[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will people stop pretending like this is good? Will nostalgiafags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 5
File: supersand.jpg (444 KB, 2560x1438) Image search: [Google]
supersand.jpg
444 KB, 2560x1438
When will people stop pretending like this is good? Will nostalgiafags ever grow out of this shit show?
>>
>>136285091
Its probably because you're watching BioBroly
>>
>>136285125
BioBroly wasn't the only shit thing about Dragon Ball Z. It was literally one big piece of shit as a series.
>>
>>136285091
Looking at all the autistic and retarded posts on /a/, insulting each other over which anime are greater when all they rate is cute faces, tits and ass, it's pretty obvious that the only manga readers and anime watchers who don't have a screw loose are fans of shonen and seinen, because they are the only ones that I have never seen shitting up a place, shitposting and arguing about stuff that others enjoy.
Meanwhile on /a/, the board for retards, fatasses and idiots talking about how patrician they are and that everything with a plot instead of cute girlfaces is shit.

If you weren't such wimps willing to lick every woman's feet, then you would be able to have a chance at a gf in real life.
People say my little pony or furryfags are bad, but the moefaggots on /a/ are the shithole where all the cancer spreads from.

Normalfags say anime is bad. No, it's moeshitters like the people on /a/ who are worthless insects. Disgusting people like you guys are the sole reason anime is generally considered shit for manchildren.

And partly they are right, most of you are indeed manchildren. Very few actually read good seinen and most good manga don't get a good anime adaptation cause the anime industry is full of fat losers who would spend their entire cash from their mcdonalds work for anime girl figurines, posters and sex dolls.

absolutely disgusting.
>>
>Watching the anime
>>
>>136285224
>Implying Dragon Ball Z is good shonen
>Shonen is a genre
>>
wtf. Dragonball and Dragonball Z are my childhood, you fag. But Super is fucking bad.
>>
>>136285752
Just because it's nostalgic doesn't make it good. Dragon Ball Z was a piece of shit compared to Dragon Ball.
>>
>>136285224
tldr lol
>>
>>136285091
https://youtu.be/XebyKpo6A9s
>>
>>136286525
How is this any different from when Goku went SSJ for the first time vs Frieza?
>>
>>136285224
Y.. you fucking get it.

Thank you dude. Its like people complain about the DBZ anime because its too western only to passively masturbate to underage children and think theyre watching anime when its just Japan catching on to this and releasing less and less story driven anime in favor for bullshit for the moefags.

Seriously man, thank you. You fucking get it.
>>
>>136285224
>>136286673
When did anyone even mention moeshit or loli in this thread? You assume that because not everyone likes your poorly written nostalgic shit that they hate shounen or like moeshit. DBZ fans are seriously fucking delusional.
>>
>>136285091
I know for a fact that DBZ, and especially the Buu saga is good because I actually rewatched the fucking thing a few months ago and it still held up.

The only problem(s) I noticed were that the pacing can be a bit slow. I heard Kai fixes this so there you go.
>>
>>136286778
Im only here to laugh at how much you hate this show even though in reality its just average yet everyone on /a/ watches below average garbage. Yes, I can acknowledge the problems with the show. Howeber, the show had character arcs and development, interesting characters like Future Trunks, the plot continually kept outdoing itself (even in its worst majin buu saga in some aspects).

Is it overrated? Yes. Is it bad in a lot of ways? Yes. But is it good in a lot of ways? Yes.
>>
>>136286836
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH_CcJ-uBWI
Yes anon, "muh power levelz" are so good.
>>
>>136286904
>not liking Goku's SS3 transformation
And you call me the one with the shit taste.
>>
>>136286778
god damn, you are so transparent.
either you are trolling as lazily as possible or you are so immature you can't let others enjoy what they want to without throwing a bitch fit.
take your choice.
>>
>>136286904
Theres so much other shit here you could complain about, not even sure why you care about DBZ if youre not even gonna bother watching it
>>
>>136285091
It made sense when Gohan went Supersaiyan. He trained his ass off with another super saiyan for like a year. It also made sense that he went SS2 because it had been foreshadowed since the start of Z. Goten and Trunk just magically being born as super saiyans made 0 sense.

