[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think Berserk worsened over time? Why or why not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 23
Do you think Berserk worsened over time? Why or why not?
>>
Not particuarly. The release schedule doesn't help and the series has taken a lighter tone ever since the JRPG party was formed, but if it's worse than the previous parts it's still not bad by any stretch.
>>
>>138563361
I do because Miura can't seem to be able to follow a goddamned schedule. Even if we had to wait 1 year per chapter it would be "kinda" okay as long as he actually committed to this promise.

Plot-wise? It's still pretty solid on my books, even with all the comic relief being puked back and forth every couple pages.

Kinda unrelated to your question but I also can't help feeling that as soon as Guts gets either consumed or severely mentally crippled by the beast we're gonna see some serious eclipse-esque shit going on. That might rekindle the dark fantasy tone we had going on in the past
>>
Take out all the comic relief crap that's been flooding it lately and it's fine.
>>
>>138563941
>>138563990
There was always comic relief though.
>>
>>138564187
True, but not as much as in his latter works
>>
>>138564187
Yeah, but it was very well done. Some placed here and there, and it actually added to the character's personality. Today it's senseless crap, wasting panels with le funny elf.

I've been reading Berserk for ages, and I don't mind the little girls and berserker armor everywhere like other people, but seeing good characters like Puck, who have been there from chapter one, turn into pure comic relief crap is a kick in the gut.
>>
It turned to shit after the troll arc with a couple of highlights.
>>
>>138564472
There's also Ivalera, Isidro and sometimes even Schierke in Miura's crazy comic relief train
>>
>>138563361
I don't think so but I think I've lost a bit of interest in it, after all I've been following it for like over 15 years.
>>
>>138564604
I'm almost convinced the comic side of Berserk is done to keep Muira sane.

Like, he's spent a lot of time drawing some fucked up shit. Drawing cute pictures of Puck doing stuff probably calms him.
>>
yeah just him slaying demons and puck being comic relief guy would have been better in my opinion, having a whole crew with him kinda takes away from the whole badass demonslayer fighting alone against forces he cant even comprehend, also all this elemental magic shit kinda put me off as well, i liked it better when it was just a regular mid evil setting and them BAM demons from outta nowhere
>>
File: 0343-005.jpg (460 KB, 812x1181) Image search: [Google]
0343-005.jpg
460 KB, 812x1181
Well I want to say yes what with the overabundance of gags in what was an originally serious manga, the constant introduction of lolis to the story, and of course the incredibly slow and inconsistent release dates, but once guts kicks into gear I'm about as invested as ever, so...No?
>>
>>138563361
After golden age arc, I feel that it lost it strongest development with the characters. It was the most symbolic and the most darkest arcs that let hell loose upon earth.
>>
>>138563361
I'm really not a fan of the JRPG party he has going on. I get its a part of Guts' character maturing and realizing how lonely he is, but it was always more interesting when it was a cruel and broken character all alone in a cruel and broken world, constantly struggling against reality itself. Everyone just seems too friendly now, too eager to help some scary weirdo, despite a total invasion and fantasy apocylpse happening. Even in the Guts flashback, Gambino seemed like an almost decent person. I dunno, I think its getting too happy
>>
>>138564322
>>138564472
It's in line with how the story has changed though, and how Guts's character has developed over time. It fits with the direction of the story. It was never supposed to just be the same thing forever like >>138564893 suggests
>>
>>138564811
There's one of these reliefs I remember of reading where Miura breaks the fourth wall and while impersonating Puck says something like: "We need some jokes going on every couple of pages here folks or else Berserk won't sell well"
Don't know if it's supposed to be just a joke or an actual problem he might been having with people buying less because they were somehow getting "put off" by the constant grim dark stuff
>>
>>138564996
I'm personally expecting something terrible to happen, and this happy-go-lucky(ish) shtick won't be around for much longer. Maybe an Eclipse-Lite
>>
>>138563361
Yes.

He got a RPG party. Shierke is horrible. Too much Puck trash. I don't mind Guts changing and I don't even mind Serpico and Farnese. I can even take Isidore in small dosages.

Some of the shit Guts did and thought were unfathomable compared to who he is now. And even though he has changed, I don't see him actively remembering any of it. I'm not one of those people who thinks Guts should never have 'changed' but I'm also not one of those skullknightfags who wank over every development.

