[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mawaru Penguindrum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: penguindrum.png (561 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
penguindrum.png
561 KB, 1280x720
Can we talk about this show? I'd probably give it a 9/10. Everything from the art to the OST was fantastic. The plot was a little confusing at times, but it was all explained in the end. Can anyone explain the significance of the penguins to me?
>>
Penguins are wobbly like the show's plot.
>>
>>122316133
Elaborate?
>>
>>122315561

I loved the show as well, but sadly I doubt you will get much interesting discussion about it around here. Everyone watched it as it was airing and talked every aspect of it to death. Check the archive for a ton of discussion from back then.

If you liked Penguindrum and are not watching Yurikuma I suggest picking it up, it gets pretty lively discussion threads on Mondays when it airs. Also you should watch Utena if you haven't seen it already. Ikuhara is great if you are into the sort of weird surrealist symbolism-heavy shit he produces.
>>
>>122315561
The penguins appear to be Ikuhara's idiosyncratic way of injecting humour into the series. The whole thing is surreally funny alongside the darkness, so having penguins for no reason isn't pretty strange.

The penguins are also used to reflect what's going on with their characters. It adds a layer of meaning to their actions I suppose.
>>
kanba
did
nothing
wrong
>>
File: seizon senryaku1.jpg (149 KB, 1060x1120) Image search: [Google]
seizon senryaku1.jpg
149 KB, 1060x1120
>>
File: excuse me.png (21 KB, 363x154) Image search: [Google]
excuse me.png
21 KB, 363x154
>>122321388
>>
>>122321340
He did everything wrong.
>>
>>122315561
>Can anyone explain the significance of the penguins to me?

Penguins have to go out to the sea to find food, but there are always predators in the water waiting for them. None of the penguins are brave enough to take the first step, so they all flock to the edge of the ice until it gets so crammed one is pushed into the water. After one falls, the rest all dive in after it. That's what they talked about during that one zoo scene. I guess it's supposed to mean that people are like penguins or something.

tl;dr hurr symbolism
>>
>>122315561
>The plot was a little confusing at times, but it was all explained in the end.

not everything, maybe what was the pinguindrum itself and what happened to it during the whole serie. You better search for some interpretations in blogs, because some events are based on real japanese historical events like the terror act.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.