I think pretending the series ends after Cell or Frieza is the best way to get a fulfilling end out of this series.
>>
>>136286902
It's bad in more ways than it is good.
>>136286930
The VA literally passed out from screaming too much.
>>136286946
>You can't let others enjoy what they want to without throwing a bitch fit.
Welcome to /a/, enjoy your shit sandwich anon.
>>
>>136287015
To be fair, even Goku taught that the power of the Super Saiyan comes from the need, not the strength during Gohan's training. Goten transformed while training with Chi Chi probably because he needed it considering he was just a child with a low power level.

Is it a bad reason? Yes, but its still there. They got us on a technicality there.
>>
>>136286930
I'm not trying to start an argument. But why do you like the ssj3 transformation?
>>
>>136287088
>literally shakes the planet
>tons of screaming which has a perfect balance between a feeling of power and rage
>shits all over previous transformations
>>
>>136286980
But anon, I did watch it. It's pretty fucking shit and I'm just curious as to why it gets more shine than Dragon Ball which is lightyears better.
>>
>>136287085
That reason is complete bullshit because if that's all it took then every Saiayan on Vegeta would have went SS when they needed to fight Freiza.
>>
>>136285091
FUCK YOU DON'T DENY MY CHILDHOOD
>>
>>136287125
I personally can't get over how retarded I think it looks. But at least you have legit reasons.
>>
ITT: Nostalgia fags defending a turd they kept in the freezer since grade school.
>>
>>136287088
Not the one who defended it, but can name a few reasons:
1. So powerful it drained Goku's time allowed in the human realm
2. Was considered to be the backup plan to beating Majin Buu if I remember correctly
3. Only Gotenks and Goku have ever ahieved SS3. No one else in the entire series.
4. Having Goku come back to meet up with the Z fighters after the so many years only to have a new transformation both reinforced his character and showed that the possibilities with them learning more and more about themselves was endless (taken a step further in that saga with the Vegito fusion)
>>
>>136285091
It's 30 years old. There's nothing you can do beside keep throwing your autistic bitch fits. Quality doesn't determine if something is good, and it certainly doesn't determine if it lasts. Crawl out of the vagina you call your ass.
>>
>>136287282
>Quality doesn't determine if something is good
Are you retarded?
>>
>>136287317
I think he meant QUALITY
>>
This entire post is retarded
>>
>>136285091

What does it matter

We grew up on it

Gives you perspective and holds to a nostalgia factor

If you didn't like the Cell saga then kill yourself
>>
>>136287172
Nothing else to do today, huh?
>>
When will people stop pretending like this is a shit show? Will edgelords ever grow out of this ?
>>
>>136287376
Missed the Gate thread?
>>
>>136287357
Something that really irritated me about the Cell Saga was that Cell didn't utilize his Saiyan cells and simply blow himself up over and over and over again to amplify is power to unfathomable levels.

After all it's a well known fact that Saiyans become many times more powerful each time they recover from near death.
>>
>look mom i posted it again
>l-look mom
>l-look mom i posted it again
>Look Mom I Posted It Again!
>LOOK MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN!
>I FUCKING POSTED IT!
>AGAIN!
>>
Every DBZ saga follows the same format. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>136287432
The irony here is amazing.
>>
>>136287423
After the first 'resurrection' he got cocky and didnt think Gohan could overpower his kamehameha, thus Gohan obliterating every last cell of the wretched monster.

