[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shokugeki no Soma 104
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: 21fe2628.jpg (35 KB, 400x293) Image search: [Google]
21fe2628.jpg
35 KB, 400x293
Spoilers out motherfuckers

Hayama hugs Jun
Mad dog being conforted by Alice
Not sure but apparently Souma has a phone call with his father about cooking
>>
>>120543243
That's it? Gods, the pacing of this manga is so fucking bad.
>>
>>120543243
新たなる『玉』

潤が葉山に駆け寄ると、葉山は思わず無言で潤を抱きしめる
衆人環視での出来事に、すぐさま葉山は平静を装うが吉野は見逃さなかった

一触即発の空気を抑えられない黒木場だが
そこはアリスの背中ポカポカで爆発、程よく気が抜けたか

葉山のカルパッチョをソーマ&黒木場が俺にも食わせろと詰め寄る
二人ともこれで終わりだなどと思ってなく、いつでも学年首位の座を奪う姿勢

エンドロールっぽく結果が流れる(2位・3位の区別なし)

城一郎からソーマに電話が
ソーマは葉山の皿から香りだけではなく、執念のようなものを感じていた
"ゆきひら"を出たことで、強敵と出会えた
自分の料理を探るという目標が、"ゆきひら"を継ぐ意味が生まれた

■大きな経験を得たソーマが次に目指すのは!?次号新章!!
>>
>>120543291
They are trying to milk this shit. Only reason Soma lost is so they can extend it another 150 chapters.
>>
Dropped.
>>
>>120543243
>Curryfag and not-Souma both bonding with their waifus.
>No Erina being dere for the S

Being Souma is suffering.
>>
>>120543380
Good
>>
>>120543328
Basically.

Back to training arc to find his meaning for cooking
>>
>>120543243
You mean Shokugeki no Hayama right?
>>
Souma loss was BS anyways.

This chapter is just an aftermath results.
Will see the next arc to determine the start of milking.
>>
let us ride this shit to the end /a/. ride this shit to the end.
>>
>>120543291
Soma hit it big so the editors are trying to slow down the pace hard until they can find another shounen series to milk.

Same is happening to Hero academia.
>>
>>120543316
From the spoilers, someone is crying but can't tell who.
>>
>>120543243
>Souma has a phone call with his father about cooking

Training arc inevitable,
>>
They don't give second or third places apparently.
>>
>>120543243

Welp.
Confirmed incoming training arc.

Brace yourselves.
60 chapters arc fking wasted.
>>
>>120543243
>50+ chapters of training arc
>ends with Souma realization that could be done by 1 chapter

Well, looks like they really are dragging this series
>>
>>120543721
Because all three voted for Hayama. It was not a 2-1-0 result.
>>
Dropped.
>>
>>120543243
can Tosh just do ero mangas? I will surely read it.
>>
File: B8ALYeiCUAI_su5.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
B8ALYeiCUAI_su5.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
>Literally nothing happens
>>
From another source, next arc might be around Hieizan
>>
I think there are no training arc because this whole fucking manga is soma's training story to become the greatest chief in the world.
>>
what is the purpose of this arc again?
>>
>>120543566
That's why this week's MHA has action, because it slowed down right?
>>
>>120545141
After the last chapter, not much. Most people involved still have the same opinion of Souma that they had beforehand and his crowmning achievement, showing that a non-monster can beat out prodigies, was invalidated by curryfag winning for being able to cook something unltra special no one else could, with his superior gifts.
>>
>>120545141
Souma needs a superpower because fuck efforts,without superpowers you can't be successful.
>>
No pics?
>>
>>120544994
>this whole fucking manga is soma's training story to become the greatest chief in the world.
Well given he just spent fifty chapters not progressing in any way on that journey his chances aren't good.

Hayama though, that guy's on his way to the top.
>>
File: sloppy giuseppe's.png (263 KB, 493x643) Image search: [Google]
sloppy giuseppe's.png
263 KB, 493x643
I don't understand the hate for the outcome of this arc. Hayama is a shitty character I will admit, but at least with Souma finally having his first big loss we are closer to receiving more Erina interaction. Now he has a reason to seek the power of the doki doki.
>>
>>120546146
We didn't need fifty chapters of build up to that loss is the point. That entire tournament was fucking worthless.
>>
>>120546167
That's true, but the outcome of the arc is the best we could of gotten given the circumstances.
>>
>>120546146
The issue is not the loss but the shitty way it was explained.
It wasn't even a matter of having a waifu,it basically tells you that if you don't have a superpower you and your hard work can just fuck off.
>>
>>120546146
It's not the outcome. Many are fine with Souma losing, he had it coming a long time anyway. Problem is how the author made Souma lose, as it shits on some themes and doesn't bode well for Souma's future development.
>>
Jesus Christ you guys are a bunch of fucking babies about "muh hard work lost to talent - so pointless" when Hayama worked hard too and actually gave thought to making something no one else can make. How do you expect Souma to grow as a character if he doesn't lose?
Plus where do you think seat competition is going to come from in his final year when all upperclassmen council members have left? Transfer students? Underclassmen?
>This jewels generation may have been the best in the history of Tootsuki. But these transfer students and the new generation just leave them in the dust!
For a school where only up to 5 people graduate and where this generation is super special, sure, let's make the current cast (except Souma and Erina) completely irrelevant. All of Souma's rivals in his final year will be new characters!
Who am I kidding, there WILL be a transfer student and there WILL be a prodigious underclassman (one will be a child of Doujima)
>>
>>120546146
For me problem with the outcome is that the arc leading up to it was pretty awful, and that arc is now half of the entire series. I was already sick of this tournament by around chapter 70 and now I'm not seeing what's holding me to continue reading. Actually this outcome probably sits better with me than a Kurokiba win.
>>
File: bill nye.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
bill nye.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
>>120546274
>It's not the outcome. Many are fine with Souma losing
>>
What a bunch of whiny bitches
>>
>>120546274
>Many are fine with Souma losing,
If he had lost to fishfag people wouldn't have mind but the fact that he lost to curryfag is what got people so upset.
>>
>>120546531
Oh, except you of course, snowflake-kun. Stay salty then and post reaction images to bait for an argument about semantics
>>
>>120546565
>>120546531
Were you even in the threads?
The reason people are still bitching about it is that the judges gave a middle finger to hard work,not because of the loss itself.
>>
>>120546668
Not to mention that Souma gave the impression as if he was taking the bullshit the judges fed him into consideration.
>>
Ryou got his ass handed to him in a seafood cooking contest, which is his specialty. There is no recovering from that.
>>
>>120546899
By an appetizer too.
>>
>>120543291
it's like you don't even read manga.
>>
File: 1416048513215.gif (248 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1416048513215.gif
248 KB, 480x270
the whole thread is a fucking joke and makes me feel like i'm surrounded by animeonly fags.

