[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fix Dragon Ball Super
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: dbz3.jpg (10 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
dbz3.jpg
10 KB, 299x168
Okay, let's assume for a second that the animation in Dragon Ball Super was actually really well done instead of being complete dogshit. Storywise, the series is still a complete shambles, even by Dragon Ball standards.

What would you do to fix it, or at least make it stand up to the standards of Dragon Ball Z? In terms of plot, character development, music, you name it
>>
>>134737190
>the standards of Dragon Ball Z
Let's not kid ourselves.
>>
>>134737254
I'm using that term very lightly friendo, Dragon Ball was the high point of the franchise and Z was a clusterfuck, but Super is even more so
>>
>>134737190
That's the problem, though. DB and DBZ have always been incredibly simple stories. Fact of the matter is, you people only think this shit is worse story-wise because you're older and have experienced varying degrees of storytelling since, all of which serve as better examples of writing that anything DB has ever churned out. I'm not saying the franchise as a whole is bad. I'm just saying it's not some godsend like some people pretend it is.

Super is far from good, sure, but it's not like the source material is miles ahead.
>>
>>134737190
>>134737345

If youre so damn fucking autistic to not realize DBZ is about the fucking screaming power ups and "NO FUCK U IM STRONGER THANU" battle clips, this pretty much confirms your autism

No one gives two shits about the story you fucking shitlord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXFG6y6yzQ
>>
>>134737456
dude this show is for kids to young teens.

I am enjoying super desu. i dont really know what everyone was expecting. obviously its not perfect and so far its not as good as dragonball but to say its shit is being way to harsh.

mainly the things i would change are the way the side cast is treated. I mean is the frieza returns saga gohan is the only side member who has done anything of significance and even though hes my favorite character it would be cool to see tien or krillin more involved. also the pacing could be better as well in general
>>
File: 1343898959629.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1343898959629.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>>134737456
Speaking as a viewer who had to watch through several reiterations of the Saiyan saga up to the new episode of the Namek saga only to once again reset, I think I wouldve rather had the manga be miles ahead in a different form.
>>
>>134737572
>If youre so damn fucking autistic to not realize DBZ is about the fucking screaming power ups and "NO FUCK U IM STRONGER THANU" battle clips, this pretty much confirms your autism
>if youre autistic, this confirms your autism
nice

call it what you like, DBZ may have been shit but DBS is even shitter. Even if we put the 'story' aside for a second, even the fights are done worse currently than they were in Dragon Ball Z
>>
>>134737190
This is a Saturday morning cartoon, that's like criticizing SpongeBob for being shallow and simple. DBZ had a prime time spot in Japan, now it's a kids show. Times are a changin
>>
>>134737747
>Premise: Claiming you have autism
>Conclusion: Confirming the premise
>Says "nice" but actually doesnt understand this is completely coherent

nice.

kill you're self while your at it
>>
They shouldn't have brought Frieza back for one. It makes no sense on multiple levels.
>>
>>134737899
I'd point out that you got the premise of the statement wrong, but I'm fairly certain you already figured that out and just hoped you wouldn't get caught.

Try harder next time.
>>
All of the good stuff in Super so far has been the filler/Slice Of Life stuff pre-Beerus and between the BoG and RoF sagas. So, with that being said:
>More slice of life episodes and episodes focusing on side characters
>Neither Battle Of Gods nor Resurrection F should've been longer than 6ish episodes a pop; 6 episodes still gives at least two hours of run-time, longer than the movies they were based on
>A 2 episode retelling of Yo! Son Goku and Friends Return, with Tarble and Abo Cado, before the Battle Of Gods saga begins
>After BoG, they could tie Abo and Cado into Frieza's resurrection somehow
>Background music similar to the stuff they used in the original Dragon Ball
If Dragon Ball did adventure and Dragon Ball Z did action, Dragon Ball Super should've done comfy. That way they'd each have their own niche, unlike Dragon Ball GT which just tried combining the good bits of DB and Z, failing miserably
>>
>>134737190
>the standards of Dragon Ball Z?
Hahahahahahaha

I mean, maybe if you were talking about the manga but you're clearly not so hahahahahahaha
>>
>>134738004
why? the revived him with the dragon balls that makes perfect sense.
>>
>>134738710
not the guy you responded to, but bringing Frieza back seemed like a coward move on the part of the creators

Frieza already got rekt once, came to Earth, got rekt again by Trunks, and if I'm not mistaken, Goku fights him in hell in GT and Frieza (among others) all get resurrected in the Fusion Reborn film. The latter two aren't canon, but nonetheless bringing back Frieza just stinks of "we're not confident enough to make Dragon Ball Super work on it's own merits, so here we are rehashing old villains". I get that the new Dragon Ball films and DBS have effectively been cash grabs that play on the nostalgia of DB/Z, but bringing back Frieza just seems a bit too on-the-nose for my tastes
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.