[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the death of Gohan as a chracter. Now he is an Oolong,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 170
File: loserman.jpg (86 KB, 759x427) Image search: [Google]
loserman.jpg
86 KB, 759x427
This is the death of Gohan as a chracter. Now he is an Oolong, a relic from a forgotten past.

F
>>
File: 234567894567.png (140 KB, 1174x512) Image search: [Google]
234567894567.png
140 KB, 1174x512
>>144354969
>>
>>144354969
FUCK OFF DBZ FAGS JUST FUCK OFF AND GO AWAY
>>
>>144356008
so....he became a bland background character. I'm pretty sure lots of people in the DBS universe lives in a house with their family. How does this make him entertaining or interesting in any way?

Should we lower our standards just to be contrarians and say "who cares if he's boring and not cool, at least he has a family"
>>
>>144356458
Not all of the characters are dedicated to fighting. Some of them only fight casually or when they are forced to. It was stated many, numerous fucking times, even by Gohan himself, that he didn't like fighting. So now here we are when he's older and he has everything he always wanted, and now you faggots claim he's a "bland background character". Just fuck off back to /v/ this is a bait thread anyway.
>>
>>144354969

Rip Gohan

The kid that was pathetic and worthless at young age.

Then he grew older only to murder his father after failing to stop Cell properly.

After becoming an Adult he FAILS to stop Buu and dies again making the situation far worse than before.

Great Character. Lots of potential utterly wasted since he is a complete failure as a fighter.

Its good that he now sticks to his real skill.
>>
>>144356658
Yes, but this is Dragonball. If this was like a sitcom or a slice-of-life then yeah he has a family. Having a family isn't really character, it's Toriyama once again being a shitty writer. Gohan was being built up as the next Goku and Goten was shown training a lot. But Goku had to stay the MC so everyone else are just jobbers. It's not about fun adventures, it's just powerlevels and meaningless fights with no emotional impact whatsoever.

Dragonball always had the worst writing even by shonen standards. For fucks sake SSG and Golden Frieza are fanfiction levels of cringe. Toriyama even forgets his own characters sometimes and just introduces new ones that weren't foreshadowed early on. He's like an elementary school student writing a fanfic about fighting.

>"Oh wow, Frieza! One of the most powerful tyrants in the universe! Humans don't stand a chance!"
>"But wait! Someone on earth created a being more powerful than Frieza!"
>"Wait! There's this ancient creature that was more powerful all along!"
>"There was actually a god of destruction all this time! He wasn't foreshadowed or anything, but he's there!"

No one likes Dragonball for writing. But Gohan doesn't even have much character at this point. He's not interesting or entertaining in any way. "B-but he has a family!" So do a lot of background characters.
>>
>>144356710
I love the time change in Xenoverse when Buu decided "you know what fuck fighting Gohan, i'm just going to blow up the Earth"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xeyb5oI529k&ab_channel=RandomBlackGamer
>>
>>144356710
It's not even that he's a failure at fighting. He just fails to be...anything. Why should I even care about this character? What does he do that's compelling or fun? He's just there, he just exists. There's no point to this character.
>>
File: 1457814457381.jpg (22 KB, 540x521) Image search: [Google]
1457814457381.jpg
22 KB, 540x521
>>144356658
>It was stated many, numerous fucking times, even by Gohan himself, that he didn't like fighting.
He didn't liked but he still did fight. He always tried hard to help his friends, he trained even when he was literally worthless next to Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo and Trunks even though he didn't like it.
But now, for whatever reason (writer's convenience desu) he suddenly stops training even threats keep appearing one after the other and it's supposedely fine now.
Look, nobody is asking for him to be strongest or the protagonist again. But is it really too damn much to ask for one of the main characters to be somewhat relevant? Even Piccolo's process of fading into background was sort of gradual and he still had his moments; Gohan went literally from number one to zero.
>>
File: 1467688210593.gif (2 MB, 346x194) Image search: [Google]
1467688210593.gif
2 MB, 346x194
>>144357020
Gohan was a major character in Dragon Ball Z which combined with he fact that he was Goku's son came off as him seeming to be the next main character. I'm sorry you're upset that didn't come true but have you ever tried really thinking about how Gohan is as a character? He's a shit fighter despite his innate power, peaceful, somewhat more bland than goku, and hates fighting. He would make a bad main character and that path wouldn't fit his stated past goals.

>"He wasn't foreshadowed or anything, but he's there!"

Heard this from a lot of people lately, bitching about new plot and why it just simply emerged. You can't foreshadow everything nor do you have to, and no that's not bad writing because not everything has to be foreshadowed anyway. Foreshadowing only serves to alert the reader/viewer of important details and future events. It also strengthens the buildup and climax of a story and in an ongoing series like this, you can't foreshadow something you haven't even created yet.
>>
>>144357262
He was 5 years old then. Now that he has his own brain, personality, and goals, he chose a different life. Also he doesn't even need to train anymore considering he knows Goku and Vegeta.
>>
>>144356008
How dare he be happier than I am.
>>
>All the characters were created for my own and only amusement and if the character deviates from my headcanon the character is shit
>>
>>144356008
>Gohan fans continue to be outraged at how he does things unrelated to fighting in a fighting anime

This is a battle shonen, not a slice of life anime. It'd be as if in K-ON one of the most beloved characters just dropped out of the light music club. It's a fucking light music anime.
>>
>>144356658
>be one of a handful of of people out of countless trillions who can actually fight against world-ending terrors from deep space
>the son of one of the most powerful beings to ever exist, but who has been killed several times to illustrate the gravity of their situation
>lol nah I'll be a teacher instead

