[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ALMOST A VAGAFUCKING YEAR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 11
File: 013 - Copy.png (82 KB, 395x422) Image search: [Google]
013 - Copy.png
82 KB, 395x422
After going through the most drawn out and tedious farm arch
>which was significantly less entertaining or character developing when compared to VS
we finally get on the road again and come closer to the destined duel between Mushashi and Kojiro, only fucking problem is that its almost been a year now since the last release. Most of /a/ is mildly conditioned for this shit between Berserk and Hunter X Hunter but still, what the fuck is going on?
>>
File: 008.png (200 KB, 472x517) Image search: [Google]
008.png
200 KB, 472x517
I want answers dammit.
>>
I dont understand you people, I never have.
Berserk, Vaabond, VS, etc.
Why do you pick up manga thats unfinished? I wish the author would just focus on one work at a time. then again it seems common to pull shit like this. Akagi will never end, Kaiji will never end and then Kurosawa ended and got continued.

I have just given up reading anything unfinished, why do you guys torment yourselves?
>>
>>140962255
>Why do you pick up manga thats unfinished?
Because it wasn't always like this, I started reading Berserk and Vagabond in 2010. At the time I wasn't reading as many manga and still had shounen like One Piece and Naruto to read in between modest breaks. Back then their had never been such intense hiatuses that distanced releases by five months or more, but to answer your question on
>Why do you pick up manga thats unfinished?
It's because they are among the best serialized releases available today; Berserk, Vagabond, Hunter X Hunter, and to a lesser extent manga like Zetman all have some of the best artwork available and storytelling that easily puts them in the top ten for many.

It's a bitch to wait for releases but what makes it worse is when you're left totally in the dark on release dates, at least with Berserk we know that the next release is June.
>>
>>140962567
You're investing yourself in a product that may never end. I am 100% certain Berserk will never end due to Idolshit.

I am also looking foreward to the pleb tears when GRRM dies without finishing his shitty series.
>>
>>140962567
>Berserk, Vagabond, Hunter X Hunter, and to a lesser extent manga like Zetman all have some of the best artwork available and storytelling that easily puts them in the top ten for many.
replace Hunter X Hunter with VS for the art work quality, even though VS has a pretty good track record for monthly releases.
>>
I miss Vagabond so much :(
>>
>>140961113
I stopped caring 2 years ago
>>
File: 018.png (238 KB, 297x576) Image search: [Google]
018.png
238 KB, 297x576
>>140962714
it has been a very long time. I will say I've enjoyed kojiros exploits as a guard in training to the shogunate but it's a far cry from the intensity of kojiro's childhood or when mushashi was wandering to different samurai schools fucking shit up.

>>140962790
farming and babysitting for 15+ chapters turn you off?
>>
>>140963060
there's no point keeping an eye out on artists who are clearly burnt out.
>>
File: 019.jpg (514 KB, 1652x1200) Image search: [Google]
019.jpg
514 KB, 1652x1200
bumping with intense moments
>>
File: 008.jpg (436 KB, 1600x1158) Image search: [Google]
008.jpg
436 KB, 1600x1158
>>140963120
did slam dunk fame fuck him up that much?
>>
File: 019.jpg (263 KB, 800x1177) Image search: [Google]
019.jpg
263 KB, 800x1177
>>
File: 011.jpg (262 KB, 800x1197) Image search: [Google]
011.jpg
262 KB, 800x1197
>>
File: 010.png (934 KB, 1705x1200) Image search: [Google]
010.png
934 KB, 1705x1200
it was a pain watching plot go from this
>>
>>140962255
maybe they picked it up a decade ago when it was having okay releases?
>>140964208
From something made up to something also made up?

Its a historical fiction, take it for what it is.
>>
>>140963339
No, Vagabond burnt him out. Inoue has consistently said that he has had to stop due to lack of inspiration and simply not feeling positively about the series.
>>
File: 002.png (2 MB, 1884x1596) Image search: [Google]
002.png
2 MB, 1884x1596
to this
>>140964320
got lazy getting the next pick, it's just a comparison to the epic cliffhangers of the yoshioka battle to tending a farm during the rainy season

>>140964351
I'd get burnt out as well if i spent all day drawing landscapes rather than rounin battles like I used to
>>
>>140964485
Farm progressed his character far more though

Either way, its made up stuff to make the novel an interesting read. Probably wouldn't come out too well if you had Musashi cut down a 12 year old kid and run away while being fired at by guns
>>
I just started reading it. It seems that I better stop before this becomes Berserk for me again. Still, I loved Kojiro's story. .
>>
File: 008 - Copy.png (57 KB, 304x326) Image search: [Google]
008 - Copy.png
57 KB, 304x326
>>140964530
>Farm progressed his character far more though
I disagree, by the time a year had passed from his first visit to the yoshioka city we saw Musashi fight with the monks, almost assassinate the leader of the yagyuu, and have a few life changing conversations with that one wondering monk that has served as a sort of guide for him. During those arks and travels we saw Musashi fundamental change, grow, and mature on a pretty intense level, especially when he came into contact with old masters. All the farm ark really did was give him a deeper perspective on what it was he wanted from life and how to do it. The change in his character wasn't all that dramatic, it was just a depressing maturing phase like all farm arks are.
>>
File: hkfbyzP1111.webm (39 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
hkfbyzP1111.webm
39 KB, 540x360
>>140961113
This is the last part of Vagabond my man, i saw a documentary about Inoue's work and he told the interviewer they were putting everything in place for the ending, at the moment of this Inoue was shown working on the dead of Matahachi's mom and a lot of stuff has happened since then.

I want the ending to be perfect so i don't mind him taking his time.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.