[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon Ball Super Tori-Toyo Interview (Book Version)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63
File: dbs_manga_vol1_shueisha.jpg (154 KB, 316x500) Image search: [Google]
dbs_manga_vol1_shueisha.jpg
154 KB, 316x500
>Now that Dragon Ball Super Volume 1 illustrated by Toyotarō-sensei is in stores, I wanted to interview the two of you. Thank you both for your time.

Toriyama:
Thank you.

Toyotarō:
Thank you, this is an honor!

>This manga mostly consists of the “Universe 6 Arc”. How did you come up with this story?

Toriyama:
With the “Battle of Gods Arc” and “Revival of ‘F’ Arc” it was one tense story after another, so this time I wanted to have something relatively simple and cheerful… That was what got the ball rolling. I figured I should change up the pace.

Toyotarō:
The “Universe 6 Arc” is Dragon Ball‘s first tournament in a long time!

Toriyama:
I had tournaments for a little bit at the very start and end of the “Majin Boo Arc”, but I pretty much left those hanging (laughs).

Toyotarō:
In that last one, Goku took off with Oob in the very first match. [Actually the second match]

Toriyama:
Yeah (laughs). Whenever I go re-read my own manga volumes to think up new story ideas, I’m always amazed at how much I’ve forgotten (laughs).

>Toyotarō-sensei, in your opinion what makes Toriyama-sensei‘s artwork so appealing?

Toyotarō:
I’m not sure I can put it into words, but, well… His characters are perfectly stylized, and his objects are very detailed. With a single image he paints a picture of an entire world… But words just can’t do it justice. There’s an indescribable sense of excitement that pulses through me whenever I read his work!
>>
File: Akira_Toriyama.jpg (20 KB, 220x353) Image search: [Google]
Akira_Toriyama.jpg
20 KB, 220x353
>You’ve loved Dragon Ball since you were a child, so how does it feel to be drawing it yourself now?

Toyotarō:
But I’m not! Not at all… The more I draw, the clearer the gap between me and Toriyama-sensei becomes (sweat).

Toriyama:
That’s not true! You might be the closest person to match my art style, even counting the animators.

Toyotarō:
No way!

Toriyama:
You’re really good at composition! It looks so cool; these days there’s no way I could draw such energetic artwork! Whenever I supervise anime and whatnot, there’s always something that bugs me and that I’ll ask to have fixed. But when I look at your storyboards, I can just take it easy. I can give it the OK in no time flat; it really makes things convenient (laughs).

Toyotarō:
Oh no… This whole time I was afraid of adding to your frustrations. Since the original story you give me is text, I constantly have your manga by my side as I draw. I don’t want readers to say it doesn’t feel like Dragon Ball… But at the same time, I also want to stretch my imagination and come up with brand new action and different kind of expressions.

Toriyama:
Just go wild! I won’t mind a bit (laughs).

>Toriyama-sensei, what advice do you have for Toyotarō-sensei?

Toriyama:
Frankly… I’m perfectly satisfied with things the way they’re going (laughs).

Toyotarō:
U-Um… Really? There’s nothing you think needs to be fixed or thrown out? Don’t hold back for my sake… (sweat).

Toriyama:
Hahahaha (loud laughter). Not really… (thinks about it a little bit). Nope, not a thing! Well OK… If I have to say something, then I guess your compositions would be even better if you utilized more diverse angles. Also, I think it would be great if you included more of your own original ideas. I’m really grateful to you. I never thought an artist like you would come along to draw the continuation of my story!
>>
Toyotaro sounds like he really likes working with Toriyama

Wonder how he's supposed to catch up to the anime though.
>>
File: 157931-trunks.jpg (66 KB, 576x771) Image search: [Google]
157931-trunks.jpg
66 KB, 576x771
Finally, could you tell us just a little bit about where the story of Dragon Ball Super is heading?

Toriyama:
I’ve got an idea for a story about the “future” of “a certain somebody”. And I’m thinking of combining that together with a new “universe”. It’ll be simple enough for kids to enjoy… hopefully (laughs).

Toyotarō:
“A certain somebody”…It’s someone I’m a huge fan of! I’m really looking forward to it!!
>>
Tori-Toyo Interview: (Web Version)
>Toyotarō-sensei, what aspect of Toriyama-sensei‘s pictures do you find difficult to draw?

Toyotarō:
Since at first glance Toriyama-sensei‘s pictures are so simple, back when it was running in Jump all us kids felt like we could draw them. But when you actually try, it turns out totally different. No matter what you do, you can’t draw a “real” Goku…

Toriyama:
I suppose that’s true. Heck, even when professional animators draw it, I sometimes feel like they get it wrong (laughs). My style is simple, but I guess that’s actually what makes it so tricky. Perhaps only I truly understand it.
In the “30th Anniversary Dragon Ball Super History Book”, various artists submitted their own Dragon Ball illustrations. Many of them noted how even though the style is so simple, it’s impossible to imitate.

Toriyama:
Well… Even I’m hopeless at imitating other people’s styles (laughs).

>And yet everyone still had a lot of fun drawing their illustrations.

Toriyama:
I’m glad to hear it! I’ll have to thank them if I ever get the chance. Speaking of reproducing my style, Toyotarō-san is amazing at it!

Toyotarō:
No no, not at all! Seriously… The more I draw, the more I realize the gap between us… (sweat).

Toriyama:
Don’t be so hard on yourself! You might actually be the closest to my style. There aren’t many people who can manage that! Well, maybe there are people who can imitate my pictures, but not many artists can pull off an entire chapter the way you can! Your storyboards are really tight!

>Speaking of the manga, I want to ask you two about how you put the manga together. I hear Toriyama-sensei checks the storyboards for each chapter.

