[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1606
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 105
File: 1468529350373.png (258 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1468529350373.png
258 KB, 1000x750
Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pKgBm8Aa58mjB1hYhbK-VOPZsRBTXBuPBzw8Xikm2ss/pub?embedded=true

Previous Thread:
>>144297133
>>
自殺, 只答也.
>>
File: 動くぞい.gif (191 KB, 640x434) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
動くぞい.gif
191 KB, 640x434
>[Ohys-Raws] New Game! - 03 (AT-X 1280x720 x264 AAC).mp4
>>
>>144350793
>>144350800
I'm not going to argue. In fact you're probably completely right. I'm happy for you and I genuinely hope you never lose your motivation or the joy you get from learning.
>>
File: 1468848205803.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1468848205803.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>144350730
>>
>>144351064
check and mate
>>
File: 1468544445668.png (107 KB, 257x610) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1468544445668.png
107 KB, 257x610
今日も一日アンキするぞい
>>
くるりは最高の女の子
>>
>>144351042
Trust me I know the feel of just ceasing to enjoy something entirely, luckily I'm enough of a productivity craving weeb neet that I can continue my Japanese studies seemingly forever

Sucks that you feel that way though, I hope you can find shit to get compelled by once more
>>
>>144351031
Watching this now. Is blonde girl's kansai ben ridiculously exaggerated or do people actually speak like this? I've heard real Kansai people speak and they didn't sound like anything close to this so I'm wondering.
>>
(1/2) 僕は部室を飛び出す。階段を飛ぶように下りる。そして走る。

 僕は、駆ける。太宰治作『走れメロス』、その主人公メロスのように持てる力の全てを出し切り、走る、走る。友ではなく、ボロボロになった制服のためというのが哀しくてならない。

 風を切る肩が寒い。裸だからだ。心が寒い。裸だからだ。懐が寒い。仕送りが少ないせいだ。僕の股間のモノが左右に揺れている。トランクスだからだ。ブリーフは嫌いだからだ。間違っても純白ブリーフ砂漠仕様への再染色技術継承者にはなりたくなかったからだ。

 僕は、駆ける。走ることしか知らない、走ることだけが人生の全てであると妄信するマラソンランナーのように走る、走る。

 走り出してすぐに感じた足の重さや呼吸の苦しさがなくなっていく。ランナーズハイだ。顔がにやけてくる、テンションが天井知らずに上がっていく。エンドルフィンの過剰分泌による陶酔状態だ。ドラッグ大好きな連中はどうかしている。ただ走ればこんなにいい気分になれるのに、お金と人生を無駄にしてなんと愚かなことか。自分はおろか家族まで不幸になる。僕は比較的不幸、ということは親父は中毒者なのか? あながち否定できないが……何だか意識が遠のいていく気がする。もうすぐ神の領域に踏み込むからだ。体が軽い、ふわふわとしてくる。僕は神に等しき存在となるからだ。
>>
>>144351350
(Fuck 2/3) 何故駆けるのか。そこに道があるからだ、走るのをやめる時、即ち僕が死ぬ時だ、何故なら僕は神に等しき存在であるとともに史上最高のアス……いや、違う。制服だ、制服を救うために走っているのだ。

 目的を見失うな。足を止めるな。ここはどこだ。校舎の外だ。周りの視線が僕に釘付けだ。どうでもいい。制服だ、制服さえ救えれば世界がどうなろうと知ったことではない。むしろ滅べ。裏だ、校舎裏へ向かうのだヨー・サトウ、真のジャズマンよ。

 僕は駆ける、駆ける。校舎裏まで駆けきった。目の前で灰色のツナギを着た校務員さんが生徒会の人間と思しき生徒に囲まれながら、捻りつぶした新聞紙に火をつける。

 寸前で間に合った。焼却炉の中に僕の制服と思しきものが見えた。助かっ――

 ……が、その時、校務員さんは最高ににこやかな顔のまま、オリンピックの聖火台に点火するかのように火だねを焼却炉に放り込む。

「ぅおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおお!!」
>>
File: 20150721065744015.jpg (54 KB, 534x301) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
20150721065744015.jpg
54 KB, 534x301
>>144351350
>>144351396
長すぎて;読まなかった
>>
>>144351396
(3/3) 僕は駆ける。ノンストップ・オン・ザ・僕。オンの使い方が間違っているとか気にしない。女子生徒が僕を見つけて悲鳴を上げた。あまりの僕の勇ましさに失禁でもしたのかもしれなかったが気にしない。

 男子生徒、校務員さんが手を出してきた。あまりに逞しい僕の裸体に触れたかったのかもしれないが、今はそれどころじゃない。だが、必死の校務員さんが僕のトランクスを掴む。僕は止まらず駆ける。ビリリと音がしたが今はそれどころじゃない。どうでもいい。知ったことではない。むしろ滅べ。

 ――今ゆくぞ、我が制服よ。

 靴下と靴だけという最高クラスのセクシャルハラスメント装備へと昇華した僕は、躊躇いなく火のつき始めた焼却炉へと頭から飛び込むのだった。
>>
>>144351350
>メロス
>>
File: 1468763163895.png (64 KB, 558x189) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1468763163895.png
64 KB, 558x189
>>
>>144351293
It's not even that thick of an accent.
Most Japanese people that aren't extreme country bumpkins can speak 標準語 and use it in formal situations, people revert back to accent when they're with their friends and shit.
>>
What is the best 方言, /djt/?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kof7n9L9GKg
>>
>>144351728
this one
>>144351668
>>
>>144351628
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E8%B5%B0%E3%82%8C%E3%83%A1%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B9
>>
>>144351350
I leap out of my room. I descend the stairs as if I'm flying. And I run.

