[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should i skip the anime and just go straight to the films since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: 144423412838.gif (972 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
144423412838.gif
972 KB, 500x341
Should i skip the anime and just go straight to the films since the movie is a reboot?
>>
>>135344309
The Rebuilds are very, very different from the show. It's basically Anno going "Shit, people won't let me fucking move on now that I'm happy and have a real budget. Fucking fine, I'll pull a Michael Bay."

And that's the Rebuilds. It's like asking "should I get into transformers with Beast Wars or Dark of the Moon"; they're not in any way equivalent.

Watch the anime, watch End of Evangelion and if you just want more, prettier, dumber Eva combat and roughly the same characters after your mind gets fucked from the ride down into depressing hell then watch the Rebuilds.
>>
>>135344309
You're fucked up anon
The films looked more concise anyways
I couldnt watch them after marathoning the T.V series.
>>
rebuild is to eva what samurai X is to kenshin
>>
>>135344609
Not OP but good, I'll just watch the rebuilds then.
>>
>>135344309
1) Watch the Blu-Ray TV series, including the Director's Cut of 21-24 and the original 25-26. Sephirotic subs are good. I would have recommended 2D4U (aka RX782) if he managed to fix his episode 19, but until he does, I can't.

2) Watch the movie End of Evangelion (EoE), which is an alternate view of episodes 25-26. Again, Sephirotic subs are good, and miles better than Commie (who crops frames for some odd reason).

Some people will tell you to not bother with episodes 25-26 in the TV series, since EoE in a sense replaces them. I don't recommend this, because you will eventually want to watch the original 25-26 for the sake of completeness, and when you do, it will be anti-climactic if you do this after watching EoE. It's a better viewing experience (and more true to the original viewing experience) if you watch the TV series 25-26 before watching EoE.

3) After this, there is no compelling reason to watch Death, Rebirth, Death (True), or Death (True)². These are all rehashes of the same film content you've seen before. They may have a different effect on you in how the film is presented, but there is no new material.

4) The Rebuild movie series are a different beast entirely. If you want to watch them after Eva, wait a while until you forget most of Eva, because it'll feel like a rewatch for the first and part of the second movies. The third movie is completely original, and also controversial. As for sub groups, the two bigs are CoalGirls and THORA. I don't remember the differences, you can look them up in the archives.
>>
>>135345309
>CoalGirls and THORA
THORA is ranked higher on nyaa, no clue why.
>>
>>135344309
>his semen on his right hand
How?
>>
>>135346072
Fap with your left, catch with your right.
>>
>>135346238
But Shinji is right-handed.
>>
>>135346467
Since dominant hand is more capable, it's usually used for other tasks while fapping, e.g. clicking, typing, catching.
>>
>>135345309
y would i spend time reading when im trying to watch a cartoon. how about a dubs
>>
>>135345309
>tfw watched NGE a week before BDs got released
>>
>>135344309
Watch all of the TV episodes, then watch End of Evangelion, then watch the rebuilds.
>>
>>135346651
Literally me
>>
>>135344309
>rebuild
>disgusting CGI mechas
Fuck off with that shit, original TV series and EoE it is
>>135345309
What? NGE's BDs got released? I already downloaded ADV Platinum Perfect edition DVDs so I ain't gonna download that shit again
Plus how major is the difference between DVD and BD anyway?
>>135346731
>Dub
The dub is good except shinji sounds more of a whiny cunt and misato's voice sucks
besides that, the dub is superior than the sub
>>
>>135346780
that happend to me almost, too
I loaded the normal Version.
Then I was like: I'll wait 1 or 2 weeks before i start watching it.

And then I stumbled over the bluray thread on /a/
>>
>>135347088
>acting elitist when you didn't even know BDs were out
lmao @ u
>>
>>135345309
Didn't Death have some high quality reanimated scenes? (Rei's smile when SHinji goes to check on her inside her Eva) and more
>>
>>135347120
>implying I lurk evageeks 24x7 and shitpost in their forums like an autist
>>
>>135347142
if you came to /a/ even once after november you should've known faggot
>>
>>135345309
>50+gb
>just for 26 episodes
>not even dual audio
no thanks, I'll get the dvd release
>>
>>135347142
Were you not fucking here? This shit had at least 4 threads a day.
>>
>>135347167
I knew that the BDs were out in japan but I didn;t knew someone had already ripped them and uploaded a torrent of them
>>
>>135347177
>being this much of a loser
Are you an Australian that can't handle downloading that much?
>>
>>135347203
And I repeat
>if you came to /a/ even once after november you should've known faggot
>>
>>135347179
The hell is the point of downloading the blurays anyway? It's not like I'm gonna watch this shit on a 42" tv and it's not like they fixed the animation errors that plagued the dvd releases
>>
>>135347268
Because they look good? Why else would you get a bluray.
>>
>>135347268
>? It's not like I'm gonna watch this shit on a 42" tv

This fucking pleb
>>
>>135347268
>you will never be this stupid.
Thank God.
>>
>>135347433
>>135347575
spotted the autists
>>
>>135344309
No.
While the first movie is pretty much an adaptation of the first 7 episodes of the anime, it does enough shit differently to foreshadow that things are going to turn out a lot differently down the road, some examples being everyone knowing that Lilith is impaled on the cross instead of Adam, there being 4 Adams, there being a moon base, etc.
So yeah, understanding things in the Rebuild series requires you to watch the tv series and EoE. I don't think they explain or hint what the Lances do in Rebuild.
>>
>>135344609
This
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.