To me that was satisfying
>>
>>136287134
But they didn't fight Frieza. They were dead before they even knew he was up to something.
>>
>>136287134
Gohan was conceived before Goku could go SSJ. I read somewhere (DBZ: BT2 i think) that going SSJ is a lot easier for Saiyans if the parents are SSJ.
>>
>>136287433
Character development. The entire show lead up to Gohan finally unlocking his hidden potential that they kept bringing up in every single saga, then him acknowledging the differences between his father and himself, where he always had an internal struggle between Chi Chi and Goku's influence on him.
>>
>>136285091
Probably never. I doubt I'm the only one who thinks that the world would have been a better place if Toriyama had been shot and killed right after Dragon Ball. Now we're haunted by his bullshit for eternity.
>>
>>136287483
They're a fucking warrior race that is brutishly intolerant of failure. You're telling me that every time a Saiyan Warrior had to fight to the death he never once needed Super Saiyan power?
>>
>>136285091
I like the frieza saga the most

the animosity for frieza and the fights were both awesome
>>
>>136287566
There were plenty of other super saiyans way before their time. Also dont forget that Vegeta had to let go of trying to be better than Goku for him to unlock the power. That itself shows its also more than just a defense mechanism.
>>
>>136287566
Clearly not.
>>
>>136287483
Why didn't King Vegeta go SSJ? And why did it take Bardock to travel through time to turn SSJ?
>>
>>136287566
Most Saiyans were weak as fuck.

Vegeta and Nappa were considered the strongest Saiyans before their planet got death balled and their power levels were only 18,000 and 5,000 respectively.

Saiyans got stronger after fight but they also had very short lifespans because of their lifestyle and culture. Killing the weak tends to prevent from them training back up doesn't it?
>>
You know what?
Power levels are fucking bullshit. DBZ has no sense of internal consistency to speak of.
>>
>>136287672
Inconsistent writing. Make no mistake, I'm not making excuses for this shit. It just is what it is.
>>
>Power levels and transformations
>Anything more than a plot device
DBZ fans actually think this way.
>>
>>136287701
All movies and tv shows are the same get over yourself
>>
>>136287697
Yet people think it's acceptable because muh childhood.
>>
>>136287721
Except that's wrong you fucking idiot.
>>
>>136287728
There was more to DBZ than just power levels, it was just a big part of it in the beginning. Once SS1 was introduced they barely even mentioned it afterwards
>>
File: 1395543783002.jpg (327 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
1395543783002.jpg
327 KB, 950x534
>>136287746
You may find this more useful than I.
>>
>>136287751
That's because it became obsolete once they started becoming so stupidly strong.
>>
>>136287746
Protagonist is introduced
Threat!
Learns current known knowledge of the situation from other source
Dives into the unknown to learn the truth
Finds himself while doing so
Transformation of the character occurs
Triumphs over adversity, ends up in a better place than when they started.

Almost every movie and tv show follows this formula with exception here and there. Fuck you.
>>
>>136287790
Are you trying to complain about the Hero's Journey storyline? It sounds like that's what you're really trying to do.
>>
>>136287803
No, but dont go around shitting on others shows when i could just as very well easily do the same with your whatever the hell you watch and just leave people alone
>>
>>136287790
Congrats, you figured out that every story has a conflict and resolve. Wouldn't be much of a story without those would it? However, not every story is as bad and predictable as the one you're defending.
>>
Dragonball should be shunned the same way Naruto is.