I'm dashing. Like the protagonist of Osamu Dazai's "Run, Melos!", I devote all of my strength to running, running. The fact that I'm doing this not for some dear friend, but because of my torn uniform is extremely disheartening.

The wind hitting my shoulders feels cold. Because I'm naked. My heart feels cold. Because I'm naked. My purse feels cold. Because my allowance is small. The thing between my legs is swinging left and right. Because I'm wearing trunks. Because I hate briefs. Because I don't want to be known as the man who discovered a miraculous way to turn snow white briefs into desert-pattern style briefs. (fuck this sentence)

I dash. Like a marathon runner who blindly believes running is all there could ever be to life, I run, and run.

The weight I felt on my feet and the difficulty I felt breathing disappear as soon as I start running. This is the "runner's high". My face turns red and my mood skyrockets. This is a state of intoxication caused by excess secretion of endorphins. Drug addicts must be fucking stupid. Why waste your money and your life on drugs when you can feel this good just by running? They spread their unhappiness to their families too. Could the reason for my relative unhappiness be that my father's an addict, too? I guess it's hard to deny that but... I feel like my consciousness is beginning to fade. I'm about to step into the realm of the gods. My body is light and feels like it's floating. I've turned into a being that may rival a god.
>>
>>144351728
The one that's in English
>>
>>144351820
Actually I'm not sure why I translated the first sentence as "my room" also I'm too lazy to do the rest.
>>
RTK?
Kanjidamage?
Another? Both?
Neither? None?
>>
File: 1468771397771.jpg (62 KB, 375x348) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1468771397771.jpg
62 KB, 375x348
>>144351728
だよね
>>
>>144351901
not both, and only one if you actually think you'll need it
aka do i drink heavily, not get enough sleep, have a bad memory, do a lot of boxing
>>
>>144351901
Kanjidamage has better english keywords and covers more common kanji than RTK does, but RTK probably has better mnemonics what with that koohii site
>>
>>144352012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF99pK_go9g

Tune
>>
諦めないで!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFJYSHnMM6Q
>>
>>144351350
I'd like to participate in translating but figuring out what to write in english is a even greater task than just understanding the japanese text.
>>
>>144352255
ねぇちょっと聞いてわたしの彼 
そこら辺のとは桁ハズレ 
>>
>>144352394
諦めちゃった
>>
File: IMG_0188.jpg (142 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_0188.jpg
142 KB, 683x1024
On the male/female forms of speaking: can I adopt a neuter way without sounding unnatural?

In my own language I have always avoided mannerisms.
I don't cuss or abbreviate like most men do, I don't use slangs nor anglicisms. I frequently conjugate verbs people don't, because they'd rather use auxiliary verbs.
Bear in mind I don't do anything pedantic or use obscure words, I manage to do it naturally.

And I'd like to do the same in Japanese as much as possible.
>>
>>144351396
>>144351820

okay i changed my mind
Why do I run. Because there's a road there, the moment I stop running is the moment I die, because I am an existence that rivals god, the world's greatest athl... No, nevermind that. It's my uniform, I'm running in order to save my uniform.

Don't lose sight of your goal. Do not stop moving your legs. It's just outside the school building. Everyone's gazing at me. Whatever. My uniform, as long as I manage to save my uniform I could care less about what happens to this world. In fact, I wish it would fall into ruin. It's in the back, go to the back of the school building Satou, you true jazz man you. (I didn't get this reference)

I dash, and dash. I managed to reach the back of the school building. Before my eyes, a janitor wearing grey overalls is setting fire to crumpled up newspapers, surrounded by what appears to be members of the student council.

I made it just in time. I could make out what appeared to be my uniform inside the incinerator. I'm save--

But, just then, wearing a great big smile on his face, the janitor threw some live coal into the incinerator, as if about to light the holy fire at the Olympics.
>>
>>144352772
司会役達!
>>
I just got a new laptop and set up all my programs on it, but I can't get the kanji stroke order font to work on anki. I unzipped it and installed the font, but it doesn't show up in anki. I remember having a similar problem a couple years back but I can't remember how I fixed it. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm sure it's something simple and stupid.
>>
>>144351429
I dash. Nonstop on the Me. I don't care that I used "on" incorrectly. A female student saw me and screamed. She might have wet herself witnessing my heroism, but I had no time to worry about that.

A male student and the janitor tried to grab hold of me. Maybe they just wanted to touch my manly naked body, but there was no time for that. Still, the desperate janitor grabbed hold of my trunks. I keep running, unabashed. A ripping sound could be heard, but there was no time to worry about that. Whatever. I don't care. In fact, I wish it would fall into ruin.

--I'm coming, dear uniform.

