[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to finish up the black rose arc on this, and despite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1.jpg (200 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
200 KB, 1024x768
I'm about to finish up the black rose arc on this, and despite everyone's praise for this show it's really been a grind watching it
Now I've definitely heard that this arc is questionable at best, but please tell me it gets better because this shit is really starting to get repetitive
>>
>>135595641
It does pick up, but it doesn't really stop being repetitive. More like it moves into another cycle of its structure.
>>
>>135595641
The repetitiveness is literally linked to the story. Drop it if you don't like it I suppose.
>>
>>135595763
repetitive might not be the right word, I guess "formulaic" would be better
>character's motives are established and trampled
>they go to counseling chamber and get ring
>they go to the object of their emotions and get a weapon
>wacky stained glass scene with 2 girls doing a sketch bit explaining the situation in a roundabout way
>recycled "journey to the school counsel tower thing" followed by a 2 minute fight that utena wins every time
>recycled scene of pink hair man shooting a coffin into put of fire and saying oh well another failure we'll get her next time
>everything is daijobu the end
>>135595911
It's not even that I disliked the black rose arc or even the formulaic nature of it, once it started giving the spotlight to literally whos I found myself skipping through episodes
>>
>>135596272
>I guess "formulaic" would be better
Yeah, once the arc ends a new one starts with a new formula, but it's mostly the old formula with new imagery

That's the way the show it structured. Within that structure it's delivering the stories for the various characters.
>>
>>135596639
Why is this show so highly praised then
I mean it's alright so far, it's had a couple of really good episodes but it's mostly just ok
Is it one of those things that takes until the very end and then it all comes together?
>>
>>135596724
- The character interaction is really amusing, specially since everyone is just a scumbag in some way or another
- The 'mysteries' of the world are very interesting
- Music and imagery is pretty cool
- Nanami's comedy episodes are a blast to watch
- Climax of the show is pretty good
>>
>>135597135
I completely agree on all of those things
I was going to finish it regardless, I mean I'm more than halfway done with it anyways, just trying to get some feedback I guess
>>
>>135596724

Keep watching and you'll understand.

The Black Rose arc was the worst part of the show.
>>
>>135595641
You're right, but the last arc is by far the best and has the most variety. You actually get to see shit progress properly.
>>
>>135595641
I stalled on the black rose arc for a few months and then watched the rest in a few sittings when I came back to it, if that helps OP.
>>
>>135598905
I'm doing the exact same thing, I've been on this fucking section of the show since summer time
>>
I first watched when I was 15, and a couple episodes into black rose arc was where I stopped. I came back to the series about eight years later, watching from the beginning, and it all came together by the end. I am watching it again, nearly ten years later, this time with my girlfriend, and we just got through the arc.
>>
>>135595641
>despite everyone's praise for this show it's really been a grind watching it

This is what people think when they are a newfag used to watching seasonal 12 episode shows and have never sat through a proper 52 episode plus anime before.
>>
>>135600296
>trying to fit in this hard
>>
>>135600487
That really isn't fitting in on /a/, most posters here are seasonal babies who haven't seen an anime made before 2008 that isn't Evangelion.
>>
>>135596724
>Is it one of those things that takes until the very end and then it all comes together?
Sort of. There's a reason for all the repetitiveness in-show, too.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.