[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Anno do it the absolute madman?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 75
File: Evangelion-3.0.png (387 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Evangelion-3.0.png
387 KB, 630x420
Why did Anno do it the absolute madman?
>>
He wanted to destroy what he hated the most.

He once tried and failed with EoE, but the fans stilll ate it up and it became even more popular.

Anno was devastated by this and so he decided that he had to trick them by remaking the whole series and so creating new hype and buildup.

But this time he altered the story so drastically and put red herrings everywhere to destroy any kind of sense that eva had at the beginning of the series.

Eva 3.0 is just a giant fuck you to the source material and whole fandom, raising so many new questions that will never be answered and so breaking the lore forever.

You can expect 3.0 + 1.0 to be a 2 hour compilation of Annos middle finger.
>>
File: rei2smug.jpg (87 KB, 410x416) Image search: [Google]
rei2smug.jpg
87 KB, 410x416
>>133062273
What you must understand, is that Anno was never really that great to begin with. The only reedeming quality this man had was that he was a ruthless dictator in the office, and therefore pushed everyone beyond their limits. He himself never had any talent for writing or animating, and only barely any understanding of what the demographic wanted.

When he started making money and becoming famous for "his" works it went to his head, and he thought he could do it himself. This is why everything is so shit lately, because it's Anno's work and not his mistreated henchmen.
>>
>>133062527
and people will still lap it up
>>
Because its just setup for 3.0 + 1.0 to reveal 3.0 was a timeline where Kaworu failed to stop Shinji at the end of 2.0 while confirming the timeloop theory.

The movie is entirely throw away because by the end of the next it'll be like it never happened, and 4.0 will be the real conclusion to Rebuild.
>>
The final movie will probably have nothing to do with any of the other 3.

It will probably start in a world without evas where the children are just normal pupils going to school while shinji plays with robot toys and has gaysex with kaworu

Gendo will force his son to become straight and fuck rei, his half sister and so create a whole family mess
>>
In the end of Final it wil be revealed that it was all a dream.
>>
So what if 3.0 + 1.0 actually only fills the gap between the last two films so that 3.0 ends up being the final film?
>>
No questions will be answered that's for sure
>>
>>133062803
Truly the Japanese George Lucas.
>>
I have no idea where rebuild is going. The whole thing feel directionless.
I assume Anno just did it for the money.
>>
1 - His own otaku Insecurity
2 - Money
3 - Ease

Number two there because Evangelion means money. Throw some designs with no strings attached out there, bam, it's selling greatly already.

That brings us to number three, ease. A large portion if not the majority of the fanbase only needs to be pandered to with shallow characters and promises of eternal escapism, and that will guarantee a loyal following.

But what sort of escapism? The escapism the director wants for himself of course. If you think it's any coincidence that Anno's favorite characters get the longest straw and the ones he dislikes the most gets the shortest, think again. To make up for his own otaku insecurity, changes to Evangelion are thusly made and we have number one accounted for.

The product is currrent state Evangelion, the "post-Q" Evangelion that has no story or purpose besides selling and popularizing the anime characters the writers like the most.
>>
>>133066057
It's got a direction but it's a direction that's so bad it'd be better if it truly was directionless. Most bad scenes, story developments or any poor element in Rebuild is a deliberate decision.

It's simple to figure out if you just put your mind to it, if you had written Rebuild 3.0, why would you have written it this way? What would be your end goal?

Or simpler, what can we say are the objective results by the end of 3.0, what does it establish in a way that's impossible to contradict, and why wouldn't this be Anno's goal?
>>
>>133067751
Anno's goal is to make Kaworu into the new MC.
>>
File: 1429234518670.png (368 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1429234518670.png
368 KB, 640x480
Newfriend to Evangelion.

I understand the original, its troubled development history, and the creator's interviews (as well as admissions from the staff). I started with reboot/remake series and after 3.0 it killed all interest in the series.

No way can Anno undo this clusterfuck. I think the series is dead at 3.0, isn't this similar to how fans felt with the last episodes (before the original movie was made)?
>>
>>133068012
>Anno's Goal
You mean Gendo's plan
>>
File: 50757034.jpg (291 KB, 863x470) Image search: [Google]
50757034.jpg
291 KB, 863x470
>>133068012
>>
File: 087.jpg (388 KB, 900x791) Image search: [Google]
087.jpg
388 KB, 900x791
>>133062273
Because making otaku mad is funny.
>>
>>133068031
>I think the series is dead at 3.0, isn't this similar to how fans felt with the last episodes (before the original movie was made)?
Nope. The original Evangelion went through 26 episodes and two movies over the course of nearly three years. That's roughly 11 hours of content give or take, doing the math in my head. That also concluded the story and went into depth with the characters. That's what made the thing popular and work in the first place.

Over the course of nearly five years, Rebuild stands at five hours of content. Total time with no conclusion in sight is now eight years.
Nearly a decade, meaning Rebuild has been Evangelion for almost half it's existence.

Rebuild will never have the character or story quality it deserved to have or could have had. But Anno can very easily undo the clusterfuck he's created. It'd be so simple for anyone with any insight into Evangelion and it's fanbase to do.

However, that will never happen because the clusterfuck you've observed is Anno's end goal, if anything, he will reinforce the current clusterfuck and the trends he's created..
>>
>>133063903
We worship anno. I know he would want us to hate him, but we won't give him that pleasure.
>>
>>133068123
Nip otaku seem more ambivalent to disinterested at this point beyond buying catsuka figures and fujoshit are happy.
>>
>>133068123
>>133068388
That's because Rebuild is an extremely otaku-pleasing series, pleasing fujoshi and asuka fans in particular.

The normies and the rest are BTFO.
>>
File: 1445967739781.jpg (440 KB, 607x850) Image search: [Google]
1445967739781.jpg
440 KB, 607x850
>>133062273
The real question here is: Will he do it again?

Studio: Gainax
Director: Hideaki Anno
Writer: Hideaki Anno
OST Composer: Hideaki Anno

A watermelon falls in love with a truck.

Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with a image hash. Never minding the strange thread, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the truck he called is not the same truck he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the truck's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the watermelon's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most smug kaworu and asuka shitposts in order to equip the other with the QUALITY coding they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, TUMBLING ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the MASTER ANNO.
>>
>>133068453
0/10
>>
File: best truck.png (65 KB, 177x252) Image search: [Google]
best truck.png
65 KB, 177x252
>>133068453
I remember that thread
>>
>>133068388
>>133068439
>The normies and the rest are BTFO.
Except Evangelion is normie as fuck. Even now, dozens of clothing lines are being released; even fucking childrens clothes and regular Japanese families are buying them like crazy.
The otaku are the only one shut out, forced to remain shitposting on 2ch.
>>
>>133068453
I made that pic. I regret it already.
>>
>>133062527
If only that was true and it isn't a blatantly otakupandering masturbation fest for Asukafags and Kaworufags.
>>
>>133068582
How are otaku shut out when they are getting pandered to a shitton? In the same franchise making clothes lines they are making figurines for them. And fujoshi aren't any different to them except female and into 2d boys fucking instead of 2d girls fucking a self insert.
>>
>>133068582
Buying anime clothes or anime-inspired isn't normie fare. For most lines it's fujoshi bait, where it's directly advertised as Kawoshin clothes.