>waah pacing
babbys first weekly

>they're just trying to milk this
even worse than the above. you can not be fucking serious, kill yourself.

>waahhhhh currynigger won
right, and why the flying fuck are you so salty about it again?

>waahhhhhhh "buildup"
you want a hollywood climax or something? do you think this is the finale of the series? you want souma to ride into the sunset while victorious? are you stupid?
this manga is ONGOING, O N G O I N G and this is the direction the author choose to go with. why are you pretending as if souma winning was the only good, consistent or logical storytelling option?
>>
>>120547402
are you a retard?
>>
>>120543566

Editors told the author to slow the fuck down, because MAH SALES. Enjoy your snail peace.
>>
>>120547576
> snail peace
Ahh yes, we should be more civilized and never forget the days of the dreadful snail wars
>>
>>120546167
Why does winning or losing matter? If it's supposed to go the way WSJ wants it to, this series will last for 3 high school years.

Or do you faggots want everything to end before 1 year is over just like 9935835023592 other manga about high school?

If you want Tosh back to hentai, just say you want it canceled. Don't be half assed about it.
>>
>>120547538
are you?
>>
>>120547656
Did you even read the thread?
>>
>>120543243

>Souma has a phone call with his father about cooking

'Get a girlfriend, you faggot'
>>
>>120547656
I want it canceled.
>>
>>120546668
>Middle finger to hard work
>Implying Akira doesn't work hard as well
>Ignoring that Souma's pure effort still allowed him to go toe-to-toe with monsters
>Ignoring that the only difference that mattered AS STATED BY THE JUDGES, was whether or not someone has figured out what their cooking is about.
Now, fair enough if you don't agree with the last point.
The fame and recognition amongst the best chefs in the world come from the dishes that only they dared to imagine and create. Could others replicate their dishes? Sure. Heck, others could probably improve them in particular ways.
But whose face will come to mind when people eat these dishes?
From the dish, comes a style, and from there comes an identity. I believe this is what the writer was hinting.
>>
>>120547736
>I send you a present that will help you to become a great chief
>next day, a new girl is introduced
>she's Souma's fiancée
>she's his childhood friend
>>
>everyone has a cute girl to comfort them
>SouMAN gets none

Gaaay
>>
>>120547838
At least you're honest.
>>
My Japanese is absolute shit, but there we go:
>Jun rushes over to Hayama, he silently hugs her without thinking.
>Everyone looks at them suspiciously, Hayama feigns ignorance/puts up a poker face but Yoshino (angry midget from Polar Star) doesn't miss it.

>Kurokiba is about to have a complete meltdown, but the warmth of Alice's back calm his down somewhat (?)

>Souma and Kurokiba try Hayama's carpaccio.
>They both seem to think they were the one to deserve first place.

>There is only first place (Hayama), no distinction between 2nd and 3rd place.

>Souma receives a phone call from Jouichirou
>He says he felt both an aroma and a sense of tenacity from Hayama's dish (?)
>Having found a formidable enemy, a desire to find his own style of cooking and succeed "Yukihira" is born in Souma (?)
>>
>>120547877
It's a middle finger to hard work not because hayama didn't work hard,it is because the judges pretty much said that if you don't have a superpower you can just fuck off since you won't be ever be able to surpass people with talent.
Which is totally bullshit.
>The fame and recognition amongst the best chefs in the world come from the dishes that only they dared to imagine and create. Could others replicate their dishes? Sure. Heck, others could probably improve them in particular ways.But whose face will come to mind when people eat these dishes?
You're right.
Problem is that the judges said the exact opposite of that. Curry won because his dish couldn't be possibly replicated.
>>
Hayama and Jun are the real OTP of this manga

When will souma start showing feelings towards women
>>
>>120548020
>implying the director doesn't secretly have chi manipulation allowing him to heighten all 5 of his senses to god level
>>
>>120547887
Childhood archetype is already taken if i'm not mistaken, what we need is yandere, i hope knaifu will take that role.
>>
>>120548012
Wow Jun is a big fucking slut
>>
>>120548147
Her Hikaru Genji plan paid off? That's devious.
>>
>>120548063

Dude It's Shounen.
Jump MCs typically are SUPER DENSE/IGNORANT to female affection.
>>
>>120543243
>Mad dog being conforted by Alice

How does Alice do this? The Mad Dog only cares about winning in cooking. Can he even feel emotions?
>>
>>120548012
>Yoshino (angry midget from Polar Star)
what did you just say about my 4th concubine?
>>
>>120548413
Apparently she did it with her warmth.
>>
>>120548350

doesn't help that Souma don't have any interest in woman whatsoever except maybe Erina (just because teasing her is fun for him)
>>
>>120548020
I wouldn't say couldn't possibly be replicated - Souma probably has the autism to experiment without God's nose. But I see what you are saying.
>Judges pretty much said
Doujima did say that "[a specialty] you could say is a dish only that cook can create." But I don't think "having x superpower" is the whole picture.
It seemed to me that all three judges emphasised having a signature style as the most important thing. And something like that is obviously more attainable by the pleb students in the audience than a god's nose.