Toriyama:
That’s right.

Toyotarō:
Since Chapter 1 I’ve used Toriyama-sensei‘s plot as a basis, but have been allowed to expand on it.

Toriyama:
It’s better that way.
>>
>Toyble forgot about Pan vs Mokekko

And this faggot is writing Dragon Ball
>>
>Back when Toriyama-sensei was drawing the manga, the animators would use his manga panels as reference, imitating the composition and things like that. And now it seems that the animators are likewise using Toyotarō-sensei‘s manga as reference.

Toriyama:
Oh, that’s good! That should keep them on track!

Toyotarō:
Really?… I still can’t believe I lucked into this job (sweat).

>Toyotarō-sensei, do you have any questions about the manga for Toriyama-sensei?

Toyotarō:
My question’s so trivial I’m kind of ashamed, but… why does Super Saiyan Blue have blue hair?

Toriyama:
In Battle of Gods it was red, so I figured for Revival of “F” I should go with blue. That’s all (laughs). Well, actually I was thinking about having it be white, but then it would color-clash with the “next enemy”… so I figured I should save it for another occasion (laughs).

Toyotarō:
… I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama:
Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.

Toyotarō:
Ever since Battle of Gods, Beerus and Whis have become central figures.

Toriyama:
If it hadn’t been for those two, making any more story after that would have been a nightmare. There wouldn’t have been anything to expand upon. That’s why I’m so glad to have them around. And their voices are good, too! Those voice artists are so talented!

Toyotarō:
Beerus is voiced by Kōichi Yamadera, and Whis is voiced by Masakazu Morita.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (93 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
93 KB, 1920x1080
>I hear that in early drafts of the script for Battle of Gods, Beerus was a more stereotypical God of Destruction, an extremely evil and frightening character. [In Yūsuke Watanabe’s original Battle of Gods script draft (as detailed in an interview with DVD & Blu=ray Vision Magazine), Beerus was a lizard that was responsible for infecting the Saiyans with evil.]

Toriyama:
Yeah, in the early version he did all kinds of bad stuff.

Toyotarō:
But ultimately he changed into being someone who’s still scary, but not actually hateful. More in keeping with the spirit of Dragon Ball, one might say.

Toriyama:
Yeah, thanks to those two the world has expanded out to include other universes. I’m really grateful to the screenwriter who came up with the whole “God of Destruction” idea.

>Could you talk just a bit about where the plot is going to go in future?

Toyotarō:
I’ve read the plot for the new story, and I’m really happy a certain future-related character is going to be involved. I’m a huge fan!

Toriyama:
That’s a pretty popular character! Hopefully the kids will be happy.

>Speaking of children, I’m sure when Toyotarō-sensei was a child he avidly read Toriyama-sensei‘s manga right as it came out. Is any part a particular favorite of yours?

Toyotarō:
I really like the very start of the Majin Boo arc, when Gohan is attending Orange Star High School. I guess because it was so laid back.

Toriyama:
Yeah! I really liked that part too… (laughs)

Toyotarō:
Had you already come up with Majin Boo when you were drawing that part?

Toriyama:
… Nope (laughs). I’m pretty sure I just kept on drawing without a clue Majin Boo was going to turn up. I enjoyed working on that part, but eventually I figured it was time to come up with a new enemy… Even though I would have liked to just go on with the “slice of life” stuff… (laughs)
>>
>>139701295
If I were Toyotaro I would have asked why Gohan didn't have sparks around him when he fought Dabura.
>>
File: GohanAtHighSchool.jpg (30 KB, 353x435) Image search: [Google]
GohanAtHighSchool.jpg
30 KB, 353x435
(Everyone laughs)
Toyotarō:
Peace is good, too (laughs). I really liked the laid-back outlook of your Savings Warrior Cashman manga that ran in V-Jump, and other things from that period.

>But while the children back then enjoyed the “slice of life” material, they still wanted battles… (laughs)

Toriyama:
They sure did (laughs).

Toyotarō:
While enjoying the everyday stuff, they’re waiting for the battles to come (laughs).
At the time Son Gohan was turning into the main character, wasn’t he?

Toriyama:
Yeah! I figured Goku was getting old, and it was time to switch over to the next generation.

Toyotarō:
That’s what Goku himself said in the Majin Boo arc.

Toriyama:
But drawing Gohan’s daily life made me gradually realize he likes studying more than fighting (laughs). Later on he even lost his dōgi (laughs).

Toyotarō:
Now he’s fulfilled his childhood dream and become a fine scholar.

>So far Dragon Ball Super has followed Toriyama-sensei‘s plot, but I think it might be interesting for Toyotarō-sensei to become more involved with the story-writing process from here on out!
Toriyama:
Good idea!! I bet it’ll make it more interesting to include Toyotarō-sensei‘s original ideas.

Toyotarō:
T-That’s so much pressure… (sweat). But I think it’ll be really cool to help Dragon Ball someday reach its final chapter.

Toriyama:
Oh, that’s good! People will go “Wow, Toriyama-sensei planned it all out from the beginning!” and I’ll look really cool (laughs).

On a personal note, I'm a big fan of the Great Saiyaman stuff too
>>
>>139701362
>it's actually future pan
>>
>>139701444
Gohanfags BTFO

im so glad that we can have future trunks again
>>
File: CfXTA46UEAAUD3r.jpg (61 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CfXTA46UEAAUD3r.jpg
61 KB, 600x450
38 - The martial arts tournament between Universe 6 and Universe 7 with Earth on the line. Vegeta's last opponent is Hit, the strongest man of Universe 6. Vegeta, watching Hit's eerily calm demeanor, is quite sure he's strong. Hit is an assassin proud to have the greatest skill of Universe 6.

