[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's have a light novel thread. What are you reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: Zaregoto.jpg (33 KB, 400x430) Image search: [Google]
Zaregoto.jpg
33 KB, 400x430
Let's have a light novel thread.

What are you reading?
What are you planning to read?

I just finished Zaregoto 2. It was a pretty fun read, couldn't stop turning the pages even if I was falling asleep. I can't wait to read Volume 3. Do you think it'd be possible for a studio to adapt this series? I know it's damn hard because of the whole narrator thing, but I believe it is possible if done right.

Also, the cover shows Mikoko tiding something around her neck. That's some subtle foreshadowing/clue.
>>
>>120068226

I'm not sure if I should try picking up owari no chronicle again, stopped reading it and now there is a ton translated but i cant remember exactly where I was

Anyone read Heavy Object? For some reason I like kamachi.exe so i thought i'd give it a go
>>
Just finished reading yahari vol10
damn shame i can't talk about it because the threads are being raided by some IRC faggots
>>
>>120068226
I'm reading Fate/Zero, finished volume 2 today.
Can't say so far if it's better or worse than the anime. The action scenes lack quite a bit of impact, maybe because of Butcher's writing or the awkward translation - probably not just because it's in text because I still liked them in the Fate VNs.

I also recently dropped Shinrei Tantei Yakumo during volume 1 because the main girl being connected to every fucking ghost annoyed me, but was thinking of actually picking it up again as long as it stopped doing that. Anyone here read it?

>>120068316
Heavy Object is great, but IMO it has one incredibly boring novel - the one without the main characters. They're what's great about the story, since I'm not much of a mecha guy.
>>
File: toolewd.jpg (30 KB, 701x388) Image search: [Google]
toolewd.jpg
30 KB, 701x388
I really liked the first two volumes of Zaregoto, but I couldn't get myself through three because of the translation quality. Damn shame there'll be no more official releases for it.

Recently finished reading all of Spice and Wolf. Absolutely in love. Wasn't the biggest fan while watching the anime, but there's just something about the novels that added that much more to the Lawrence/Holo dynamic. Can't remember the last time I cared so much about a fictional couple. Not sure what's next for me. Might check out the official Haruhi release or something.
>>
>>120068316
I started reading Heavy Object, but didn't really get that far. Something about it just wasn't interesting enough, probably because the whole first half is nothing but exposition and explanations. The two main characters are a fun duo, though.

I should at least finish the first volume during this week.
>>
>>120068316
>I'm not sure if I should try picking up owari no chronicle again, stopped reading it and now there is a ton translated but i cant remember exactly where I was
You should, it just gets better and better.
>>
File: boku no yuusha.jpg (1 MB, 1405x2000) Image search: [Google]
boku no yuusha.jpg
1 MB, 1405x2000
The art for this is so adorable, I'm afraid that whenever I actually try reading it that it won't live up to the fun and cute times that the art is trying to sell me.
>>
>>120068226
>
i want to start reading zaregoto, but it will never be fully translated so why bother.
>>
>>120069171
That's like saying "I want to start reading Berserk/HxH, but it will never be fully published so why bother". For a more serious example, you could use MM! or Guin Saga.

You read them anyway because they're actually good.
>>
File: Kirika_02_000.jpg (717 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
Kirika_02_000.jpg
717 KB, 1536x2048
>>120068226
Re-reading LMS vol,6 because the orc's battle is simple fun, and because Weed's jewness

Also reading (pic related) and loved it so far.

>>120068404
I blame the new season threads. When it's only about LNs there is a lot less faggotry when there is not anime or anime news.

>>120069171
You can try it because it's well separated by arcs and some dude is translating them as well.
>>
>>120069342
Guin is like 6 out of 110 novels right?
>>
>>120069403
>生徒会探偵キリカ

Seems interesting. Any comments?
>>
>>120069450
>>
File: HO_v05_06.jpg (1 MB, 1600x3034) Image search: [Google]
HO_v05_06.jpg
1 MB, 1600x3034
>Heavy Object is great, but IMO it has one incredibly boring novel - the one without the main characters. They're what's great about the story, since I'm not much of a mecha guy.

Mariydi was greate loli-main.
>>
>. I can't wait to read Volume 3
Try to guess I-kun's name.
>>
>>120070402
For some reason, I always assumed his actual name was "I" (pronounced as い, but written with some obscure kanji ), because Nisio sounds like the kind of guy who names a character like that only for people to think it's a nickname.

Also, doesn't he have a sister names "li"? That also sounds like a fake name.
>>
>>120070296

that's a very lewd looking 12 year old
>>
>>120068590
>I really liked the first two volumes of Zaregoto, but I couldn't get myself through three because of the translation quality.

Third vol was shit, both story and translation, but fourth and fifth were rather well done and entertaining as well. Give them a try.
>>
>>120070531
Harukana her name and Ii last name
>>
>>120069610
It has a manga as well, so try reading it because it's not that far of what the novel is.
I'd say it's somehow similar to oregairu in which the MC is the total oposite to 8man, but keeps getting into problems as well.
He is a trickster though, so it's like what if 8man is more a popular guy with better looks.

All the girls are best girls as well, so that's a plus.
>>
File: B7YmETyCUAAxvtx.jpg (63 KB, 530x480) Image search: [Google]
B7YmETyCUAAxvtx.jpg
63 KB, 530x480
Anyone interested in this? Good thing it has one translator reserved already.
>>
Hey I am looking for a new LV to read. I like fantasy, romanze, action and school settings. I read:
DxD
Mahouka
Log Horizon
Accel World
SAO
Tokyo Ravens
Dragonar Academy
Date a Live
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
No Game no Life

I hope someone knows a LV that is like listed ones.
>>
File: KanaHana.jpg (446 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
KanaHana.jpg
446 KB, 1280x960
>>120072431
Book Girl is all about the light, cute and youthful romance of the high school life!
>>
>>120072431
You want good LNs?

Crest of the Stars, everything by Kawakami (Owari no Chronicle, Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon, City Series...), Zaregoto...
>>
>>120072431
Try Draculea, although I can't really recommend it, it was pretty bad. Was reading it for Frankenstein but stopped.
Tsuki Tsuki.

This has at least a school setting but I don't think it's really what you want:
35th Test Platoon.

And I can only recommend absolutely everything by Kawakami. You will come to love it.
>>
Re:Monster is the shit

Translations never
>>
>>120070402
I imagined someone's actually solved that little riddle, but I haven't bothered to check. What was it? There's no way I can solve it knowing basically nothing about moonspeak.

At any rate, from what's currently translated, volume 3 was the worst one, OP. Don't hold your breath.
>>
Anime never.
>>
>>120068226
Just finished Owari 5-B and wondering whether I should start reading Kino no Tabi or go back to reading Baccano, now that most of it is translated.
>>
>>120072623
>You want good LNs?
From the list he posted, does it really look like he wants good LNs?
>>
>>120073153
I was just trying to broaden his horizons.
>>
Reading: Owari Ougi Dark
Zaregoto Kubitsuri High School
Ningen 1
Okitegami Kyouko
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.