As an aside, imagine the following:
>Hayama challenges Erina
>Erina makes a scorched pacific saury carapaccio
>It is so good that it's no longer Hayama's specialty but Erina's
>>
>>120548564

The reason why Souma lost was BS.

Souma having a signature style will ruin his main aspect. He is supposed to have no style. Even that Apron guy say that Souma way of cooking is free-form and he doesn't stick to a specific style.That's what make Souma unique.

Shoehorning him into a specific style contradicts the author own theme.
>>
>>120548682
>implying he has to end up with a style
>implying he can't change Tootsuki Academy itself just by constantly winning over the crowd despite the bullshit reasons
>implying he won't challenge the Director and win Erina in the process on the way to reforming the school
>>
File: 1403623280783.png (131 KB, 551x535) Image search: [Google]
1403623280783.png
131 KB, 551x535
>Souma and Kurokiba try Hayama's carpaccio.

I like this,
>>
>>120546484
>when Hayama worked hard too and actually gave thought to making something no one else can make.
Thats exactly the problem. If only judges said "Your dish is unique so it tastes better" it would be ok. But they said "It tastes the same, but your dish is unique, so you win".
Imagine you are playing an rpg and you found super rare unique named sword, that have same stats with sword, that you can buy from npc for 5 copper. Would you say "What an amazing sword!" or "What a piece of junk, are developers even serious?!"?
>>
>>120546668
>Were you even in the threads?
Yeah and they were all filled with fuck Curry fag and Fujoshits must die. Pretty sure people hated the fact that he lost to him twice.
>>
>>120548564
If it's just about having a signature style,I'm fine with that.
Does it mean that Alice is already better than Souma as a cook then?
>>
File: img000029.png (269 KB, 822x1200) Image search: [Google]
img000029.png
269 KB, 822x1200
>>120548682
I suppose "style" is the wrong word, given that you couldn't call what Hayama did a "style".
>Changing the world of flavors using the power of aromas -- that's what my cooking is about!"
Call it purpose? Identity? Signature?
Now that I think about it, Souma's signature becomes obvious
>One style, two style, ten styles is not enough. Infinite combinations and infinite possibilities. That's my cooking.
Heck, the writer showed his cards in the one shot.
>>
>>120549005
Jesus Tosh improved a lot
>>
File: newchap.png (130 KB, 507x903) Image search: [Google]
newchap.png
130 KB, 507x903
>>120548350
Wat if we have some chapters of little arc of todoroko trying to seduce the souma, maeby competing with niku at trying to make a dish that satisfies him
>>
>>120549065
Nice try megumifag but its knife girl's turn now. Im ready for her arc.
>>
>>120549121
As if knife girl isn't just a shitty background character you'll never see again.
>>
>>120549157
I want that more of that long haired lesbian that got haled by erinas assistant, she is cute
>>
>>120549005
Pretty much. We have known what is Souma way of cooking since DAY 1.

Not sure what the author is pulling with this bullcrap about Souma needing to find his " cooking ways ".
>>
>>120548682

Who said the judges are right? They are just opinions waiting to be proved wrong.
>>
>>120549265

I fking hope so. Because Souma seems to take their advice to heart.
>>
>>120549265
>Doujima
>Best 1st seat ever
>Wrong
>>
>>120549022
You should compare current SnS to Harem Time. It's a massive improvement. Which is why now is the time to reap the rewards and have Tosh come back.
>>
>>120548822
I don't really have a problem with the unique argument, because the best chefs in the world are known for pioneering dishes that, despite imitators being able to replicate or possibly improve that dish, it's still that best chef's dish.
>>120549235
He's hugging the shore with his tendency to go for commoner dishes. Plus there's a wealth of information and capable people around that he hasn't tapped yet.
>>
File: Hayama.jpg (55 KB, 270x396) Image search: [Google]
Hayama.jpg
55 KB, 270x396
Hayama is definitely the best character of this manga, it's rare for a character to be nice, hard-working and so hot. And unlike what people claim, he is not arrogant, it's just people who are jealous of his manliness
I hope the author will find a way to turn him into the main protagonist (or at least the 2nd main).
Something like, while Souma is training with his father, the story focuses on a love comedy between Hayama and Jun.
>>
>>120549657
>I don't really have a problem with the unique argument, because the best chefs in the world are known for pioneering dishes that, despite imitators being able to replicate or possibly improve that dish, it's still that best chef's dish.
So, other participants were taking receipts from cookbook?
>>
>>120549022
>improved

It looks the same
>>
>>120549005
>Unlimited Cooking Works!
>>
>>120547887
>>I send you a present that will help you to become a great chief
>>next day, a new girl is introduced

I thought he was a chef, not an human trafficker
>>
If /a/ hated the tourney result, how did 2ch take it?