I'm not going to hype the month of Wicker Man.
>>
I don't really mind all the magic stuff a lot of people have problems with.

I just wish we'd see more Solo Guts killing hordes of Demons in weird alien demon places.
>>
>>138565116
There was already an eclipse-lite, and that was pretty good. It just seemed off for a while. Like at the end of the Ogre-arc, when they flood the town and kill the fantasy creatures, I was completely expecting the townsfolk to chase off the heretical weirdos who destroyed their town, either out of fear or anger. But no, everyone is patting everyone on the back, and even the fucking perishiner was like "Yeah, totally, lets have a minor alter to a pagan diety that we can worship sometimes". It Just felt super un-berserk
>>
>>138565005
I believe Guts development is outlined by a sense of stoicism and sobriety. I don't see how it was supposed to call puck breaking more walls alongside some other folks from the party. If anything I feel that Puck should've been philosophizing a bit more on how Guts changed, the stuff he was supposed to be thinking, the stuff he feels when Guts goes in his berserk mode, etc.. instead of trying to be funny so often
>>
>>138565005
well i never said i was against development i just dont see why those characters have to stick around, especially since guts was so against puck hanging around him and only let him stay because of heals
>>
>>138565116
I'm expecting they going back to Falconia after some time in the isle and thanks to the whole time distortion thing finding the whole land ravaged and full of Eldritch abominations
>>
>>138565228
I guess Schierke sort of took over the concern about Guts role.

I hope we get a Puck and Guts moment soon where they can look at how far they have come. The elf island seems like a pretty good place to have one.
>>
>>138565270
Guts letting Puck stay just for healing with sort of a front he put up. Puck stopped Guts from becoming a monster and getting himself killed trying to kill Griffith, even if Guts didn't realize it at the time.
>>
>>138565322
Agreed.
It'd be nice to have a scene with Puck and Guts alone talking about the future
>>
>>138565179
I don't know why anyone would have a problem with the magic stuff. Magic fits into the Berserk universe perfectly, and it's been present in the series since the very beginning.

Really, the fact Puck has been in it since the start, shows that Miura was probably always planning on introducing all of the things we've seen that aren't demonic.
>>
>>138565438
probably because the magic in the troll arc (which is what i assume people are talking about) was kinda generic in a story like berserk
>>
>>138565504
I think that's just a personal problem. Many of the concepts in Berserk have been used many times over in other things.
>>
File: berserk-layers.jpg (223 KB, 800x547) Image search: [Google]
berserk-layers.jpg
223 KB, 800x547
>>138565438
Not only it's been present since the beginning but it's pretty detailed too.
The whole "Idea creates Form from which Natural and Supernatural entities interact, finally generating/modifying ideal constructs of their own" is pretty interesting
>>
>>138565145
>Shierke is horrible
I'll fucking fight you.
>>
The author blew his lead too early and came up with all his best material in the beginning.
>>
>>138565908
You'd lose???
>>
>>138565695
>>138565504
>>138565438
I personally see no problem with magic in the story since it was always present from the pilot and the dark mystery of the stone. Also berserk always did have it's own tropes but that does not necessarily make a series bad even if a premise or cliche has been used multiple times, it all comes down to execution and how it manages to sell itself on the long run.
>>
>>138563361
Nope, I think its consistently brilliant. If anything it got slightly better over time.
>>
I think the later parts are still fine, problem is that the endless hiatus era just so happened to occur during the worst arcs.

Also Batman Guts is fucking ugly, either go houndface or helmetless.
>>
ITT: edgy teenagers
>>
>>138566008
Like Guts shagging the apostle chick?
That was pretty cash
>>
Problem is right after the hiatus the man came along and said the was going to deliver work monthly and know retracted his own word saying berserk schedule is going back back for the oracles to decide. This is one huge lack of professionalism on my opinion.
>>
>>138566316
I've been meaning to ask, is that early scene considered canon? Seems like it really contradicts with Guts' character since he has some hang-ups about sex.
>>
>>138566316

