[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is in the maga more of the reasson why she doesn't end up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
Is in the maga more of the reasson why she doesn't end up winning? Because the anime had her saying a speech about achieving things on her own and not giving up before giving up on the guy and giving them the money she collected to make her dream true. It felt like a bit too much of a short stick just to help her best friend keep up her daddy replacement.
>>
The impression the anime gave me is that the author tried so hard to make the obvious loosers look like potential candidates that they ended up being much better characters than the intended one.
>>
>>139272340
She's a selfless character but if the allusion to the fact she knows more of what's going on, she should of been smart enough to realise Ryuji affection for her first.

The fact is she wasn't as smart as they tried to make her out to be half way. She's a good girl, but prioritizes friendship over romance, killing your own happiness for others is a hard character trait to accept in this day and age.
As much as she should be applauded, that bitterness was a choice she made, along with securing her best friends happiness she could be proud of.
Both the best and worst emotions can hit people at the same time.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtHGv58pwbM
>>
File: toradora_cry.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
toradora_cry.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
>>139272340

She didn't win because the entire story was a parody of the typical Tsundere romance. The Tsundere was destined to win. But unlike most Love Hina/Ranma clones, Taiga actually breaks down and changes her personality to open herself to the guy.

As a counter to Taiga's change, you had two other girls who didn't change. Midori and Ami both refuse to drop their guard. And as a result, end up missing their chance to get with the guy. Its really not complicated as to why she lost. It was a plot device. But better executed than most shows (where the genki girl just gets ignored for no good reason).
>>
Kushieda not winning killed the series for me. I'm completely unable to comprehend why any male would choose Taiga over Minorin. Taiga is a complete and utter cunt and extremely likely to cuck you 2 years into the marriage, why in the world would you want to live with that shrew?
>>
>>139273753
>>>/pol/
>>>/v/

Go spout your meme words elsewhere fuckhead.
>>
>>139273832
Fuck off cuck
>>
File: toradora_taigabest.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
toradora_taigabest.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>>139273753

>I'm completely unable to comprehend why any male would choose Taiga over Minorin.
Tiaga spent every day around him, while Monorin avoided him outside of school. Taiga also expressed her feelings for him, while Minorin hid them.

Love, as in war, is won by those who do. And that's pretty much the whole point of this series.
>>
>>139273700
I'd say Midori grew a bit, but you just can't say Amin didn't change from her first appearance. She became the most sincere character, even showing her ugly face in front of the friends she had made by being fake. If anyone came out a better person from all that drama it's her. Not only she revealed more internal problems besides being fake, with her desire to be seen as mature, but she overcame them in a way that didn't mean loosing the things she liked about her life. And once she cooled off she even amended things with Midorin.
>>
>>139273753
I share our pain, towards the end I was pretty sad. As smart as this show is from time to time it still was going to follow the obvious formula, at first I kept trying to imagine she had a chance just to enjoy the conflicts but as she got developed I really wanted her to win.

The relationship with Taiga just won because she was always there, but it was a romance born from plot coincidence. Meanwhile there was a real interest between Midori. It ended up feeling as if she had to lose because she could deal with it better than Taiga, wich is a pretty cunty thing to do.
>>
File: 261295831636.jpg (48 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
261295831636.jpg
48 KB, 853x480
>>139274414

Ami tried to change to get the attention of the MC. I will admit that. But everything she did just came off as fake and repulsed him more. Which was another contrast to Taiga.
>>
>>139274016
She had a billion part time jobs. She wasn't doing it intentionally. She also hid her feelings because Taiga has dibs. If she started dating Takasu, Taiga will be alone again and that's not something she wants.

I still wish Minorin won though
>>
>>139274572
After the beach vacation she pretty much dropped out of the bowl. She's a bitch to Midori, but makes up with her later on. She can openly talk about her issues instead of denying and hiding them. She still isn't completely fixed, but that's fine because she knows she isn't completely mature yet. If she had become a perfect person her issues with wanting to be seen as an adult wouldn't make sense.
I can't think how she would evolve more whithout making it silly or taking away from it.

>>139274661
And she had those to pay for her college education to make her dream true. She was the only character actively working to improve her life beyond teen complexes.
I can't help but imagine that if she had won the ending would be Takasu and her working together to go to college. Much less drama. On the other hand if that were the case Taiga would had had absolutely zero chances of having an independant life, so she had to win to close everything in the less depressing way.