Having ascended into wearing nothing but shoes and socks, a getup only fitting for the most devout sexual deviants, I jump headfirst into the now ablaze incinerator with nary a moment's hesitation.
>>
>>144352188
>>144352071
Actually, im not interested in the mnemonics, they dont help me that much. mostly want the radicals, tips and general description of the character and its meanings
>>
暑すぎて何もしたくなくなってきたぁぁ
>>
>>144353133
えあこんトゥカエバ?
>>
>>144353120
Does RTK even go over stuff like that? I thought it only covered the character and that's in

KD has shit like that, common words and their meanings, readings, particles, tags to tell you shit about the character etc, but you can't trust some of the info on there, like he has a rating system for how common or useful characters, readings and vocab are, but they're almost always completely wrong
>>
>>144353197
エアコンありません
扇風機あるけど、あんまり涼しくない、暑すぎるから
>>
>>144353359
>エアコンありません

ここは貧乏屑立ち入り禁止です
直ちに退場してください
>>
>>144353492
イギリスに住んでる

エアコンないのはあんまり珍しくない
>>
>>144351064
Lacks the ability to go on great quests into 小学校 institutions, which is pretty disappointing. Like being allowed to drive a supercar but being limited to the speed limit.
>>
>>144352772
>can I adopt a neuter way without sounding unnatural?
You don't adopt a language, it adopts you.
>>
>tfw learning Japanese has taught me to get rid of terrible studying habits
I should have taken harder classes in high school
>>
File: 1450999242636.jpg (58 KB, 400x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450999242636.jpg
58 KB, 400x400
Been wanting to learn Japanese, was gonna start after my summer math course. But now I have tendinitis in my writing wrist. It could be another week before I can write, or more.

Should I put off learning if I can't use my right hand? Or will it not effect me? I understand the alphabet is pretty damn important, but I assume I should be writing it as I learn.
>>
>>144354728
Writing is kind of optional, unless you plan on moving to Japan anytime soon

You can still learn the language now and then just pick up writing in the future if you want

Saying that though, people do often write down all the characters in the kana stage (50 times bitch) because it helps a lot with retention, so I guess it's up to you, a week isn't that much time anyway
>>
>>144351901
Heads or tails?
http://justflipacoin.com/
It doesn't fucking matter as they are both useful. In under six months it will become largely irrelevant and so my advice is that if you want to use either one, pick and start one of them as soon as possible. Inaction is the worst possible thing for language acquisition. Godspeed, anon.
>>
>>144354728
Don't write unless you're one of those people that best remembers by action, as opposed to remembering by reading and remembering by listening.
Even if you plan to work in Japan in the future it would be more efficient to start writing a month or so before you move.
>>
>>144354727
>I should have taken harder classes in high school
Doesn't do much. I had 4 languages at some point in school (5 if you count native language course), and didn't do much with most of these because of work ethic.
It's a matter of stakes, more than anything. Adults that learn languages are usually far more assiduous.
>>
Today's failures:

7:10 just the word right before 書類
19:05
19:35
>>
File: 1409819596149.png (68 KB, 403x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1409819596149.png
68 KB, 403x250
>>144354875
>Writing is kind of optional
So is reading, speaking, listening.
Fuck anons who go about "efficiency" and "time". If you can't write you don't know the language, full stop. Sure, there is nothing wrong with learning only a limited fraction of the language of the language in order to stay in your comfort bubble of mindless consumption but this mediocrity has no place being pressured onto others as though this is acceptable for someone who wants to actually learn the language.

Mediocrity is for normalfags. Normalfags and the accepted half assed failures of normalfaggotry aren't welcome on 4chan.
>>
>>144354720
Maybe, if you're sheeple trying to fit in.

While some influence is obviously impossible to avoid, one can work towards not being completely engulfed by a single demographic's way of talking. In my state everyone asks me if I'm from the neighbor state, and vice-versa, because of how neutral I have become.
>>
File: sakura ms paint.jpg (134 KB, 754x735) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sakura ms paint.jpg
134 KB, 754x735
>Started learning two days ago
>Try to read Yotsuba
>>
File: mawaru.png (327 KB, 950x304) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mawaru.png
327 KB, 950x304
I'm confused about the meaning of 回る here. Would it be right to translate the sentence that contains it as "That is because if you consider the size of the earth, even an international space station would be rotating at the points sticking out even less than just 1cm from this globe's surface (thus bumping into the mountains)"
>>
>>144355367
What about etymology? You can't tell me you know a language if you don't even know about the origin of the words you're using. You act like you're aiming for true Japanese knowledge but I bet you don't know shit about its etymology, poser.

>>>/out/, normalfag.
>>
>>144355551
>What about etymology? You can't tell me you know a language if you don't even know about the origin of the words you're using. You act like you're aiming for true Japanese knowledge but I bet you don't know shit about its etymology, poser.

Isn't kanji fundamentally a form of etymological writing ? I'm only starting, but that was my impression.

Anyway I agree with the anon you're pointing to. While it's fine going with your comfort zone to get a foot in a language, ideally you should aim to have a comprehensive understanding of it.
>>
>>144355367
Knowledge of a language is subjective. You probably consider yourself capable of speaking English, but we both know you don't know everything about it. There is no objective line between knowing and not knowing a language.

If this is how low you have to stoop to justify spending time on writing that's your own problem. You're giving the other writefags a bad reputation.
>>
>>144355367
Ah well, I'm not interested in learning something I won't benefit from just because of the achievment itself
>>
>>144355499
>>144352772
Aren't you a cool snowflake ;) *tips katana*
>>
客観的な事実と主観的な意見の違いを学びなさい
>>
>>144355954
誰に話してる?
>>
File: 1428786287316.png (126 KB, 592x632) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1428786287316.png
126 KB, 592x632
I want to keep studying but I'm tired and my brain isn't retaining any information right now.
>>
>>144356182
Just read.
>>
>>144356065
no one in particular, just practicing some production
>>
>>144355537
What's so confusing about it?
>>
File: 1448386988872.jpg (48 KB, 493x312) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448386988872.jpg
48 KB, 493x312
>>144356228
I have been, friend.
>>
>>144355666
> ideally you should aim to have a comprehensive understanding of it.
If writing actually aided understanding we would recommend it.