Version 1:

"The counterattack of the developed "Tokitobashi" (Time Skipping?)!?
Will it appear!? Goku's new technique!"

Vegeta challenges Hit using Super Saiyajin Blue but Hit's technique, "Tokitobashi", deals a barrage of hits in his vital points and makes him faint. Son Goku is able to guess how Hit's "Tokitobashi" works and thus, while in Super Saiyajin Blue state, he also challenges Hit.
>>
File: CfXTBheVIAEQD_s.jpg (66 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CfXTBheVIAEQD_s.jpg
66 KB, 600x450
ACTUAL SPOILERS: DO NOT READ AT OWN RISK

Version 2:

"The growing Hit, Goku at his peak" (Provisional)

Hit can skip time but only for 0.1 seconds. Estimating past those 0.1 seconds, Goku defeated the "Tokitobashi". But, Hit continues to grow (stronger?) while in battle. So, Goku breaks the seal of the Kaiouken and shoots a Kamehame Ha!

40 "Conclusion" (Provisional) - The martial arts tournament againts Universe 6 that wages on Earth has finally come to a close. In an outburst of anger, Champa wants to destroy his defeated contestants. Cabba and the others are frozen in fear. At that time, the one who appeared on the ring is...
>>
>>139701561
>it's actually future pan
I severely and highly doubt that
>>
>>139701958
>>139702005
BASED
A
S
E
D
If Goku can do this it means he's way ahead of Vegeta.
>>
>>139702005
kaioken
The what?
>>
>>139702005
>So, Goku breaks the seal of the Kaiouken
>Gouk breaks the seal of the Kaiouken

Oohhhhhhhhh maaaaaaaan
>>
>>139702005
kaioken
was about time
we haven't seen this since namek
>>
>>139702005
Seal of the KaiOuKen.
Asspull.
So now he is going to surpass Vegeta, again.
>>
>>139703207
I don't see how it is.

If he uses it for only like a few seconds it shouldn't be too taxing
>>
>>139703207
They were training for 3 years. Wouldn't he have taught Vegeta how to use it.
>>
>>139703484
It was said that SS could not use KaiouKen.
Anyway, what seal?

>>139703517
I don't think he did.
>>
>>139703575
>It was said that SS could not use KaiouKen.
What?
>>
>>139703575
It was? When

>Anyway, what seal?
I think they're being dramatic because it has not been used in literally over a decade
>>
K A I O K E N
A
I
O
K
E
N
>>
>>139701024
>Whenever I go re-read my own manga volumes to think up new story ideas, I’m always amazed at how much I’ve forgotten
I wish we could burry any idea of canon making things good, even Toriyame doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>139703612
>>139703616

I might misremember.
If I am wrong I am sorry, still I feel like that was said.

>I think they're being dramatic because it has not been used in literally over a decade

I still don't get how it can surpass Blue.
>>
>>139701295
>Well, actually I was thinking about having it be white, but then it would color-clash with the “next enemy
BASED BABY IS COMING BACK
>>
>>139701958
I guess this means that the next ep might be entirely Pssshhhh vs Veggie?
>>
>>139703746
>If I am wrong I am sorry, still I feel like that was said.
It's one of those things that is constantly repeated across the fandom but isn't actually true
>>
>>139703746
Probably Blue getting augmented by a Kaioken to surprise Hit, giving Goku a speed boost or something.
>>
>>139703746
He is using SSB + Kaioken. It's Super Kaioken Blue!
>>
File: You keep using that word.jpg (78 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
You keep using that word.jpg
78 KB, 625x625
>>139703207
>Asspull
Retard pls
>>
>>139703818
Red + Blue = Purple.

SSJP coming soon.
>>
File: tumblr_nkq4ph2eBn1u7p5n1o3_1280.jpg (120 KB, 960x678) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkq4ph2eBn1u7p5n1o3_1280.jpg
120 KB, 960x678
Fun fact: If the timing is right, the U6 tournament will be the same length as the Baba tournament
>>
In Japan, are the Saiyans called Saiyanjins or just Saiyans?
>>
>>139703575
nobody ever said this
ssj was better in every way so he stopped using it
>>
>>139703961
Super Saiyajin.
>>
>>139702005
>Hit can skip time but only for 0.1 seconds. Estimating past those 0.1 seconds
KING CRIMSON
>>
>>139703633

Kaio wha-
>>
>>139703961
It's Saiya-jin

Saiya is vegetable (Yasai) backwards
>>
>>139703961
-jin basically means person from [place] so Americans are Americajin.

Saiyan is just a natural translation of that
>>
>>139704034
Oh fuck me
>>
>>139704037
>>139704034
Thanks.
>>
>>139704060
Wait, you seriously didn't get that?

Damn man, look up all the other word puns in Dragon Ball. There's like a bajillion of them. You know Magetta is a combination of "Mazinger" and "Getter [robo]" right?
>>
>>139704166
I was a filthy dubfag because of muh nostalgia until DBS began so I kinda overlooked stuff like that.
>>
So it's pretty much confirmed that Gohan will get more focus soon, right?
>>
>>139704272
s-sure, anon.
>>
>>139704272

>>139701444
>Toyotarō:
>While enjoying the everyday stuff, they’re waiting for the battles to come (laughs).
>At the time Son Gohan was turning into the main character, wasn’t he?
>Toriyama:
>Yeah! I figured Goku was getting old, and it was time to switch over to the next generation.
>Toyotarō:
>That’s what Goku himself said in the Majin Boo arc.
>Toriyama:
>But drawing Gohan’s daily life made me gradually realize he likes studying more than fighting (laughs). Later on he even lost his dōgi (laughs).
>Toyotarō:
>Now he’s fulfilled his childhood dream and become a fine scholar.

