[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished the World War II arc of the manga and I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: 1-bluemarble_west.jpg (579 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
1-bluemarble_west.jpg
579 KB, 2048x2048
Just finished the World War II arc of the manga and I don't think anything can top it. Before I keep going and start the Cold War arc, is there anything else I should watch and read. World War II arc has a ton of side stories like Desertfox Gaiden and the Battle of Britain that were alluded to in the manga but never explored fully. Also that whole Eastern Front and Pacific War business (I mean other than the nuke of course). Thoughts?
>>
Drop it, it's a big waste of time. Current arc is terrible, the main characters are NEET manchildren.
>>
>>140099204
Look for that chapter where the Americans tried to conquer an empty island abandoned by the Japanese. Also, look for some of those Italy side stories, those were hilarious.
>>
>>140099204
Cold War arc is fucking GOAT. Like sure it's a huge cocktease and we never get the nuclear holocaust but all the tension and intrigue makes up for it. Also has tons of mini-arcs caused by US-kun and USSR-kun fighting each other around the world. But of an asspull how USSR-kun became strong enough to threaten post WWII America-kun but the arc is good enough to look past it. It kind of ends in an anti-climax though. 90s arc is mediocre but if you're a warfag, there are tons of wars going on in the aftermath of USSR-kun's collapse that the post Cold War side stories pick up on. Series becomes trash after the 90s arc. The new villains are pretty trash tier but it seems that there are some shadowing guys pulling the strings in the shadows that are beginning to be revealed with the American 2016 Presidential Election arc. Not sure where the author is going with it though.
>>
>>140099514
>Presidential Election arc
God damn it I hate tournament arcs so much. I hate that the author made them a regular thing.
>>
I-I like the War on Terror arc.

>>140099292
>reading the main story
Read the side stories. Everyone knows they're the best.
>>
>>140099327
I don't understand why the World War II arc has so many light hearted comedic side stories but okay.
>>
File: 1438506599253.jpg (63 KB, 358x439) Image search: [Google]
1438506599253.jpg
63 KB, 358x439
>D Day will never get animated in your lifetime
>World War II arc will never receive a complete adaptation
Thanks for reminding me OP.
>>
>people keep claiming a WWIII arc is going to happen.
Give up already. The author is sick of it and would probably just involve everything blowing up: the end.
>>
fuck the way they killed off Hitler, honestly one of the best villains ever
>>
>>140099975
Then what the hell is the point of all these ridiculous and over the top weapons? Obviously the author is planning something. I these weapons are totally unrealistic and impossible yet everyone keeps making them. Supersonic jets that appear as bees on radar? Missiles that not only break the sound barrier, but also carry nukes, can strike anywhere in the world and 1000s of them exist. And you expect no WWIII arc? If you're right then this would be the most unrealistic shit series in history.
>>
>>140100083
Napoleon was better in my honest opinion.
>>
>>140100083

Just wait until you get to the upcoming Caliphate Expansion Arc
>>
>>140100397
Wew. I was wondering what the author did with those guys after the Ottomans collapsed. They had become so irrelevant that it was sad. Kind of like the Romans and Babylonians and Greeks and shit.
>>
>>140099204
Pacific Theater > European Theater desu.
>>
>>140100628
Weeb detected
>>
Claiming mai waifu
>>
File: 1454682645271.jpg (138 KB, 800x353) Image search: [Google]
1454682645271.jpg
138 KB, 800x353
>that 30 years war arc
>reminder that Martin was right
>>
>>140101233
OVA WHEN
V
A

W
H
E
N
>>
Honestly the whole crusades thing was one of my faves. The moral ambiguity, the social commentary on religion, and excessive gore made my fedora tip so hard.
>>
>>140101829
>when the Venetians got the crusaders to sack Constantinople
So unexpected, too bad the writer forgot about them
>>
File: emperor of mankind.jpg (50 KB, 717x450) Image search: [Google]
emperor of mankind.jpg
50 KB, 717x450
>make strongest and most entertaining character since Alexander
>constantly fuck him over with plot armor
I hate this stupid arc.
>>
>>140102247
No clue why the author would throw that guy in, but I gotta say it's made pretty interesting.
A martyr for his cause or a one-dimensional anti-hero?
>>
Why did the tech power levels go to shit, now its all utilitiarian shit that doesnt make sense.
>>
File: tudor henry-anne.jpg (140 KB, 471x500) Image search: [Google]
tudor henry-anne.jpg
140 KB, 471x500
Did anyone else self-insert into King Henry?
>tfw no qt Anne Boleyn waifu
>>
Why the fuck are all the French jobbers? The author keeps hyping them up but they always get their ass kicked.
>>
>>140102825
WOW A
F R E N C H
R
E
N
C
H
FAG
>>
>>140100152

Genghis Khan was the best

>I am the flail of God
>had you not sinned so greatly, he would not have set a punishment like me upon you

in b4 >hurr mongol arc was just the Hun arc again
>>
Yep, ww2 arc was one of the best. Something I really enjoy from it is all the silly (and badass) spy stories. I'm really upset we're in the middle of filler right now, and likely won't get out of it during this lifetime. The only thing decent now is the fanfic. And why aren't there any good Earth doujins? They're all done with 3DPD models, it's really gross.
>>
>>140103283

the author wrote himself into a corner with nuclear weapons and obviously can't figure out how to get out of it
>>
>>140103340
Why do you think he's relying on covert operations and proxy war so much? Those nuclear weapons are end game tier and if he ever uses them, it's going to be for the end of the series, which will probably be utter annihilation of everything.
>>
>>140100106
It's obvious by now this author is a cocktease. He's waiting to pull of a Kubo twist and show the NWO as the true villain and final boss.
>>
File: 1453189094906.jpg (101 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
1453189094906.jpg
101 KB, 640x426
>>140099204
The Keit-Ai arc introduces too many worlds and too many characters. People should remember that introducing the multiverse is what ruined DC.
>>
>>140103484

is this the fucking jews=villains fan theory again? we have a separate board for that now
>>
>>140099204
Man, if you loved Europa-chan so much don't read the most recent volumes. It's all NTR.
>>
>>140099204
Which manga is this?
>>
>>140103852
You can get it by going outside.
Oh wait.
>>
File: e0046200_46daa271dc98b.jpg (140 KB, 550x374) Image search: [Google]
e0046200_46daa271dc98b.jpg
140 KB, 550x374
>>140099204
You should read the volumes about the Eastern Front. It beats the Western Front in so many levels. It's undoubtedly the best arc there is. From Operation Barbarossa to the Fall of Berlin, you'll enjoy the intense story, political intrigue, and the combat. It's all drawn beautifully too.

Not even the Cold War arc beats the Eastern Front, in my opinion. The only other arc on the same level as the Eastern Front was the First World War, but you've already probably read that one.
>>
>>140100083
Hilter-kun did nothing wrong, nothing.
>>
I really enjoyed that 4-koma about NASA and moon landing
>>
>>140105625
Too bad its not canon.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.