In reality, you will take 5+ years to get fluent in all of reading/listening/speaking and you will have forgotten how to handwrite half the kanji you know by that time unless you've actually needed to write because you were in a japanese school or something
>>
>>144355954
この誤解を解きましょうか?
俺の意見は事実、お前のは偽り。
>>
>>144356345
Not him, but I'm starting grad school in Japan in less than 2 months. So yeah, some of might need to write in Japanese at some point.
>>
>>144356401
Good for you but that just means you're kinda irrelevant to the conversation here buddy
>>
>>144355954
>>144356359
>tfw able to read /djt/ shitposting without rikai
truly my greatest milestone so far
>>
File: 83.jpg (186 KB, 700x721) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
83.jpg
186 KB, 700x721
DJT, excuse me, but I have to blog.

Back in 2010 I downloaded a shit-ton of Vocaloid songs and mass-listened through some of it, picking favorites and making playlists.
There were big-time favorites, but also songs that were just "cool enough" to make it into the playlists.
As time went by I grew tired of listening to the same hundred songs, gave up digging through the unlistened tracks and, by 2014, my favorites playlist was barely listened to.

Until today. I decided to give it a listen, for the good times.

It was then I noticed I could actually understand half of what Miku was singing (I've started to study nipponese recently).
At the same time I could understand words, I started to make sense out of them.
I still remembered all the lyrics (phonetically) by heart, and as I sang them along, I could simultaneously sing, decipher what I was singing and listen to Miku's voice declaring her love for me.

All these years she was there, celebrating our love and how much she wanted to see me, and I just listened to it, unbeknownst of it all, as it was just a fun song to my ears.

I felt all warm and fuzzy inside, as if I was falling in love. Butterflies in stomach and all that. Teary eyes.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a waifufag or anything, but the feelings for the concept of it all were definitely there.

The joy of confirming I'm making progress mixed with the love the lyrics transmitted, mixed with nostalgia and rediscovering something that seemed old news... I don't think I can describe it well enough with this post, but I needed to share it anyway.

Even if I dekinai tomorrow, it was all worth it for just this moment. I want to love again!

This is the song, by the way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH6Epupzw_E
>>
>>144355537
>>144356313
I forgot the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTOckbE6BTQ
>>
I have read the entire google doc including the questions section at the bottom and am confused as to how the "Core2K/6K" thing of cards for anki is designed to teach you anything. Same with remembering the kanji. I have all of hiragana down solid and a bit less than half of katakana down. I just can't understand what is going on in the flash cards for those two types I listed though.

It seems like its giving me a fuck ton of information at once. The only anki deck from the google doc that seems to be useful to me is the kanji radical one, which shows me a single kanji and then the answer is the word for it, the hiragana for it and examples of it being used. So it shows me tree and I remember that it is tree.

My current plan is to just keep practicing hiragana, katakana, the radicals cards and to start tae kims grammar guide. Is that an OK plan for now or will that mess me up or make things harder to learn later or anything? Maybe someone can think of an easy way to explain what is supposed to be going on in those other decks I mentioned since they seem to be the most popular ones even though I can't make heads or tails of it.
>>
>>144356440
That's odd, because from where I'm standing you're the one who doesn't matter.
>>
>>144356573
You're not gonna do too well in grad school if you can't recognize what a conversation is about and how what you want to say fits into it. But I guess you just wanted to blog.
>>
File: 1466290426392.png (718 KB, 1291x845) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1466290426392.png
718 KB, 1291x845
>>144356511
>tfw you know enough nip to understand how retarded the lyrics really are
>>
>>144356552
You should start vocab now. Set it to 20 new cards a day and unlimit reviews. Not sure where your confesion lies, though it's a bit rough in the beginning but you get used to it quickly. Having to press "Again" often is normal if that was your issue.
>>
>>144356552
Here's how core2k/6k works:

>see word
>dont know what it means
>reveal answer
>try to remember until next time
>press hard/good/easy if you remembered
>press again if you didnt
>>
File: asshat.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
asshat.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
>>144355936
Don't play retarded, Japanese is FULL of choices based on the speaker's self-image. Starting with the first person pronoun one decides to use for him/herself.

It makes all the more sense that I seek for it than it does in my own language, which is way more lax in this aspect.
>>
>>144356635
The fact that you couldn't see the link between what I was saying in the conversation (hint: the part where I said "So some of us might need to write in Japanese" is really important) combined with your pissy, unsubstantiated comment makes me think you're a very special kind autistic.

But I guess you just wanted to whine.
>>
File: come at me bro.jpg (21 KB, 181x262) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
come at me bro.jpg
21 KB, 181x262
>>144356359
>>
>>144356511
DESPAIR!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FA24rHyM1E
>>
>>144356735
>>144356753
Should I just be trying to memorize that the 1 line and tsu means "one thing" or also the hiragana that makes it up? 1 is the line, is there hiragana that makes that up or is that line all that symbolizes it? Under one thing it shows the hiragana for hi-to-tsu. Is that what makes up the word thing, or does all of that makes up one thing?