>Now he’s fulfilled his childhood dream and become a fine scholar.
>>
>>139704272
Yeah sure anon.

Sure he is
>>
>>139701295

>Next enemy

Freeza from RoF or someone not yet revealed?
>>
>>139702005
What is it with anime villains and time-manipulation powers? They're everywhere.
>>
>>139704614
probably the guy who will appear after the tournament.
>>
File: kingcrimson4.jpg (172 KB, 452x700) Image search: [Google]
kingcrimson4.jpg
172 KB, 452x700
>>139701958
>>139702005
>timeskippimg
>>
>>139704698
pss nothing personel kid
*stops time and moves behind you*
>>
>>139704698
Araki said that he always felt that the ultimate power was to control time, hence why DIO, Kira, Diavolo, and Pucci all have time powers.
>>
>>139704758
>Hit can skip time
>His head has what looks like the head of a penis on it.
>He has a head on his head

Confirmed King Crimson
>>
>>139702005

MONAKA STEPS INTO THE RING AND DESTROYS CHAMPA
>>
>>139704698
Hit is not a villain.
>>
>>139704968
Not in the context of the story maybe but isn't he a literal assassin?
>>
Really I'm just glad to hear Toriyama has plans for after the tournament
>>
>no monaka fight

also kai of time will appear because of hit disturbing time or some shit
>>
>>139704886
goku confirmed for beating king crimson
>>
>>139705007
It's just a job.
>>
>>139702005
>Looks like I have to use "that"
>>
>>139705098

Nah Monaka will step into the ring and use poker face to scare Champa.
>>
>>139705098
It's quite obvious he is the one who will fight Champa.
>>
>>139702005

Is it possible that this is fake again?
>>
>>139703752

BEBIIIIIIIIIIIII
>>
>>139705464
TV listings often come out like this and are usually correct.

It's a lot of effort to fake for little reason.
>>
>>139704758
Hit just works.
>>
>>139703752
vados would be more plausible
she is shady as fuck
>>
>>139705661
You mean sexy as fuck
>>
>>139705671
that too
>>
>>139705464
Bro, those are TV listing
>>
Isn't Monaka just Beerus's version of Hero?
>http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Hero
>>
>>139705762
Hard to tell. They're playing him as some sort of joke to cover for the fact that Beerus is tsun as fuck about Goku possibly being his biggest challenge ever, but there's still a lingering doubt that he is infact legit.

Shit, maybe the twist is that he actually beat Beerus but it was when he was younger and weaker.
>>
>>139703207
>So now he is going to surpass Vegeta, again.
For the few seconds Kaioken is active.
>>
>>139704801
Ringo and DIEGO, too.
>>
>>139706100
And Joshuu
>>
>>139706179
Huh? No.
>>
>>139706214
Just you wait Anon ;^)
>>
>>139701024
>I’m always amazed at how much I’ve forgotten (laughs)

Oh geez
>>
File: tumblr_mdi6vglHZs1qmrsrlo1_500.png (190 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdi6vglHZs1qmrsrlo1_500.png
190 KB, 500x500
>>139702005
>Kaio-Ken
>>
>>139701362
>Toyotarō:
>Had you already come up with Majin Boo when you were drawing that part?

>Toriyama:
>… Nope (laughs). I’m pretty sure I just kept on drawing without a clue Majin Boo was going to turn up. I enjoyed working on that part, but eventually I figured it was time to come up with a new enemy… Even though I would have liked to just go on with the “slice of life” stuff… (laughs)

I love reading these interviews where Toriyama admits he didn't really think about this stuff in advance, it just happened. It makes things look so much more sensible in retrospect
>>
>>139704391
So Toriyama forgot the part where it was ChiChi pushing the scholar shit on him for much of his life.

Doesn't surprise me. He's forgotten bigger things.
>>
>>139706707
Probably why the Gohan slice of life was so good. He was doing what he wanted so he enjoyed doing it and the quality went up for it
>>
>>139706836
>So Toriyama forgot the part where it was ChiChi pushing the scholar shit on him for much of his life.
Bullshit. Gohan wanted it himself and never liked to fight.
>>
>>139706836
>forgetting one Gohan's first appearances on a chapter cover isn't about how he wanted to become a scholar
Is that you Toriyama?
>>
File: Dragon Ball - V17C242 - Page 11.png (420 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball - V17C242 - Page 11.png
420 KB, 1024x1536
>>139706895
Take a step back for a moment and look at ChiChi. You don't see her often in the manga, especially Saiyan-Namek-Cell era, but when you do, she's usually doing stuff like this.

Now remember that she has years of uninterrupted influence on Gohan.
>>
>>139706836
Gohan has wanted to be a scholar ever since he was a kid, which is why he cried when Piccolo kidnapped him to fight during the Saiyan Arc.

Not to mention Gohan doing basically no training whatsoever after Cell died.
>>
every fucking thread
>gohan wanted to be a scholar
>no he didn't it was chichi
>gohan never liked fighting
>>
>>139707184
>Gohanfags don't even understand the character they're bitching about
>>
>>139707275
yeah but they really should stop beating that dead horse
its been discussed to the ground already
>>
>>139706836
>>139707039

Okay so let's pretend that Gohan didn't want to be a scholar since literally the first chapter we saw him. Even if we pretend Chi-Chi was "indoctrinating" him his whole life, how does that change the fact that even as a grown adult, he still went to school and became a scholar with a wife and kids? I mean Gohan is a grown-ass man and after Goku died against Cell, Chi-Chi let up and even let Goten train with her, so certainly by that point any sense of "indoctrination" is gone.

