[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
punpun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: punpun.jpg (330 KB, 725x775) Image search: [Google]
punpun.jpg
330 KB, 725x775
What was the purpose of this?
Other than making me cry like a bitch
>>
>>140554139
to show you what happens when you take the pessimistic edgelord thing too far.
>>
To make you see that no matter what you do, when you grow up everything sucks and everyone's crazy
>>
>A guy with massive family issues and self worth problems who just needs a bedrock to anchor him
>A girl with severe mother issues and needs someone to save her from her life of torment

While the series has shown the two making promise to just get away from it all and the climax being punpun finally meeting her once again after both growing up apart from each other, they didn't realize they have grown up and their childhood fantasy was just that, a fantasy. They went for it anyways, followed by nightmarish results of two broken people trying to make an ideal fantasy life.
>>
To remind you that you're a fucking loser and you're going to lead a short but still miserable life that will probably end in suicide.
>>
>>140555230
I read it as two people that where meant for each other, the only hope the other had to be relatively happy and the loss for each other. It was a statement about how some people can't be happy with facing reality, and some people can't help but face reality.
It was a story about a guy who only wanted one thing and lost it, and then only wanted to be left alone and forgotten and wasn't.
I think it was also a statement about the corruption of society and how the most innocent characters who really only want to live are so lost and alone in the corruption that they are socially unable to operate.
I thought it was a great love story with a somber and a statement about how paradise is unreachable.
>>
>>140555230
And honestly had it not been for Aiko's mother, they likely would have had a good life. They had just the right amount of us vs them mentality to have at least been able to live contently, which is more than many can ask for.
>>
File: 009.png (394 KB, 1123x1600) Image search: [Google]
009.png
394 KB, 1123x1600
it hurts
>>
File: That's me.jpg (77 KB, 728x1085) Image search: [Google]
That's me.jpg
77 KB, 728x1085
To me it was a huge mirror. When I was reading it I was drowning in my own self-pittiness. I was like Punpun. No self-confidence, alienated from society, and I even had a Sachi too. After the manga I confessed to her but she didn't return my feelings. However I calmed down and accepted society. I don't know if it's a tragedy or not, I don't know if I made the correct choice. Probably not. Just like Punpun I try to heal and with healing I give up my previous self? Is it a happy ending or a tragedy?
>>
File: 1434253894458.jpg (86 KB, 661x321) Image search: [Google]
1434253894458.jpg
86 KB, 661x321
>>140555489
>meant for each other

Stop that meme. Aiko is nothing more than a broken person and a leech. Her death freed this faggot of Punpun once and for all
>>
>tfw your homo OTP is still ambiguously gay
best lovestory ever told
>>
>>140557365
I still don't understand why people paint Aiko as being in the wrong, when the entire problem is Punpun being hung up on some childhood dream which he blames for his own shortcomings.
>>
>>140558559
He's a cunt too, but Aiko is dangerous. She's contagious whereas Punpun at least contains himself a bit more
>>
>>140556450
FAGGOT
>>
>>140554139
It's a dark SoL, no more, no less. A more realistic story than all those shitty harem series with hot springs and festivals.
>>
File: 1459801333027.jpg (16 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1459801333027.jpg
16 KB, 225x225
>say you're the happiest you've ever been
>kill yourself moments later

bravo Aiko
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.