It was so bindblowing when I realized that he avenged Corkus in the first few pages of the manga.
>>
All things worsen over time.
All things have a half-life or some sort of decay ratio.
But that doesn't mean Berserk isn't one of if not the best ongoing Manga series available.
Just means that i'd be so much better if Miura wasn't a lazy fucker and if this series had ended 7 goddamn years ago.
>>
>>138566463
Everything in the manga is considered as canon save for the IoE chapter
About Guts giving her the D, I think it's fine regarding his character behavior when you take in consideration his issues were targeted mainly towards men touching him or getting too close, since his primary upbringing influences were his abusive father and that other guy who strongly hugged him from behind
>>
>>138566642
Didn't he freak when he started getting it on with Casca under the waterfall? I might be wrong though.
>>
>>138566642
The influences that marked him the most in his upbringing, I mean.
I getting a bit sleepy, sorry
>>
>>138566730
I don't think so. They were pretty close by that time already.
>>
>>138566463
Well Casca's submissive behavior during sex made him remember himself as a kid, and coupled with the fact she has short dark hair and he was in a moment of intense passion with a woman for the first time (aka his emotional defenses are down), it's easy to see how he would be reminded. I don't think it really suggested that he had hangups with sex in general.

Also, that apostle was a long haired succubus, probably slutty as hell. And he obviously knew it was an apostle.
>>
>>138566842
Maybe he ended up having sex with the apostle only for the thrill of getting her out of guard and blasting her face with the cannon?
Guts were pretty inconsequential in that arc so it fits
>>
>>138566730
He had flashbacks and broke down, but they did end up fugging. By the time the first chapter rolled around, though, I always assumed he was always in a quasi-rage state, where he didn't care about anyone (except those kids) or anything except his revenge
>>
>>138566944
Definitely that, or it was the best way to get to her on her lonesome.

At that point, most of what he learned during the Golden Age he unlearned thanks to the traumatic eclipse event. All he really cared about was killing apostles. Any possible hangups were just getting trampled from within to satisfy his bloodlust instead.

We also haven't really seen him suffer any kind of hangup like that since, or at least not that I remember. He's gotten older and a lot more has happened since. What happened as a kid to him barely makes a dent in all the other shit he suffered.
>>
>>138566642
I was mainly referring to him freaking out when he was getting it on with Casca, which was definitely because of the big black dicking he got as a kid. I don't know, in retrospect that scene with the female apostle felt really out of character to me.

>>138566842
>And he obviously knew it was an apostle
That makes sense but why go through the trouble of fucking her before killing her? Seems like an unnecessary step for him to take.
>>
>>138567087
>That makes sense but why go through the trouble of fucking her before killing her? Seems like an unnecessary step for him to take.
Well, I mean this is just a guess, but the fact she seems to use her sex appeal to lure Corkus... and then Guts is having sex with her... we could infer that she was maybe a prostitute? Or something to that effect. We don't know the situation with her outside of these two scenes, so either Guts took the bait / wanted to kill her during sex just to get an extra rise out of his ego from the kill, or maybe she was part of some brothel and it was really inconvenient for him to get to her otherwise than getting her in bed with him.
>>
Gut's new crew is about to get horribly raped and killed.
It'll hurt extra bad cause they have development.
>>
>>138567408
Even Puck is going to get raped?
This seems a bit impratical
>>
>>138567408
Implying the Golden Age gang didn't?

I don't think there will be another eclipse like event, but I do agree that something bad is gonna happen soon.
>>
>>138567465
Like Casca recovering her memories and then wanting to go back to Griffith?
Oh boy, Guts is going to go full apeshit if that ever happens
>>
It got softer the more friends Miura got, which grew more and more the more popular he became, the more correspondences he got from other popular mangaka such as Ken Akamatsu.

Miura pretty much mirrors Guts. The moment Guts met new friends, the mellower he became too.
>>
>>138567591
She won't want to go back to Griffith. She's the only one who actually saw all of the Band of the Hawk members die, up close and personal. If anything she'll want to kill Griffith more than Guts does.
>>
>>138565179
Dont worry i can see everyone but guts and casca dying when they go to fight griffith in a few nore years. Maybe another eclipse event
>>
>>138564917
Looking back on complaining about the art when this was released, It's not that it's worse, it's just simpler. It's almost definitely a product of the schedule he had himself on. I'm a lot more okay with it in that case.
>>
>>138568295
Eh, I dunno. The way things turned out feel like this is what he was planning since the very beginning. It was never supposed to be 100% dark and brooding.