My point is, when he's an adult he could literally do anything he wanted including train. But he decided to have a wife and kids instead. The only way you could think that he is still suffering some kind of being forced to do this is if you pretend Gohan is as dumb as Goku and can only focus on one thing
>>
>>139707039
>>139706836
Gohan being torn between making his mom happy and making his dad proud would have been a better way to portray his character, but it might be too late now.
>>
File: 1456276326_maxresdefault[1].jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456276326_maxresdefault[1].jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
>>139701137
>he thinks it'd be about alternate universe trunks

nigga you stupid?
>>
>>139707459
That goes right back to how she raised him. With her logic being "studying is more important than the Earth surviving," Gohan has to completely give up fighting so she screams less and studying becomes the top thing that matters to him. He doesn't even make time to visit Piccolo.
>>
>>139707666
Actually I think it would be Time Patrol Trunks
>>
>>139707554
It was too late over 20 years ago
>>
>>139707554
didn't Gohan say he wanted to be a scholar on the very first chapter of the Z saga before Raditz showed up?
>>
>>139707707
>He doesn't even make time to visit Piccolo.
Because he does it for him

>>139707734
He'll just say Chi-Chi brainwashed him
>>
>>139707719
>the shitty trunks version
pls no
>>
>>139701561

I would be very ok with it.
>>
>>139707734
He can want both, can't he?
>>
File: Dragon Ball - V14C02 - Page 08.jpg (372 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball - V14C02 - Page 08.jpg
372 KB, 1024x1536
>>139707734
Nope. First, Goku explains ChiChi doesn't allow arts at all and makes him study.

Gohan doesn't say anything about wanting to be a scholar until after Goku's dead, and Piccolo's telling him he's going to learn how to fight.
>>
File: SuperKaio-Ken.gif (1021 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
SuperKaio-Ken.gif
1021 KB, 500x283
>Super Kaioken
>SUPER KAIOKEN BLUE
Yes
YES
YES!
>>
>>139707719
its like you didnt even watch ep37
>>
>>139707971
What does that have to do wtih anything?
>>
>>139702005
I like it, characters are so fast that they can do a lot in 0.1 of stop time, but, Seal of the Kaioken... what? Are we going to see buffed Goku?
>>
>>139707886
He does.
>>
>>139707886
>>139707886
at 17:50 he says he wants to become a "great scholar"
If you can find me a japanese version of the chapter (which is hard to find) I'll gladly translate it to see what it initially said.
>>
>>139707886
>
Gohan doesn't say anything about wanting to be a scholar until after Goku's dead, and Piccolo's telling him he's going to learn how to fight.

Next page is literally Bulma asking "Hey Gohan how old are you" and "What do you wanna do when you grow up?".
>>
>>139708018
But not until after Piccolo's telling him his dad's dead and he's going to learn how to fight.

Books sound pretty good to anyone at that point.
>>
>>139708091
forgot link to episode 1
http://gogoanime.io/dragon-ball-kai-episode-1
>>
>Interview with Toris and spoilers
>Gohanfags make it about themselves again
>>
>>139708177
considering the interview talked about Gohan and his passions and his future, even going so far to say their favourite chapters were his "slice of life" chapters, it's warranted to have some discussion about him.
>>
>B-but Chi-Chi forced him into being a scholar
Then Piccolo forced him into being a fighter
>>
>>139708308
Oh wow, one part of the interview and it was talking about how Toriyama and Toyotaro were fans of the Great Saiyaman arc of the story. Such discussion.
>>
File: 035.jpg (225 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
035.jpg
225 KB, 1024x1536
>>139708091
You mean this page?
>>
>>139708410
lol says right there he wants to be a great scholar.
>>
File: 027.jpg (292 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
027.jpg
292 KB, 1024x1536
>>139708133
Here's that scene
>>
daily reminder that gohan will never be relevant anymore no matter what you say gohanfags
>>
>>139702005
>time skip

Huh? What does that mean, 'skip time for .1 seconds'? You mean like stop time? How do you measure out .1 seconds while time is stopped?

Is it like that Futurama episode where time was skipping forward by hours or days at a time? If so, how does this help in a fight, the events still happen just no one knows how/what exactly transpired
>>
>>139708482
nothing in that page, mind linking the next page?
If all fails at least he mentioned it on the chapter cover.
>>
>>139708526
fancy way of saying *teleports behind you*
>>
File: 028.jpg (281 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
028.jpg
281 KB, 1024x1536
>>139708575
Nah, he doesn't say it here either.
>>
>>139708526
by being very fast
>>
>>139708593
Pshh nothing personnel kid.
>>
>>139708315

Colored manga where?
>>
>>139708633
hmm I guess they baked in the chapter cover's line into that conversation.
>>
Hit moves 0.1 seconds faster than time itself. Best believe it.
>>
File: MENACING.jpg (103 KB, 688x960) Image search: [Google]
MENACING.jpg
103 KB, 688x960
>>139708526
IT

JUST

WORKS
>>
File: 174.jpg (306 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
174.jpg
306 KB, 1024x1536
>>139708315
I guess I'll post this one while I'm at it
>>
>>139708593
>teleports behind ou

Oh. that's kind of underwhelming, Goku's had Instant Transmission for decades.

