[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: gundam-reconguista.jpg (114 KB, 300x424) Image search: [Google]
gundam-reconguista.jpg
114 KB, 300x424
What went wrong?
>>
oh shit i hope this thread gets as autistic as the last one

Actual answer, tomino has no idea what hes doing anymore and has regressed in every way since turn-A, the series lacks any form of direction and is too caught up in making some message about the incompetance of adults in the disaster relief of the japanese earthquake that it ends up telling a night incoherent storyline with characters whose sole purpose is to spout exposition instead of forming any form of character to their personality. Its just one giant mess that wastes a potentially cool world.

If only g-reco was made like turn-a was and not this mecha of the week garbage with poor info-dumping. Fucking age was even better than this cause while age gen 3 was the worst thing ever at least gen 1 and 2 had moments here and there, thats more than i can say for this show which has yet t have one good moment so far and were almost done with this shit already, only 2 cour
>>
>>120647192
Only 2 cours.
>>
File: eyjp.gif (2 MB, 320x228) Image search: [Google]
eyjp.gif
2 MB, 320x228
>>120648728
>>
>>120647192
It's not dumb enough for retards like >>120648728
>>
You've gotta be kidding me. This show is great.

Look, Tomino is pretty against clear-cut exposition, which is why things are muddy, but the story makes perfect sense.

* Hundreds of years after humanity leapt to the stars and nearly destroyed themselves, mankind is back on its own two feet.

* The world is kept running by a pacifist, anti-spacewar religion that acts as a mediator between earthnoids and the space colony Towasanga known as SU-Cordism.

* The major nations on Earth are still going to war, but the technology is far behind what mankind used to have. Said lost futuretech is handled by the "Rose of Hermes Foundation" managed by a family of spacenoids known as the Rayhuntons.

* There is a major unsaid problem with certain spacenoids immigrating to earth and leaking technology that most people agree is too great to be possessed.

* The current generation has no connection at all to past wars, and this means that many of the children and young adults of the setting are eager to reclaim lost technology(or in the case of spacenoids, technology they have no access to as well as earth's bounty), and everyone is eager to go to war, because they don't know war's strife.

* A single spaceship transports planet earth's energy welfare that keeps humanity from dying for good once a year. It cannot be reverse-engineered and it is implied that Rayhunton technology operates on nuclear bomb to black hole generator/higgs boson manipulation scale.

* One of Towasanga's many factions sends a spy in a super-experimental top-secret forbiddentech design to go spy on Earth. The pilot is caught and suffers from temporary amnesia and mental injury due to oxygen deprivation. Amerian irregulars/privateers gain possession of the G-Self, which can only be used properly by certain people, due to something known as the "Rayhunton Code" present in an eyescan.
>>
>>120647192
I will say it honestly; No show should need 18 episodes to finally get to the main plot.

That is the fundamental "opening" flaw of this series. There might be more to come. Or it may all have a payoff.

We'll see, I suppose.

But yeah, 18 eps and just now getting the plot chugging is a big no no in my book. I usually cut shows off at the ep 5-10 range if they don't hook me.
>>
>>120647192
The first episode left a fucking bad aftertaste.
The pacing was so horrible and all over the place I thought I mistakenly watched episode 3.

Not until ep 6 that the pacing started to get better, but by then, I have put on the mindset that everyone is the show is autistic.
>>
>>120649548
>No show should need 18 episodes to finally get to the main plot.
Oh look another retard
>>
>>120649254

* A spacenoid faction known as the Dorette Fleet are eager to use their technological supremacy and access to futuretech, which spacenoids still have, in order to bully Earth and recolonize it with themselves.

* The Amerian President's son wants to capture the G-Self and futuretech for himself, so he can take over Earth and subvert the energy spoonfeeding welfare system that keeps earth running currently.

*The Amerian Irregulars are interested in maintaining peace for various reasons, mostly because they have the G-Self, and so are in everyone's crosshairs. Everyone wants to use them as pawns. Most of them are philosophically opposed to the energy welfare supported by SU-Cordism

*The SU-Cordism religion has been mostly taken over by a militaristic wing headed by a secret Rayhunton, who wants to accomplish THINGS. He does not seem to respect earthnoids much, and is a definite warhawk, as beliefs go. Motives: Unknown, but they also want the G-Self.

*Our main characters are heirs to the Rayhunton Family, who were secreted away to Earth and had their pasts hidden from everyone, including themselves for unknown reasons

* The moon colony Towasanga, center of spacenoid population, is a piece of shit beaten up mess, and most of the people there want to get the fuck out and go to earth.

* If people war in space or the super-secret technology flagship that delivers earth's energy welfare is in danger, the welfare system might just SHUT DOWN, and people can be executed for acting foolishly around it.

Five-faction betrayalfests while pretending to be at peace, while plotting genocidal shit and not even knowing the ramifications of their actions.

G-Reco is a show about how a generation that has only known peace can easily ruin everything by taking peace for granted.
>>
I'll wait for the BD but i think it will be entertaining with a mildly confusing plot.
>>
>>120649598
So what Im gathering from you is that defenders of G-reco can only reply with calling people retards?
>>
>>120649885

That's the extent of /m/'s intelligence.
>>
>>120649950
Well i guess saying defenders of G-reco is a wrong statement, the guy calling everyone retards is clearly 1 dude who cant debate to save his life. there are some chill defenders of the show out there and that guys just makes them look worse.
>>
File: sakib.png (257 KB, 567x323) Image search: [Google]
sakib.png
257 KB, 567x323
>>120647192
I like it.
>>120649885
No one force you to watch it.
>>
>>120649885

I won't call you a retard, but I will say that Tomino is not the kind of guy who favors rote exposition, and prefers to show the way the world is by exploring it actively.