Plus, there's a lot of philosophical and spiritual merit behind the transformation that all of the characters have gone through, and the story itself. I think Miura's personal life has only minimally influenced it.
>>
it went to shit when guts stopped being alone. the fellowship receiving some magical shit like armor and weapons and going on a fucking quest (including the goddamned ship arcs) reeks too much of tolkien.
>>
It went to shit since it turned to D&D. I catched up almost 10 years ago, release swchedule isn't helping, I put it on hold when mermaids popped uot. I can catch up in single afternoon again.
>>
You guys know what happened to bidiurnal?
>>
Wasn't the art in the latest chapter pretty bad.

Or was it just Miura halfassing it?
>>
>>138575197
He was out of practice. That's why he put the series on hiatus again until summer to get back into the groove. Next chapter will have the art back to form.
>>
>>138563361
No, the story has been consistent and the art has improved, apart from the sea God arc.
>>
>>138563361
It certainly didn't get better.
>>
>>138563361
I enjoy it when stories change vastly over time. It gives a sense of progression.
>>
File: like_father_like_son.jpg (691 KB, 797x1434) Image search: [Google]
like_father_like_son.jpg
691 KB, 797x1434
>>
>>138563361
I don't think it's gotten worse. I fucking loved the recent episodes with Rickert.
As for the more lighthearted atmosphere, I think it's to be expected. It's part of Guts' character development. He's no longer the black swordsman living only for the purpose of vengeance.
Also the new setting - elf island is more fitting for that kind of atmosphere.
As for the art, I don't feel like it deteriorated much, but what bothers me is how Miura started to draw eyes. Luca in Conviction arc was way cuter than how he draws her now.
>>
>>138563361
I think the current arc is all a lie and is only a prelude for something even worse than the eclipse.

Hell if you look back at it, the current arc is almost like Dark Souls. The only "safe haven" is Falconia, which is a complete lie because it's infested by apostles. And the rest of the world is now filled with dragons and monsters, making it unbearable for mankind.

Gut's journey took a turn for the brighter with the addition of the help for supernatural forces,even if it also took a turn for the worst because of the monsters now becoming common occurrences instead of exceptional encounters.

The journey ahead is full of promises and danger.

Kinda hype to see the Dragonslayer actually used on a Dragon.
>>
>>138564996
But Gambino wasn't pure evil. There were many scenes in which he taught Guts about warfare, and while there were also a couple of scenes where he was an asshole, it's clear that Guts loved him as a father. He even cries about him when reunited with Caska before going to rescue Griffith. So clearly he doesn't have solely bad memories.
>>
>>138563361
yes
guts used to be a lone wanderer
now he has a whole jrpg party following him
i hope everything falls apart
>>
>>138567276
So why did he look so disgusted when having sex with Slan?
>>
>>138567408
Too bad Miura lost his tough, with the new witch literally out of Idolm@ster joining his crews, nothing bad could happen to them now.
>>
>>138569045
Don't women usually fall for their rapist? Furthermore, Caska's worshiped Griffith even long before the rape, maybe she's secretly wanted him to hold her down.
>>
>>138580321
She's made up troll innards, everything stinks of blood and shit and piss, and her sheer presence nearly kills him and hurts a lot more than the slut apostle.
>>
>>138580321
Because Slan was made out of entrails, you would be disgusted too.
>>
>>138580430
She's still hot, regardless. I bet a lot of anons here would happily take her offer in a blink of an eye.
>>
File: eroyoujo_0.png (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
eroyoujo_0.png
58 KB, 500x500
>>138580236
He has a behelit.
>>
File: isma the fish girl.jpg (21 KB, 300x402) Image search: [Google]
isma the fish girl.jpg
21 KB, 300x402
Berserk fanbase gets worse as time goes on
>>
>>138580594
yeah but i doubt he's gonna use it
someone else is gonna use it
maybe casca
>>
File: guts.jpg (61 KB, 408x473) Image search: [Google]
guts.jpg
61 KB, 408x473
I want to see Guts get his shit fucked up big time
like some devastating plot twist where he has no choice but to kill casca or some other dark shit
I want some darker settings aswell
>>
Can someone link that site that has all the volumes for download with the best translation for each of them?
>>
Miura's burned himself out.
Hopefully he'll find some inspiration and that fire will be lit again, and hopefully before he or anymore Berserk fans pass away.
>>
>>138580412
>Don't women usually fall for their rapist?
Gonna need some valid statistical evidence for that one, chief.