ALSO, clearly the student council president was the best girl. She wasn't competing but that doesn't change the truth.
>>
>>139274661

>She also hid her feelings because Taiga has dibs.
She knew the MC years before Taiga met him. And openly said she has liked him for years, but never had the courage to admit it.
>>
>>139274759
And? Whose fault is that? The guy basically asked her out on the beach front and she just gave another vaue, werido answer about aliens. She had her chance, she just knew she wasn't right for him. She took an honorable withdrawal over just getting blown out and going down fighting against true love.
>>
>>139274508
It's called TORADORA you fucking idiot. Are you really that butthurt your girl lost that you are going to blame the show for being 'formulaic'? Did you even watch the show? Or do you just hate tsunderes so much you didn't pay attention to anything that happened?
>>
>>139274891

>And? Whose fault is that?
Midori's fault for freaking out and deflecting. Which has been my point all along and you just reaffirmed.

Why exactly are you arguing?
>>
>>139275038
I don't have an issue with the show being formulaic. My problem is that in trying to improve on the formula it ended up developing the peanut gallery far more than the main couple. It even calls the problem of Taiga just looking for replacement father and having a relationship out of her necesity, and somehow tries to compensate showing how she acts with Ryuji the same way his mother does. It never fully closes the fact that Taiga is completely dependant on others and her growth is just stopping being a tsundere. I would had hated Amin to win, but she had a much more through development than the main girl.
If you watch a harem show you always know who will win, the point is making interesting how they win and not trying to fool you with the chance of others winning because the show pays more attention to them.

Me wanting Midori to win is just a personal thing, doesn't mean I expected it to happen.

>>139274759
>but never had the courage to admit it.
She had issues accepting any kind of interest with other people, she was completely closed to even the idea. She never got closure on that subject, although I'm guessing maybe the manga had time to deal with it.
>>
>>139274891
Takasu cares about Taiga but calling it true love at that point is too presumptuous.

Minorin weirdo answer about aliens was her just putting off the question until later when she can better assess her own feelings. I'm sure she was happy about it though.
>>
>>139275038
>Assuming this can't be a story about two close friends who actually help each other deal with their problems and win their love interest.
>>
>>139273832
He was using the word cuck in a context unrelated to memery
>>
>>139275406
I guess that would mean that the initial set up doesn't develop, so I guess the clear alternative is doing the obvious thing.

I'm still troubled with how they bring up Taiga just wanting a new dad and Takasu just wanting someone like his mom. I guess it's just a 3dpd view of things but that doesn't sound good.
>>
>>139274661
>Taiga will be alone again and that's not something she wants.
Exactly. It was up to her to do something about her feelings and decided to let the train pass forma reasons that only corncern to her. It costed her Ryuuji but there's no one to blame but herself.
>>
>>139276058
At that point Ryuuji had been 100% wanting the Taiga puss for at least five episodes, there was nothing to be lost.
It's still weird that after a speech of making your dreams true through your own effort she gives up on even trying to get the guy and gives them the money she earned to make her dreams true. There's giving up and there's throwing everything off the train.
>>
>>139276300
Again. Out of her own volition. Up to the beach trip she had Ryuuji served con a silver platter. Then became silly at the end when she and Taiga were both trying to pair Ryuuji with the other. I like Minorin but she made me cringe at times because she first dooms herself for others then becomes melodramatic about it. Amy saw right through that arrogant martyr complex and called her out for it.
>>
>>139276443
It should had been dealt with in some way, Amin got to close most of her issues but Midori just stayed more or less the same with a little bit of more understanding of herself. Her development was sort of missplaced in the show's structure. Once Taiga had lost her love interest there was a single possible solution to the plot, the only reason to give Midori screen time was to amp up the drama at the end in a wishy washy way, no real stakes.
Amin calls up a lot of stuff and she's mostly right. Not only Midori's martyr complex but also Taiga's daddy issues, but only one of those got development and it wasn't the one related to the main couple.

As I asked on the OP, I just want to know if in the manga Taiga has more development that got dropped for structure reassons in the anime, or if Midori's issues are closed up in any way.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/7216906
>>
>>139276767
why would you do that?
>>
>>139276767
>six people actually voted
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.