[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one has good dystopian setting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: PPSSY.jpg (137 KB, 819x398) Image search: [Google]
PPSSY.jpg
137 KB, 819x398
Which one has good dystopian setting?
>>
I like the world of Psycho-Pass because it treads the line between a dystopia and a utopia.
>>
>>134084640
SSY
>>
>>134084726
Funny fact: Utopia means "no-where".

Yes. The entire book was the author going on an extended bitch fit rant about how everybody was a bunch of bastards and everyone sucked, all the time, everywhere.

It's more or less as involved in doing so as Candide, and Candide is pretty dragged in terms of belaboring one point or joke, too.

For what it's worth I think it, or something more or less using the plot but in a different context would also be pretty funny as an anime or cartoon, too. Or interesting anyway.
>>
>>134084640
SSY was the better application of the phrase "dystopia" because it looks great at first glance. Everyone has special powers and is super happy, but look deeper and it's really fucked up.

Psycho-Pass established from the start that it's not a great place to live in, what with innocent people being killed because the computers say so.
>>
>>134084726
There's no such thing as a utopia anon
>>
>>134084640
SSY is so much better than Psycho-Pass.
>>
>>134084726
That's pretty much all Dystopian fiction
>>
SSY was such an awkward show.
Something about it just felt wrong, yet I still don't know what.
>>
File: both.png (88 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
both.png
88 KB, 260x260
>>134084640
>>
>>134087577
>Something about it just felt wrong, yet I still don't know what.
You've yet to cope with the fact that Squealer was right perhaps?
>>
>>134084640
SSY
>>
>>134084726
Where the hell do you see any utopian tendencies in Psycho-Pass?
It's a flat-out dystopian nightmare.
>>
>>134087577
That's how it's meant to feel. The show had personality.
>>
>>134088639
it's between 1984 and Brave New World, the latter of which is utopian in the sense that every need of every citizen is "met" (and manufactured).
>>
>>134088108
The characters were awful and boring, which was a shame because the overall plot was pretty decent.
>>
>>134088836
Saki, Satoshi, Squealer and Kiromaru were good.
>>
Can anyone tell me what the second anime is called?
>>
>>134088108
thats what made it a dystopia. normal humans arnt just put down by the evil corporation/government, they were literally bred/changed into another species. Its a bad end.
>>
>>134090531
From the newfag
>>
>>134090531
You could have found it by searching for "ssy anime", and if that wasn't enough you could add "Squealer" too. Everything is in the thread.

It's called Shin Sekai Yori
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.