[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats with all the hate on Kill la Kill?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
Already several episodes in on it so far and it ain't that bad as a couple people say IMO.

Did it fell victim to overhype or something?
>>
>>120040748
People were mad when their fan theories didn't pan out, people were mad that it wasn't TTGL, people were mad about an unfitting finale, people were mad that the MC didn't have some obvious coming of age moment that magically fixed their character flaws (which I think is a shitty trope anyway), and that they persisted throughout the series.
Most importantly though: it was very popular so many people liked it, and that means the fanbase is automatically considered insufferable.

There are probably a few other reasons, but as someone else who watched it on their own after the hype, I agree with you that it wasn't nearly as a bad as /a/ makes it out to be. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
>>
-Shit script
-Shit art
-Shit animation
-Fanboys spammed threads instead of using the catalog, including "le [irrelevant character] appreciation thread"
>>
>>120042659
>shit art
Depends what you mean by that. Lot of it is pretty rushed looking and could have been much better with a bigger budget, but if you're talking about the style I disagree with you a lot.
>shit script
Overarching plot isn't good at all, yeah, but the writing for the characters wasn't bad. Not sure which you mean by 'script'.
-shit animation
Yeah, lots of scenes looked like they didn't have enough time to do them well, but I don't mind that all too much for some reason.
>>
>>120040748
Watch it. It doesn't take itself too seriously and is just fun to watch.

I loved it, more over the top stuff like this would be great imo.

Sure, people have gotten pretty upset about this and that, but who cares. Just watch and enjoy, or walk away.
>>
Oh, last thing; the dub is quite shit, which is a shame.
>>
It was overhyped garbage. Still a fun ride until your expectations get crushed with the stupid-ass second half.
>>
The writing in the second half shits all over any exposition they were trying to set up. Ragyo just becomes the BBEG and from there it's all just trigger making things overly ridiculous to appease the TTGL fans.

Ragyo has no motive and is just evil for the sake of being evil.
Tsumugu's character is completely irrelevant and unnecessary to the show.
Satsuki becoming all soft in the latter half kind of ruins her image, probably because they spent the first half of the show making her out to be the antagonist and traded her out for her mom which was a massive downgrade.

Basically, the series was a lot more interesting before it followed the trend of hollywood and just made the plot about saving the world. Maybe it's because that's what people expect out of Trigger or something after TTGL, but KLK didn't need that kind of scope, especially considering the first half of the show pretty much takes place solely in the academy.
>>
It, ironically, loses its way later on in the series.
Story jumps between ironic and genuine levels of both seriousness and ridiculousness that just ruin the show. It just drags on too long and really feels like the creators forgot what tone they were trying to create.
Still not terrible but the show got the same treatment SAO did because the fanbase is shit and still overhypes it to death.
>>
File: unamused.jpg (789 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
unamused.jpg
789 KB, 1920x1080
>it was fun
>>
>>120043727
>>120043769
>>120043777
While the second half was pretty meh (especially the last 2 episodes), I did like the evil Ryuko part. I think they did it pretty well, managing to keep her personality practically the same while changing the way you see that personality a lot. Or maybe I just really wanted to see Ryuko beat the shit out of Satsuki.
>>120044015
>"fun is a buzzword"
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>120040748

Kill la Kill has gone mainstream!

Kill la Kill will be aired on Toonami this February.
>>
Fuck the haters, by the way, how did NANI SORE turn out on the dub?
>>
>>120044261
Ryuko and Senketsu dubs are terrible though. I doubt it will pick up as much traction as it could have, were the dub voices even close to the original's quality VAs.
>>
>>120044363
Apparently she's the only one who's actually kind of better in the dub.
English is a pretty good language for harsh voices like hers I suppose, so it makes sense.
>>
>>120044440
No I mean, the actual Nani Sore scene. I know she's great in the dub.
>>
File: adachi dumbest shit.jpg (59 KB, 312x321) Image search: [Google]
adachi dumbest shit.jpg
59 KB, 312x321
>>120044241
The point was the show was supposed to do things differently, not ride the 'MADE BY THE SAME PEOPLE WHO DID TTGL' train to rely on viewers.

I kept expecting a twist because the show did do a good job of getting me hype as fuck at times. I remember everyone was pleading that Satsuki could become the MC when she appeared in Senketsu because it would have done a decent job of making Ryuuko a shit MC come full circle. But it sticks to a cliche formula then turns around and says "GUYS SUPER SERIOUS SCENE COMING UP, PLEASE TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY"

It wasn't bad but it sure did waste its opportunities to be something special.
>>
>>120040748
>click here for full resolution
>>
>>120040748
>it ain't that bad
saying it ain't that bad, actualy means it IS that bad.
>>
>>120044363
She squawks "What's THAT supposed to mean!?" instead. It's ok.
>>
>>120043769
>Tsumugu's character

Don't even remind of that butchery.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.