[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I remember seeing somewhere that this was a spiritual sequel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 25953l.jpg (94 KB, 318x450) Image search: [Google]
25953l.jpg
94 KB, 318x450
I remember seeing somewhere that this was a spiritual sequel to Utena. Is that true? Is it any good?
>>
They share staff in one or two people, I think.
>>
in relating it to Utena, it's got highschool duelists with an episodic progression contributing to an overarching storyline and both created by Enokido. Utena is much darker but SD has its very real moments. most of the complaints i've seen local to /a/ are related to the formulaic episode layout of "introduce opponent, give background info, conflict, fight, end episode" but it wouldn't really work any other way. Also complaints about Takuto asspulling victories but that's general dumb shitposting. I was hooked from the first episode as I have a weakness for mecha-romance and shrine maidens (especially singing ones). watch it or don't, a lot of people liked it and you'll usually get a reply or two if you make more threads but it's like 6 years old at this point so nobody's even around who was here at the time of airing anymore. Just watch the first episode and check out the op/eds as they're great.
>>
>>138678450
Why don't you watch it and tell as later?
>>
>>138678450
It's fun, but not as good as Utena. The tone it's different.
>>
File: huff!.jpg (4 KB, 104x125) Image search: [Google]
huff!.jpg
4 KB, 104x125
>>138679280
>you'll never watch Star Driver with /a/ again
>>
>>138678450
Watching it with every week with /a/ was a blast. I don't know if watching it now, all at once, can compare.

Innocent Blue is the best Maiden song. Monochrome shitters go home.
>>
>>138678450
It's not.
Enokido is not Ikuhara.
>>
>>138679280
Fuck, Is SD really six years old?
This has to be a joke
>>
>>138678450
The only good thing that came out of watching Captain Earth was learning this existed, and subsequently that the Little Prince did too. Good book.
>>
>>138681293
Are there people who don't think think Innocent Blue is the best?
>>
>>138682251
Most people liked Monochrome best back in the day.
>>
>>138682251
I'm fonder of keito's song.
>>
>>138678450
Shit anime with a shit ending. Bitch not being to choose her man even though she clearly loves galactic boy made the ending even more shitty.
>>
>>138682575
Wako was shit anyway so it doesn't matter.
>>
File: CUBES.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
CUBES.webm
3 MB, 800x450
CUBES
U
B
E
S
>>
>>138681397
He wrote Utena.
>>
>>138683696
God damn Star Driver looked so good.
>>
>>138683766
No shit.
>>
File: 1422776141636.webm (2 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1422776141636.webm
2 MB, 720x405
>>138683816
I'm still mad CE didn't look anywhere near as good.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.