Gonna be interesting to see how SnS fares in the rankings after this.
>>
>>120549947
But here's the thing. In the finals, their cooking skills, choice of saury and dish flavor were virtually equal, hence the need for another criteria that separates the winner. (And apparently "uniqueness" > creativity)
You can't say the same thing for all the other matches.
>>
>>120549858
ok fujoshit
>>
>>120550288
They hated it.
>>
>>120550288
>how did 2ch take it?
They hated it too
>>
File: boku no OC.png (77 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
boku no OC.png
77 KB, 500x461
>tfw don't have gf as a purpose to cook
>>
>>120550298
Why "uniqueness" and not, for example, "niggerness"?
>>
>>120550298
But if cook's A unique dish is at the same level as cook's B common dish, its cook A who is laughtable, no?
>>
>>120550590
Yep. I thought so to. Souma's and Kurokiba's unique dish (whenever they make one) will be leagues ahead of Hayama's.
>>
>>120550590
Evidently the weighting of criteria is
Flavor = Skill = Ingredients >Uniqueness > Creativity
>>
>>120550590
And if A so good preparing ingredients why not A is the underling of the more creative B?
>>
>>120550288
Most hated it, some tried to makes sense of the chapter and some others just said drop the series if you don't like it.
>>
Someone should tell /ck/ that they must have a waifu if they want to cook good food.
>>
>>120551445
So does this mean that 2ch doesnt have any fujoshits that pushed for akira to win, or is 2ch a microcosm of japans anime fan base, thus /a/ being full of shit that fujoshits caused this outcome?
>>
>>120551605

It's not that really.
Since SnS is a popular manga now,
The Jump editors are stalling the manga to milk it.
>>
>>120543385
Meh its not like Souma gives a shit. He is probably gonna do what his father did. Become a world class chef and settle down with a non-cook waifu who is 100x better than any waifu seen so far and change his last name to hers while he is at it.
>>
>>120551445
>Most hated it
[citation needed]
>>
>>120551919
>Living to be like your father
Meh what a shit life
>>
>Kurokiba being comforted.
>Not Kurokiba calling bullshit because the nigger lost before anyway.
>Not Kurokiba murdering the useless bimbo.
He should not be ok with rigged tournaments.
>>
>talent beats hard work
>>
>>120552677
What talent again? He's a one trick pony who already got exposed by Lobster and still got a free pass for the next round because we need to appeal the fujoshit fanbase.
>>
>>120549191
>souma goes on a journey to defeat curry
>goes under lesbian stench
>Kills curry's nose using lesbian's power

If manga should teach you anything its that everything is rock paper scissors.
>>
I was spoilt on the ending and went into this expecting to be assmad but I was actually okay with it. A recognisable style or signature specialty is important in most kinds of arts, and I'm expecting future chapters to elaborate on what exactly Souma was missing. I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that his freestyle is unconsciously copying his dad's freestyle since people who know them both have continuously compared them to each other.
>>
Honestly I was expecting some bullshit where both curry and lobster tried souma's dish and recognized their complete loss despite judges being niggers.
Kinda glad they didn't go the route.
>>
File: 1417581727640.jpg (202 KB, 822x1200) Image search: [Google]
1417581727640.jpg
202 KB, 822x1200
>>120546146
There are a lot of reasons. The arc went on for too fucking long, we just had an incredibly good chapter about how Souma's hard work can beat natural talent, the reason why Souma lost isn't very good, Hayama's a prick who doesn't respect other people's cooking, the flashback chapter came out of no where to make readers feel sorry for Hayama, the plot hasn't moved forward at all...

I get where the manga is going. Souma has been chasing after his father for too long and never really developed his own style. That's something really interesting. It's just that the tournament was an opportunity to acknowledge how Souma's skills had developed up until that point and to set up new and more interesting challenges. If Souma had won the tournament and then lost to Erina because she has her own style and he doesn't, everything would have worked out the same, but the tournament wouldn't have felt like a complete waste of time. The manga could have been about Souma trying to break through the ceiling that separates the Elite 10 from the rest of the students. Now, Souma's circled back to being a pleb. The plot hasn't moved forward one inch in 50+ chapters.
>>
>>120553155
Well we did get some development for megumi at least, not that it actually matters.
>>
>>120553218
It's been so long, I actually forgot about it.
>>
>>120552736
His sensetive nose is a talent for a cook, just like a tongue that Erina has.
>>
This arc could potentially throw the series into canned territory due how long, boring and pointless it was.

It put Reborn's future arc to shame
>>
>>120553427
I wouldn't say boring, but it was pointless, I agree with that.
Won't happen though.
>>
>>120553155
>less than 200 chapters
>too fucking long
>plot doesn't move
>Souma needed to win
>Souma is now a pleb again all respect he's gained is lost

It's like I'm listening to a neckbeard crying the sky is falling when he hasn't peeked outside in months.
>>
>>120553155
Didn't the chapter contradict the previous one with how Souma has improved, made his own style since his dad didn't actually teach him jack shit and he only watched him and that was why the judging felt retarded?
>>
>>120553427
That's why this week's Jump has Shokugeki at #2 right behind MHA right? Because it's in danger of getting canned.
>>
>>120553558
Isn't hero academia second?
>>
>>120553531
It was 50ish chapters in which the MC got literally no development. All his victories followed the same formula he had throughout the manga so far
>competition coming up
>okay hide out in room for 2 weeks failing
>yay souma wins
Rehashing the same formula gets boring especially when you're going against supposedly talented people.
>>
>>120549858
jun pls
>>
>>120543803
It'll be worth it if Joichirou actually sticks around to teach him something, even for a little while.
>>
>tfw you don't win the tournament because no gf
>>
>>120547887
You forgot your pic
>>
>>120553552
Your reading comprehension failed. The entire point is that Souma was mostly self taught other than the basics of a special of the day restaurant, and that because of how he has no lid he's willing to try anything.

A kid who's willing to dabble in everything and make use of it doesn't have a style yet. He's still in the middle of playing around with everything he's learning.

Let's use a gaming analogy.