Whether he likes fighting or not, he doesn't really have a choice and he used to understand that
Vegeta rightfully mocked him before the whole Buu saga for that
>>
>>144356387
Learn how to filter, faggot.
>>
File: Gohan super dad.png (1 MB, 640x1908) Image search: [Google]
Gohan super dad.png
1 MB, 640x1908
>>144354969
>forgetting this
>not realizing its just Gohan being Gohan this episode wanting to show off his family to his friend from the future
>Gohan didn't even ask why FTrunks came by anyway
>>
>>144354969
If Goku ends up killing Black I'm fucking dropping this show.
>>
>>144361190
>Gohan didn't even ask why FTrunks came by anyway
This was probably the worst of all. Trunks was looking like a goddamn beaten down hobo.
>>
>>144361259
when Gohan finds out he will feel like a shit head and go apologize
>>
>>144361347
I'd be surprised if he even shows up again during this entire arc. Same with Goten.
>>
File: Toriyama's shit eating grin.jpg (81 KB, 619x810) Image search: [Google]
Toriyama's shit eating grin.jpg
81 KB, 619x810
>>144361206

Then you might as well drop it now
>>
File: dbz207-20.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
dbz207-20.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>>144361399
Goten and Gohan will have a super arc just you wait ;_;
>>
>>144361679
Goten is just fusion fodder for a fodder character.
Give it up. Videl and Gohan have lost all agency as characters.
>>
File: gohan, goten, and trunks.jpg (135 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
gohan, goten, and trunks.jpg
135 KB, 1024x768
>>144361737
I'll never give up
>>
>>144361857
There's always fanfiction anon.
>>
>>144361190
It's not like getting trained by Piccolo will make much of a difference anyway. He'll be lucky if he gets to SS2 again and that just won't cut it. It's better if he just sticks to being a scholar. Better to be a successful scholar and a jobber than a full-time jobber.
>>
>>144356008

The whole point of a dream job is finding something enjoyable for a living.m he doesn't have to work. Whatever he does can just be a hobby
>>
>>144361679
I'm pretty sure Toriayama planned something pretty good, but he forgot at the end of the day. Ayy lmao
>>
>>144361988
no I can just watch Broly Second coming cause so far thats the closest i've gotten so far
>>
>>144362037
elder kai was able to read manga while pointing at gohan to become stronger. All piccolo needs to do is get gohan in tip top shape.
>>
>>144354969
His brother won't make the same mistake, For he shall rise up and become a warrior worthy of his resemblance to Bardock and Goku unlike his pathetic trash-tier "Scholar" brother.
>>
>>144361737
Goten will play hide and seek with the pathetic Earthlings when he is grounded for not studying and forbidden from going to the Multiverse Tournament.
>>
>>144361988
But all of the fanfics suck.
>>
>>144357262

He fought because of editors' meddling. Gohan in Super is consistent with his characterization.

Besides, Toei made Gohan a lot braver in 90's because Koyama wanted another messianic self-insert just like his incarnation of Goku.

90's DBZ anime fucked up Toriyama's characterizations a lot just to appeal to 11 years old kids.

>Muh selfless Goku who cared about the others
>Muh overexaggerated education mama
>Muh brave Gohan

those 3 things never existed in the manga.
>>
>>144363515
They are pretty good man.

Legend of the Ultimate by AlphaDelta1001 reviews
There is a point in time where a hero discovers his true potential. One hero in particular, has already discovered it. Watch as Gohan grows and discovers his ture power! COMPLETE

A classic masterpiece.
>>
>>144363618
Gimme one good fanfic where Goten and Trunks are both given their own identity (separate from one another) are the main characters don't rely on the other characters for everything and also fulfil their potential and i will retract my statement.
>>
>>144363366
End of Z is still canon, in spite of what Uubhaters say
>>
>>144363763
Goten and Trunks are too busy fucking Mary Sues or each other on the fics for having any semblance of character development
>>
>>144363866
Exactly, It's either Raditz fics, Goku fics or Vegeta fics, sometimes there are quality Gohan fics but it is overall difficult to find a decent one that isn't just Ultimate Gohan throughout the whole damn fanfic.
>>
>>144363962
What are the quality ones?
>>
File: 1466788398829.jpg (57 KB, 525x382) Image search: [Google]
1466788398829.jpg
57 KB, 525x382
>>144356008
Gohan's whole deal since the beginning is that he has a way bigger potential than anyone else in the cast. It started to die in the Buu arc but now it's definitely gone in Super.

Can't let anyone steal the spotlight from Goku and Vegeta.
>>
>>144363763

Intangible by chainsmokingnun

But here is Trunks. With the sweet smell of cinnamon rum on his lips, the ever present rise and fall of his chest, the bluest eyes he’d ever seen. They’d been friends ever since they came out of the womb. But now he felt intangible. If Goten reached out to touch him, he’d become a cloud of dust.

Yet another one for the ages.
>>
>>144364045
There are a few that i have personally liked although they may not be your taste.

Wish for the past

A misspoken wish lands Goten in the past, traveling alongside Bardock, the grandfather he never knew. Concerned for his friend's safety, Trunks soon joins him, and together they travel from Vegeta-sei to Earth, trying to find a way back home. -Complete-

Order and Might

AU: Goku has the same accident that erased his memories and blood-thirsty Saiyan nature...on Planet Vegeta. In a galaxy ruled by power and violence, one boy and his group of outcasts is about to change the world. Featuring humans, Saiyans, and eventually, Namekians.

Never Ever Land

Guess the inspiration! A young Bulma embarks on an unexpected adventure with Goku, Krillin and a certain orphaned Prince, but the galaxy holds different sorts of adventures than Bulma has been used to so far. Not really as kid-friendly as a Disney film, hence the M rating for language, themes and hopefully some blood, guts and sex, but just like life, it starts out innocently.
>>
>>144364356
I'll give em a try. What about Gohan?

