[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
.hack//sign > SA:O We can all agree on this right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: HackSign04_Mimiru.jpg (47 KB, 540x544) Image search: [Google]
HackSign04_Mimiru.jpg
47 KB, 540x544
.hack//sign > SA:O

We can all agree on this right?
>>
How come I must know
>>
I haven't watched SAO, but I knew it followed the idea of the .Hack series.

It's sad that I can even think of a franchise more dumb than .Hack but I wouldn't doubt Japan could pull it off.

The only cyber-world crossing into the real world series anyone needs to see is Lain.
>>
I have a lot of nostalgia for .hack//Sign, but I rewatched it recently and it hasn't quite aged as well as I hoped.

It's fantastic at world building and character interactions. Unlike SAO where literally the entire world revolves around Kirito, pretty much every major player in Sign interacts and the MC is honestly often missing or in the background. There's also a lot of shifting relationships in it until near the end where almost everyone pretty much comes together.

It also has one of the BEST soundtracks in any anime I've ever seen. That has most definitely not changed.

The animation itself is hilariously underwhelming, but it's nowhere near as bad as //roots was. My other main issue was that the pacing was pretty terrible overall.

It's a great show, and if you were into the games and all that back then, you'd obviously love it, but I'm not sure how a non-fan watching it in 2015 would react.
>>
Despite the MMO setting, they're too different to warrant a comparison.

SAO doesn't bother with the "real world" situation at all and focuses entirely on the gaming aspects and character interactions(which always involve Kirito and Asuna, since those are the only ones that matter.).

While SIGN was full of talking heads discussing Tsukasa's situation and how it affects the other characters, with each character having their own story and background instead of just being there to make Tsukasa look superior, the "real world" was very much an issue in SIGN.

I greatly prefer .hack//SIGN.
>>
>>134510360
The gameplay aspect in SIGN is very shoddy and used as a plot tool, what kind of a game allows a player to permanently turn into a landmark?
>>
>>134509673

I suppose if I were to compare it to the movie industry, SAO is the blockbuster. Simple and easy to understand, very marketable.
.hack//sign is more artistic and has more depth, but not as many people will like or appreciate it.

That said, they're both very different and not worth comparing to eachother, the general concept of being stuck in an mmorpg is the only thing that ties them together.
>>
>>134509673
.hack//SIGN is a masterpiece that only shit eaters don't appreciate.
>>
>>134510955
It's good but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece.
If we're talking soundtrack alone, yes, that is a masterpiece.

It does very well for a video game tie-in.
>>
File: Games.jpg (2 MB, 2972x2100) Image search: [Google]
Games.jpg
2 MB, 2972x2100
Who did it best?
Who did it worst?
What was your personal favorite?
>>
>>134509673
I enjoyed .hack up until the kid started getting his second wave of god powers. At that point I lost track and interest.
>>
>>134511060
For me it's a masterpiece, I wish I was able to create half as good narrative works with such an atmosphere.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.