>Kurokiba mains a level 100 warrior cookie cutter stronk style with raid gear
>Hayama mains a level 100 rogue and he builds it differently from every other rogue and picks specialized raid gear and manages because he grabbed a really special item during a limited time event and only he has it
>Souma has a level 80 of every class and plays with multiboxing. Each of them have a bit of raid gear

So one is a cookie cutter, one is unique, the other is good at everything but has no specialties other than knowing every class well and how they interact with each other.

Which is more memorable? Impressionable? Immediately recognizable? 99% of the time, it's the unique guy. That doesn't mean the unique guy is better mind you, but it makes him stick out.

It's really as simple as that. You might hate it since it's such a minor thing, but when it comes to marketing yourself which is half the reason why one would enroll at Tootsuki, that little bit can't just be ignored when everything else is equal.

How does that work with my analogy? It's simple. Unless you're talking about e-sports the value of a character leans more towards their gear than the player's skills, which can change over time or depreciate in value as other players get better and learn to copy.

TL;DR Hayama is Kirito and has dual-wielding, no one else does. He's not the best PvPer or PvEr, but he has dual-wielding so he's the MC.
>>
>>120548012
>Jouichirou smelling Hayama's appetizer from the dorm
Salaryman no Soma when?
>>
>>120553627
Color and cover chapters do not count as ranked because they are fixed positions in the magazine.
>>
File: 1422503523359.jpg (23 KB, 259x251) Image search: [Google]
1422503523359.jpg
23 KB, 259x251
>>120554283
>>
>>120548350
Soma's a smooth dude, his only problem is that he treats everyone like a customer.
>>
>>120553632
And winning then losing to Erina would somehow develop Souma? You're retarded.
>>
>>120547736

that's hilarious
>>
File: 1394229411339.png (73 KB, 755x1255) Image search: [Google]
1394229411339.png
73 KB, 755x1255
>>120554365
I'm not the one
>>
>>120549065
The waifus having a small cooking competition to win Soma would be too hnngh to handle.
>>
>>120554412
You idiot, I'm talking about myself.
>>
wait, what? isn't jun at least 10 years older than hayama?
>>
>>120554490
And what does that matter?
>>
>>120548012
That's rich. I love it. Can't wait for Erina to beat Curryfag.
>>
>>120543243
That's all? Fuck I don't care anymore this spoilers aren't hooking me up at all.

Dropped
>>
>>120554550
It's basically a shoe-in at this point. Erina might appear arrogant and constantly caught off guard by surprises, but ironically it's mostly because she's so damn sharp she immediately realizes what's going on faster than anybody. That tells you quite a bit about how familiar she is with the fundamentals which even characters like Alice and Hayama take time to figure out.

And she does it all far away most of the time too in that private room upstairs.
>>
>>120554389
Different anon, point was he needed to lose sometime to show his stupid pattern needs to stop and he needs to develop.
>>
>>120554717
You sure you aren't samefag? Your English just as redundant and vague as the other guy.

How about you point out how losing to Erina develops Souma over losing to Hayama? Here's a hint, stop using the word develop and give actual examples. You should have learned this in grade school. Show, don't tell.
>>
I'm swear if Erina started being dere to Souma and this manga become harem I will drop this shit.
>>
>>120554283
>Souma has a level 80 of every class and plays with multiboxing. Each of them have a bit of raid gear
That makes no sense, level 80 will never beat a level 100 and Souma matches them. You can say Souma is level 100 druid with raid gear, that would make more sense.
>>
>>120554283
>manages because he grabbed a really special item during a limited time event and only he has it
>Which is more memorable? Impressionable? Immediately recognizable? 99% of the time, it's the unique guy.
Oh, look, its that retard, who get op item from limited time event by luck and is still giving average results in a raid!
Im not sure that kind of "Immediately recognizable" is good thing.
>>
>>120554389
Not that anon, but Souma winning the tournament would make the 50 chapters worth it because now he can challenge Erina. Losing to Hayama sets him two steps back, which is where he was before the tournament started.
>>
>>120554917
The judges went full retarded this arc in order for Hayama to win, no explaining will ever change that.
>>
>>120548564
>It seemed to me that all three judges emphasised having a signature style as the most important thing
But if all you have to bring to the table is hard work, then no matter what style you go for then anybody can replicate your efforts by putting in as much hard work. An inborn superpower like god nose or god taste is the only thing that cannot be replicated. Hence only those born with superpowers could ever hope to develop non-imitable signatures.
>>
If it were me, I'd start shoving peanut-buttered squid into every dish from now on just to fuck with them.

Ain't that making for an identity recall.
>>
>>120555301
Could "Trace On"-kun aka Giga Niga have won a duel with Hayama?
>>
>>120543468
the answer is clearly his own harem of cooking bitches.
>>
>>120555372
reality: Yes. Hayama did nothing original and copy guy could have done his dish exactly, only one step further

bullshit answer of manga: no. he had no spice cake love to make his dish "special".
>>
How was Hayama's dish so unique? All he did was add allspice and blowtorch his name on it.
>>
So what will his father say? If this shit becomes a training arc for Souma to become a one trick pony then I am out.
>>
>>120555610
Nothing it was just a shitty excuse that goes against the manga's theme in order to extend this shit for more chapters.
>>
File: hand holding.png (337 KB, 500x485) Image search: [Google]
hand holding.png
337 KB, 500x485
>>120555610
He had a qt girlfriend. That's literally why. Going against everything they built up for 100 chapters and actually explained for 16 pages in 102.

Fuck author for not at least trying to make Hayama's dish seem to have something unique or original, especially after kurokiba and soma both did actually original things they hadn't tried before.