I mean, BDSM is a thing, but rape is VERY different from that... rape by definition is forced sex against someone's will. It's sex that someone does not want, on any layer of consciousness. Plus, the eclipse scene was horrific for her in a multitude of ways. The chances of her re-obtaining her consciousness and not wanting to put an end to Griffith's reign once and for all are extremely slim. In fact, you could say that she might want to do this even if she still cared about him, almost like an act of mercy for him... or at least, because the deaths of Pippin, Judeau, etc. were too terrible for her, and they looked up to her as their leader to the end, so she would want to finally give them the justice they deserved.
>>
File: 1457673334626.jpg (11 KB, 221x246) Image search: [Google]
1457673334626.jpg
11 KB, 221x246
>>138563361
No, but a manga that's not finished is pointless.
>>
>>138580594
Physically owning a behelit means nothing, if a behelit is yours it finds it's way to you by the time you're going to use it.
>>
>>138580815
Good thing Miura isn't such an edgelord as you'd like him to be.
>>
>>138582968
I'm not the guy you replied to but what bugs me the most is that statement that Skull Knight gave to Guts about how "what he wanted for Casca wasn't necessarily what she would've wanted for herself" or something along these lines.
She might not want to go back to Griffth but at the very least I can't see her going back to Guts either
>>
>>138586282
>not an edgelord
>guts raped as a child, the eclipse etc
>>
>>138588295
It's only edgy if dark things happen but lack any purpose or complexity
>>
>>138588295
>implying edgy things are inherently bad
you are a problem
>>
Literally all Puck's fault.
>>
File: falconia_olympia.jpg (146 KB, 564x750) Image search: [Google]
falconia_olympia.jpg
146 KB, 564x750
>all these fags ITT who think it got worse over time
It became more and more creative over time. The entire Golden Age arc, while written very intelligently, was just a flashback, it was meant to be a foundation to the actual story... which starts AFTER the Golden Age. Since then, what we have seen has widely been Miura's more creative side, weaving his own fables and expanding on the universe he established at the beginning. The level of mystery in the Berserk universe has only increased since then, with a TON of things still being unexplored.

The story didn't get worse, the tone just changed. The writing didn't become less intelligent or more pandering-based, it just transformed, all fitting into the direction that the story was going in since the very beginning. It all fits and makes sense. The events that have taken place since the Golden Age have still been extremely interesting and creative.

If you don't like the later parts, then what you liked about Berserk was just a narrow image of the story, hence not actually Berserk. Berserk is the sum of everything that has happened so far, it was always meant to be all these different things, from being heavy and dark to light and comical, dark fantasy and philosophical to fable-feeling and mystical, etc.
>>
>>138579916
There's lots of little neat details throughout the manga, Miura is surprisingly consistent
>>
File: 1413653865531.jpg (89 KB, 722x556) Image search: [Google]
1413653865531.jpg
89 KB, 722x556
>>138591820
People just expect Berserk to be narrated in black swordsman arc style with the occasional companion that doesn't live very long. I personally really liked the desperate element and uncertainty of all the characters dying at any moment but that tension just isn't there recently. Guts slayed a fucking god and it didn't even seem remotely exciting as some of the earlier stuff that happened. It feels like Miura is dragging on the meet-up with the Elf King on purpose, the whole sea god arc doesn't progress the plot in any significant way.
>>
It got worse, the whole thing's turned into a JRPG with too much comic relief. But then again, you can instead make the argument that it hasn't and that the tone simply changed due to the introduction of new party members.

But I've more or less stopped caring just off the strength of this manga likely not being finished before Miura dies.
>>
File: gutts.png (79 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
gutts.png
79 KB, 250x250
>>138593067
this manga likely not being finished before Miura dies
what a tragedy that would be
>>
File: 1411657232568.png (314 KB, 1226x624) Image search: [Google]
1411657232568.png
314 KB, 1226x624
>>138593067
>But I've more or less stopped caring just off the strength of this manga likely not being finished before Miura dies.
It just takes one chapter where someone from the party dies to get you hyped up and then suddenly Miura takes a 1yr+ break. Being a Berserk fan truly is suffering
>>
>>138563361