Thanks.
>>
>>144364394
Unfortunately it has been a long time since i read a Gohan fic, been more of into Goku-related stuff recently since i tired of the Vegeta central fics.

In return have another fic that i have personally enjoyed a bit with Goku as the central character.

In Pursuit of Vengeance

Raditz takes a different approach when he meets Goku, resulting in a successful retrieval of his brother. Goku is introduced to the planetary trade, but the Planet Trade may be in for more than they bargained for with the third class Saiyan's presence stirring up trouble no one saw coming.

It may sound like a typical "Raditz is merciful fic" but the first chapter quickly throws any notion of that away and while Goku is darker then in canon he still retains the same base personality in canon, one of my favorite plot points is when Goku is trained by Frieza
>>
>Trunks leaves at the end of the episode
>Say Gohan, why did Trunks come back in time again?
>Oh, I forgot to ask!
For any person with a functioning brain, that would've been the first thing they'd ask. Instead, Gohan buys him ice cream. That was some fucking shitty writing.
>>
>>144364160
Well, he just never liked figthing as much as his father did, and even if he liked it for a while, after surviving all the shit that happened to him since the begining of DB Z it is no surprise he came to dislike it more and more.
>>
>>144364160
Well to be fair, Goku is the main character. Vegeta can fuck off though.
>>
What did Chi-Chi mean by this?
>>
>>144365568

No it isn't. He hasn't seen Trunks in god knows how many years and was a valued friend during those dark times facing cell. Catching up with an old friend gets you excited that you forget things.

Besides retard, if he asked Trunks would have said he wanted to check up on his old master.
>>
>>144366735
>>144356008
This wouldn't be a point of such butthurt if they had just let Goku kill Cell. Having Gohan kill him implied a passing of the torch, which was immediately taken back with Buu. It felt really uncomfortable.

Gohan killing Cell is the source of all Gohanfags frustration to this day.
>>
>>144354969
It was a touching episode.

Don't you have anything better to do than shitpost on /a/ all day?
>>
>>144366735
>Well, he just never liked figthing as much as his father did

Which is what actually makes him a likeable and relatable character. He doesn't fight because he wants to, but because he has to.

Goku is pretty much an unlikeable douchebag now that would pick a fight with the king of everything and destroy the multiverse through it if the guy looked strong, just to satisfy his fucking fightingboner. Vegeta got his entire character development murdered, apart from the occasional "Muh Bulma!" moment. Everyone else isn't even a background character anymore. The fucking Pilaf Gang probably has the most screentime of the side characters, apart from Bulma, the Cat and the blue faggot.

The only good thing to come of Super was short hair bulma and her sister. And we'll probably never see her again, so there really is no hope left here.
>>
>Last thread was pretty good and discussing several things
>Gohanfags jump at a new thread to have the same discussion for the 10th time today

And some don't understand why everyone is full of their shit.
>>
File: Videlchi.gif (2 MB, 488x267) Image search: [Google]
Videlchi.gif
2 MB, 488x267
>>144367847
Trying to show her future daughter in law the correct way of pleasing her son.

How do you think she's dealt with the loneliness while Goku was dead? They live in the middle of bum fuck nowhere, it's not like anyone would find out.
>>
Background character Gohan is preferable to something like Buu Gohan.
>>
>>144354969
So, since Future Trunks got to reunite with Gohan, when will we get Trunks and 18: the most awkward silence in history?
>>
File: himex.cjb.net_69283_2_f.jpg (114 KB, 689x950) Image search: [Google]
himex.cjb.net_69283_2_f.jpg
114 KB, 689x950
>>144368639
>>
How did Mai turn young in Future Trunks timeline when the Dragon Balls were gone?
>>
File: SSJ2 Gohan power.jpg (250 KB, 799x758) Image search: [Google]
SSJ2 Gohan power.jpg
250 KB, 799x758
I was the last Gohanfag on /a/. But it's over bros. Our Gohan will never get fit again and be capable of protecting his loved ones.
>>
>>144368110
The entire new generation got cucked hard. At least Gohan had his 15 mins of fame but Goten and Trunks were castrated on their childhood.
>>
>>144368832
Most people assume that the Pilaf gang made their wish before the Cell saga. Seems reasonable.
>>
>>144368841
so depressed man gohan will never be relevant again :(
>>
>>144368638
Is the fucking shitposter in the last thread we were talking about Marron, but it's summer time.
>>
File: broly triggered.png (2 MB, 1633x925) Image search: [Google]
broly triggered.png
2 MB, 1633x925
>>144368917

Just hold out, if he doesn't enter the Multiverse tournament then he's gone forever.
>>
File: gohan gets raped.png (455 KB, 799x479) Image search: [Google]
gohan gets raped.png
455 KB, 799x479
>>144368638
Gohanfags don't know when it's time to give up.
>>
File: 1246313317512_f.jpg (44 KB, 500x355) Image search: [Google]
1246313317512_f.jpg
44 KB, 500x355
>>144368841
>I was the last Gohanfag on /a/
no you aren't, I'll never abandon my boy Gohan
>>
>>144368780
>Goddamnit Krillin, I thought it was just a dumb crush, I can't believe you went through with it
>>
>50+ of gohanfags crying like bitches

gas the thread, start over again
>>
>>144368780
I thought for sure Buu would show up at some point in this last episode and Trunks would freak out.
>>
>>144356008
Well, if he were an actual human being, I'd be happy for him. But he's a character in a martial arts anime. Not only that, he's potentially one of the most powerful ones. He could be on par with Vegeta and Goku. Of course we want him to fight; in this show you're irrelevant if you don't.
>>
>>144369048
He doesn't know what Buu looks like though.
He would just be confused at what that fat bubblegum man is.
>>
>>144368780
Hell, let him visit 17's park while he's at it
>>
File: Gohan vs Satan.gif (2 MB, 540x301) Image search: [Google]
Gohan vs Satan.gif
2 MB, 540x301
>>144368993
Did they ever follow up on that training he said he was going to do after the RoF arc?

