[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Macross Delta
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: 1454637136244.jpg (441 KB, 1000x1274) Image search: [Google]
1454637136244.jpg
441 KB, 1000x1274
Episode 1 and 2 spoilers from pre-screening:

Episode 1
> They cut a few small lines from the preview edition.
> They add three minutes.
>Hayate sees a battle-damaged 171 and jumps in (“Wow glad this is just like my worker drone”) to protect Freyja as she runs into battle. But it doesn’t have a gunpod so he dance-karates against a Zent enemy. He rescues Freyja and flies up into the air with her (in his Valk hands?).
>Hayate is colorfully naked as he realizes that he enjoys piloting. Freyja is also colorfully naked. Similar to the final episode of Frontier or a Newtype moment.
>Freyja sings as Hayate pilots.
>They get shot down.
>Episode 1 finishes with them heading toward the ground.
>>
File: 1457327382066.jpg (296 KB, 872x1236) Image search: [Google]
1457327382066.jpg
296 KB, 872x1236
>>139026535
Episode 2
>Mirage rescues them in Battroid mode. (“Mirage actually does something helpful for once.”) Mirage knew the original pilot, and quickly knew Hayate wasn’t the proper pilot. Again similar to Frontier.
>Knights of the Wind apparently complete what they come to do – the commander says they got the info they needed, mission accomplished, the knights are grumpy but they fold out.
>Walkure finishes up the Var.
>Finishing up the battle is maybe 20% of the episode.
>Cut to a post-battle aftermath scene. It’s the scene from the first trailer of Mirage grabbing Hayate from the collar. She’s uptight, annoyed because she thinks he put civilian lives at risk, what if you’d broken Walkure’s formation – she slugs him. But he points out that she was out of formation, you can’t say I was going to screw up because I saw you. She’s upset. The squad leader diverts this, is impressed by Hayate.
>Shuttle comes down to pick Walkure up, they point out Freyja. Freyja reiterates that she’s going to make it to the auditions and… does, apparently by stowing away again? Unclear. Hayate goes with her because he has no job. He says he’s tagging along to see her fail the auditions.
>Ragna is a planet of merpeople. They have gils and fins and webbed hands. The planet is like a tourist trap. There are sea lions with cat heads that swim around.
>Freyja goes to the audition. She didn’t do the first stage and initially she’s rejected (Hayate is ready to laugh at her) but Walkure intervenes and lets her through.
>Arad wants to talk to Hayate.
>So both Freyja and Hayate get summoned!
>Freyja goes to the audition which is filled with lots of cute girls and the big green Zent Captain Johnson comes in. The auditions are quick. They have girls sing while Walkure examines their fold waves. Freyja is in the top four. It’s like Love Live for four or five minutes. Freyja is scoring well, but her voice isn’t as perfect as it was in battle.
>>
>>139026546
>On his way to see Arad, Hayate looks out a window and sees a gray 31A for a moment. Hayate goes “that’s interesting.” He goes onto the deck of the Macross Elysium and just starts checking out the Valks on the deck.
>Cut back to Freyja, who’s told “go home.” They put her on the cable car home. While she’s partway down there’s a Var Syndrome outbreak. One of the dudes in the car gets affected and attacks Freyja, slapping her down. Freyja at first curls up in the fetal position but then she flashes back to Mikumo in the last episode, which inspires her to start singing (Halation) and cure the guy. It was all a set-up by Walkure, AKB0048 paintball deathmatch style. Freyja is officially in Walkure now.
>Arad finds Hayate on the deck. (The Elysium is in battroid form, so the decks are on its extended arms.) Asks Hayate to fly for them (looks like you’re out of a job, you’ve got skill). You get the scene from the promo of Hayate standing on the deck arms out. Hayate says that he’ll join them but he’s bad with orders. Mirage comes out and notices that as Hayate is announcing that he’ll join, he’s touching her Valk and yells at him to get the hell away from her Valk. That’s where it ends.
>2-3 episode teaser for next ep has Hayate in a normal suit in a Valk spinning out of control.
>There’s a scene with the Knights of the Wind after they retreat. They’re unhappy. The reviewers don’t mention where this is in the episode. Their fighters are in gerwalk mode in the hanger, incidentally. The hangar looks video game-y, not UN Spacey style.
>The ending sequence is there. It’s “not a typical Macross ending, it’s more KyoAni main girl running around town, monogatari style, the backgrounds are actually places in Japan” nothing that’s in either planet. Freyja very stylized running around. It looks like it’s from a schoolgirl anime.
>>
File: CwxJEp9.jpg (660 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
CwxJEp9.jpg
660 KB, 1024x1365
>>139026576
>The ED, "When My Rune Sparkles," sounds like an 80s robot ED, not like a Walkure song.
>the voice actors joked around a lot during the talk show portion
>a lot of the voice actors were very young
>Kawamori wants to combine the music aspect of 7 with the mecha of Plus.
>Freyja's VA (who's new) talked about how she went in on her first day and everyone was so nice to her, and she started listing off all the actors who were so nice to her on that first day, but she didn't mention Hayate's VA, so Hayate's VA cut in and asked "What about me?" And Freyja's VA was very apologetic (yes, yes, you were very kind). But then either Mirage's VA or Mikumo's VA got the three of them (Mirage's, Mikumo's, Freyja's) together and said "We're the new triangle now." So Hayate's VA walked over to Kawamori and Kawamori announced "Then we're a new triangle" and Hayate's VA said "I'm in the director triangle now."
>Hayate’s VA is a Miyano-tier ham.
>Hayate’s VA notes that Hayate lacks motivation, all he wants to do is ride the wind.
>There were two screenings, and they got different concerns. One got Halation plus When My Rune Sparkles, both done by Freyja’s VA. The other got When My Rune Sparkles by Freyja’s VA and Ikenai Borderline by that fifteen-year-old singer for Mikumo. (The Walkure VAs are all singing their parts except Mikumo, who gets Koshimizu as a VA and the fifteen-year-old as her singing voice.)
>>
>>
Neat. Thanks! Can't wait for the "moeshit" complaints.
>>
>>139028602
They mostly will complaint the MC.
>>
>>139026600
>Kawamori wants to combine the music aspect of 7 with the mecha of Plus.
Oh lordy, I can dig this but maaaaaannnnnnnnnn...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>139028602
Implying this will be subbed.
>>
>>139027583
>the twins are actually touchy feels with each other
It begins, I miss bishounen twins
>>
>>139030034
gg will save anime
>>
File: 1458574585154s.jpg (5 KB, 250x180) Image search: [Google]
1458574585154s.jpg
5 KB, 250x180
Reminder that the previously realistic gritty pro-war masterpiece Macross has been degraded into "Idols in space", it has fallen to the otaku pandering market and instead of being a stalwart for us manime fans it's now closer to AKB0048. Remember to support Sunrise and the upcoming gundam to show japan we like our pro-war realistic space operas and wont stand for our cherished long running masterpieces to be savagely devalued like this. First it was Macross, Next it'll be LotGH unless you do the right thing.

http://strawpoll.me/7139721

http://sp.macross.jp/delta/mechanic/
http://strawpoll.me/7138120
>>
>>139026535
Op thanks for the summary. It's guaranteed to be a wild ride whatever direction they decide to take it.
>>
Thanks for the info OP.
>>
>>139033014
>>139034481
OP here, i just copy from /m/, you guys should go thanks there.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.