Certain /a/ fujoshi or fudanshi pretend it's different to protect themselves from their own ugliness, but regular Joes and Kate's are the ones actually shut out, in addition to the rest of the otaku.
>>
>>133068734
>>133068760

Don't bother. It's a retarded Kaworufag. He/She/It actually thinks they're some sort of protected non-otaku group that it's impossible to pander to.
>>
>>133068760
>For most lines it's fujoshi bait, where it's directly advertised as Kawoshin clothes.
And how is this not normie? Reminder that these fujoshi are your typical Japanese schoolgirl surrounding by friends that you'll see walking down the street.
>>
File: 1420841719619.png (335 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1420841719619.png
335 KB, 500x500
>>133068760
It's okay when fujoshi do it, anon.
>>
>>133068809
Typical japanese schoolgirls aren't fujoshi any more than typical japanese schoolboys are otaku.
>>
File: eva_033_08.jpg (93 KB, 690x537) Image search: [Google]
eva_033_08.jpg
93 KB, 690x537
>>133068803
>>133068734
>>133068760
>niggas not realizing how normalfag Eva is in Japan
The public episode 1 airing for the BD release in busy cities in Kanagawa prefecture was normie-central. Nips with their girlfriends, families, and children went to go see it.
The Eva store is right in the center of Tokyo, where any typical nip will go to get cool merch.
Go to Hakone, the tourist town below Mt. Fuji where the elderly and foreigners go, and Evangelion vending machines and stores will be right there.
Go to your nearest convenience store like Lawson, Eva merchandise right there at the counter.
It's normalfag as fuck, you niggas don't know what you're talking about.

>>133068836
A typical Japanese boy will carry around an Asuka clearfile to school and a typical Japanese girl may have a Kaworu keychain on her schoolbag.
>>
>>133068809
Ah, I see. >>133068803
You're hopelessely self-deluded.

Let me tell you something, Kaworufags, fujoshi etc... are a major spending force that are just a subset of otaku. Fujoshi doesn't mean "female otaku", it's a sub-grouping of otaku for females that specifically enjoy yaoi content. But having said that, a fujoshi is also by necessity a female otaku. For males there in the same category there is "fudanshi" I believe. You'll find otaku walking down the streets and regular people into EVA as well.

The same characteristics insofar spending willingness as well as obsessiveness applies, only with arguably lighter requirements for quality and a more direct focus on simplicity.
>>
>>133068961
Are you that insane Kaworufag that stalks people?
>>
File: gay toddlers.jpg (86 KB, 506x506) Image search: [Google]
gay toddlers.jpg
86 KB, 506x506
>>133068971
There's a clothing line specifically marketing towards children with Kaworu and Shinji as the basis.
Therefore, who is the advertisement aimed for? Obviously, mothers looking for clothes for their children.
As normal as it would be for a mother to buy Spongebob clothes for her son, a nip mother would buy this for her children.

>>133069006
No, but I know who you're talking about.
>>
>>133068961
Are you illiterate? My post said nothing about that. You claimed otaku are "shut out" when that is clearly not the case. Fujoshi are otaku and get pandered to. 3.33 kept all the girls young and marketable(and single) and also introduced a new one outta fucking nowhere to be an imouto character they can make figures of.
>>
File: 53.jpg (22 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
53.jpg
22 KB, 600x450
>>133068971
Likewise, fujoshi are much more normal than you think.
This Kawoshin advertisement was displayed at a fucking sports stadium for the whole world to see.
It's normalfag as fuck, and you need to get over it.

>>133069073
>Fujoshi are otaku
Since when?

Take a look at the stores and the merch, this isn't stuff that an otaku would wear anon:
http://www.evastore.jp/pc/
>>
>>133068961
You're getting concepts confused. Evangelion is Evangelion, and Rebuild is Rebuild, particularly 3.0.

FYI the discussion earlier concerned itself mostly about the reaction/audience for 3.0, and for that the normie, serious or random moviegoer is left out as they don't have anything to really do with the movie unless they have an otaku interest in it. The plotlines and characters are non-existent, there is nothing for them there. That means they're "BTFO".

Otaku, male or female have children or boyfriends, you're operating with words you don't quite understand.

Moreover you're not understanding that one store in Japan's otaku neighborhoods don't really serve the entirey of Japan, a nation of a hundred million and more inhabitants.

You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>133069035
Mothers who are - fujoshi. Similarly there are also male otaku who also fathers.

The point is, it's not exactly normalfag fare, it's got the pandering for it.

Kawoshin is inherently a fujoshi matter.
>>
>>133069103
>fujoshi don't count as otaku
>otaku don't wear anime merch
Christ
>>
File: 57.jpg (78 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
57.jpg
78 KB, 600x800
>>133069125
>Evangelion is Evangelion, and Rebuild is Rebuild
And all this merchandise and advertising is after 3.0, using characters from Rebuild.
Likewise, nips don't differentiate the two. Why would they?

>Otaku, male or female have children or boyfriends, you're operating with words you don't quite understand.
Actually, this is you.
Otaku does not have the same connotation it has in the west, Otaku in Japan does not mean schoolgirls or people with families or children.

>>133069163
>>133069165
I see you're a westerner.
No, that's not what Otaku means.

You don't just put this shit in a busy intersection for little preschoolers to pass by and see and call it only for otaku. It just doesn't work, and shows your ignorance plenty.
Go to Japan sometime and see for yourself.
>>
>>133069103
>Likewise, fujoshi are much more normal than you think.
Not really. Targeted advertising pales in comparison to e.g nation-wide televisions broadcasts, where Kaworu (the central part of kawoshin) is completely absent.

I recommend you stop doing damage control for your own "grouping", if you will. You're not making any headway and it's not going to work, you don't really make any points.

You also seem to completely misunderstand what an otaku or a fujoshi is, a fujoshi is a female otaku interested in fictional male homosexual relations. It's a shallow guilty pleasure, for others a complete perversion all depending.

The main point however, is that 3.0 and Rebuild in general has tuned up the fujoshi-pandering and therefore, logically also the otaku pandering. Hence this grouping rather than a normalfag (hint: not an otaku, fujoshi or otherwise) are completely left out and so are any other viewer interested in it for more than moe.

Unless you have the time and autism to involve yourself for days at an end adoring and fanwanking an anime, 3.0 or Rebuild is not for you.
>>
>>133068031
>I started with reboot/remake series and after 3.0 it killed all interest in the series

So you haven't actually watched NGE?
>>
>>133069275
>No, that's not what Otaku means.
Nice source there Kaworufag.

>You don't just put this shit in a busy intersection for little preschoolers to pass by and see and call it only for otaku
You do - that in particular is an advertisement for pachinko, basically low-key japanese brainless gambling slot machines.

It is fujoshi pandering.
>>
>>133069275
>>133069331
At this point I think it's best to let the thread die because that fujo is clearly insane.
>>
>>133069275
>And all this merchandise and advertising is after 3.0, using characters from Rebuild.
Which is the point, and the details of both Rebuild and the merchandising also reveals it's nature and relationship with it's fans, which is heavily targeted towards fujoshi and anime otaku.

