[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Utawarerumono Itsuwari no Kamen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
A continuation thread in which we complain about the differences between the game and the anime.

Apparently the director never actually played the game, which explains a lot.
>>
I would have preferred poorly animated fight scenes to Haku shoveling shit and Rurutie's BL jokes.
>>
You guys are a bunch of crybabies, the changes aren't even major. If you call this a bad adaptation then you must have not seen actual bad adaptations.

>Apparently the director never actually played the game, which explains a lot.
Considering the game was barely out when the anime started airing, it was to be expected.

>>135921099
>"lawful stupid", "autistic", "boisterous solder" aren't stereotypes, they're just descriptions.
Autistic may be a description (though Aruru does behave like the typical loner and silent type, autistic is just shorter to call her), but lawful stupid and boisterous soldier are stereotypes alright. Also Urutori does behave like a typical Onee-san in the anime adaptation.

>think the anime did a good enough job with the magic rabbit episode along with her banter with Karura
I think they should've done something to show how naive she was, or how easy she trusted people and how little she knew of the real world (like making babies). She only comes out as an obsessive, honor-bound bodyguard that likes cute things.

>you're supposed to get rid of internal dialogue when moving from a written medium to a moving one. rule #1 of cinematography is to show, not say.
Which is why I said it's not that particular adaptation's problem, but I do think they could've done a better work in showing Hakuoro's view about other characters. For example, most of the time in the adaptation he acted distant and mature (aside from ditching paperwork), but when Eruru got mad about finding him with Karura one night he suddenly started acting like a teenager and goes around acting worried about it, something you wouldn't have expected without understanding his inner thoughts.
>>
>Never actually played the game.
Recipe for disaster right there. This is why you shouldn't make the anime while the game's still in production.
>>
>>135921879
>Considering the game was barely out when the anime started airing

Does anyone know how long the game was actually in development for?

I'd imagine that they'd at least have half of the game completed at the time anime production started.
>>
>>135922589
Even then they probably only handed a basic script to White Fox and called it a day.

As far as I know (from the complaints last thread) there have been only minor changes in the adaptation, with some cut scenes (which was obviously going to happen) and some changed details like the arrow catching. The only big change to a character seems to be Atui not being a berserker princess, but they could probably put that aspect of her in the following episodes.

My guess is that they filled the first cour with baths and fujo jokes because they removed the gameplay. It wasn't the best choice, since they could've picked some actual game scenes, but the adaptation is far from ruined, it's still a solid show and honestly people should wait until it's over before complaining so much.

At least we're out of Bath Namek.
>>
>>135922589
It was announced in 2011, but it probably didn't take four years to make.
>>
what
>>
Now listen here.

I like this anime.

I liked the OVA, I liked the specials, and I liked the original series.
>>
>only the first and last kills of the episode had blood

REEEEEEEEEEEE.
>>
>>135923700
What do you mean what.
>>
This is just sad. When did you realize how moe SOL shit destroys anime?
>>
>>135921530

>catches an arrow aimed at your eye while pressing her boobs against the back of your head

truly, best cat
>>
>>135925217
She's a bat
>>
The one thing that pisses me off from this ep is that Haku is a spineless coward and even the girls know exactly what they're doing even death is inevitable. Why didn't the writer just make another competent MC like Hakuoro?
>>
Every moment Nosuri is on screen is the best moment of that episode
>>
>>135921530
>Apparently the director never actually played the game, which explains a lot.
How do you expect him to play the game when it was released only a short time before the anime began airing? Anime isn't made a week before each episode is shown.
>>
>>135925305
They tried to make someone who is more down to earth and easygoing.
>>
>>135922019
I hope if they do do an anime for 3, then it's for a PC release years down the line.

The first anime had the benefit of the game being out for many years.
>>
File: 54642225_p0.jpg (452 KB, 946x1243) Image search: [Google]
54642225_p0.jpg
452 KB, 946x1243
>>
>>135921530
Its an adaptation, not copypasta of source material. THe point is stil carried across.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.