Anyway, Soma just has to hold hands with Erina and he will become a cooking god apparently. look forward to it.
>>
>>120555720
>>120556004
>>120555610
I feel like this would have actually worked if Soma was doing it for Erina.

Erina has very specific tastes, she comes from the complete opposite school of cooking as Soma. So Soma "making something for his girl" would actually require him to be original and different, since Erina will never admit to liking his usual stuff.

But for Jun and Hayama? She already likes the exact same shit as what he cooks. She's all about spices and aromas. What did he have to do to make his dish especially for her?
>>
>>120556004
You are deluding yourself, it wasn't because of his fujoshit self insert slut. Nowhere in the chapter does it say that.
>>
>>120556156
No idea, I am not going to over think some shitty excuse the author made up at the last second in order to milk this shit more. The chapter was bad the excuse is for his loss is bad, that's all there is to it.
>>
File: sicp.jpg (96 KB, 500x485) Image search: [Google]
sicp.jpg
96 KB, 500x485
>>120556004
>>
>>120554857
I think the point is that he multibox all his 80 accounts, so if he is using WoW as example.
Is basically 11 lvl 80 vs 1 lvl 100
>>
>>120543721

Well you could say that Souma is second with one win more than Kurokiba since he tied with Hayama in semis.
>>
It's Souma's win though, because he as a pleb without superpower matched the taste of a dish from the superpower guy, Smelly Hayama.
>>
Full spoilers (1/2).

104 New "Jewel"

We begin with Akira's victory pose, Souma and Ryou bitter, and the audience in awe only to burst in cheers a few seconds later.

Jun congratulates Akira while crying and starts complaining at him for brushing it away cooly...Only to be embraced by him a few seconds later.
Everyone's in shock for the hug, and when Akira notices what he did he stops.
Yuuki watches that with some interested/teasing eyes.

We get a small flashback to why Akira had the cinammon at the beginning of the election (Jun gave it to him).

Gin understands the true reasons for Akira's expression after the semifinals and starts worrying about something.

Ryou is so pissed of no one dares get close to him.
Alice comes in and starts hitting his back in anger(more like pouting) at him losing
Ryou snaps at her, and Alice tells him they're breaking off their relationship until Ryou apologizes.

Gin congratulates Akira and tells him to be careful as a talent to big can bear its fangs at its owner.

Souma and Ryou kinda force Akira to make some carpaccio for them too.
They eat it and have a small somewhat friendly/rival-ish talk.
Gin even says they're going to become quite an interesting trio.
Leonora says that's alligned with Tootsuki's ideals (while comforting Alice)
>>
2/2

Senzaemon says a new jewel was born that day.

The award ceremony begins.

The polar star gang (+Ikumi) is going to party but Souma gets a call from Jouichirou
Jouichirou makes fun of Souma losing after Souma hesitates to tell him the results.
Souma tells him he didn't lost only due to Akira's skill but because there was some kind of tenacity on Akira's dish.
He also talks about how he's glad he went away from Yukihira because that let him notice many things and that what he's going to do know is find his own unique cooking because if he doesn't it wouldn't make sense for Souma to succeed Yukihira.
Jouichirou tells him that's just fine and finishes the call.

We then get a monologue from Jouichirou.
He's glad one of Souma's peers finally blew off what Souma was until then.
He also talks about how meetings are the only way a cook can move forward.
He then says that facing the dish alone will only reflect your same unchanging self.
This last phrase is on top of a page where we can see Erina looking at Souma, Megumi, and Ikumi from the window.

The End, we get a new arc next week.
>>
File: 1364692519908.jpg (104 KB, 613x533) Image search: [Google]
1364692519908.jpg
104 KB, 613x533
>Erina looking at Souma, Megumi, and Ikumi from the window.
Nothing creepy about that, nope.
Nothing at all.
>>
>>120561949
>This last phrase is on top of a page where we can see Erina looking at Souma, Megumi, and Ikumi from the window.

Hisako Retrieval Arc confirmed?
>>
>>120561949
>No dorm party
Dropped and see you next arc.
>>
>>120562159
Shoot I forgot all about her. Hayama even won, she's dead to the manga.
>>
>>120561900
>Gin congratulates Akira and tells him to be careful as a talent to big can bear its fangs at its owner.

I hope this means Hayama is going to crash like Shinomiya did in his backstory.
>>
>>120561900
>Gin congratulates Akira and tells him to be careful as a talent to big can bear its fangs at its owner.
I fucking knew it, the reason they lost is because this fucker only has the talent edge what a load of bullshit.
>>
>>120554389
Erina needs development herself. As best girl, she needs to curb stomp MC to set the bar for the Elite 10 that much higher.
>>
File: 1416172104318.png (421 KB, 598x723) Image search: [Google]
1416172104318.png
421 KB, 598x723
>This last phrase is on top of a page where we can see Erina looking at Souma, Megumi, and Ikumi from the window.
>The End, we get a new arc next week.
ERINAFAGS ASSEMBLE
THE TIME HAS COME AND SO MUST WE
THE ERINA ARC OF LEGEND IS FINALLY UPON US
NO LONGER SHALL THE ERINAHATERS CONTROL SOUMA THREADS
>>
>>120561949
>t he's going to do know is find his own unique cooking because if he doesn't it wouldn't make sense for Souma to succeed Yukihira.
Sweet so he did listen and he is going to become a one trick pony, this manga can't get any shittier.
>>
>knife girl wont probably appear anymore
next time Sns is doing a net popularity poll im gonna proxy the shit out of it making mai Knaifu won.
>>
>>120562924
I know right, great time to bring her out as the manga goes to shit.
>>
>>120549005
I miss masculine Souma.
>>
File: newchap.jpg (18 KB, 223x355) Image search: [Google]
newchap.jpg
18 KB, 223x355
Who megumi here
>>
>>120556004
i wanna rub erinas feet
>>
>>120561900
Alice breaking up with Kurokiba? Does that put her in contention for the Soumabowl now?
>>
>>120563899
No.
>>
>>120563899
She only threatened him, he chilled out so they are fine. Hold your horses anon, this is not an harem.
>>
>>120563795
Same, but with the thigh highs still on.
>>
>>120554967
Why does everyone think that Souma will reach Erina sooner than the second to last boss (last being dad)?