So basically is the example above is hitotsu translated to thing or one thing?
>>
>>144357009
Same guy, just found one in an example by itself with the hiragana ichi. So I guess in my previous question hitotsu would be thing, so one thing is ichi hitotsu. But they didnt mention ichi in the example for one thing, they just used the line.
>>
>>144356768
These conversations are never about whether some people need to write. Nobody was arguing that nobody needs to write. In fact, pretty much everyone saying that you don't need to write has included something about "unless you're going to Japan". So yeah, your anecdote was nothing but a blog trying to distract from the conversation. Nice projection throughout your entire post though. Enjoy dropping out of grad school due to your apparently terrible observation and critical thinking skills.
>>
>>144357009
The reading for the word as a whole and the meaning. You'll get individual kanji and readings by context eventually when you see the same kanji used in multiple words. And again the beginning with the numbers is especially confusing, just power through it, it gets easier.
>>
>>144356768
>(hint: the part where I said "So some of us might need to write in Japanese" is really important)
Not him, but I don't follow how that's related to the conversation.
You need to learn how to write because you'll actually need to write. That has nothing to do with the question of whether one needs to learn how to write in order to properly learn Japanese. Noone who has a clear reason to learn how to write needs /djt/ to tell them that they need to learn how to write in the first place.
>>
>>144357009
>>144357105
The first "side" you see has the kanji of the word (assuming there is one), the answer "side" reveals the reading (hiragana) and meaning. If 一つ is ひとつ you can figure out on your own that 一 is read as ひと there. And yes, kanji readings can differ. Welcome to the world of Japanese.
>>
File: daaaf.png (538 KB, 880x695) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
daaaf.png
538 KB, 880x695
>>144357009
>>144357105
>mfw trying to read this
>>
Sorry for the slightly long post, but I'm currently reading Schwarzesmarken and I can't understand the last part of this monologue:

グレーテル】「戦場では西側諸国の兵士と接触する機会も考えられる。だが、そそのような場合は必要な情報以外の会話を交わしてはならない」

【グレーテル】「連中は狡猾だ。何気ない会話から機密や個人情報を取得される可能性がある」

【グレーテル】「機密を漏らした場合、その者には、それ相応の処分を受けて貰うことになる」

In the very last sentence, is Gretel saying that in case of an information leak the pilot from who it leaked from should deal with the one it leaked to or is she saying that the pilot who allowed the information to be stolen will be dealt with appropriately?
>>
>>144355367
>there's a checklist of things you have to cross to get the I KNOW JAPANESE achievement
That's such a silly idea.
Do deaf Japanese also don't know the language because they can't listen for shit?

The reason people here advice against learning to write for the start because it's a very hard to sustain skill, you have to actively write a lot to not forget it and most anons have no real reason to.
Just learn it when you actually end up in a situation where you need it.
>>
>>144357105
Get ready, pal, you're in for a GREAT ride. You will soon understand the evilness of kanji, but I want you to be brave.
>>
>>144357305
>pilot who allowed the information to be stolen will be dealt with appropriately
this
>>
>>144357173
>>144357234
Thanks for all the helpful answers guys. Just gonna power through them for a while and see how things go. Hopefully I start getting a better understanding of how the cards are laid out over time. If not I can always find another method. Gonna continue with practicing the other parts as well. Ill likely be back with more dumb questions another day.
>>
>>144356511
Now I kinda want to cram through my old folders for some Japanese shit I didn't understand until now

The most similar experience I've had so far was noticing that the error sound in yume nikki was actually saying 無理
>>
>>144357172
>These conversations are never about
Your past bickerings are irrelevant.

>Nobody was arguing that nobody needs to write.
>>144356345
You argued that it doesn't help at all (which it certainly does with remembering stroke order and how to correctly write more complex characters) and your comment clearly implied that people who would actually need to write it in day to day life aren't here for the most, which is false.

>Nice projection throughout your entire post though. Enjoy dropping out of grad school due to your apparently terrible observation and critical thinking skills.
You sound bitter that not everyone else here is as much of a failure as you are.
>>
>>144357337
>Do deaf Japanese also don't know the language because they can't listen for shit?
Actually, yes. Sign language is considered a different language even by deaf people themselves. And has a whole different mechanic, with emotional nuances based on facial expression and motion.

Of course they know written Japanese, but so do Chinese (partially), and you can't say they know Japanese.
>>
>>144357387
Don't worry, within as little as 1300~ kanji you'll start liking them.
>>
>>144357441
This is what happens when you refuse to get off the autism train.
>>
File: kururi.png (691 KB, 960x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kururi.png
691 KB, 960x600
くるりの方が誰よりもかわいい
>>
>>144357361
How can you tell?
>>
>>144357424
>You argued that it doesn't help at all
It doesn't help with understanding. If you think "stroke order" and "even more writing" are "understanding" I feel sorry for you.
Also, why is it that writingfags always seem to need to equate something extremely easy (stroke order) with something actually difficult (learning to handwrite all common kanji, remembering which kanji are in all common jukugo, and being able to handwrite all of it fast enough for handwriting to be useful). It's easy to learn stroke order without doing the rest of that.

> and your comment clearly implied that people who would actually need to write it in day to day life aren't here for the most, which is false.
You should give up on Japanese and just focus on English anon.