>Actually, this is you.
>Otaku does not have the same connotation it has in the west, Otaku in Japan does not mean schoolgirls or people with families or children.
It definitely does, even if it is used as a negative remark. The original 'otaku' were indeed family fathers and mothers, heading down to Akihibara to buy "home goods", i.e luxurious electronics and gadgets for the house.

Otaku, a word which translations relates to "home", is therefore a word used to describe such luxurious homely activities that don't require anything but spending money and worship.

It's clear how that relates to anime otaku, who in place of electronics purchase anime goods and merchandise. Moreover the element of obsessiveness and mania is important, because you have fiction otaku, train otaku, military otaku, and even insect otaku, people who obsess over what is essentially, a luxury or a hobby.

These are family fathers and wives even today, and also disillusioned youth both otaku and fujoshi.

For Kaworufags and Kawoshin, and 3.0, the relation is obvious. Massive pandering in the movie to the point where it ruined the movie for any normalfag, and an aggressive marketing campaign to capitalize on fujoshi.
>>
File: 39407367.jpg (110 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
39407367.jpg
110 KB, 1024x768
>>133069300
>actually tries to handwave Kawoshin at a gigantic sports stadium as 'non-normalfag'
Alrighty.

Thanks for making a fool of yourself once again.

>>133069331
>>133069448
Hey man, I showed you the pictures.
No need to samefag and try to divert topics because you've somehow realized you don't know what you're talking about.
I honestly urge you to visit Japan sometime, it's a wonderful country, and of course, Evangelion is everywhere no matter where you go.
I'd show you more pictures I took if you're interested.
>>
>>133069552
Bringing advertising to the masses does not imply that it's "normalfag" material. It's just advertising that despite how much you ignore it, prove exactly what anons including myself have been saying all this time:

Targeted advertising towards fujoshi through kawoshin. Not through storytelling, production of quality works, but through merchandising and pandering.

Also I'm not >>133069448
You clearly are both paranoid and insane.
>>
File: 1385196554351.png (1 MB, 1022x691) Image search: [Google]
1385196554351.png
1 MB, 1022x691
>>133069538
>Otaku, a word which translations relates to "home"
And before I go I just want to point out that this is actually incorrect.
お宅, being the word for home uses the お as an honorific whereas オタク is just one entire word written in kana.
オタク originates to referring to people with obsessive interests who do not want to leave their house. Of course, the meaning has changed overtime to specify Anime; but the origins are there. And then of course hikikomori / NEET replaced the whole not leaving house aspect.

I suggest next time you try to enter this kind of topic, you first do your research, or at least try to go to Japan once. That should tell you more than enough.
I recommend Kanagawa ken, but even in the more inaka areas you can find plenty of Eva as well; which really seals the deal on how normalfag it is. Even today.
>>
>>133069552
That's another Pachinko image.

Nobody is saying they aren't advertising Kawoshin, but you aren't making the logical or rational connections here.
Said advertising is promoted and allowed by Khara, and they are seasoned marketers going for a specific group.

Said group are fujoshi, who are by definition not normalfags like the regular moviegoer pointed out earlier, much less a generic anime fan. You aren't understanding that most moviegoers or television audiences have very, very little tolerance for the kind of nonsense that Kawoshin is, in particular 3.0 even if we ignore those elements.

There is no story, there aren't any conclusions, nor anything of importance besides the basic elements to make for a yaoi-tinted picture. The bare basics only, for the otaku (fujoshi) to construct for themselves.

I make it here a fact that normalfags do not have the patience, the desire nor even the inclination to passionately follow such a franchise for so many years.

Those "normalfag" viewers is why 3.0 is the worst rated piece of Evangelion media, because they watched it and were insulted. The otaku, the fujoshi, they kept going because they are the only one so abnormal as to watch a movie several times despite the movie not delivering.
>>
>>133069767
>kaworufag tries to bluff:

Actually, Otaku is derived from a Japanese term for another person's house or family (お宅, otaku).
>>
>>133069636
You wouldn't see such advertisements as a sports stadium or as the basis for an infamous children's clothing line.

Only because Evangelion is as normalfag as it is can this be a thing. It's an exception.
Likewise, fujoshi are never regarded on the same level as otaku; it just doesn't work.
You see girls in highschool who attend these Kawoshin circle events, just regular kids who like the idea of two cute boys together.
Otaku have more obscene interests and can usually be pointed out by their lack of friends and their ugly or fat looks; they tend to reject hygiene as well. But I'm sure you know all about that taking a gander at yourself.
There's quite a difference, and one is certainly more normalfag and acceptable than the other.

You go to twitter, vine, or facebook: you see them. You don't see otaku.
>>
>>133069767

No, お宅 is definitely the same word as just オタク, it's just a different way of expressing phonetics.

>相手を敬ってその家・家庭をいう語。おうち。 「明日-に伺います」
>俗に,特定の分野・物事を好み,関連品または関連情報の収集を積極的に行う人。狭義には,アニメーション・テレビ-ゲーム・アイドルなどのような,やや虚構性の高い世界観を好む人をさす。 「漫画-」 〔 は多く「オタク」と書き,代名詞としてこの語を使う人が多いことからの命名という。1980年代中ごろから使われる語〕
>>
what is happening ITT
>>
>>133069767
Nothing you've said is at odds at what I've claimed, though. You're even clearly being misleading concerning the wording. Are you just pretending not to be BTFO before you cower away with your tail between your legs? Pathetic.

I suggest the next time you write anything relating to Evangelion, or even express your opinion, you leave your rampant Kaworufaggotry in the trash, where it belongs along with Kaworu.

I recommend you grow up, start taking reality for what it is and accept that Kaworu is despite the amount of pandering, screentime he gets, is still as shallow a character as he was when he only had a couple of minutes on the screen.
>>
File: 1382454147086.jpg (60 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1382454147086.jpg
60 KB, 600x800
>>133069879
How is that any different from what I said?
You could even go so far as to refer to your husband or company with the same term.
敬語 is a bitch.

>>133069925
Absolutely not, you would never use katakana when you mean お宅. The spellings are not interchangable.
And you do realize that moon confirms my point, right?

>>133069945
Neckbeards getting mad that the Kaworufag is right again.
>>
>>133070068
>The spellings are not interchangable.

Yes they are, they're on the same dictionary entry.

https://kotobank.jp/word/%E5%BE%A1%E5%AE%85-452808#E3.83.87.E3.82.B8.E3.82.BF.E3.83.AB.E5.A4.A7.E8.BE.9E.E6.B3.89
>>
>>133069834
Pachinko is pretty normalfag, too.
You don't think business men aren't normalfag, do you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gedBVCtI4G8&index=105

By the way, Kaworu's pachinko machine sold the highest out of all the Evangelion themed pachinko
This was before 3.0.
>>
>>133069945
Kaworufag making a fuzz again.
>>
File: 1414146334975.jpg (231 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1414146334975.jpg
231 KB, 1024x768
>>133070119
You do realize the greentext you just posted says they aren't interchangeable, right? As does the entry:
>[補説]5は「オタク」と書くことが多い。1980年代半ばから使われ始めた言葉か。初めは仲間内で相手に対して「おたく」と呼びかけていたところからという。特定の分野だけに詳しく、そのほかの知識や社会性に欠ける人物をいうことが多い。

Thanks for playing.
Next time, don't try to bluff against someone who's actually Japanese.
>>
>>133068012
>>133068072
Will watch.
>>
Okay guys, let me get this straight:

In the West people think Asuka and Shinji had something going, but in Japan people think Kaworu and Shinji have something going?
>>
File: eva2013_0420_wet09s.jpg (66 KB, 580x441) Image search: [Google]
eva2013_0420_wet09s.jpg
66 KB, 580x441
I love how no one responds to my post here: >>133069903

Guess the fact that a Kawoshin advertisement was displayed IN A SPORTS STADIUM IN TOKYO got everyone buttblasted.
>>
>>133069903
>You wouldn't see such advertisements as a sports stadium or as the basis for an infamous children's clothing line.

