[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Cowboy Bebop basically The Beatles of anime?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: CowboyBebopDVDBoxSet.jpg (41 KB, 342x465) Image search: [Google]
CowboyBebopDVDBoxSet.jpg
41 KB, 342x465
Is Cowboy Bebop basically The Beatles of anime?
>>
The fact that so many books still name melodic music “the greatest or most significant or most influential” type of sound ever only tells you how far music still is from becoming a serious art. Noise critics have long recognized that the greatest noise musicians of all times are Merzbow and Masonna, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Musique concrete critics rank the highly controversial Pierre Schaeffer over rock musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Music critics are still blinded by commercial success: melodic records sell more than anything else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Noise critics grow up listening to a lot of noise music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Musical critics are often totally ignorant of the pop music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think melodic music has produced worth of being saved.
>>
Tezuka is the beatles not sure what makes Watanabe

Imashi is Weird Al
>>
>>140087288
>rock musicians
You missed one.
>>
>>140087383
Watanabe is loved by those he panders to, and not really seen as much more than an ok director beyond that. I would accuse his work of being a little safe. Maybe he's more 90's metallica than anything else.
>>
>>140087288
Nice copy pasta, mama mia!
>>
In more exclusive and elite circles it's considered the Neon Genesis Evangelion of anime.
>>
I'm pretty sure something like Gundam or EVA would be the Beatles of anime.
>>
File: 1454952606961.png (78 KB, 258x204) Image search: [Google]
1454952606961.png
78 KB, 258x204
>>140087288
>>
File: ok, pleb.png (379 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
ok, pleb.png
379 KB, 431x450
>>140087288
>noise
>music
>>
wouldn't that be cyborg 009?
the first to really resemble it's medium, yet still not a completely evolved medium?
>>
K-on is the beatles of anime
>>
No, Beatles were praised worldwide. Only west like Bebop.
>>
>>140088400
>>
>>140088705
That would mean that Cowboy Bebop is the Elton John of anime.
>>
>>140088812
Spyke got shot
Lennon got shot

It's like poetry, it rhymes
>>
File: 1258.jpg (166 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1258.jpg
166 KB, 1920x1080
I mean it's a solid piece of work that is loved by the masses.

I don't know what else you can say about it.
>>
File: 1450923921164.jpg (232 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450923921164.jpg
232 KB, 1920x1080
>>140087256
Yes
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.