But I think Gohan is done, his character arc has been completed. He was never a fighting junkie like his father, and only fought when he needed to. Take all your hopes and dream from Gohan, and put them into Pan now.
>>
>>144356008
First post, best post.
>>
File: 1434763135412.jpg (27 KB, 600x325) Image search: [Google]
1434763135412.jpg
27 KB, 600x325
>>144369041
>50+
>only 40 posters
>thread is a super discussion
>>
>>144369139
>Take all your hopes and dream from Gohan, and put them into Pan now.

That's a weird way of spelling Future Trunks.
>>
>>144368832
Every time
>>
>>144369139
>thinking pan will be relevant in super
you Retards are worse then the gohanfags
>>
>>144369241
She's a baby, no shit she's not going to be relevant in Super you retard.
>>
>>144369337

>implying she'll be a baby forever

then again, that is what happened to Marron isn't it...
>>
File: training.gif (2 MB, 540x301) Image search: [Google]
training.gif
2 MB, 540x301
>>144369139

He looked a bit buffer now than in the ROF arc, but other than that not really. He wanted to enter the Universe 6 tournament to show off his powers but had a conference.
>>
>>144369410

Krillin genes is the excuse. Just hold out a little longer, anon.
>>
>>144354969
>F
>>>/v/
>>
>>144356387
Probably a Re:zerofag.
>>
File: 1436797246704.gif (1 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1436797246704.gif
1 MB, 300x169
>>144369061
>Of course we want him to fight; in this show you're irrelevant if you don't.
>Bulma
>Irrelevant
>The character that likely saved earth and the entire universe more often than anyone else with her inventions (e.g. time machines, spaceships, training chambers, dragon radar)
>>
>>144369500
Can one inherit Android powers?
>>
>>144354969
I seriously doubt it. Gohan isn't dead yet trust me.
>>
>>144368638

That's the best part about Toriyama just stomping Gohanfags faces into the ground with a boot over and over again -- no one deserves it more.
>>
>>144369337
and yet panfags think she'll be something important.
>>
File: Black-sees-Trunks-is-happy.jpg (96 KB, 1920x1094) Image search: [Google]
Black-sees-Trunks-is-happy.jpg
96 KB, 1920x1094
What's that? You want Gohan to become part of the main cast again? That's a perfect way to add more drama! Trunks just got to see him happy, too.

Time to fix that.
>>
File: RIP Pan.gif (1 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
RIP Pan.gif
1 MB, 500x375
>>144369139
He needs someone to make him rage again.
>>
>>144369589
I was going to say this was the stupidest question.

Then I remembered this is a DB thread.
>>
So, what's your greatest fear for this saga?

Mine is that Future Trunks won't be a viable candidate to take down Black and it'll be up to Goku or Vegeta. After all he's been through, Trunks deserves this victory.
>>
>>144369724
DELETE THIS
>>
>>144369241
>>144369710

You don't actually think we're going to be staying in the gap between DBZ and End of Z do you?
>>
>>144369653
Please, the only ones "crying" are the faggots who don't anything better to do than shitpost on /a/. Toriyama is just doing what he knows to do; being lost to what to do with the non Goku characters.
>>
>>144369589
>>144369743
>She is the second artificial human, between her and her twin brother, designed by Dr. Gero to be created by fitting a human being with both bio-mechanical and cybernetic enhancements. The bio-mechanical enhancements are organic substances patterned after human cells, which makes it possible for Cell to merge with the androids at a cellular level.[4] Gero's experiments on her do not impede her ability to reproduce, as evidenced by her giving birth to a healthy daughter, Marron. Since they are human-based, she and her brother can become stronger if they train. Though they do not need to eat, they do need to hydrate. Also, their cells deteriorate slowly, so they age slowly too.

So, possibly?
>>
File: yamero_broly.webm (2 MB, 1280x736) Image search: [Google]
yamero_broly.webm
2 MB, 1280x736
>>144369724

NO!
>>
>>144369805
Yes.Toriyama thought the characters were too old by the end of Z.
>>
>>144369758

Agreed. This really needs to be Trunks' killed. Vegetafags can go suck a dick, he's had plenty of good character moments in super so far.
>>
>>144369758
Mine is that 18 and Trunks will never interact.
>>
>>144369872

They're already most of the way there, and there is no way in hell they're going to be stopping this show anytime soon seeing how well it is doing for them. Also

>[citation needed]
>>
>>144369873
Definitely, I think it's even more important that Trunks gets this one as I don't see him coming back outside of this arc or possibly another Universal arc, which I don't see happening any time soon.
>>
File: GokuBlack-wk.jpg (139 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GokuBlack-wk.jpg
139 KB, 1280x720
>>144369774
>>144369851
YOU WANT GOHAN TO FIGHT AGAIN DON'T YOU?

LET HIM FIGHT.

SEE HOW WELL HE HANDLES HIMSELF.

I bet he'll make a disappointing corpse, too.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGnL9Lk_4pk

NEVER EVER
>>
File: sasuga chichi.png (2 MB, 1631x905) Image search: [Google]
sasuga chichi.png
2 MB, 1631x905
>>
>>144369741
That would be useless since Pan will probably be the one to kick ass.
>>
File: Gohan training.png (2 MB, 1635x917) Image search: [Google]
Gohan training.png
2 MB, 1635x917
>>144369960

He's buff under his clothing again and hiding his power level! He can take Black!