You definitely would. In fact, you already have as proven by your own evidence. This is spot on for the archetype and target group in question, fujoshi.

For fujoshi you market clothes, knicknacks and jewelry, something there are lines of in Japan.

>Only because Evangelion is as normalfag as it is can this be a thing. It's an exception.
It's not an exception. Anime adverts of either cute girls or boys in such events is not uncommon but explicitly made room for. Evangelion is popular, but this advertising in particular is targeted towards fujoshi.

>You see girls in highschool
Who are then, by definition fujoshi and otaku, as normal schoolgirls don't do that. Moreover for each one of those you have the male schoolboy equivalent.

>Otaku have more obscene interests and can usually be pointed out by their lack of friends and their ugly or fat looks; they tend to reject hygiene as well. But I'm sure you know all about that taking a gander at yourself.
Luckily no, but you are probably projecting anyhow, fugly. Fujoshi's interests are just as obscene, just interpret the meaning of "fujoshi" and it means, literally, rotten girl.

>You go to twitter, vine, or facebook: you see them. You don't see otaku.
But you do. In droves. Japanese otaku, fujoshi and non-fujoshi alike have long since embraced social media.
>>
is the movies worth watching? I finished watching EoE a few hours ago
>>
>>133070260

No, it just says that they write it as オタク often, they don't say you have to. Both meanings are on the dictionary entry of 御宅, thus, they can be written that way.
>>
File: 1368205751289.jpg (279 KB, 939x579) Image search: [Google]
1368205751289.jpg
279 KB, 939x579
>>133070321
>but in Japan people think Kaworu and Shinji have something going
Maybe because Anno himself said that they had something going.
>>
Can someone explain Devilman to me?
>>
>>133069945
Kaworufag being sore that he's a lone faggot whose existence is funded purely on shallow advertising and pandering.

>>133070148
>Pachinko is pretty normalfag, too.
>You don't think business men aren't normalfag, do you?
Kaworufag retard, it's been established that they are all capable of being otaku, fujoshi or fudanshi.

However, the advertising and the subject matter is strictly NOT normalfag.
>>
>>133070397
Then why do Western fans think Shinji and Asuka had something going?
>>
>>133062803
>never had any talent for...animating
I think Anno is a hack, but this isn't true.
>>133065481
If you knew anything, you' know that early George was a savant when it came to SFX.

Then they both went apeshit and put some lazy writing and lazy CG into their franchise and it went tits up.
>>
File: 1550265.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1275) Image search: [Google]
1550265.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1275
>>133069103
>Your pic
Reminds me to this one.
>>
File: 3DPD Kawoshin.jpg (88 KB, 750x926) Image search: [Google]
3DPD Kawoshin.jpg
88 KB, 750x926
>>133070366
>御宅
kek, so now you're going for an even more obscure term than お宅 to refer to オタク?
Look at any news article, internet message, or whatever.
No one uses Kanji for otaku; they use kana. Just because they said its 多い that people will write it a certain way doesn't mean you should write it the obscure way.
You use katakana and that's that. Use it any other way and you'll get funny looks.

>>133070405
Prototype Kawoshin. Prototype Evangelion.

>>133070459
Because they're retarded:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdadTN2rYxw
>>
>>133069035
>KawoShin in children clothings
Now I know why Anno makes Rebuild more SFW.
>>
File: 046370.jpg (33 KB, 200x234) Image search: [Google]
046370.jpg
33 KB, 200x234
>>133070418
>>133070360
>people who have never been to Japan and don't even speak moon insist they know about Japan and people who speak moon
>>
>>133070355
You seem to be slow Kaworufag. Movies are more far-reaching in audience grasp than a sports stadium, why not just point out that 3.0 was a Kawoshin movie?

You're missing the point here, which is that there is a executive, root decision from Khara to push Kawoshin. They would literally not push anything else. They've decided to do this. They won't push anything else, this is the de facto direction of Evangelion in lieu of Khara's establishment.

That they (who have an avid interest in showing Kawoshin) showing Kawoshin is at this point entirely irrelevant. What's remains as a relevant fact is that they are pandering Kawoshin.
>>
>>133070567
>kaworufag got schooled by several citations on japanese and has lost every argument ITT tries to greentext
Out.
>>
File: 8.jpg (90 KB, 925x1024) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
90 KB, 925x1024
>>133070572
see >>133070567

>>133070613
Kawoshin advertisement in a
SPORTS
STADIUM
>>
>>133062803
>Anno was never really that that great to begin with
>He himself never had an talent for animating
There was a reason why Anno was hired immediately by Miyazaki after Anno dropped out of uni. Miyazaki is not an easy person to please.
>>
File: 9864.jpg (175 KB, 850x877) Image search: [Google]
9864.jpg
175 KB, 850x877
>>133070613
But the Kaworufag is the only one who knows moon in this entire thread. Again.

Why the fuck are Kaworufags the only ones who know Japanese?
First they translated the extras, and next they'll be translating our subtitles for final.
>>
>>133070513
>>133070260
>>133070068
>kaworufag reaching and bluffing his way into his own grave

M8, reading the discussion the etymology of otaku was pointed out to underline it's origins, which is indeed otaku in reference to a home, something you clumsily end up backing up in your own post here: >>133069767

The worst part is that you're even wrong in trying to correct the guy, who say that the translations (NOTICE THE PLURAL) relate to, not translates to, "home".

So not only are you objectively wrong in interpreting the word otaku, you didn't even have a reason to play besserwisser in the first place, all you did was reveal yourself as a clear lesserwisser.
>>
>>133068453
Threadly reminder that you should stop posting that because it's a thing.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
>>
>>133070659
see >>133070659
Kaworufag.

It's absolutely amazing how deluded you pricks are.
>>
>>133070629
see >>133070572
Did you even read the post?

You might as well shout "KAWOSHIN ADVERTISMENT IN A MOVIE THEATER", because that's what 3.0 was, much like the advertisments on twitter etc...

It's literally all besides the point, all it shows it that Khara is pushing Kawoshin, i.e making pandering for the masses of otaku.
>>
>>133070686
>NOTICE THE PLURAL
You mean something that doesn't even exist in Japanese?
I never backpedaled anywhere, and the guy proved me write with his own greentext of the dictionary article because he doesn't know moon and google translate obviously fucked him over.
Hence how he never responded here: >>133070513

I won the argument because I know Japanese and you don't.
For fuck's sake, I think I'd know my own language.
The origins were wrong as well, search otaku origins into any search engine and you'll get what I said.
But thanks for giving up.
>>
>>133070659
The Kaworufag (you, or your buttbuddy) is as always completely wrong and never proves a single argument he makes in this thread.

