 KB, 1008x2520) Image search: [Google]
Commission Guidelines.png
711 KB, 1008x2520
hungry student here trying to flex their r34 skills
shoot me an email!
>>
>>705858
>will draw futa
>won't draw gay
lel
>>
>>705833
Are they OC?
Did you design it or did the artist from your description?
>>
>>705863
All character's are gynoidherrings OC's
>>
>>705862
>Watchman_futa-is-gay-comic.jpg
/v/idiot, pls.

>>705858
Question to artfags in general, isn't just listing what you'd ONLY do more efficient then enumerating an ever growing list of do's and don'ts?
>>
>>705862
People who pay for homosex porn, actual faggots and fujos actually hate futa & dickgirls with a passion.

Checkmate, atheists.
>>
File: tumblr_nn7kvlYmlg1rslow9o1_500.png (187 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn7kvlYmlg1rslow9o1_500.png
187 KB, 500x667
>>705867
>gynoid herring
He just color's them wierd, it's the same weeb catgirl/monster musume shit.
>>
>nobody ever does gay
Lame
>>
>>705881
>hetshit board has no fags
ikr?

Who do you want drawn?
>>
>>705871
Everything on the will do is preferred and won't do is not gonna happen. Stuff that isn't listed is up in the air. It's a simple concept. Stop being a weinee cause folks openly baulk at shit you like.
>>
>>705886
>>705881
Hetero master race runs this shit
>>
>>705881
I'll be gay for you senpai~
>>
>>705862
Keep in mind, when an artists says "won´t draw X" its not always that they are against it, it´s that maybe they suck at drawing it.
>>
>>705897
If he draws dicks I doubt he's bad at it. This is less "can't draw robots" cop out more "special kind of faggot".
>>
>>705906
Males are more than dicks buddy.
>>
>>705897
Unless you mean stuff like different animal species or mecha, nah.
If you can draw hetro porn, you can draw gay, and other fetish just as well.

Most artist are vanilla as fuck normie filth who are only dabbling in porn for cash, very few are true degenerates.
>>
>>705909
Males are actually more easy and fun to draw, females need more attention and delicacy.

In (hetro) porn 90% of attention is on the girl, guys are only needed for dick.
>>
File: 57864485_p0.jpg (93 KB, 716x960) Image search: [Google]
57864485_p0.jpg
93 KB, 716x960
>>705771
Nabik. It's nabiki.

By the way...
<I drawing yaoi, too.
>>
>>705909
Since when was it hard to draw dudes?
>>
>>705897
No bro, gayshit makes me sick, as does most /d/ tier fetishes.

I'm not going around bitching about it, I don't care what you fap to, but I ain't gonna draw that shit if I can help it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.