His characters get confused easily, make mistakes, and do stupid shit a lot. Because that's what people do.

Yes, it takes a lot of time to understand the full extent of the story. But that is kind of charming in a way, to avoid all the basic exposition that usually happens up front, and instead see things unfold and make the connections yourself after puzzling them through.

It's like going to a foreign place where you know nothing, and having to figure out the context of everything that is happening. The characters being stupid and silly is nice, and they USUALLY still come off as decent people, except when he is intentionally making a TERRIBLE person.

I like Tomino's approach. It's refreshing to see dialogue that is meandering, and not deal with expositional monologues. The pacing thing with Raraiya's BRAIN PROBLEMS feels too convenient, but other than that, everything in the series makes sense for the most part, right now.
>>
>>120650027
The no one forced you to watch it argument is such BS, its not a long show and some of us actually want to humor the possibility something could improve even if it seems unlikely, something can be terrible and still hold entertainment and be an object of interest.
>>
>>120647192
fuckawful pacing and insufficient character build up/development to let the viewer understand why characters make certain decisions and take certain actions until later

if the pacing wasn't non-existent, it'd be solid

as it is now? 4/10 depending on how things resolve
>>
File: saki1001.jpg (37 KB, 560x315) Image search: [Google]
saki1001.jpg
37 KB, 560x315
>>120650113
They are shows for everyone. If you don't like his way of storytelling then drop it.

I'm not a fan of Ikuhara so I just watch a few ep to form my own opinion and then I decide to drop it or not. It's that fucking simple.
>>
>>120650458
Not him, but I just keep on watching because I watched every Gundam so I'm going to complete it
>>
>>120650113
>The no one forced you to watch it argument is such BS
Not really. Why force to watch something if you don't get it or having a hard time trying to understand it hence why people call you retarded.
>>
>>120649885
It works surprising well since detractors can't really retaliate with anything.
>>
>>120651382
by people you mean you? And can you guys just stop hiding behind the "no one forced you" argument cause whenever anyone says that they actually mean "I don't want you watching this cause i don't want you to criticize it"

And its impossible not to understand the series at this point, they literally spent 2 straight episodes doing exposition and info dumping of shit they were talking about for the 12 episodes prior, it was the same thing captain earth did and just like that show, its not smart, its convolution and only undermines shows that can leave you in the dark such as texhnolyze, rahXephon, or noein but use it as a way to build mystery. G reco just hide sinfo then info dumps it at a later episode where it serves no more purpose. Oh kuntala dont worry we will spout that every episode until halfway through the series where we spend 10 seconds saying what it means.
>>
>>120649598

Is that the best you can do, kid?

Or are you just upset that I have a point?

The show should have gotten to it's main plot sooner. It will be one of the things that will go down as a fundamental flaw of the show imo, no matter how good it might turn out.
>>
Sometimes it's interesting, sometimes I just can't help feeling lost. I don't understand who's on which side, what are their goals and why they do what they do. I understand their general motivations, but don't understand the reasons that result in a stupid little skirmish every episode. This anime suffers for not giving explanations when they're needed, and having strange dialogue that feels inappropriate. When you do a TV series that requires each episode being watched twice, you're essentially excluding the main audience, the people who watch it on TV.
>>
>>120651770
>>The show should have gotten to it's main plot sooner.
It's plot started in episode 4
>>
>>120651697
>And can you guys just stop hiding behind the "no one forced you" argument cause whenever anyone says that they actually mean "I don't want you watching this cause i don't want you to criticize it"
That's not what anyone saying. You're just blantantly wrong
>>
>>120651697
>Oh kuntala dont worry we will spout that every episode until halfway through the series where we spend 10 seconds saying what it means.
>halfway
>we learn what it it means in episode 7

Jesus fuck you people are retarded
>>
>>120652024
/a/ has declined
>>
>>120651697
>And its impossible not to understand the series at this point
Yet you and many other still don't.

>they literally spent 2 straight episodes doing exposition and info dumping of shit they were talking about for the 12 episodes prior

They were talking about Venus and the Rayhunton code 12 episodes prior?
>>
File: 1413596128471.png (166 KB, 364x417) Image search: [Google]
1413596128471.png
166 KB, 364x417
Shitty subs happened.
>>
>>120647192
Took a shit in the Gundumb, the rest is history.
>>
File: 1419748929169.jpg (462 KB, 840x1290) Image search: [Google]
1419748929169.jpg
462 KB, 840x1290
>>120651866
Here's a show that's suited for your level of intelligence. You should stick with it.
>>
>>120647192
Worse than Seed and that is saying a lot.
>>
>>120652102
>Rayhunton code 12 episodes prior
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned at some point.
>>
>>120652251
Is "go back to A/Z" an elaborate reverse troll?
It works.
>>
>>120652307
Yeah...episode one. They weren't really talking about it though
>>
>>120652357
Reverse troll? No. If G-Reco is too hard for you you should watch the other mecha offerings available
>>
Tomino being another word for shit writing and poor directing
>>
>>120652251
I love this go back to A/Z meme.
>>
>>120652277
Only /a/ is this stupid
>>
>>120652416
>/a/: masters of writing and direction

I'll just ignore all those Cross Ange and A/Z threads
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.