Him knowing 'moon' doesn't mean anything when he doesn't know it well enough to translate/understand the meaning behind the word otaku.

He, you, are losers.
>>
>>133070796
>You mean something that doesn't even exist in Japanese?
Are you literally retarded m8?

Plural of translations, meanings?
>>
File: 1375769741414.jpg (108 KB, 765x1024) Image search: [Google]
1375769741414.jpg
108 KB, 765x1024
>>133070767
>making pandering for the masses of otaku
Yeah, otaku definitely wear children's clothes and go to sports stadiums with their girlfriends and families.
At what point do you draw the line, westerner?
Oh, that's right, nowhere. Because even your definition of otaku is wrong.

>>133070822
You got so buttblasted you couldn't even respond to my posts correctly.
I won the normalfag argument and I won the otaku argument too.
Go ahead and try to segue the conversation again, I'll teach you everything I know about the country that I've been to and you haven't.
>>
>>133070796
HOLY SHIT YOU KAWORUFAGS ARE RETARDED

no wonder all of you get stuck in dead end jobs or incubators for more successful men

You're backpedaling RIGHT NOW because none of your input actually mattered considering what anon said. You just responded out of butthurt that you got schooled HARD on a subject you were pretending to know anything about.

Just lick your wounds, fuck off back to tumblr, /cm/ and quit shitting up /a/ with your BS.
>>
>>133070859
You do realize that there are near to no plurals in Japanese, right?
お宅 is translated as your home, your family, your company, and can even cover several other meanings as well.
But Otaku as we know it is all katakana. You'd never spell it another way or people won't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>133068031
>tfw 3.0 is making me more interested to make EVA fan theories
>>
File: 5785.gif (10 KB, 96x96) Image search: [Google]
5785.gif
10 KB, 96x96
>>133070920
>you will never get this mad over being wrong
>>
>>133070927
You realize that your original statment of "NO PLURALS" is wrong, and had nothing to do with what the anon said in the first place?
It's the plural of the word "translations", not plurals of japanese words.
>>
>>133062803
butthurt reifag lmao
>>
File: 0887.png (114 KB, 1239x650) Image search: [Google]
0887.png
114 KB, 1239x650
>>133070659
They're on Evageeks too. They're everywhere. AND THEY ALL KNOW JAPANESE.

>>133070956
So you're beef here is that I forgot the word 'your' or changed it from house to home? In Japanese, there is no difference in those two words. You could read 家 as いえ or うち but that does not change the meaning or how to translate it in English.
>>
>>133070881
>>133070796
>I WON
>gets disproved hard by virtually every anon that's not himself

Pathetic. If you know Japanese, it's back to school for you. You lost the otaku argument because as anon and the etymology proves from various historical sources, as well as the word itself shows, it really does have connotations with the word "home" as well as doing things "in the home".

Which was the point, and you lost. Again.

All you're doing is proving that you're a sore loser.
>>
>>133070934
>Eva 1.0 was 2007
>Eva 2.0 was 2009
>Eva 3.0 was 2012
>It's 2015

So when is the last one?
>>
>>133070659
The perks of being a fujoshit landwhale
>>
>>133068072
>>133068012
>evangelion with smug Kaworu as the MC
The reaction images from this alone would be glorious
>>
File: me!me!me!.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
me!me!me!.gif
1 MB, 640x360
>>133062273
Anno is getting madder and madder. Look at what he is approving.
>>
>>133071015
How could I lose if you never responded to my posts? Because I was right and now you want to change the subject and blatantly lie?
Next time just don't try to argue with someone who's actually lived in Japan and knows the language.
It's not that hard m8.
>>
>>133070927
I don't think japanese plurals had anything to do with it. You're just so buttflustered that Kaworu is shit and will only be a cyst on Evangelion's existence that you didn't even read any of the posts you replied to.

You tried to act pretentious by going into the meaning but failed to disprove anything at all and just ended getting yourself knocked over by dictionary meanings and citations from articles.

No matter how hard you squirm or bluff Kaworufag, there's no one that's actually going to take you seriously or believe YOU over virtually all the historical content on the subject matter of where the word "otaku" come from.

Some autismal descent into how it's written in kanji vs katakana only shows how desperate you are.

Only a person who knows he's wrong would go to the length you have. Get help.
>>
File: anno_nissan.jpg (35 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
anno_nissan.jpg
35 KB, 500x375
Conclusion : even though Anno hate his job, he still has to make money to keep him and everyone on Khara alive.

It's just like Shinji hating to drive EVA, but don't want to make himself and everyone die.
>>
File: 0438.jpg (50 KB, 670x500) Image search: [Google]
0438.jpg
50 KB, 670x500
lol Kaworufags win again
>>
>>133071094
>I ACTUALLY LIVE IN JAPAN
>I KNOW THE LANGUAGE
Just shows that your otaku zeal isn't a replacement for intelligence and ability.

Despite being an obsessed fantard you even misinterpret and grossly misunderstood simple things like this.
>>
>>133069945
Butthurt Reifag and dumb Kaworufags.
>>
>>133071119
>he still has to make money to keep him and everyone on Khara alive.
>make
No anon, he doesn't have to do anything. Just sit and wait for the merch money to roll in.
>>
>>133071032
>>It's 2015
COME ON AMERICA
>>
>>133071013
>So you're beef here is that I forgot the word 'your' or changed it from house to home? In Japanese, there is no difference in those two words. You could read 家 as いえ or うち but that does not change the meaning or how to translate it in English.

The beef is that you went on a pointless tangent because you got served concerning the etymology of the word "otaku" as applied to anime otaku today.

This again underlined the connections otakudom has with the purchase of luxury goods and obsessiveness, which again strengthened the point that Kaworufags such as yourself, fujoshi are indeed just otaku. Your own obsessiveness ITT has only strengthened that point, with what appears to be self-taken pilgrimage pictures of your object of adoration, indeed only an otaku would go to such lengths to document what is shallow advertisements of no value.

My beef, and I guess everyone elses, is that you're a harmful, negative and discordant existence that only makes things worse for others (this thread as a microcosmos of the whole fandom) but still deny it.

You will go into any tangent, any distraction, and spout any lie to not admit how terrible you are.

That's the beef.
>>
File: Even China ships it.jpg (742 KB, 2247x2956) Image search: [Google]
Even China ships it.jpg
742 KB, 2247x2956
>>133071108
see >>133071094
Despite you never responding to my last posts where I got you BTFO.

>>133071147
Since you clearly are an expert on the Japanese language I'll now respond to your posts in all Japanese; clearly a more suitable mode of conversation for you.
Of course, I expect you to respond in Japanese as well. Make sure you get that 文法 right!

このポストの答えは?待っているよ!
>>133070513

>>133071147
そんなに起こるな。おちつけ、おちつけ。
>>
>>133071094
Except you didn't reply to this: >>133069978
which means that by your logic, you got BTFO.
>>
File: ap00-800x550.jpg (55 KB, 800x550) Image search: [Google]
ap00-800x550.jpg
55 KB, 800x550
>>133068453
FUCK YOUR SHITTY MEME
>>
>>133071324
I'm not the OP and you just evaded my post because of soundly it wrecked your position.

Bravo Kaworufag. Bravo.
>>
>>133071324
You've just gone into full shitposting mode now.