>You sound bitter that not everyone else here is as much of a failure as you are.
More projection.
>>
>>144357510
>クソリ
いええ、結構です。
>>
>>144357547
Grammar and word choice. You'd have to explain how you think it could be the first in more detail for me to tell you why you're wrong.
>>
えろ漫画を読めるのは最高の理由に日本語を覚えている。
>>
>>144357634
>It doesn't help with understanding.
>recognition required for production doesn't help with recognition during reading
Ah, you're retarded. I wish you'd have cleared that up in the first place and saved me the trouble.

>to equate something extremely easy (stroke order) with something actually difficult (learning to handwrite all common kanji
You honestly don't see how knowing the stroke order IS knowing how to write the kanji? Damn, you're not just retarded, you're "wear a helmet to bed" retarded.

>You should give up on Japanese and just focus on English anon.
for the most part*
You caught a typo, better focus on those instead of making actual points.

>More projection.
>"You're going to fail in your studies because you disagreed with my (incorrect) statement on an anonymous imageboard, and I equate this is an inability to think critically."
>"But you're the one who's projecting."
Whoever gets paid to take care of you isn't getting paid enough.
>>
>>144357733
I mainly thought that その者には refers to the pilot to whom the information was leaked. And I also wasn't sure why て貰う was used in the last part. Isn't てもらう used when you get someone to do something for you? "Do me the favour of being appropriately dispatched"?
>>
>>144353027
Anyone got an answer for this? I'm also having the same problem.
>>
>>144357849
I'm so sorry that you think being able to connect the dots in the right order is understanding.
>You honestly don't see how knowing the stroke order IS knowing how to write the kanji?

Knowing stroke order means you can write the kanji in the correct stroke order when looking at the fully written kanji as a reference. Being able to write the kanji means you can do it without a reference.


>>144357864
それ相応の処分を受けてもらう
Do me the favor of receiving appropriate punishment

>その者には refers to the pilot to whom the information was leaked.
The pilot from whom the information was leaked.
>>
>>144358124
>Knowing stroke order means you can write the kanji in the correct stroke order when looking at the fully written kanji as a reference.
At a surface level, sure? Just like recognizing the kanji means you can recognize it's meaning in words you've already seen before as opposed to being able to see new words for the first time and knowing how they're read and what they mean. Truly understanding stroke order means you can write out a sentence and write all the kanji correctly from memory. There are different levels of understanding, but it's clear that you're stuck at surface level for everything. For example, in the sentence you're trying to help that other anon with, you're making it sound like 受けてもらう is the command form or a request form of the verb, when it's literally just the statement "I will have you do this for me." You have a problem with any level of real comprehension.
>>
>>144358124
>Do me the favor of receiving appropriate punishment

Sounds rather weird, but I guess its a particularity of the Japanese language and needs to be used to.

Thanks for the translation and help!
>>
File: nooverlap2.jpg (3 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
nooverlap2.jpg
3 MB, 5184x3456
>>144357634
You're wrong.

I won't say writing is the most efficient method of memorizing kanji, but it surely helps.

Whenever I don't write during my daily reps my retention for the next days dips to the nethers.

Also, yes, I can't remember from the top of my head how to write most of it without a reference, but on the other hand I am already achieving enough flexibility with my strokes and that sense for balance when writing a very cluttered one, making things nice and tight. Muscular memory is important too, not only stroke order.
>>
>>144357864
> 機密を漏らした場合、
(situation of) (secret) (has been leaked),

> その者には、
(to that person)
It doesn't specify who, but you simply need to figure just as if it was in english: "In case of leaks, the soldier..." (which soldier do you think she's referring to here?)

> それ相応の処分を受けて貰う
(that appropriate) (punishment) (will be made to receive)

> ことになる
(what will happen)

もらう
to receive, to take, to accept
and also "get someone to do something"
also often translated as "have to"
So in the example, "will have to receive appropriate punishment"

Don't disregard all other meanings just because.
>>
>>144358391
He's off with the nuance. te form plus morau is more like "I'll have you do X for me." It's not a request. For example 晩メシを奢ってもらう means "I'll have you buy me/treat me to dinner."
>>
>>144358390
>make up your own definition of "stroke order" and treat it as fact
I assume your definition of "grad school" then is "going to adult school after graduating high school"

>For example, in the sentence you're trying to help that other anon with, you're making it sound like 受けてもらう is the command form or a request form of the verb, when it's literally just the statement "I will have you do this for me.

I was just copying his phrasing while fixing the part it was clear he misunderstood dude. I know you're grasping for straws at this point but don't read too much into it. The ことになる makes it clear how it fits in.
>>
>>144358500
I was wavering mostly about the その者には. It really does make more sense for the one at fault for the situation to take the blame.

Didn't know about the "have to" of もらう though, thanks for that.

>>144358540
I always thought that てもらう was more about being polite. Guess I was wrong.
>>
>>144351031
Did you guys do anything specific to learn/practice listening to kansai ben?
When Yun started talking I suddenly できない
>>
>>144358779
You're not wrong about it being used politely though, but the politeness isn't on the もらう:

これを取ってもらいますか?

When used in a question, it becomes
"Can I get you to pick that?"

I wouldn't say it's more polite than a simple "Can you pick that?" but it has a slight different nuance.
>>
>>144358677
>make up your own definition of "stroke order"
I know that's what you're doing, hence I'm explaining why your surface level "understanding" is flawed as a concept.

>I know you're grasping for straws at this point
Sure, let's forget the fact that a few posts ago you tried pointing out a typo as if it gave you justification, and we'll just pretend that me claiming you only understand things at a surface level followed by you showing a lack of understanding through missing nuance in a phrase is neither here nor there.