It attracts the same crowd of 14 year olds.
>>
>>136287847
Obviously, I said way further up the show is just average. Doesnt deserve alot of the attention it gets, but doesnt deserve the hate either
>>
>>136287833
Go watch Evangelion then. It's all about a story of failure and dealing with the consequences of your actions.
>>
>>136287887
What show do you think deserves the type of attention DBZ gets?
>>
>>136287911
I didnt ask for a recommendation, and trust me I dont watch DBZ 24-7 I think I'd kill myself with all the filler it has
>>
>>136287887
HxH was average. DBZ is just repetitive shit.
>>
>>136287920
Well desu i kinda hate /a/ in general bc all these threads ever do is just post jackoff material. Not trying to glorify a specific show at all, just defend a show I like (but I can acknowledge is just average) from shitposters who think it's worse than it actually is.
>>
File: WEAK SHIT.jpg (225 KB, 1896x716) Image search: [Google]
WEAK SHIT.jpg
225 KB, 1896x716
REMINDER BEERUS IS WEAKER THAN BUU
>>
>>136287911
No it's about the author's crippling depression disorder.
>>
>>136287965
Repetitive fighting wise, but it kept building the characters over the length of the show so again its not bad.
>>
>>136288004
I highly doubt Anno self inserts as Shinji. If anything he self inserts as Kawaru or whatever his name is. The manipulative gay angel.
>>
>>136288035
Didn't he say in an interview that kaworu was inspired by an animator that told him "You deserve to exist"?
>>
>>136288003
Super is such a fucking mess, more so than DB/DBZ had ever been. Toriyama really should have just left it alone or worked on an alternate universe.
>>
>>136288031
Character development built off of retarded asspulls and plot devices so yeah, it's pretty bad.
>>
File: Stop-liking-what-I-dont-like.jpg (207 KB, 680x473) Image search: [Google]
Stop-liking-what-I-dont-like.jpg
207 KB, 680x473
>>136285091
Grow up kid.
>>
>>136288113
Just leave it alone, theres plenty of other animes for you to indulge in, its not bothering anyone and its like 25 years old
>>
>>136285091

Listen here you fucking idiot.

Dragon Ball, to this day, is one of the only shonen that's captured sheer power and engaging fights, while also maintaining a great storyline throughout with lovable and iconic characters. It did this without fanservice, without stupid swords, without forced romance, and without overly complicated aspects. It was simple to pick up, and yet extremely engaging. The lore of the universe is deep enough to get nerds interested, and the power ups are there to excite normalfags too.

Have you ever read the Androids saga? No, of course you haven't, because if you had you wouldn't go on /a/ like a little sperg trying to make a point. It's some of the best manga ever written, and it's aged like a jewel.

I'm sorry that you watched a few episodes of the shitty ANIME DUB, formed your opinion based on that, and made a crappy little thread with no basis 3 minutes later to piss off ''nostalgiafags''

I didn't even grow up with DBZ and I can still tell it's superior in many aspects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aovcg4CgaBI
>>
>>136288439
>Calls anime dub shitty
>Posts dub
Dragon Ball is good, Dragon Ball Z isn't.
>>
>>136288535

It's the Kai dub, so it IS good.

Oh god, are you seriously one of those ''HURR DRAGON BALL IS BETTER THAN DBZ'' people?

I've read the entire fucking manga, and I can assure you that the later chapters are much better in pretty much every aspect. People praise the early chapters like they were some holy grail, even though the humor was repetitive and crude, the fights were much shorter, and Goku's naive personality eventually became too predictable. Granted, they were very good, but it really picked up after King Piccolo and only went upwards from there when Raditz arrived.

Unless youre a pleb, DB and DBZ aren't separate entities, they're one story. And that story is very good.
>>
>>136288685
>DB and DBZ aren't separate entities
No fucking shit. However, DB was about adventure and making friends while DBZ was all about muh powerlevelz. Any moron with a brain can tell the different themes just by watching or reading it. I personally liked it better when side characters actually had relevance to the story.
>>
>>136288439
>Tears Of Grief
God I miss Kai's ost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFUbpveLiEs
>>
>>136288799

It really wasn't about power levels. That aspect was dropped after the Namek saga. And even when it did focus on power contests, it was satisfying and refreshing, especially at the time it was made, considering it was the first manga to do this.

Dragon Ball wasn't just about making friends and adventuring, either. It was an action comedy. It was gags, then fights, then both at the same time. Characters were introduced, then immediately dropped after their time was done. At least the later chapters gave us amazing characters like Piccolo Jr. and Vegeta, that actually stuck around.

You should actually watch or read it in full if you want to make a judgement.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.