I'm willing to bet my hand virginity!
>>
File: how broly picks up girls.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
how broly picks up girls.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>144369741
Videl's taken some pretty nasty beatings hasn't she. Maybe that's why she decided to become a moeblob.
>>
When will they start making Dragon Ball movies again?
I want Broly to go SSB for the lulz.
>>
File: brapan.jpg (119 KB, 800x775) Image search: [Google]
brapan.jpg
119 KB, 800x775
>>144369872

That just means it's time for a new generation to take over.
>>
File: 1467497412983.jpg (159 KB, 1095x800) Image search: [Google]
1467497412983.jpg
159 KB, 1095x800
>>144369758
That Mai really gets killed off before she can experience superior SAIYAN cock
>>
File: sol broly lewd.png (282 KB, 800x581) Image search: [Google]
sol broly lewd.png
282 KB, 800x581
>>144370020
>>
File: u_mirin.png (616 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
u_mirin.png
616 KB, 1280x720
>>144361190
you can tell he's been training since the

check these gains
>>
File: dick sucker.png (43 KB, 909x305) Image search: [Google]
dick sucker.png
43 KB, 909x305
>>144370018
Be careful of what you say, anon. You don't wanna end up like this guy, right?
>>
>>144370127

I'm gonna take back my statement. Holy shit.
>>
>>144370127
That nigga better be ready for some hardcore hand holding
>>
>>144370018
>>144370174
TOO LATE.

TIME FOR TRUNKS TO SUFFER FURTHER.
>>
>>144370027
>manbaby rage monster going blue
Yeah nah.
>>
File: unnamed.gif (400 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
400 KB, 500x281
>>144370047
>Girls having an active role in DB.
>>
File: masaka broly.jpg (331 KB, 480x692) Image search: [Google]
masaka broly.jpg
331 KB, 480x692
>>144370226

I want my hand held too, desu.

>>144370251
He already went blue.
>>
>>144370091
should they have had future pan come back instead of trunks?
>>
File: AraleNorimaki01.png (167 KB, 316x361) Image search: [Google]
AraleNorimaki01.png
167 KB, 316x361
>>144370275
>Who is Bulma
Besides Arale could still kick Goku's ass. She got hit by a laser with her guard down and it didn't even hurt her.
>>
>>144370347
Too strong, Black wouldn't stand a chance.
>>
>>144370347
She doesn't even exist.
>>
>>144370362
Read: ACTIVE role, not bitchy. And we could wait for the day Arale kick Goku's ass, but sit down please.
>>
>>144370618
>Read: ACTIVE role, not bitchy.
So, Bulma?
>>
File: qau5J.jpg (133 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
qau5J.jpg
133 KB, 1280x720
>>144370347

Gohan is the worthless edgy faggot people wnat him to be in the Future Trunks timeline, so sadly he died like a dog in a puddle of water before he could impregnate Satan's spawn and have the child baptized in the ritual to awaken god
>>
>>144370618

Bulma is easily the third most important character in Super. She has a played a central role in every arc so far whether it functioning as the point of communication between Whis/Beerus and the Earth or inventing crucial shit(dragon radar, time machine).
>>
File: future videl.jpg (249 KB, 586x800) Image search: [Google]
future videl.jpg
249 KB, 586x800
>>144370686
>>
>>144354969
Blame the nips for liking Goku better than Teen Gohan.

It's really the oldfags fault that things turned out this way. They're always on about dragonball original being the best.
>>
>>144370686
no, it would be from a different future
>>
File: 1450124619152.png (275 KB, 583x332) Image search: [Google]
1450124619152.png
275 KB, 583x332
>>
File: popularity poll.png (2 MB, 1016x760) Image search: [Google]
popularity poll.png
2 MB, 1016x760
>>144370826
>>
>>144370618
Again, Bulma. Goku and Vegeta would be dead as fuck if it weren't for her.
>>
File: rest in pepperoni.gif (964 KB, 305x320) Image search: [Google]
rest in pepperoni.gif
964 KB, 305x320
>>144370880
>>
File: enough toei.gif (774 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
enough toei.gif
774 KB, 480x270
>>144370880
>>
Future Gohan
>cripple
>died on the street like a mutt
>weak pussy who couldn't even beat a weaker version of android 18
>probably a virgin

Present Gohan
>Successful scholar
>rich
>one of the strongest in the universe
>Loving family, drowning in pussy(Chi-chi(read kamehasutra), Videl)

>>144370820

Future Trunks confirmed that Future Gohan had no family last episode, nigga.
>>
File: 1448837718436.jpg (44 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1448837718436.jpg
44 KB, 399x388
>>144370880
D-DELETE THIS
>>
>>144370669
>>144370768
>>144370907
You know what I mean, no girl is going to become a fighter. Pan at max is going to be the heir of Satan in her online dojo.
>>
File: GohanGotenChiChi.png (440 KB, 586x423) Image search: [Google]
GohanGotenChiChi.png
440 KB, 586x423
>>144371029
>Loving family, drowning in pussy(Chi-chi(read kamehasutra)

I'm still convinced that Goten is Gohan's son. It makes perfect sense.
>>
>>144371029

Anon please, he kept his life a secret.
>>
>>144371029
b-but muh stronk gohun, i used to self-insert as him
>>
>>144370686
>>144371029
Your edge is cutting me.
>>
File: like father.gif (360 KB, 430x224) Image search: [Google]
like father.gif
360 KB, 430x224
>>144371029
>probably a virgin

nah m8 he was enjoying bulmas pussy behind trunks back
>>
File: Goku leaves Chi-Chi a gift.png (214 KB, 781x268) Image search: [Google]
Goku leaves Chi-Chi a gift.png
214 KB, 781x268
>>144371079
>>144371029

But he was born with Goku's hairstyle!
>>
>>144369061
Yet somehow, the characters that don't fight anymore, like Gohan, Piccolo, Krillin and 18 continue to be way more entertaining as characters then the ones that do fight like Goku and Vegeta.

