[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post-Evangelion Series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
So I have this boxset (like in the pic), and I watched the whole series about 15 years ago when I was 12, but I was wondering if they ever extended it since then?

I remember watching 1 movie after which I think was "The End Of Evangelion," but that was it...
>>
No, EoE is the last of the original series.

There's an alternate series movies but it's not as good nor finished. One search on wikipedia and you would've found out.
>>
>>135581962
what's the difference between the alternate?
>>
>>135581860
There's the director's cuts for episodes 21-24, along with the movie EoE. If you watch these, you can avoid Death, Rebirth, Death (True), and Death (True)^2, as they're just rehashes of previous content.

>>135582110
It's unknown what the Rebuild series is at this point. Some say it's just a reboot, others speculate it's a sequel. We won't know until 3.0+1.0.

The first movie is similar, the second movie diverges toward the end, and the third is something completely new (and very controversial).
>>
>>135582232
So it is sorta a sequel? I haven't seen them in a long time so I don't know if I remember everything.

I saw this girl in a manga store and was wondering if she was new, because I don't remember her in the original series....
>>
>>135582503
Jesus christ dude
>>>/google/
>>
>>135582566
I read wikipedia about it, but didn't understand it. All I pretty much got from it was "reboot." Just clarifying with everyone
>>
But the true question is:
will they ever release the final
>>
>>135582503
>So it is sorta a sequel?

no, not at all. A remake.
>>
File: 1gg.jpg (898 KB, 2685x1170) Image search: [Google]
1gg.jpg
898 KB, 2685x1170
>>135581860
The only thing that's continued after the original series is Evangelion Anima: Three Years After. It's some sort of novel that was published in Dengeki Hobby and has never been translated.

It's also bugfuck crazy.
>>
File: 1432270909163.gif (382 KB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
1432270909163.gif
382 KB, 704x480
>>135581962
>but it's not as good
This is this guy's opinion. In my opinion it is great. Watch it anyways. Then read the original manga (not the spin-offs) it got completed recently and is available at your book store. Really well worth it for the alternative turn of events.
>>
>>135585317
>the manga got completed recently
Oh, good. I had given up on this years ago.
>>
>>135585317
Stay mature, Misato

Still best girl.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.