Go on Kaworufag, I don't mind. All you do is convince more and more people that Kaworufags are dishonest, belligerent and nasty people who don't debate in reason but in fanaticism.
>>
File: Hideaki-meme1.jpg (51 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
Hideaki-meme1.jpg
51 KB, 500x418
>>133070650

Miyazaki has done a severe mistake.
Anime is mistake.
Picking Anno is also a mistake.
>>
File: mgngajzsZo1r1gc4c.jpg (59 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
mgngajzsZo1r1gc4c.jpg
59 KB, 500x667
>>133071282
うむ。
でもね、それは最初から違った。
ほら:
>>133070260
ごめーんね~

>>133071342
電子辞書は私を賛成した。君は間違っている、それは事実だ。
>>
>>133071119
What is this expression conveying?
>>
>the kaworufag has lost it
>>
>>133071324
>そんなに起こるな。

You gave yourself away. Bravo.
>>
File: 0346.png (374 KB, 599x404) Image search: [Google]
0346.png
374 KB, 599x404
>>133071390
>>133071436
それは日本語じゃないよ!
先の言葉は嘘でしたね?やぱりね。
>>
Holy shit, is this the same kaworufag creeper that stalked people on facebook so hard that other kaworufags had to exile him?

Is it the kaworufag that threatened to kill himself after a nervous breakdown?

What is WRONG with Kaworufags? In this thread you even want me to believe that these people are "normal".
>>
File: 1438738183861.jpg (13 KB, 231x247) Image search: [Google]
1438738183861.jpg
13 KB, 231x247
>>133071452
>being this triggered
>>
>>133071472
Losing their head?
>>
I just want to hear Utada's new song.
>>
>>133071486
怒る、怒る
This is what happens when I type too fast using microsoft imi.
>>
File: 1446065136675.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1446065136675.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>tfw I can almost imagine the 200kg fat landwhale sweating all over the keyboard pushing out all this butthurt in japanese
>>
>>133071472
Yea they sure have lost their heads.
>>
File: 407353.jpg (46 KB, 265x196) Image search: [Google]
407353.jpg
46 KB, 265x196
>>133071534
>>133071472
What's wrong? I thought you guys were experts on Japanese. Why aren't you responding in a language that you're so familiar with?
Oh boy
I wonder

>>133071586
私の勝ち。
>>
File: 1.png (96 KB, 336x280) Image search: [Google]
1.png
96 KB, 336x280
You guys should really take a trip down to Japan, though. It's a nice place.
I'm sure you won't embarrass yourself as much as you did this time if you'd take the time to go.
>>
The only way Evangelion can be restored to it's original glory is by invoking the most magnificent Kaworufag BTFO, that'll redeem Evangelion and get rid of the parasitic kaworufags.
>>
File: bTpwKYy.png (7 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
bTpwKYy.png
7 KB, 300x300
>>133068453
>Watermelon
>>
>>133071447
But Anno saved anime.
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 600x955) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 600x955
>kaworufags win again
(笑)
>>
Who is "the Kaworufag" and why are we supposed to hate him? It's been a long time since I've been in an Eva thread
>>
File: 04363.gif (194 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
04363.gif
194 KB, 500x333
>>133071768
当然。
>>
>>133071730
That's not Yamakan.
>>
>>133071625
Look friend, I'm not any of them, but smashing Japanese out in an attempt to prove your point just makes you look really desperate and stupid. You're just shitposting.
>>
File: 34664.jpg (92 KB, 468x480) Image search: [Google]
34664.jpg
92 KB, 468x480
>>133071720
>Anno getting himself and his wife BTFO
Okay. Sure.

>>133071797
Hate him because he's right.
That is butthurt Reifag logic.
>>
Camrips yet?
>>
>>133071822
Shh, don't feed him.
>>
File: 1439553053340.jpg (138 KB, 751x1063) Image search: [Google]
1439553053340.jpg
138 KB, 751x1063
>>133071726
>not having a watermelon for an MC
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 345x514) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 345x514
>>133071798
あなたは日本人? 日本語を専攻しているんだけど知らない文法や単語はまだ多い。
>>
>>133071797
>It's been a long time since I've been in an Eva thread
Turn around and leave. Trust me, it's for your own good.
>>
File: 36183710_p8.jpg (36 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
36183710_p8.jpg
36 KB, 400x400
>>133071949
ハーフです。
小さいころアメリカに来ましたから、日本語を忘れてしまったw
>>
>>133071949
Why'd you come to America?
>>
>>133072061
Because all my relatives live here.
>>
>>133071797
>>133071822
Kaworufags are shitposting incarnate.
>>
>>133072089
I still visit Japan a lot though
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 320x430) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 320x430
>>133072143
日本に行きたい!
>>
File: 49330172_p1.jpg (118 KB, 639x908) Image search: [Google]
49330172_p1.jpg
118 KB, 639x908
>>133072176
It's not that great.
Akihabara is smelly as fuck and all the inaka areas get boring after a while.
Go for a month or two, anything more than that is retarded.
>>
File: 1441118750612.png (118 KB, 278x348) Image search: [Google]
1441118750612.png
118 KB, 278x348
>>133071467
>>
>>133072215
Fuck, really?
>>
>>133070934
>Making theories
Listen to Death & Rebirths (or was it EoE?) prologue.
That's also already in Anno's keikaku.
>>
File: 51090897_p0.jpg (404 KB, 1100x800) Image search: [Google]
51090897_p0.jpg
404 KB, 1100x800
>>133072299
I mean, do what you want, but that's just me speaking from my experience.
>>
>>133072312
I was thinking of studying abroad, but I don't know where to go.
>>
File: 47423034_p20.png (192 KB, 500x707) Image search: [Google]
47423034_p20.png
192 KB, 500x707
>>133072452
If you're a weeb, get a place near Tokyo. Atsugi is nice. I know they have some universities in Kanagawa that take gaijin.
If you're into Japan for anything else, then maybe Hokkaido? If you like snow.
Kyoto is cool too if you're into tourist attractions.
Everywhere else is either boring inaka or too heavily accented for Japanese beginners to understand.