I'm happy for Gohan to only fight when he NEEDS too. He had a full character arc spanning 200+ episodes in DBZ and I'm satisfied with it's conclusion. Z was Gohan's series, Super isn't.
>>
>>144370883

Mr Satan above Cell(before his redemption in the Buu Saga).
Dende in the top 10 despite not doing anything besides reviving Shenlong.

Japs shit taste.
>>
>>144371128
is getting cucked in the Vegeta family gene?
>>
Yes, I'm sure bulmba is winning the relevent, and useful rewards, along with Sakura.
>>
File: gohan.png (126 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
gohan.png
126 KB, 500x282
>>144371126

>"edge"
>from a gohanfag complaining gohan isn' t an edgy "badass" avenger like in his fanfics

go to bed, kid
>>
File: tumblr_oaiigt0yde1qegbwao2_500.png (185 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oaiigt0yde1qegbwao2_500.png
185 KB, 500x281
>>144371151
>Gohan, Piccolo, Krillin and 18 continue to be way more entertaining as characters then the ones that do fight
DBS characters are very flandarized, but Piccolo and Krillin look like the butt monkeys.
>>
File: Namekian caught in the act.png (1002 KB, 1280x736) Image search: [Google]
Namekian caught in the act.png
1002 KB, 1280x736
>>144371284
>>
>>144371284

Krillin has often the buttmonkey of the show....
>>
>>144371262

>sakura

Sakura, is, like, the polar opposite of Bulma in super.

If you count it out she participates in a ton of fights -- she just never actually does anything relevant to the story, ever.
>>
>>144371338
Thanks doc.
>>
>>144371264
>from a gohanfag complaining gohan isn' t an edgy "badass" avenger
Where did I complain? Are you just mirroing your thoughts?
>>
>>144371339

Nonsense, that's only in Dragonball movies. The source material has always treated him like a serious fighter in Z.

...just a likeable/funny one.
>>
File: boards.4chan.org 1468782709034.gif (6 KB, 329x302) Image search: [Google]
boards.4chan.org 1468782709034.gif
6 KB, 329x302
>>144371284

He doesn't even look like Piccolo anymore, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>144369620
I trust you anon. I have the same strange feeling too.
>>
>>144371075
Same backstory says she saves the Earth with the other fighters after Goku and Vegeta die.
>>
>>144370047

I really want this to happen.

>tfw we will never see Pan, Marron, Bra, Uub, Goten and Trunks take over as the next generation of Z-warriors
>>
>http://imgur.com/a/ka4e3

what is teach talking about in this chapter? evil marron splitting timelines???
>>
File: teamwork.gif (1 MB, 482x268) Image search: [Google]
teamwork.gif
1 MB, 482x268
>>144371393
He always goes above and beyond. It makes him look even better because nobody expects anything of him. He went up against Frieza, Imperfect/Perfect Cell and even had a little skirmish against Kid Buu( though I think this one was only anime filler). He's earned his perfect waifu and qt daughteru.
>>
>>144371757
No? In DBO after Goku and Vegeta died Frueza's army attacked, then everyone fight against them to protect Earth.
>>
File: image.png (263 KB, 355x487) Image search: [Google]
image.png
263 KB, 355x487
Where my maifags at?
>>
>>144371929
If Trunks went back in time and gave kid Bulma a pea, and kid Bulma chokes on it, it would split the timeline. Bulma would be fine in Trunks' timeline, but there wouldn't be a Trunks in that one.
>>
File: Trunks recieves some news.png (466 KB, 1024x600) Image search: [Google]
Trunks recieves some news.png
466 KB, 1024x600
>>144372063
Right here, my man.
>>
>>144372040
...that's literally what I said. Read, nigga.
>>
>>144371979

That's why him pussying out against Frieza's men really pissed me off in DBS. In RoF he had no problem dealing with them -- which is how it should be. Even if for some retarded reason Krillin forgot he was stronger than these guys, Krillin doesn't turn into a massive bitch when he's way out of his league like Vegeta does.
>>
>>144372103
>...
Stop with that if you want me to take you seriously.
Bulma didn't fight and as far as I recall she wasn't mentioned.
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 520x356) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 520x356
>>144372063
Here.
>>
File: Future Trunks bold.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Future Trunks bold.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>144372063
>>
>>144372207
SPOILER THAT LEWD SHIT
>>
File: reaching.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
reaching.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>144372063
>>
>>144372207

This almost looks like the beginning of a hentai. It just needs to cut off when he tugs at her hand.
>>
>>144372196
Pan, you idiot.
>>
>>144372148
I skipped the RoF arc in Super. I only watched near the end to see Ginyu's short comeback which wasn't in the movie. But did he really pussy out?
>>
File: boards.4chan.org 1468879845251.png (645 KB, 1103x1600) Image search: [Google]
boards.4chan.org 1468879845251.png
645 KB, 1103x1600
>>144372244
>>144372323
>>144372261
>>
>>144372363
Just in words. Even Vados who is the strongest of U6 doesn't have action scenes while Whis trains Vegeta and Goku.
>>
File: 1420997611539.jpg (69 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
1420997611539.jpg
69 KB, 720x576
I watched the 2 movies. Can I jump straight into the Future Trunks arc?
>>
>>144372466