I'd make another comment about how ignorant you are, but I think I'm just beating a dead horse at this point.

>>144358779
>I always thought that てもらう was more about being polite.
Nah, you'll see it in games a lot, too. For example, if you ever play Neptunia one of the battle cries before a turn starts is something like 本気で行かせてもらう. It's all about context and how you use it, which incidentally is literally every part of Japanese.
>>
>>144358793
>Did you guys do anything specific to learn/practice listening to kansai ben?
Made a friend on lang8 from Ooasaka and chat with him regularly. Also you could read the Euphonium novels since you'll get a shit ton of kansai-ben there.
>>
>>144358982
>>144358943
It seems that context is a far greater beast than I thought in Japanese,
>>
>>144358793
Watched anime. If you weren't a filthy crossboarder you wouldn't have any problems with kansai ben
>>
>>144359054
>Doesn't understand that context is everything in Japanese
Oh anon, you have no idea what you're in for. If I'm reading a book and can't understand a sentence or though, I can give a native Japanese friend the entire page, and then a verbal explanation of the book and the events of the chapter I'm on, and then when I ask them what the sentence means they'll still say "I dunno man, I need more context to understand what they mean."
>>
>>144354993
That is probably the best advice you can ever get
>>
>>144358982
>本気で行かせてもらう

Causative is used to descrive "making/allowing" right? What does that sentence actually mean then?

"I'll have you seriously go/act for me?"
>>
人が私 たちに ??
>>
>>144358982
>I know that's what you're doing,
I didn't realize I was talking to an elementary schooler. But whatever go on being proud of your checklist so that you can distract yourself from your actual skill at japanese.
>>
>>144359156
This language is a lot more convoluted than I thought... Are all other Asian languages like that?
>>
Should i study new cards in cor2k separately?
>>
>>144359226
Out of context might sound weird, but in the context I'd say it's something like:

"I'll make you get serious" (in fighting)
>>
>>144359424
No, the one going seriously is the speaker
>>
>>144359226
Break it down
Honkide (seriously do proceeding action)
Ikasete (let (me) go/do)
Morau (to receive)
Lit. "I'll have you let me get serious now."
Translation "Time for me to get serious/Get ready, because I'm about to get serious."
Commie version "Hold on to your asshole, because I'm about to fuck you harder than Hitler fucked the 6 gorillian jews."

>>144359258
I hope you realize that pretending you know what words mean doesn't mean that you actually know what they mean. But please, by all means continue to pretend that you're not actually mentally retarded.

>>144359271
>Are all other Asian languages like that?
Couldn't tell you, as it's the only Asian language I know. Korea can go fuck itself, and I'd sooner drink bleach than learn any form of Chinese and interact with Chinese people. None of the Germanic, Latin or middles eastern languages I'm familiar with are that bad, though.
>>
File: 1446406135490.jpg (35 KB, 490x373) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446406135490.jpg
35 KB, 490x373
>>144357652
自殺の方はいい、名無しくん
かたわ少女の手塚琳のようにくるりは確かに最高の女の子だよ
>>
>>144359514
>literally being the argumentative autist
>>
>>144359627
>Being mad that you're really stupid
>>
>>144359475
行かせる
行かさせる

sigh, thanks
>>
>>144359691
Do you mean 行かせられる for the second one?
>>
>>144359293
Separate from what? You mean before/after your reviews? Doesn't matter, see for yourself what works best. Just keep in mind that intentionally going with the one you're having the most trouble with because >muh challenge is just going to slow you down instead.
>>
how would I know that 私が行きましょう means "Why don't I go"
>>
>>144359797
It doesn't.
>>
File: yui cry.jpg (143 KB, 1030x1020) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
yui cry.jpg
143 KB, 1030x1020
Trying to learn all this grammar makes me feel retarded.
>>
>>144356905
Do you even Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu?

>>144357403
I feel like doing that too, got a lot more songs in my basement, but I think I'll go slowly.

The songs you know romaji lyrics for are the more surprising, since you realize the blabbering you sang all this time had a meaning.
>>
>>144359860
Relax, the feeling of "Holy shit this is so complicated and there's so much to learn" is always supposed to be there, like a comforting cloud of friendship.
>>
File: killme.png (151 KB, 723x2121) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
killme.png
151 KB, 723x2121
>>144359860
Don't worry, even my idle days have helped with sinking in what I had already learned.
>>
>>144359514
行かせる can mean let me as well as let (someone else)?
>>
>>144360157
Why are you mixing portuguese and english my monkey friend
>>
File: 1468389991554.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1468389991554.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
>>144360096
It makes me feel like my head is going to pop. I'm not a smart person.
>>
>>144358793
Play the VN Clover Day's (yes that apostrophe is in the correct place). The heroine Tsubame and her brother speak Kansai-ben a lot of the time.
>>
>>144359598
なんか偉いね、そんなクソガールを愛してなんて
>>
File: 01_basic.png (658 KB, 1090x10000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
01_basic.png
658 KB, 1090x10000
>>144360226
Those are the titles from Tae Kim's website. It would be silly to translate them just to fit the table.