>>139708634
What confuses me is what exactly does 'time skipping' entail. If it does follow futurama logic this should give him an edge in a fight, it doesn't prevent opponents from fighting during the time-skip
>>
>>139708526
>>139708742
you can see 0.1s in the future and prepare for it
>>
File: 1456717672517.jpg (91 KB, 616x350) Image search: [Google]
1456717672517.jpg
91 KB, 616x350
>>139701024
>>139701444
>Toriyama:Yeah (laughs). Whenever I go re-read my own manga volumes to think up new story ideas, I’m always amazed at how much I’ve forgotten (laughs).
>Toriyama: Oh, that’s good! People will go “Wow, Toriyama-sensei planned it all out from the beginning!” and I’ll look really cool (laughs).

based Toriyama not givin' a fug
>>
File: futuretrunks.jpg (10 KB, 186x271) Image search: [Google]
futuretrunks.jpg
10 KB, 186x271
>>139701137
>I’ve got an idea for a story about the “future” of “a certain somebody”. And I’m thinking of combining that together with a new “universe”. It’ll be simple enough for kids to enjoy… hopefully (laughs).
>>
>>139707039
>I don't care about the earth, I only care about your future.
Is this women retarded?
>>
>>139708886
>not cell
>>
>>139708922
>woman
>retarded

pick both
>>
What if the future-related character is Taino?
>>
>>139708977
dubs of truth
>>
>>139708526
Never read JoJo, your brain couldn't handle it.
>>
>>139708922
Not even bulma is this retarded
>>
>>139709009
Hello, UraRenge2005.
>>
File: King Crimson.png (952 KB, 1712x1244) Image search: [Google]
King Crimson.png
952 KB, 1712x1244
>>139708526
I could see how it worked well in JoJo, since Diavolo had 10 seconds of timeskipping to work with.

0.1 seems entirely useless.
>>
>>139708922
Chichi is acts stupid but that's because she represents a protective mother figure that is raw emotion and passion not logical thinking.
>>
>>139702005
>Goku defeats Hit with Kamehame Ha
Wow what a surprise.
>>
>>139709347
DB characters are fast plus I'm sure he's experienced with the technique. It's useless to you only because it's wasted on a normal person.
>>
>>139702005
>No Monaka fighting
0/10
>>
>>139709325
Man, I wish I was that good at drawing.

I'd flood the world with Taino lewds.
>>
>>139709461
I actually know the guy. I just figured you were him because no one else spams Taino like he does.
>>
Kaioken is red
Super saiyan is blue
Soo....Goku's gonna give us a super saiyan god PURPLE!!
>>
>>139708976
The animators are too lazy to bring him back.
>>
>>139709515
I didn't know there was anyone else who even remembers her.

What a man. I'd love him tenderly.
>>
File: 1450124619152.png (275 KB, 583x332) Image search: [Google]
1450124619152.png
275 KB, 583x332
>>
>>139708000
I guess the Kaioken seal is the limit King Kai told him not to go past? I dunno; he already passed that on Namek with Kaioken x10 and x20.

Maybe it's Kaioken x50?
>>
>>139709678
what the fuck?
>>
File: Vados.jpg (134 KB, 877x1200) Image search: [Google]
Vados.jpg
134 KB, 877x1200
>>139705671
>>
>>139709678
Will this guy ever be relevant again?
>>
>>139709849
Who?
>>
>>139709347
>0.1 seems entirely useless.
DB characters are FTL
>>
>>139701362
>Toyotarō:
>I really like the very start of the Majin Boo arc, when Gohan is attending Orange Star High School. I guess because it was so laid back.
>Toriyama:
>Yeah! I really liked that part too… (laughs)
>Toyotarō:
>Had you already come up with Majin Boo when you were drawing that part?
>Toriyama:
>… Nope (laughs). I’m pretty sure I just kept on drawing without a clue Majin Boo was going to turn up. I enjoyed working on that part, but eventually I figured it was time to come up with a new enemy… Even though I would have liked to just go on with the “slice of life” stuff… (laughs)

This makes perfect sense and I think it was something everyone already knew just from the tone in the manga, Toriyama again confirms he enjoys more doing silly SoL stuff than pure fighting.
And I agree those chapters were probably my favorite ones too.
>>
>>139709849
He will be in the future
>>
>>139709453
I bet Monoka is gonna be the one who steps in the ring and saves them from Champa. If not him, then Beerus or Whis.
Beerus will probably get tired of his shit, or Whis will just feel sorry for them.
>>
>>139702005

Wow so now the power-ups fuse together?
SSJBlue is SSJGod with SSJ
Now we have SSJBlue with kaioken
Next thing is something with Oozaru?
>>
>>139709945
The little bitch Gohan
>>
>>139709849
As a punching bag for the next villain, maybe.
>>
>>139709967
he lost an arm and died like a bitch to a piece of junk in that future
>>
>>139710116
Again, I ask: Who? Sounds disappointing.
>>
>>139710097
We can only wish anon.
>>
God this fanbase is filled with shitheads
>>
File: EoZGohan.jpg (22 KB, 126x250) Image search: [Google]
EoZGohan.jpg
22 KB, 126x250
>>139710116
Considering Toyotaro and Toriyama confirms they want to tie it all in and incorporate the Epilogue of Z into Super, he will get jacked again.
Compared to Trunks and Goten who have slacked off Gohan is in great shape.
>>
File: 1459842703138.gif (601 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1459842703138.gif
601 KB, 500x281
>>139710097
What if.. We had a golden, SSJ oozaru.. That turns Goku into an oozaru Super Sayian?
>>
>>139710137
What's your point? That timeline means nothing, in ours he defeated Cell.
>>
File: 1427317652353.jpg (348 KB, 645x952) Image search: [Google]
1427317652353.jpg
348 KB, 645x952
I want to fuck Vados.
>>
>>139710322
>cell
weakest z villain now
he also became a little bitch who barely can go ssj
gohan a shit
>>
>>139710456
>weakest Z villain now

Raditz.
>>
>>139710456
resorting to shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>139710645
who?
>>
>>139710456
The robbers that Gohan fought on the way to school
>>
>>139710157
Saiyan Yamcha
>>
>>139710456
>weakest z villain now
Isn't cell suppose to be the strongest since he has both saiyan and frieza dna inside him.
>>
Sorta hype for Future Trunks. We don't know what happened to him after all these years. Hope they don't fuck it up.
>>
>>139711315

He has the potential to be the strongest, but he's the technical weakest.
>>
>>
>>139711659
I hope he was able to revive the 16 from his world, if only so we can have a T-800/John Conner relationship.
>>
>>139712098
Damn, even weaker than Raditz?
>>
File: HE_S_BACK.jpg (207 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
HE_S_BACK.jpg
207 KB, 1680x1050
>>139701444
TRIPS FOR GOHAN

Anyways, this doesn't disprove Gohan being the "certain someone" character that has a future in Super. They're just stating things we already knew.