If you're studying abroad then that's fine, I thought you meant living in Japan which is a whole other beast.
If you're a gaijin, then don't live in Japan. They don't want you there.
>>
I can't believe the kaworufag is talking to himself
>>
>>133072452
And if you only like Japan for weebshit anyway, than I recommend just staying here.
>>
>>133072466
Why do they hate gaijin?
I just wanted to travel somewhere and Japan seems fun.
>>
Its been like 4 years since 3.0, any word on 4.0?
>>
File: 52273176_p14.png (894 KB, 1000x772) Image search: [Google]
52273176_p14.png
894 KB, 1000x772
>>133072532
Japan generally does not care for anything that is not Japanese.
Even halfs get shit, but luckily enough I don't look half so I get off easy there.
>>
>>133072466
>>133072312
Sorry, can you two exchange mail or something and talk there?
But because both are adding images of Kaworu to not get banned, I'm assuming either both are espers and agreed to make crap posts or you are just talking to yourself.
>>
>>133072532
Xenophobia
>>
>>133071797
Batshit fujoshi.
>>
>>133072604
The Kaworufag is insane and will literally reply to himself once the thread learns to ignore him.
>>
File: 52513375_p4.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
52513375_p4.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
>>133072532
Adding onto this: >>133072466
If you like Kaworu and Eva, then just go to Tokyo.
Besides the Eva store and the shit in Hakone, there's Akiba and then that Eva amusement park shit.
They're also opening up an Eva themed shinkansen soon.
I can recommend more places for you.
>>
>>133072604
This thread is dead anyways, ignore it so that either it sage or just let them post enough so that the mods see this.
>>
>>133071530
>kaworufag creeper that stalked people on facebook so hard that other kaworufags had to exile him?
Oh god what?
>>
>>133072598
No, because the point of Rebuild was never to make a story that would end, it was just to prolong and perpetuate stereotypes of the characters as well as make new ones, and then stretch that new interpretation out for as long as feasible.
>>
>>133071539
This.
>>
>>133072709
Yeah, sure.
I like other anime besides Eva, though.
I wanted to go to places like animate and Akihabara. Is that in Tokyo?
>>
>>133072723
Doing a shit job at that then since there hasn't been a sequel in near half a decade.
>>
>>133072785
How can he be doing a shit job at it if it's the current status and has been since the beginning? This void in Eva is what Anno wanted.
>>
File: 41245992_p0.png (126 KB, 585x839) Image search: [Google]
41245992_p0.png
126 KB, 585x839
>>133072769
Akiba is Akihabara. And yes, they're all near Tokyo.
Animate is a chain store, it's all over the place. In other prefectures too. Honestly, there's no specific place for anime goods they're all over the place.
Except inaka I guess, but no one likes inaka.

When are you going?
>>
Is this whole thread a single fujoshi arguing fujoshi pandering does not count as otaku pandering?
>>
>>133072863
then talking to herself when she got ignored.
>>
>>133072847
I wanted to go during comiket or when 4.0 would get released.
Are anime goods expensive? I know blurays are.
>>
>>133072722
Kaworufags are the most disgusting and selfish of creatures anon. He basically threatened to spam and expose other kaworufags because they rejected him too.
>>
>>133072933
I like Kaworu, but ignore this thread please. It's clearly out of control
>>
>>133072994
Every thread is like this basically. I can't respect anyone who likes Kaworu.
>>
>>133072918
>or when 4.0 would get released
Heh.

It really depends where you go, I'm able to get really nice figures for around $50 at any little shop at Akiba. Animate is typically more expensive, if I recall because it's more formally run.

The problem with Akiba is that you can never tell if an item has been used or if its a shitty ripoff model or not because they won't let you pick up the merchandise unless you say you're going to buy it.
For all you know, you might get a Kaworu figure with a cum stain on his backside. That shit has happened to a friend before.
>>
>>133073019
I'm sort of on a budget, so should I just stick to figures in boxes?
>>
>>133072933
Is there a thread where this shit unfolded or something? I haven't went into eva threads since I saw a kaworufag have a breakdown.
>>
>>133073127
try every one
>>
>>133073092
No dude, because then you can't see if the figures are shit or not.

When the nip clerk isn't looking, pick the figure up or look really closely into the glass.
If I'm assuming you'll go in the summer for comiket (winter comiket is shit), then it'll be packed so you're good.

If you're looking for more normalfag shit, then the Eva store in Tokyo is good.
But if you look weird then don't go, they usually glare at otaku until they leave. Dress up sort of nice and pretend you're normal.
Then there's also konbini like Lawson for other alternatives, cheap but no figures. Just little trinkets.
>>
The best part of 3.33 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oDv3a56N5g
>>
>>133073205
Okay thanks, this is all really helpful.
Last question, when you said they hate gaijin are they gonna hate me?
>>
>>133073281
Are you white, black, or sandnigger?
>>
>>133073300
White
>>
File: 1386788024724.jpg (78 KB, 650x866) Image search: [Google]
1386788024724.jpg
78 KB, 650x866
>>133073326
Then you're good.
Just be polite, act modest, speak when spoken to, and act like a general non-autist. As long as you don't stay for more than a month or two, you'll be fine. And since you know Japanese that's more in your favor.

But don't mention you like Anime or that you buy figures.
Say you like Evangelion but you don't really understand it (that's the typical normalfag response), you think Kaworu is cool and are looking forward to final. That's all you need to say. Keep all your merchandise in a closet and when you go out to Akiba where a surgical mask.
Good luck, anon-kun!
>>
>>133073421
Oh, and I forgot to mention to take a bare minimum amount of pictures. Don't be that annoying tourist guy that everyone hates.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 700x984) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 700x984
>>133073421
Thanks!
>>
>>133073011
It's because Kaworu was actually a good character in eva 3.0, especially when he was the only character who is kind to Shinji.
People hate Kaworu only because of the yaoi in the original series.
>>
File: 50565.png (104 KB, 456x391) Image search: [Google]
50565.png
104 KB, 456x391
>>133073508
>People hate Kaworu only because of the yaoi in the original series.
Which doesn't make sense, because Kaworu was never gay. The only gay one was Shinji, he was the one blushing and shit.
Kaworu could be heterosex for all we know.
>>
So I just read through this entire thread, and why is everyone ganging up on the Kaworufags?
They're won the argument and then people change the topic and say they didn't? What?
>>
File: kaworu.png (114 KB, 500x212) Image search: [Google]
kaworu.png
114 KB, 500x212
>>133073575
Yeah, but it's heavily implied.
Otherwise he would have paid more attention to Rei because of her connection to Lilith
>>
File: 1422422186424.jpg (94 KB, 587x595) Image search: [Google]
1422422186424.jpg
94 KB, 587x595
D-did a fujoshi just talk to itself for an entire thread?
>>
>>133073699
Because of the ebin fujoshit boogeyman.
It doesn't matter if a Kaworufag is right or if he says the most unoffensive, most neutral thing in the world. People will attack them just for being Kaworufags because they're pissed off about the whole yaoi ordeal.

They take out they're anger on Kaworufags because they're still salty their favorite Anime is pro-fujo.

>>133073703
It's never implied because Kaworu is an alien who's technically genderless. He never blushes at Shinji or anything, so why would people assume he's gay?
Shinji was the one blushing and showing sexual attraction, yet everyone forces the gay on Kaworu and pretends Shinji is straight as fuck.
>>
File: 1443858426616.png (445 KB, 807x700) Image search: [Google]
1443858426616.png
445 KB, 807x700
>>133062273
A broken man forged the original. Notice how suicide and depression are no longer in the rebuild series? Anno downplayed rebuild 1.0, and everyone else should too. Having said that, 3.0 at least tried to do something new compared to 1.0 and 2.0, but the entire rebuild arc is a disaster because everything that was great is destroyed/already done by NGE completely better in the first place. Literally the only thing the rebuilds have going for it is over the top production values, but like most things, less is more.
>>
>>133073719
Allow it once in a while. There are tons of yuri in Euphorium thread anyways.
>>
>>133073762
Because Kaworu is the one who initiates those yaoi flags. If Shinji was the one who initiated those flags then it would be different.
If Kaworu suddenly comes up to you and raise all those flags, and you accept like nothing is wrong then congrats, you can come out of the closet now.
>>
>>133073699
You think people would give Kaworufags this much shit if had a strictly friendly relationship with Shinji like Touji?
Hell no.
They're mad because they seem him as a threat to their waifu and that he doesn't pander to them.
They hate that Evangelion is not an otaku show, but an omnipandering show.
They try to deny this side of the show for 20 years and it bites them in the ass everyday. The hate is just venting, don't take it to heart.
What I find hilarious is that they choose to get mad at Kaworu instead of Shinji, when the former is noticeably less gay than the latter; hardly ever showing anything toward Shinji that could be perceived as gay. Unlike Shinji, who acts like a faggot on schoolgirl hormones whenever Kaworu walks in the room.
It's just retarded, the western Eva fanbase. I expect all shit to break lose with final.

