[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Monogatari Power Levels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: KanbaruvsShinobu.png (853 KB, 954x528) Image search: [Google]
KanbaruvsShinobu.png
853 KB, 954x528
With this surprising upset, it's time re-evaluate the monogatari banter/conversation power levels

S-TIER
1. Kaiki
>managed to convince the murderous Nadeko to give up godhood
>convinced Crab to let him go free and even managed to get around the deal they made and return to the city
>high defense (was immune to Gaen)
>would've caught onto Ougi's scheme if he wasn't distracted battling the high level threat Nadeko

2. Ougi
>S-rank manipulation skill
>excels at suggestion
>Hanekawa sees right through
>lost to tits
>not good as direct confrontation

A-TIER
3. Senjougahara
>also managed to talk down Nadeko briefly
>clearly lower level than Kaiki
>extremely high insult potential
>weakness is the class Araragi

4. Nadeko
>brought the mad bantz to her classmates
>Araragi's banter power was completely ineffective, almost getting him killed
>manipulated her way into becoming a god
>A-rank banter defense (best in the series
>weak to suggestion (Ougi)

B-TIER
5. Suruga
>managed to roast the shit out of Shinobu
>simple but effective attack strategies

6. Araragi
>sexually harasses girls and uses his bantz to make them not care
>weak against both Ougi and Naedko
>S-rank comedic straight man
>Greatest feat: Convinced Kagenui

7. Shinobu
>B-rank roasting (an A-rank would've roasted Nadeko enough until she was on her knees in defeat. Instead she got stabbed)
>A-rank vocal aesthetics
>doesn't have the power levels to sustain herself during high-risk conversations

C-TIER
8. Hanekawa
>waited until she was eighteen to ask her parents for a room, indicating low power levels
>Greatest feat: resisting Ougi's plans. This was mainly due to her deductive skills than her bantz though
>didn't have the banter power level to successfully talk down her own personality in the form of an aberration

D-TIER
9. Sodachi
>can't control her own class as a rep
>got punished for a crime she couldn't commit (extremely low power levels)
>emotionally unstable
>broke down in front of araragi/hanekawa
>>
>>134782276
Cont,

N/A TIER

-Gaen
>S-tier knowledge
>hasn't been in enough matches to compeletly grasp power levels

Ononoki
>not enough feats

Snail
>A-tier comedy lingo
>hasn't been in enough high-intensity linguistic scenarios to properly judge power levels

Bird
>not enough feats

Karen is probably in D-tier
>>
>>134782276
Cat on top of everything or GTFO
>>
Can't wait for the delusional catfags.
>>
>>134782419
She's the smartest in the series, but she can't banter with the high levels
>>
>>134782419
She's only on top at being shit.
>>
shit taste detected
>>
>>134782533
these are power level rankings faggot, best girl list is different
>>
>>134782276
RETARD-TIER
>you
>this thread
>everyone in it
>>
File: 1234565435654.jpg (59 KB, 448x473) Image search: [Google]
1234565435654.jpg
59 KB, 448x473
>>134782611
>>134782632
>>
File: doublesguy.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
doublesguy.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
This is now a dubs thread
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 786x442) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 786x442
>>134782276
Stopping Mid Sentence Tier
1. Bird
>doesn't give a fuck
>loves to banter
>easily talked into foolish things by her sister
>forgets the presence of a blonde vampire if her brother claims there was none
>>
I think Crab should be in the S tier and Nadeko should be in the B tier.
Araragi should be in the A tier as well as Monkey.
>>
>>134782914
Snake would definitely be in C tier or lower.
Crab should be in A tier with monkey and Araragi.
>>
>>134782276
>A-TIER
>3. Senjougahara
Stopped reading right there. She hasn't even been relevant for everything after Bake.
>>
>>134783014
Crab is retarded not powerful.
>>
Meme >>>> All
>>
>>134782952
she's A-tier for defense alone, it took the best in the series to take her down without being killed
>>
>>134783014
Did you even watch SS? And she's proven in her screentime that she has high power levels
>>
I just wanna submit to monkey.

All in all, a decent list. I don't like lolis, so I appreciate having them low on the list. Crab and Monkey are tied for best of the best.
>>
>>134782276
I like Nadeko but the whole point is that she's highly conflict avoidant.
>>
>>134782276
Personally, felt the whole exchange silly and out of place. Values shift over time and different creatures have different fears and so different values. It was completely ignored there.

From the earlier story arcs, I thought Shinobu's worst nightmare is to be a betrayer. For the vampire kind, it's inevitable of course, because forever is a long time and they live that forever. Just like Araragi foresaw the day he would hate Shirobu and blame her for things she was not responsible, when they were stranded in that desolate parallel world, she knows the day she betrays Araragi will inevitably come. That I thought is the core of her arc, her reason for wanting die for Araragi;once dead, her fear, herself will be removed and her love will be undead by itself.

Shino fears to meet her old minion because she loved him in a vampire way, she saw him as an equal and not as a food, and now even after he betrayed her, she is terrified to hurt him because that is too symbolical of the Karma of her kind.

ishio, of course, has his own line of logic, and the money speaks that mortal logic, but I just cannot follow that...
Am I too autistic?
>>
>>134783852
I didn't understand nishio writing at first too anon.
You're just denying the obvious at this point. Stop trying to postulate on what the characters 'might' do and say and focus on what is said.
Suruga was right because she fell in love with Araragi after Senjo got to him or Senjo before Arararagi got to her(most likely both given her character) and thus she knows the feeling of being 'second'. That was the entire point of the conversation and why she couldn't back down, because she wanted Shinobu to realize that the reason why she was acting aloof was not that 'she didn't care' but because she did care and thus wanted distance from the problem.
Sugu, who is the goddess of straightforward lifestyle and thought couldn't tolerate that kind of behavior. Hence why Gaen left them both alone.
>>
>>134782276
>Crab
>A tier
>above both Araragi and Shinobu

>Crab
>above a vampire god
>>
>>134784334
You are not getting my point at all.
There are different solutions to the same problem and different creatures of course have a different solution and none is objectively right.
My point is that Shinobu is a vampire, so her way is naturally different from the monkey's and when that is obvious, why was there that exchange or was that conversation of any importance?

Everyone has a personal code of moral and the preferred way to deal with things, and their own emotional issues.There is no way to make everyone happy, so we just have to deal with it rather than asking others to solve things MY way.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.