Gohan is the only character to have the kind of development to be brought back into relevance. His training, not being at the tournament and getting his ass kicked for three episodes couldn't have been for nothing.
>>
>>139712767
I think people are looking too deeply and taking it to literally when they said a "character related to the future"
That means more immediate attention to current Gohan moving onto EoZ, and hopefully after that making young Trunks on a path to be cool like Future Trunks.
>>
>>139712907
I meant to say "for me that means I'd like to see Gohan and current Trunks get development.
>>
>>139712907
>"and I’m really happy a certain future-related character is going to be involved."

The wording of the translation (and also the original wording according to the translator himself) suggest very strongly that they're talking about a character from a "future" as in a future time period, not just "future" as in the upcoming chapters of the series.
>>
Animefags BTFO

>>139701094
>Toyotarō:
>But I’m not! Not at all… The more I draw, the clearer the gap between me and Toriyama-sensei becomes (sweat).

>Toriyama:
>That’s not true! You might be the closest person to match my art style, even counting the animators.

>>139701197
>Speaking of the manga, I want to ask you two about how you put the manga together. I hear Toriyama-sensei checks the storyboards for each chapter.

>Toriyama:
>That’s right.

>Toyotarō:
>Since Chapter 1 I’ve used Toriyama-sensei‘s plot as a basis, but have been allowed to expand on it.

>Toriyama:
>It’s better that way.

>>139701295
>Back when Toriyama-sensei was drawing the manga, the animators would use his manga panels as reference, imitating the composition and things like that. And now it seems that the animators are likewise using Toyotarō-sensei‘s manga as reference.

>Toriyama:
>Oh, that’s good! That should keep them on track!
>>
>>139713309
i read it in japanese, it could easily be the future of the franchise.
>>
When will a revived Future Gohan fuse will Normal Gohan?
>>
File: 1457230490746.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1457230490746.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>139711659
>We don't know what happened to him after all these years.
>>
>>139714353
We're talking about Super's canon not spinoffs.
>>
>>139711659
I like Future Trunks but I have mix feelings about him returning. I don't want him to get ruined in this new series like other characters.
>>
>>139714488

>implying Supreme Kawaii of Time isn't going to appear in Super with her slave saiyan
>>
>>139714353
XV isn't canon
>>
>>139714693
i hope not
timepatrol trunks is shit
even worse than gt trunks
>>
File: trunks.jpg (188 KB, 477x496) Image search: [Google]
trunks.jpg
188 KB, 477x496
>>139714353
>>139714693
>>139714747

I don't know what that shit is and I think I don't want to know.
>>
>>139714848
Xenoverse
>>
>>139714848

>not wanting a verse where Trunks gets free loli kai pussy
>>
>>139715066
>"free"
>>
>>139715066
>implying he gets any
>>
>>139714848

Trunks got "detained" by the "Time patrol" because Time travelling is against the universe rules and, as a payback, he now works with them as a Time Patroller.

He's more badass than what that gif shown. It was the 1st scene made purposelly to make Trunks feel akward.
>>
>>139715066
he wageslaves for it

it's not a fair ending for such migthy warrior and adventurer.
>>
>>139711659
Shin Budokia 2 always made me wonder how he handled Babidi in his timeline
>>
>>139709678
thanks
>>
>>139709347
Dragon ball characters are fast as fuck thought.
They can do much more on 0.1 seconds than Diavolo on 10.
>>
>>139716262
Question, how does babidi charges his thing to ress majin in trunks timeline?
>>
>>139716262
Babadi came when he was a kid
>>
>>139713311
and thats bad because?
Is good news that they are basing the anime into the manga and we also know which guy is going to further develop the series after toriyama decides to take a vacation to the otherworld
Poor Nano Oishii or whatever is the name of the chick who did that bardock spinoff
>>
>>139715066
>Every night, Kai of Time asks Trunks to wear a saiyan armor and a Bardock wig before having sex
>>
File: 1459214575933.webm (541 KB, 506x458) Image search: [Google]
1459214575933.webm
541 KB, 506x458
GOKUWINSLOL
>>
>>139717271
>Expecting doc or the prince of jobbers to win

You're a retard, anon
>>
>>139702005
>Super Saiyan Kaioken

They literally did this on the Otherworld Tournament filler. The only difference is that now he has God Ki.
>>
>>139711659
future trunks should have become the protagonists.trying to get back to his original time-line whilst helping those in need on alternate universes.
>>
>>139717369
I was hoping to see Goku forfeit because he's interested in Monaka.
>>
>>139717536
>40 "Conclusion" (Provisional) - The martial arts tournament againts Universe 6 that wages on Earth has finally come to a close. In an outburst of anger, Champa wants to destroy his defeated contestants. Cabba and the others are frozen in fear. At that time, the one who appeared on the ring is...