>>133073886
>who initiates those yaoi flags
How so? Kaworu is just there. Shinji blushes on his own accord.
It's not Kaworu's fault that Shinji's cheeks get red just by the poor guy smiling at him.

He's not raising shit, he's trying to start a friendship and Shinji is making it sexual and interpreting it as sexual and gay.
>>
I like Kaworu but this guy is nuts
>>
>>133074006
So are you just gonna do this the whole thread or what?
If it makes you feel any better, I can't tell if you're the fireposter or just another butthurt Reifag.
>>
>>133074040
>fireposter
Darius?!
>>
File: 1423386958620.png (205 KB, 385x440) Image search: [Google]
1423386958620.png
205 KB, 385x440
Was this crazy fuck always in eva threads? I have never witnessed shit like this before.
>>
>>133073719
I hope not, it depresses me to see such mental illness on 4chan. I really hope it's 2 people.
>>
>>133074159
Reifags have been here for years
>>
File: Fireposter.png (42 KB, 811x199) Image search: [Google]
Fireposter.png
42 KB, 811x199
>>133074093
I remember that faggot.
>>
>>133062273
Brotip the best episodes in NGE didn't have Anno as primary scriptwriter.
>>
>>133074281
So, every episode?
>>
>>133073945
>Following their initial meeting, Kaworu accompanies Shinji to a NERV bathing room. While sitting together in the bath, the boys display a degree of comfort around one another. At one point, Kaworu places his hand on Shinji's, who allows Kaworu's hand to linger on his own, Kaworu then proclaims he loves Shinji. At the end of the bath house scene, Shinji tells Kaworu that he needs to go to bed, to which Kaworu is confused and asks if they will go together, to which Shinji is quick to decline the offer, though he does spend the night at Kaworu's apartment, sleeping on the floor beside Kaworu's bed.
I copypasted it from eva wiki. But I thought it was fairly accurate to the anime.
>>
>>133071085
>smug
>implying he wouldn't be mindbroken and depressed because he misses Shinji
>>
>>133074281
He is still the director though, all of the scriptwriter ideas must go through the director.
>>
How else is he going to promote the Kaworu and Shinji couple rings without the movie, anon?
>>
File: 9757.jpg (147 KB, 850x798) Image search: [Google]
9757.jpg
147 KB, 850x798
>>133074344
I doubt Kaworu even knows what sex is, let alone how to be gay.

>>133074358
>not wanting heterosexual Kaworu as your new MC
>>
>>133074394
Rings? What?
>>
>>133074395
>Heterosexual Kaworu
This guy is trying to hard.
Tell me a single female character that has Kaworu's attention as much as Shinji will you?
>>
>>133069163
Anon, Evangelion had an event in one of the best shopping departments of GINZA, it's normalfag fare.

Get over it. It was normalfag in the 90s too because they were surprised that the regular people watched and loved Evangelion when they had only aimed this shit to otaku. Cruel's Angel Thesis was in the top 10 of most listened karaoke songs of the decade.

Karaoke is normmie fun.
>>
>>133062273
So Akira Ishida could finally get paid again.
;_;
>>
>>133074441
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/12/12/evangelion-x-the-kiss-collaboration-presents-shinji-and-kaworu-cross-necklaces

Note the left ring finger.
>>
File: 96086046.jpg (922 KB, 1000x1400) Image search: [Google]
96086046.jpg
922 KB, 1000x1400
>>133074520
>expecting the butthurt Reifag to understand rational thought

>>133074584
Gay.
>>
>>133074520
Did you know that if you showed up to an Evangelion 3.0 movie showing dressed as Kaworu and Shinji together you'd get a discount on your tickets?
>>
>>133074441
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/08/20/silver-ring-and-necklace-inspired-by-evangelion-13-offered-in-japan
http://online.thekiss.co.jp/user_data/evangelion.php
>>
>>133074730
Only during Christmas' week.
>>
>>133074782
Because that's couples week?
>>
>>133074820
Yes.
>>
>>133074741
>a fucking heart split in half

Gay
>>
File: ayanami rei.jpg (30 KB, 480x679) Image search: [Google]
ayanami rei.jpg
30 KB, 480x679
Why are people bullying Rei?
I admit that Asuka is pretty and has a personality. But Rei is cute. And whenever Shinji is with Rei, he is likable, and when saving her, bad-ass. Whenever Shinji is with Asuka, he just acts like an attention-seeking child, or sex-seeking.
>>
File: 04639234.jpg (9 KB, 400x311) Image search: [Google]
04639234.jpg
9 KB, 400x311
>>133074584
>>133074741
Who would buy this.
Why would they buy this.
Why.
>>
File: Anno and his Ex.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Anno and his Ex.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
>>133074934
>Who would buy this
Anno and Ikuhara.
>>
>>133074934
They were out of stock several times since they launched and they first promoted it, Kaworu's married/engaged poster, in Ginza department store as this anon says >>133074520 It's normalfag.

It's not Akihabara or some underground district but the posh and fashion district.
>>
>>133074988
>yfw final is their sextape from the 90s
Instant classic.
>>
>>133069103
>This Kawoshin advertisement was displayed at a fucking sports stadium for the whole world to see.
And then Japan wonders why their birth rate is decreasing.
>>
>>133074988
>Japanese triggered
>Every image is Kaworu
>Not a single Asuka in this thread
>Now this
What's wrong with you /a/? Have you lost it?
>>
>>133075124
Kaworu is probably more fertile than most Japanese women, considering he's fucking Adam (a planetary scale mother/progenitor like Lilith).

Kaworu and Shinji are a faux gay couple.
>>
File: Shinji_AngelCore.jpg (89 KB, 849x361) Image search: [Google]
Shinji_AngelCore.jpg
89 KB, 849x361
>>133075196
Well now they're lesbians thanks to Rebuild.
>>
>>133075161
The amount of discussion had is directly disproportionate to the amount of Asuka pictures posted.
>>
>>133075368
Yeah, apparently it is proportional to amount of Kaworu pic posted
>>
>>133074560
I thought Ishida gets plenty of work? He's one of the best seiyuu out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoO-19ysepA
>>
File: mari a shit.jpg (232 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
mari a shit.jpg
232 KB, 768x1024
>>133075316
>lesbians
Anno trying sempai to notice him, again?
>>
>>133075978
They tried to pull a Kaworu with Mari but it failed tremendously. No one gives a shit about her.
>>
>>133076188
/u/ dig it but /u/ is the most cancerous board after all
>>
>>133075978
Yui is a skank, leading a poor dyke on like that.
>>
Do I have to become a Kaworufag if I want to learn Japanese?
Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 75

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.