[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the manga always better than the show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: RcbxGck.jpg (203 KB, 1024x1161) Image search: [Google]
RcbxGck.jpg
203 KB, 1024x1161
Why is the manga always better than the show?
>>
>>139844455
Because the author is usually more involved with the manga's production than the show
Because the author often signs off on artistic liberties when his/her work gets picked up for a season
Because the manga is lovingly made by a Japanese author and his assistants, rather than in a soulless studio jam-packed full of Chinese or Vietnamese wage slaves
Because on average, chapter releases are like 15 pages a week or 30 pages a month, while anime episodes are more like 25 minutes a week, and a single anime episode can easily use up multiple chapters
>>
Because turning a 14 page comic into a 22 minute episode every single week is not a good idea.
>>
because the manga comes from the author''s mind
the show comes from his money
>>
>>139844455
One dedicated person in charge with his/her editors pulling some strings.

A team of underpayed, untalented animators with incompetent director who has no idea what the word adapt means in charge.

What's the one with the highest chance of fucking up?
>>
>>139844455
Same reason why the book is most of the time better than the movie
>>
>>139844668
Weekly manga have 18 pages, and usually 3 to 4 chapters are adapted in one episode, unless it's a long running animu.
Also the DBS anime isn't even an adaptation from the manga.
>>
More time and resources to delve into the nitty gritty details of each and every character and motivations

Meanwhile films and episodes have set time limits so they miss shit out
>>
Because I can play the better voice actor
>>
>>139844455

I disagree. Depends on the show. A lot of times fighting scenes are hard to follow in manga because its only black and white.

DBZ kai though was better than the manga.

Anime is better when there is no filler or censorship.
>>
>>139846335
English Majin Buu saga of Kai fucking when, English Kai is literally the best way of watching the series
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.