Just wait
>>
>>139717369
>the prince of jobbers
Vegetable is not a jobber
>>
>>139714488
Toriyama came up with the time patrol concept for Dragonball Online. Really, if Trunks gets involved with the main story again, he likely will be reusing that concept, otherwise his return to the present likely will be very random.
>>
When do they fuck
>>
>>139717536
Monaka can still do something. The arc isn't over yet
>>
>>139717701
I know he had to whip up a story for that game, that doesn't make it any less of a spin off.
>>
>>139717738
Monaka isn't strong I thought that was made obvious
>>
>>139717764
Sure, but considering how the idea came from Toriyama, and it's a perfect excuse to involve Trunks in the present again, I don't see why you're dismissing the possibility of him using it in the main series itself.
>>
>>139717600
I think it's gonna be Vados to set her up as the next villain.
>>
>>139717859
you implied as if it was canon, which it isn't. It is pure speculation if they incorporate his story from that game universe. I didn't dismiss the "possibility" at all, I'm just being real and separating canon from non canon.
>>
>>139717859
It doesn't fit the manga. You probably don't remember this, but three years after Trunks killed the Androids his time machine gathered enough energy for a return trip and he killed Cell. Then he presumably went back in time to tell the main universe people that he was successful. This doesn't make sense if during that three year timeskip he went on crazy adventures where he met everyone again.
>>
>>139710097
except super saiyan blue is super saiyan utilizing the god ki technique, it has nothing to do with super saiyan god. they are seperate
>>
Both knock each other out the ring and Monaka wins by default (nipples hercule)
just watch
>>
>>139718542
you just contradicted yourself. To go blue you need to have awaken a spark of God essence within yourself. Whether that's by ritual or by being in the god essence infused room of spirit and time like Vegeta. Either way saying it has "nothing" to do with SSG is false.
>>
>>139711659
Earth was destroyed and he fled. The 7th universe is just 20 years ahead.
>>
>>139718770
no, to go blue you have to prevent your ki from leaking while in a super saiyan state. super saiyan god has nothing to do with super saiyan blue, they are completely seperate and one is not needed for the other. their was no contradiction. try again.

also, to clarify further for your puny mind, goku recieved a power boost to his base power. it was god ki basically transformed into normal ki, meaning it was like a boost to his mana without the god ki technique, its not god ki.

vegeta has always had a large amount of ki, whiz even says he has a lot of it and that he doesnt know how to control it so he'll never get further. the knowing how to control it, foreshadowing to the god ki technique. this time, the boost was not a power boost but a technique, which results in a power boost.
>>
>>139718770
>god essence infused room of spirit and time
Nice headcanon senpai
>>
>>139719134
no idea where he's getting at there, in their sparring before that room they showed a spark of blue and the anime + manga say its a technique of stopping your ki from leaking.
>>
>>139719134
they were surrounded in god ki or something, maybe not god ki. but the only way to move was by using the god ki technique of stopping your ki from leaking, so maybe it was a suction room that sucks your ki out?
>>
>>139719134
did you even watch the anime?
>>
>>139719299
you didnt, because look here
>>139719261
it couldve been a ki vacuum to teach them to stop their ki from leaking. it wasn't a room of spirit and time, it seems to of had a 1:1 time ratio, although i dont remember.
>>
>>139719406
>it seems to of had a 1:1 time ratio, although i dont remember.
you're wrong and you don't know shit.
>>
>>139719448
then provide the proof that it has dilated time affect. otherwise, by default, time is a 1:1 ratio. you look like a fool until you provide your evidence
>>
>>139719531
http://gogoanime.io/dragon-ball-super-episode-22
Episode 22, timestamp: 15:18
This is where they not only directly state it's filled with God Ki, but it is exactly the same as the the Hyperbolic time chamber and that's why they have to escape before they starve to death .
>>
>>139719715
doesnt change the fact that the god ki technique is preventing your ki from leaking
>>
File: god ki.jpg (148 KB, 1279x718) Image search: [Google]
god ki.jpg
148 KB, 1279x718
>>139719715
so your strawman about the time ratio and god ki infused chamber was right, but the same time stamp proved the original, only important argument correct.
your loss
>>
>>139718638
>episode 38
>screenplay: Yoshitaka Toshio
>storyboard, episode director: Hatano Kouhei
>animation director: Tate Naoki
>episode 39
>screenplay: King Ryuu
>storyboard, episode director: Nakamura Ryouta
>animation director: Kitano Yukihiro

Oh boy, can't wait for episode 38.
>>
>>139712342
this is like the best (only) animated scene in super
>>
>>139719928
looks like you didnt watched episode 12 m8
>>
>>139719767
Just admit you're the one making shit up you idiot. There is no "god ki technique" matter of fact it's barely even explained how Vegeta becomes Blue.
What you're completely disregarding is Goku's direct quotation which refers to SSGSS as a Super Saiyan that has attain god essence.
>>139719885
this picture proves absolutely nothing because you're taking it out of context. Him needing to control his Ki from leaking inside that staff has nothing to do with anything.
You needing to take a quote out of context just to justify your headcanon "god technique" just goes to show how much of an imposer you are.
>>
>>139714353
he is slowly getting the gt personnality
>>
>>139719984
explained right here
>>139719885
vegeta literaly explains how it works... and the first time they transform they concentrate and stop their aura from leaking
>>
>>139719984
him needing to stop his ki from leaking is the training whiz just made them do, so they could use god ki. meaning, by use of simple deduction, that picture explains the god ki technique. sorry you're probably one of the broly retards/dragon ball youtube comment people pls leave
>>
>>139720043
All Vegeta did was explain he needs to control his ki from leaking. That doesn't prove anything.
Explain to me how this has "nothing to do with Super Saiyan God" when clearly they state that the room is infused with god essence, something the ritual sparked within Goku.
Goku outright explains it to Frieza in the next episode, there's literally nothing to debate over.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.