If she becomes dere/fights with Souma/starts interacting a lot with Souma earlier, she loses her position as a long-term goal for Souma.

Having Hayama be higher than Souma at this point only makes Erina that much more powerful a rival for Souma and she's clearly second-to-last boss tier.
>>
>>120564015
>Hold your horses anon, this is not an harem

How many girls are needed for a harem?
>>
>>120564066
>Why does everyone think that Souma will reach Erina sooner than the second to last boss (last being dad)?
Because she won't get development otherwise, the manga is already moving at a snails pace some people want more than 10 chapters to decide a fucking winner. And she is not second last boss, she is pretty fucking bottom tier there's 9 other people above her.
>>
>>120564015
>Not a harem

But soon it will be as Souma gathers as many waifus as he can so that he can become the best chef
>>
>>120564066
It'd be interesting to see Souma go up against senior students and keeping Erina as the second to last boss would ruin that.
>>
>>120564241
>One waifu for every cooking style
>He will still keep his big variety
>Every dish will be better than shittycurry's speciality
So as i pray, unlimited cook works.
>>
>>120564354

>Souma, I told you to find a woman to cook for not a bunch of them
>>
>>120564354
So Shirou it's Souma from the future? Makes sense, that's where he got his cooking skills.
>>
File: thingkenoffood.png (174 KB, 592x506) Image search: [Google]
thingkenoffood.png
174 KB, 592x506
>>120554213
From here on in it'll most certainly be Shokutfw no gfma
>>
If knife girl doesn't appear in the next 5 chapters and get a name to that pretty face, Im dropping this shit.
>>
>>120564354
I can see it happening.
>>
>>120561900
>Souma and Ryou kinda force Akira to make some carpaccio for them too.
>You will never be edged out in the final match of a cooking competition and goad the winner into giving you a sample of their dish
Dammit, now I'm hungry.
>>
Souma and Hayama better not fucking become buddies now
>>
File: SnS 103 1.png (2 MB, 1348x1002) Image search: [Google]
SnS 103 1.png
2 MB, 1348x1002
>>120543243
Viz Jump subscriber here. Dumping Viz's version of the latest chapter. Casanova's translations can be pretty shitty so hopefully Viz's version makes more sense for you guys.
>>
File: SnS 103 2.png (1 MB, 1347x1002) Image search: [Google]
SnS 103 2.png
1 MB, 1347x1002
>>
File: SnS 103 3.png (1 MB, 1346x1006) Image search: [Google]
SnS 103 3.png
1 MB, 1346x1006
>>
File: SnS 103 4.png (1 MB, 1346x1003) Image search: [Google]
SnS 103 4.png
1 MB, 1346x1003
>>
File: SnS 103 5.png (1 MB, 1347x1002) Image search: [Google]
SnS 103 5.png
1 MB, 1347x1002
>>
File: sns 103 6.png (1 MB, 1347x1002) Image search: [Google]
sns 103 6.png
1 MB, 1347x1002
>>
>>120553558
You are aware that this rank is about the chapter 96 right?
>>
File: sns 103 7.png (1 MB, 1346x1001) Image search: [Google]
sns 103 7.png
1 MB, 1346x1001
>>
File: SnS 103 8.png (1 MB, 1347x1002) Image search: [Google]
SnS 103 8.png
1 MB, 1347x1002
>>
File: SnS 103 9.png (1 MB, 1348x1001) Image search: [Google]
SnS 103 9.png
1 MB, 1348x1001
>>
File: SnS 103 10.png (1 MB, 1348x1003) Image search: [Google]
SnS 103 10.png
1 MB, 1348x1003
Done.
>>
>>120566131
You are aware the post I quoted talked about an entire arc and not simply a chapter or two right?
>>
>>120551919
>actually believing that anyone else other than Erina will win the Somabowl
>>
Would you a Jun, /a/?
>>
>>120543316
New "ball"

When Jun runs up to Hayama, Hayama hugs Jun silently unconsciously.
Hayama served calm in an affair by public attention immediately, but Yoshino didn't overlook.

Kurokiba which can't suppress touch-and-go air.
A back of Alice was warmth there, and did you explode and lose interest moderately?

"Souma&Kurokiba make me eat carpaccio in Hayama, too.", I press.
The posture by which both of two people don't think such as that's it and take the place by the grade top away anytime

A result looks like the end roll and is called off (without distinctions of 2nd place and 3rd place).

It's the telephone in Souma from Jouichirou.
Souma felt something like an obsession as well as a fragrance from a dish of Hayama.
" You could meet a powerful enemy by having gone out of the Yukihira".
The meaning that the target I sound about my dish sets "Yukihira" was born.

■ That Souma which had a big experience aims in the next? Next issue Akira Nii !!
>>
>>120546146
>but at least with Souma finally having his first big loss we are closer to receiving more Erina interaction
apparently you've never read this manga and don't know who erina is. Erina looks down on losers. She's got a massive superiority complex. thanks to this loss she won't be relevant in this plot for another 100+ chapters.

she's a tease. she'll never be relevant in this manga, excepting as a foil. she's not a romantic interest nor is she even a direct competitor. she's just a superbitch who's in love with souma's father's cooking.
>>
>>120561949
Erina just wants real friends ;_;
>>
>>120565850
They're rivals anon. Souma, Hayama, and Kurokiba are rivals. NOT friends.
>>
>>120564827
only knife girl is the good thing that happen
>>
>>120566486
No, she's the most bland and forgettable female character introduced so far. Spiceboy's waifu a shit.