Wise choice. It's fucking pathetic.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g4Zsb0G8SE

I could only find spanish sub clips, but it's apparent how out of character this moment is without being able to read a single word.
>>
>>144372699
>I watched the two movies

What two movies? The Future Trunks specials, Battle of Gods, Revival of F? Which ones?
>>
>>144372699

You could, but 28-43 is actually pretty good stuff and not like the movie retellings.
>>
File: CcoEDj4UkAEpsyc.jpg large.jpg (186 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
CcoEDj4UkAEpsyc.jpg large.jpg
186 KB, 960x1280
>>144372063
maifag here
>>
>>144372790
I can't speak moon, what does this say anon?
>>
File: butte.png (672 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
butte.png
672 KB, 1280x720
>>144372063
THICC
>>
File: Zeno.jpg (154 KB, 666x679) Image search: [Google]
Zeno.jpg
154 KB, 666x679
>>144372699
You can, your not missing anything. Unless you want to watch the U6 vs U7 arc which had it's moments and introduced Zeno who is the omnipotent god of all 12 universes. Also the Goku vs Hit fight was pretty nice. But yes, overall you can skip and jump straight into this arc.
>>
>>144372466
He cries in front of Frieza's men. Krillin in Super is beyong pathetic and thanks to Toei. I don't care if it was filler, the man who faced Super Buu knowing he was going to die just to give time to his family to escape deserves some respect.
>>
I just wish Goku and Vegeta would fuck off already. FTrunks, Gohan, Goten, any one of these characters I would care more about watching.
>>
>>144372790
Why is she old in this?
>>
Being a vegeta fan right now is not bad at all.

at least the gohan fans got to see gohan kill a major villian
>>
>>144373101
Vegeta will still always be 2nd banana to Goku though. He'll never be the one to kill the top big baddies.
>>
File: sad_vegeta.gif (2 MB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
sad_vegeta.gif
2 MB, 500x321
vegeta should've killed Golden frieza
>>
File: 1460522442381.gif (45 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1460522442381.gif
45 KB, 100x100
Future Trunks will always have blue hair in every upcoming game.
Gohan will be totally forgotten when Goku and vegeta goes back in time. Gohan wont even be in the univesal tournamament.
DBS will end with a new ending that will maken the orginal ending not canon. Thanks Akira... you fucking hack.
>>
File: freezy pop.jpg (69 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
freezy pop.jpg
69 KB, 480x360
>>144373295
>banana
Sasuga monkeys
>>
>>144372699
All the previous eps were just retellings of BoG and RoF with the occassional filler. The universe tourney was simply fleshing out the lore and introducing characters without any real development. This arc is where anything new actually begins.
>>
>>144373516
I wouldn't say that, only the Super version will I think. The games have had purple hair for Z Trunks for too long to ditch it for every version.
>>
File: human vs saiyan.webm (3 MB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
human vs saiyan.webm
3 MB, 720x720
>>144373556
>>
>>144373556
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSBV0Ez2UnI
>>
>>144373516
I just want to see a teenage Mai and Trunks at the end of Super.
>>
>>144373516
You're already wrong on that.
>>
>>144368434

>Gohan is likeable because he doesn't want to fight.
>Likeable

More like generic. There is bunch of characters in anime/manga that keep their "B-but I just want a normal life" whining during the whole story and just like Gohan said characters have some convenient latent potential that kicks in when he gets mad.

Goku on the other hand is neither a hero nor he wants a peaceful life. He is just a happy, retarded, barbaric martial artists that loves fighting and some times he happens to save the day in the process.

If you want more Gohan just pick up any other shonen or battle harem.
>>
>>144354969
Meanwhile no one fucking tells me what is his research. What the fuck is he even researching?
>>
File: bbe.png (586 KB, 938x504) Image search: [Google]
bbe.png
586 KB, 938x504
>>144370127
Cannot wait for hand holding anon.
>>
File: what gohan studies.png (3 MB, 1687x947) Image search: [Google]
what gohan studies.png
3 MB, 1687x947
>>144374084

Science.
>>
File: Cnh33XZVMAAFgIB.jpg (212 KB, 801x1200) Image search: [Google]
Cnh33XZVMAAFgIB.jpg
212 KB, 801x1200
I don't know what super is doing, is it trying to fit better with the manga canon? Even future Gohan's death was a near perfect fit to the old history of Trunks manga than the short movie.
>>
>>144374084
He's researching a super steroid that "unfortunately" doesn't work on gods so everyone is relevant again
>>
>>144354969
Is Gohan still stronger than Future Trunks?
>>
>>144374378
>arale
Gohan confirmed for fucking around instead of studying
>>
>>144374068
the difference between "other anime" and gohan is gohan is the progenitor

bow down
>>
File: jump.jpg (30 KB, 623x397) Image search: [Google]
jump.jpg
30 KB, 623x397
>>144374474

Don't forget JUMP
>>
File: arale op toriyama pls nerf.jpg (91 KB, 600x493) Image search: [Google]
arale op toriyama pls nerf.jpg
91 KB, 600x493
>>144374474
He's studying gag character powers.
>>
>>144374068
>A one dimensional character is more interesting than characters with more deep to them even when there are few scenarios where Goku can punch the villain for 3 episodes before it turn too formulaic.
Gohan isn't boring because he doesn't want to the most special snowflake and his dynamics with Videl were great. He is an easy ongoing dude that likes to punch thugs with his girlfriend. Otherwise Gohan would be boring as fuck.
>>
>>144374390
In the manga Trunks didn't turn SSJ after he found Gohan. Super is just sensoring the OVA.
>>
>>144374575
>likes to punch thugs with his girlfriend
Videl hasn't punched a fucking thing in Super. She's been infected by the disease that turns every female fighter into a waifu.
>>
>>144374530
The difference is that the other shonen MC are faggot that have a complicated relantionship with a male rival, can't man up and tell the girl they want her and when they see boobs they faint.
>>
>>144374390
Super has always been based around the Manga canon with a few exceptions like Gregory the cricket which was made by Toriyama.

