[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The scryed tag on jp twitter has exploded with something along
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: s-c_OR_QUAN_B_01T_WEB.jpg (91 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
s-c_OR_QUAN_B_01T_WEB.jpg
91 KB, 640x360
The scryed tag on jp twitter has exploded with something along the lines of "next summer month 16 episode". I don't want to get my hopes up, but I'm not even sure how I'd even feel about a second season of this show.
>>
>>140105117

We're not going to get another episode. Why would they when they're gunning for more FLCL shit?

Scryed ended. It's done.
>>
>>140105117
If we get more Scryed and more Kurogane announced on the same day, then something weird is going on.

>>140106511
>they
Are you implying Toonami has to be involved? Why would they?

Also, we got some new material for Alteration in 2011, so never give up hope.
>>
I actually just finished scryed and was gonna make a theard, but I will just post here.

Scryed is a typical 90's/00's anime with all of the shitty popular tropes of the time. We have an rivalry that makes 0 sense, enemies that just want "power", power scaling, love interests who are fucking useless, a huge cast of annoying and useless side characters, and episodes that are just plain boring.

The only reason this show is remembered at all is because kazuma is the mc instead of ryuho, straight couger, and the final episode being fucking perfect.

It makes me sad just how good this show could have been with some major and minor tweaks here and there. I still cant believe through all of that how well they pulled off the final episode.
>>
>>140108498
Yeah, I pretty much only remember liking Kazuma and Straight Cougar. This was a rare case of me enjoying the MC and actually hating almost every other character.
>>
>>140108498
That's because the final ep is the point of scryed.

The director pointed out that the purpose of scryed was to have a 70's era anime action hero fight a 90's era anime action hero.

The rest of the show is literally backstory to set up the fight.

Having said that I'm surprised to hear that you didn't understand why Kazuma and Ryuhou couldn't stand one another.
>>
File: image.jpg (236 KB, 724x999) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
236 KB, 724x999
>>140105117
No Straight Cougar. Why even watch?
>>
>>140108498
>rivalry that makes 0 sense
Are you one of those people who try to understand why The Rock can't stand John Cena?

>love interests who are fucking useless
That's the point of it duh, women are just burden in their eyes

>>140110233
He just took a nap I want to believe anon
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 640x640
>>140105117
I don't understand why people were so confused about who won the final battle? I was fairly certain Kazuma won. I came to this conclusion after the arm was lifted up at first with a flat hand which is Ryuhos style as he prefers to cut and have precise attacks which is just frankly his style I thought for a split second he won but shortly after it changes into a fist which is more Kazumas style as he is more brute force smash em up kind of style and the fist literally symbolizes him. I'm pretty sure that's what that was supposed to mean. Best girl btw.
>>
>>140110205
Wait, who was the 70s era and who was the 90s era?
>>
>>140105117
Alteration finally get subs?
>>
>>140110479
Kazuma is 70's, Ryuhou 90's.
>>
>>140110695
What? Wouldn't it be the other way around?
>>
>>140110233
>>140110298
He was alive in the movies
>>
>>140110717
No, definitely not, Kazuma is the hot blooded hero like Kouji kabuto from Mazinger. While Ryouhou embodied the conflicted and often angst ridden heroes of the 90's.
>>
>>140110412
So we call all agree Kazuma won and Sherice best girl?
>>
>>140105117
WEEBAFYING LASTO BULLETO
>>
>>140105117
Where the fuck would they go with it? It ended perfectly, which is a rare occurrence in anime. It irritates the hell out of me when they try to fuck up a great ending by tacking on a sequel.
>>
>>140110974
Maybe it could just take over from Kanamis point of view as an adult. She can join the new Holy and work to create a new city where alter users and the rich city people can live in peace. Of course their will be bad guys and crime to fight as well as plot twists. And and some point in the anime she's about to get killed and Kazuma and the gang comes to save they day and cougar comes back. Idk, something like that would be rad.
>>
>>140110830
There are plenty of both of those types from both eras though
>>
>>140105117
They are talking about episode 16. It must be airing somewhere on TV in Japan.
>>
File: Untitled.png (233 KB, 427x483) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
233 KB, 427x483
>>140110298
>He just took a nap
He looks alive in the epilogue
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.