[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jojo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: jjsc3pose.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
jjsc3pose.jpg
107 KB, 1280x720
Just finished part 2 and really loved it.
Joseph had such a great mix of wit and goofiness. Found him much better than Jonathon.
I didn't think it could get any better but now I'm three eps into part 3 and it's getting really good. Glad to see Joseph back.
Does it only get better from here on out boys?
>>
>>144361915
Not really. Starting from Part 3, Jojo turns into "monster of the week". And Jotaro is pretty boring desu. Fights are good though.
>>
not until part 4
>>
>Does it only get better from here on out boys?

So long as you're not insistent that Jojo = "men with limbs the size of tree trunks" and you don't jerk off the ripple like the second coming of Christ (as many people have recently), sure. Though I wasn't a huge fan of Part 3, it had some good stuff too.
>>
>>144361915
I order parts 7>4>2>6>3>5>8>1

While most people seem to agree 7,4, and 2, the rest seem down to personal preference. Especially part 8 since it hasn't been finished yet.
>>
>>144362050
>Starting from Part 3, Jojo turns into "monster of the week".
Does that continue all the way on to part 8?

Is the series completely "stands fighting other stands" from part 3 on out?
>>
>>144364439
Yes,but the stands figths become good after part 4.
IMO,Part 4 > 7 > 5 > 2 > 6 > 3 > 1
>>
>>144364439
The monster if the week thing is inherent to part 3 because they travel around the world , part 4/is more of a slice of life/ investigation part
Also remember that Araki experimented a lot during part 3 , fight get better in part 4
>>
>>144365268
Not that I have anything against stand battles, but that's kind of disappointing. I actually liked parts 1 and 2, and while what I've seen of 3 has been interesting, it feels weird that apparently all the hamon/vampires/zombies/pillar men shit is dropped for the rest of the series.

Are there at least callbacks to those things in later parts? I mean, other than Dio's existence.
>>
>>144365465
The problem of the ripple is that it was a Deus ex Machina , it had no rule and you could do OP shit completely out of the blue
With Stand ,there are rules, and it's way more understandable than "It's Hamon I don't have to explain shit"
>>
>>144365465
You will see other vamps in part 3. Also the events of part 3 are referenced a lot up thru part 6.
>>
Yes, even with the monster of the week formula. There are some really good Stand battles in part 3, but they really start getting creative in part 4, with parts 5 and 6 getting progressively more bizarre.
>>144365465
Parts 7 and 8 are filled with callbacks that don't make sense unless you've read/watched parts 1-4, yeah. There are some minor references to parts 5 and 6, too, just not as many. Hamon is never brought up again after part 4 (and even then, it's only shown off like once in that part), but part 7 has something that is pretty similar to it.
>>
>>144364439
3 and 5 have the monster of the week formula, but the fights and characters in 5 are good enough that it's still enjoyable despite that.
I'd rank them as this:
7>4>5>6>2>3>1
8 has the potential to become the best part.
>>
why so much gays on /a/
>>
>>144364439
Yes, but it's not just because of better fights that JoJo keeps getting better (although what everyone said is true). While still introducing a new stand power each episode, from part 4 onwards there's a constant and more concrete sense of progression in each arc.
In part 3 it's just one goon after another to take out in order to continue the journey, while in part 4 most episodes advance the investigation or shed new light on the antagonist, in part 5 there are more turns of events/objectives etc.
It gets better in a sense that it gets more complete and polished.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.