It feels like we're in some kind of "eye of the storm" right now. It's still enjoyable. Shit's going to start getting real crazy and serious again eventually. Also I'm really fucking anxious to see what's going to happen with Casca.
>>
File: s324_03.jpg (226 KB, 800x1142) Image search: [Google]
s324_03.jpg
226 KB, 800x1142
I've never come across a more extreme example of an author ceasing to give a shit than Berserk. It's obvious, by now, that if he wants to work on any manga, which is debatable given how little he works, that he'd rather be doing something lighthearted and akin to Idolmaster, in which he could focus on a large quantity of lolis. Miura doesn't care about dark fantasy anymore, but he's stuck, very occasionally, writing a dark fantasy manga because he began to do so back when he did.
>>
To be honest what I've read so far isn't as amazing as you guys have told me.
Up to Chapter 47, but it just seems like every villain is made to be a child molester that Griffith tells Guts to kill. Does it get better?
Casca also seems to give up on Griffith completely without much reason.
>>
>>138595706
The Golden Age is quite different to the rest of Berserk. Keep sticking it out to the Eclipse and if that doesn't float your boat, you have shit taste.
>>
People who think Berserk got worse or complain about the increase in comic relief are just hipster edgelords. The only thing about Berserk you liked was the dark and cynical aspect of Guts during the black swordsman arc? Really? And thinking it got shallow later on is just you being reluctant to looking things deeply anymore because the comical tone of Guts's group bothers you too much
>>
>>138592788
>Guts slayed a fucking god
When?
>>
>>138596765
Sea God...
which was just a god damned huge dormant eldritch abomination but even so, had that nickname nevertheless.
Killing the REAL God in the Berserk universe would've been something many levels harder to accomplish
>>
>>138596946
Implying there is a god.
There is probably no god, just the Struggle.
>>
It was shit to begin with.
>>
I've enjoyed it pretty consistently. I don't think it's gotten worse, it's just different, which I think was to be expected.
>>
File: 1430898809564.jpg (55 KB, 651x421) Image search: [Google]
1430898809564.jpg
55 KB, 651x421
>>138580815
What if the Elf King required a behelit-esque sacrifice to restore Casca?
Guts has to choose between his new comrades or Casca.

I can actually see this situation playing out.
>>
>>138597499
The existence of the Idea of God is proved by the last page of the chapter that came right before the lost one where the Entity actually appears and is explained.
This means that although the actual chapter where it appears was pulled off from canon, it still "exists" since we can see its shadow when Griffith goes to its presence.
>>
tell the author to stop playing idolm@ and maybe it'll be fine.
he will probably die before he even finishes the manga.
>>
>>138598023
Don't worry m8, I'm sure Miura is going to finish it very soon.
I bet they're about to recruit the big breasted dark elf chick and the grumpy bearded bowman to the JRPG party right after dealing with the wicker man
>>
File: 1407999941563.png (745 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1407999941563.png
745 KB, 1600x1200
>>138597499
>>
>>138569256
>it's simpler
Guts's faces in that chapter look pretty much exactly like how he did in the boyhood flashback chapters.
The art style is simpler, but Miura is starting to draw his characters with bigger eyes and less angular facial structure. It's too bad.
>>
>>138592788
>the whole sea god arc doesn't progress the plot in any significant way.
It was progress in itself, learning about another god in the Berserk universe. There's implications there, plus we don't know what else this will impact. The fight also hurt Guts and may have an effect on him later.
>>
>>138598900
Its by no means a god, just an oversized fucking fish. God hand appearing has more significance and that was portrayed in 1 chapter. Making Guts more fucked up just promotes him discarding his humanity and going the SK route which makes him lose his main appeal
>>
>>138596632
Haha, no. The dark and cynical aspect was done well, where Puck was a much-needed bit of comic relief. If one major aspect of the story is removed that made it good, then what's left? A bunch of loose ends that still need resolution. There's nothing new being introduced beyond mythical creatures as of late. The same (unresolved) conflicts are still on the table. The last good introduction was the Berserker armor just for the simple fact that although it's an insane upgrade, the price for that is equally tremendous.
>>
Im totally convinced that something terrible will happen to guts' friends which is sad since I shamelessly enjoyed the whole ''we're like a big family'' shit.
>>
>>138599366
Miura will just go the easy route and make the Elf King claim that Caska will remain a retard forever
>>
File: 1446322095382.gif (2 MB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
1446322095382.gif
2 MB, 288x216
>>138565740
>four kings
>>
>>138599285
>The last good introduction was the Berserker armor
That is super bullshit. Ganishka was a great character and his entire arc with the man-made behelit along with Griffith's crusade against him was awesome. Falconia is also awesome and interesting along with the new characters it introduced. And we're also on the elf island now, which we only just arrived at.