>>120567267
She should try not being such an uptight elitist cunt all the time then. I don't feel sorry for her at all.
>>
>>120567531
>I don't feel sorry for her at all
But she doesn't know any better, seeing how she was raised with servants around her instead of kid friends, no wonder she's a cunt
>>
>>120549065
i want more of delinquent Megumi
>>
>>120567531
The only reason Megumi hasn't been completely forgotten is because she gets forced down our throats and shoehorned into everything Souma does, and rather than showing Souma himself develop, it shows how she reacts to what he's creating, every fucking time.
>>
>>120566303
Interesting. Souma's thoughts about his dad make more sense than what I remember from casanova's scans.
>>
>>120567243
>She's got a massive superiority complex.

Your reading comprehension is below leddit tier.
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (165 KB, 719x720) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
165 KB, 719x720
Daily reminder that this is the announced cast so far:

>Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito) as Sōma Yukihira
>Minami Takahashi as Megumi Tadokoro
>Risa Taneda (IIE SENPAI) as Erina Nakiri

>Natsuki Hanae (Hikari from Nagi no Asukara, Eggs from Aldnoah Zero) as Takumi Aldini
>Saori Ōnishi as Hisako Arato
>Shizuka Ishigami as Ikumi Mito
>Takahiro Sakurai as Satoshi Isshiki
>Yuuki Ono as Isami Aldini

Who else do you guys think should be cast in Soma? My picks:

Rikiya Koyama as Jouichirou Yukihira
Jouji Nakata as Doujima
Norio Wakamoto as Grandpa Nakiri
Junichi Suwabe as Hayama Akira
Daisuke Ono as Kurokiba Ryou
Asami Imai as Nakiri Alice
Sayaka Ohara as Hinako Inui
Masakazu Morita as Kojiro Shinomiya

That's all I've got so far. What do you guys think?
>>
File: 1409313817957.png (185 KB, 456x480) Image search: [Google]
1409313817957.png
185 KB, 456x480
>>120568104
>>Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito) as Sōma Yukihira

Why does this guy had so many roles? his voice is fucking everywhere.
>>
File: sip2.jpg (45 KB, 452x475) Image search: [Google]
sip2.jpg
45 KB, 452x475
>>120568163
>Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
>(Kirito)
I think you answered your own question anon.
>>
>>120563454
From a waifu standpoint, Megumi was sky high this entire arc.

But I want knifu to be relevant now.
>>
I feel like Erina was made to be a hated tsundere type of character. It's a shame that I don't feel that way about the kid though.

When I see her I typically react like this; "Meh, this girl again..." I blitz through her dialogue since I just don't have the energy to bother much with her and her shenanigans.
>>
>>120567634
I would say she definitely knows better since she's a young adult and not a child. She comes off as bitter of the high expectations placed upon her and she lashes out at "normal" people who are living the life she wish she had and that's me giving her a lot of credit since she's the main heroine and her just being an elitist bitch would be too shallow.

She won't be redeemed to me until she saves Souma from expulsion to make up failing him due her bullshit. I don't have high hopes though from this manga and am expecting her behavior to be justified with a sob story and all her faults swept under the rug once she goes dere.
>>
>>120568104
>Casting Eggs as worst Aldini
I'm having trouble visualizing it.
>>
>>120568463
I like Megumi since she stopped being a little bitch who gets scared shitless easily

>>120568666
You're probably right satan, at some point she's going to help soma when he fucks up and go full dere
>>
File: Nagi no Asukara.jpg (521 KB, 2105x1169) Image search: [Google]
Nagi no Asukara.jpg
521 KB, 2105x1169
>>120568774
Watch Nagi no Asukara anon. It's Natsuki Hanae's first major debut and he's actually really good in it.
>>
>>120561900
Hayama confirmed for one trick pony.
>>
File: 1386944674945.gif (136 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1386944674945.gif
136 KB, 400x400
>>120563454
>>
>Jouichirou was 2nd seat behind Gin
>Souma keeps getting 2nd place behind Hayama
I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree
>>
>>120569214
Hayama is much more boring than Gin though.
>>
>>120569206
please don't bully the megumi
>>
>>120569214
Jouichuirou ended as second because he said fuck it and left Totsuki.
>>
>>120543243
I tried asking the Head Chef at my university on which is better, a food with good style and taste or normal styled food with great taste.
>>
>>120569874
And?
>>
>>120569874
And?
>>
>>120569874
And what was the answer fag
>>
>>120569971
>>120569961
>>120569951
I was expelled.
Thanks guys.
>>
>>120569995
Any time anon
>>
>>120569951
>>120569961
>>120569971
He said that a dish that looks normal and that taste great has much more impact than a dish that has appearance since you would know it will taste great.
>>
So Erina wants Souma's dish
>>
>>120570122
That's nice. How does that relate to the finals where the judges decided all 3 dishes had equal impact in taste?
>>
>>120570271
He said that even though identity is nice and all that in one taste you can identify the chef, it would make the dish stale since you wouldn't have the curiosity of finding out the one who did these and that a dish like souma were cooked as dish to win, it would leave more impact to the tongue and would leave more identity than a dish Hayama did

i also got him interested, in reading this manga,which was a surprise. its funny how he agreed that Souma should have won since his dish looks more interesting and had appeal
>>
>>120570627
How will he react to the lewd?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.