Thats why the Revival of F arc ignored all the anime filler about Freiza and Cell in hell which never appeared in the manga
>>
>>144374700
Videl doesn't exist in Super for me, she is on vacations with Launch.
>>
File: loli mai.png (1 MB, 930x1597) Image search: [Google]
loli mai.png
1 MB, 930x1597
>>144372063
Trunks is going to cuck his younger self for sure.
>>
>>144374804
So Videl is getting cucked by an identity thief?
>>
>>144374825
>guy with the mask
what did she mean by this?
>>
>>144374751
spot on desu

these underage b& are jelly af right now
>>
>>144374904
She meant that Future Trunks is a big guy
>>
File: 1468328925511.png (369 KB, 1149x647) Image search: [Google]
1468328925511.png
369 KB, 1149x647
>>144374904
Translator fucked up.
>>
>>144374700

I don't think you can compare what happened to Videl to any other character, even the wife characters.

She didn't just become softer or stop fighting -- she lost every ounce of personality she had. She's pretty much an empty void now. Just try and write a description of who Videl is as she is now without mentioning her relationships to other characters.
>>
>>144371142
And Pan has a shorter verson of Chichi's hairstyle.
>>
>>144375227
That hairstyle is common as fuck, though.
>>
>>144375190
I know. And as someone who really liked her in Z, it tears me up inside.
>>
>>144372063
Here
>>
>>144375407

>Chi-Chi
>Mai
>Pan

who else? Pretty sure that's it.

(Note doesn't count, she's an ORIGINALCHARACTERDONOTSTEAL version of Pan.)
>>
>>144374766
wrong
>>
File: Videl_getting_crushed.png (280 KB, 660x469) Image search: [Google]
Videl_getting_crushed.png
280 KB, 660x469
>>144375190
>>144374804
Don't blame super for DBZ actions. Pic related is the moment she dropped her confident, action girl attitude.
>>
>>144375557
Now there's Videl too
>>
>>144375604
She still knew how to fly at least in DBZ, and if we accept the movies as canon (big "if", I know), then she also still fought crime on the side.
>>
>>144375604

>Pic related is the moment she dropped her confident, action girl attitude.

Again, if that were the only thing she lost we'd be having a different conversation.but it isn't. Videl in Super isn't just less of an action girl or whatever, she's basically a blank slate. She has no personality traits, no motivations, no opinions, no chemistry with other characters -- nothing. She's a void.

The Videl we knew died between Z and the Buu saga and Gohan just married her sister who had the same name.
>>
>>144370669
>>144370768
>>144370907
I like that out of the three important characters in Super two are the ones the whole series started with.
>>
>>144375988

Bulma had basically become worthless in DBZ(outside of the Namek saga where her presence actively made the story worse). It's really cool to see Super do her justice.
>>
File: Black-smiling.gif (1 MB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
Black-smiling.gif
1 MB, 512x288
What's that? Videl too? Why didn't you say so!
Let's make sure it happens to Gohan first though. She can watch.
>>
>>144376058
I think she was still semi important to the whole Android deal, if only due to her future self and her building the remote to detonate the androids too. It was actually Krillin that fucked up that one because he wanted to get his dick wet.
>>
>>144376114
The Videl in Super is just a fake, anyway. DO IT FAGGOT.
>>
>>144376114
She's just a walking corpse now anyway
>>
>>144376114
Actually yeah, kill Gohan.

Maybe then the story will actually do something with him.
>>
File: Black-t.gif (2 MB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
Black-t.gif
2 MB, 540x304
>>144376196
>>144376238
>>144376255
Perfect. Trunks has been too happy lately anyway.

Let's see those dreams fade.
>>
>>144376114

>she can watch

her reaction would probably be her looking for a few seconds, then smiling and/or sighing, followed by her walking away with her head angled downwards and her eyes closed.

you know, like every single other thing she's reacted too.
>>
File: 1440987737958.png (522 KB, 505x656) Image search: [Google]
1440987737958.png
522 KB, 505x656
>>144376494
>Only one reaction to anything.

Oh my god.

Videl is an android!
>>
File: 1467737017860.jpg (328 KB, 513x800) Image search: [Google]
1467737017860.jpg
328 KB, 513x800
>>144375190
This fucking kills me so much, I loved her in DBZ and now she's completely destroyed. Even Chichi was treated better than her, why did Toriyama ruin Videl? Just why her?
>>
>>144376494

Oh, and that fucking annoying, repetitive harmonica track will be playing.
>>
File: black-goku.png (516 KB, 728x435) Image search: [Google]
black-goku.png
516 KB, 728x435
>>144376494
You know how to kill someone's fun.
Fine. Videl goes first, then Gohan.

Pan can watch.
>>
>>144376485
>>144376588
Fucking do it already you faggot-ass Turles knockoff.
>>
>>144376588
>Pan can watch.
NO HURT PAPA
>>
File: Goku55.png (208 KB, 619x396) Image search: [Google]
Goku55.png
208 KB, 619x396
>>144376588

>killing the baby last
>the creature that has no context for anything that is happening and probably doesn't understand the full extent of what she is seeing.

You're not very good at this, are you?
>>
>>144376588
Actually, you should kill Pan first. Imagine how much that would destroy Videl and Gohan!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 170

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.