Honestly I think the rate of chapters being released is just skewing people's opinion on recent events. I mean, it took years to get through Golden Age if you were reading it as it released, you realize?
>>
>>138599452
His sales would drop a lot if he ever did that

>>138599493
PRAISE THEM BROTHER!
>>
>>138567408
I wish serpico could survive, I mean just killing the loli witch or Farnese is enough to split up the group ( not to mention Farnese isnt needed anymore now that Caska will regain her sanity )
>>
File: guts.jpg (309 KB, 1024x735) Image search: [Google]
guts.jpg
309 KB, 1024x735
I honestly just want it to go back to just Guts and puck again. you know, guts and puck having Dark gritty, fun adventures like in The black swordsman arc. Good times...
>>
>>138566144
Yes batman guts is just terrible , houndface all the way.
>>
yes
because of idol shit
>>
File: 1448382166558.jpg (3 MB, 2866x2052) Image search: [Google]
1448382166558.jpg
3 MB, 2866x2052
>>138599635
>His sales would drop a lot if he ever did that
And killing off a party member wont? Its the safe way out with maximum suffering

>The last good introduction was the Berserker armor just for the simple fact that although it's an insane upgrade, the price for that is equally tremendous.
Which are displayed once against Grunbeld while he was already wounded before equipping it. It feels like a really cheap power-up device, especially since Schierke can control his sanity which was basically the only downside to it. Unless Miura kills her off which is highly unlikely
>>
>>138563361
Aside from the casksa drag along, the series seems fine. but fuck the whole caska thing and how long it's been dragging on.
>>
>>138599285
>>138599869
forgot to quote
>>
>>138599869
>And killing off a party member wont? Its the safe way out with maximum suffering
I honestly think not as much since I've seen a lot of people subscribing to the idea that as long as Guts and Casca stay together all else could die around them

The other greentext was not mine, just so you know in case you want to quote the right guy
>>
is this a 1v1 FC or free for all pit
>>
>>138599998
>since I've seen a lot of people subscribing to the idea that as long as Guts and Casca stay together all else could die around them
You're underestimating Japan's shit taste
>>
>>138597897
The Berserk world is pretty open about the philosophy of
>You don't get shit unless you lose something
but that seems like a stretch, Guts at this point in time would never sacrifice an ally for his own goals, A bunch of innocent people he doesn't know? Sure, you bet he would.
As the Godhand stated though, a sacrifice means nothing if it doesn't have value to you.
However no, I just can't see him ever sacrificing little witch or Puck for Casca.
>>
File: 3214124-1088164850-whata.png (426 KB, 480x450) Image search: [Google]
3214124-1088164850-whata.png
426 KB, 480x450
>>138566144
>Batman Guts is fucking ugly

Kill yourself
>>
File: 1415109067943.png (1 MB, 1246x1800) Image search: [Google]
1415109067943.png
1 MB, 1246x1800
>>138566144
Should've stuck to the OG, but batman ain't bad either, gives me an impression of a dark knight
>>
>>138600142
I see him choosing the loli/Puck over Casca too.
However, I CAN see him regrettably choosing Farnese as a sacrifice for Casca. This would cause a nice conflict with Serpico.
>>
>>138563361
berserk post-festival arc was a slow descent into utter shit. it's because miura decided to lose the subtle magic of the series and go full on stupid western rpg bullshit and added in more stupid comedic elements that don't fit the series tonally.
>>
>>138599869
>It feels like a really cheap power-up device
Shounenfags need not apply to Berserk. Seriously, take your shit opinions and go back to some stupid powerleveling anime thread.
>>
>>138572548
>reeks too much of tolkien.
Don't talk shit about Tolkien.
>>
Why do people get so triggered by the movies? The CGI may be spotty at times but at least it allows for more fluid animation than the traced still frames of the first series.

None of the subplots cut were really all that important, either. I think they did a good job of fitting the golden age into 4 and a half hours
>>
File: EgtZ7.jpg (155 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
EgtZ7.jpg
155 KB, 900x900
>>138595375
>>
>>138579916
Nothing personnel, kidd

Miura's callbacks and foreshadowing are fucking amazing
Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.