[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kiritsugu Did Nothing Wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Kiritsugu objectively did nothing wrong and applied utilitarianism to the best of his ability.
>>
>>141129813
Did you even watch the anime? In the end he literally killed the majority and couldn't save anyone except Shirou. He basically did everything wrong.
>>
>>141129813
The definition of utility is different for every person because they have different value systems, therefore the question "how to maximize utility" is answered differently by every person.

Kiri had a retarded value system because he neglected everything else in his life in favor of pursuing his obsession with helping others. He made stupid sacrifices because he placed one thing above all else His compulsion is unhealthy and he is probably unironically on the spectrum. Kiritsugu didn't live his life correctly.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 704x396
>>141129813
This guy did nothing wrong either
>>
>>141129813
>utilitarianism
>not objectively wrong
You Kant be serious.

You have to go back to reddit.
>>
>>141130112
Nice bait.
>>
>>141130112
Kant would have just done nothing like a bitch because any choice would result in the manipulation of human life.
Think that two train track example having to pull the switch to save one track.
Kant wouldn't have even touched the level.
>>
He was right and Archer was right. But they were both miserable so there you go.
>>
>>141130200
Kant would've smoked drugs so he could have an out of body experience so he could float outside his body like a ghost observing the trains and not doing anything while rejoicing at how neutral he is.
>>
>>141130200
>Kant wouldn't have even touched the level.
I know.
That's the right choice in that thought exercise.

>>141130144
>Anno Domini [CURRENT]
>not being a deontologist
>>
>>141130327
>thinking deontology and utilitarianism are mutually exclusive
You probably don't even have a complete moral framework ;^)
>>
>>141130443
Nothing in my post suggests I don't attempt to reconcile them in my normal life. It's a fair assumption, given the nature of this site's decorum and style, but inferring too much context from posts is folly.

>You probably don't even have a complete moral framework ;^)
>Implying I don't have first principles tattooed all over my body.
>>
>>141129813
The 4th war was rigged. Whatever he had done he would have ended up killing tons of innocents.
>>
>>141129813
He lived his whole edgelord life incorrectly.
>>
File: 1461768897407.jpg (188 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
1461768897407.jpg
188 KB, 1334x750
If he did nothing wrong then why is he a counter guardian haunted by his dead wife?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.