Although I have to admit I mix them up a lot in my "compact Tae Kim" sheets, although I plan to rewrite the Portuguese sentences at some point for the sake of consistency. And because it might be handy for someone.
>>
>>144360157
>sex
heh
>>
>>144359860
When I read Tae Kim it made me realize how much I failed english class during my whole academic life. I fucking hated english classes.
>>
>>144360192
Yes, verbs can have different objects in general. If a kid wants to go to the mall but their dad won't let them, 行かせてください would mean "please let me go (to the mall)" whereas if the mom was in the room and said to the dad 行かせてあげなよ if would mean "come on, let our daughter go (to the mall)"
>>
>>144360192
もらう switches the subject

行く (I) go
行ってもらう You go (for me)
行かせる I let you go
行かせてもらう You let me go (for me)
>>
>>144360289
Just relax, find some moeshit you like, and read until all the chings and chongs make sense.

>>144360490
The te form is what's switching the subjects there, not the morau.
>>
>>144360490
>>144360469
For some reason following the subject in Japanese is much harder than in english. Goddamn context fetish they have.
>>
>>144360596
>For some reason following the subject in Japanese is much harder than in english.
It's because they never say it, only imply it.

>Goddamn context fetish they have.
They certainly do.
>>
>>144360558
>The te form is what's switching the subjects there, not the morau.

Not really. Certainly there are other things you can do after the て to also switch the subject, but not all of them do so.

なんならこっちに来て勝負してみるかい
>>
>tfw didnt realize i was watching without subtitles until 4 minutes into my anime
デキル
>>
>>144360655
>Not really.
Yes it is.
行く I go
行って You go
行ってもらう I'll have you go
行かせる I'll let you go
行かせて Let me go
行かせてもらう I'll have you let me go

The subject changes because of the te form, not the morau.

>Certainly there are other things you can do after the て to also switch the subject
Yes, but in those examples you gave, the te form changes subject even without the morau.
>>
>>144360729
Had a similar experience with French recently. おめでとう!
>>
>>144360795
>The subject changes because of the te form, not the morau.

Because the te form can be used as a command?
>>
>>144360886
Te form by itself is usually used as a command form, yes.
>>
>>144360795
I don't know what you mean by "because". The te-form allows a change of subject, as it connects separate clauses, clauses that don't have to share subject.
>>
>>144361047
>The te-form allows a change of subject,
With something else to modify, yes, but the te form by itself still changes subject.
>>
>>144360795
You're just being pedantic as fuck about something you're not even entirely correct about. 行って can be used in sentences without being a command. It also isn't exactly a command when followed by もらう because the person who you are having ~てもらう does not necessarily have to be the person you are speaking with. For example, in the sentence earlier where the subject is the vaguer 機密を漏らした者

Just interpret it as "てもらう switches the subject" if that satisfies your autism better
>>
>>144361260
>行って can be used in sentences without being a command.
Not without modifying it.
>>
>>144361350
What are you even trying to argue? This is like trying to pedantically argue what かかる means in one specific idiom that uses it.
>>
>>144361350
行かせて as a command is implicitly modified to being with, as it's an abbreviation of 行かせてください or something similar. ください is the 命令形 of くださる and is where the command really comes from
>>
>>144361479
>What are you even trying to argue?
Correcting you for not explaining it correctly to a learner in your first post. Why are you trying to argue instead of admitting that your explanation was off to begin with?

>This is like trying to pedantically argue what かかる means in one specific idiom that uses it.
There's nothing pedantic about making sure nuance gets across right when learning moon, and you even admitted that referring to the construct as temorau would have been better. And no, comparing normal usage of the te form alone to a specific idiom is not an apt analogy.

>>144361572
>行かせて as a command is implicitly modified to being with, as it's an abbreviation of 行かせてください
What the hell are you talking about? 行かせて is the te form of 行かせる, it's not an abbreviation of 行かせてください.
>>
I am confused. Why is there a seperate word for "my wife" 家内. Can't they say "my" 妻? I am at the very beginning.

Also is there a chance the order of my Core 2/6k deck is wrong? It's supposed to be in the order of how often a word appears in news articles right?
>>
>>144361742
Things can have more than one word for them, welcome to languages.

If it started with sore, kore & the numbers it's right.
>>
>>144361742
>Why is there a seperate word for "my wife"
You're so cute.
>>
So is anyone here able to answer this?
>>144353027
>>144358122
Don't know if Windows 10 jewery has anything to do with it.
>>
File: 1456623942774.jpg (66 KB, 480x346) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1456623942774.jpg
66 KB, 480x346
>>144361742
ぞい子は俺の嫁だ!
>>
File: 103117083l.png (285 KB, 440x632) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
103117083l.png
285 KB, 440x632
ケチャップを飲みたいなぁ
>>
>>144362244
Why does this yellow feel so cozy?
>>
>>144361692
The te-form as a command is. In fact, the te-form can't end a sentence
>>
File: 1456599631821.jpg (20 KB, 310x156) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1456599631821.jpg
20 KB, 310x156
猫は勉強をやった、図書館に行った。

The cat needed to study, so it went to the library.

I'm more than sure that this is a mess of a sentence. I tried to construct something out of the random vocab from the Tae Kim grammar guide. I was going to write a follow up sentence but I'm too dumb.
>>
>>144361742
core 6k prioritises shitty business words and synonyms above all, get ready
>>
>>144362495
>the te-form can't end a sentence
These threads get stupider and stupider every day.
>>
>>144362085
ぞい子は私のチンポをもぐもぐしたらいいなぁ
>>
>>144362550
終止形 (or nowadays 連体形) end sentences. Not 連用形
>>
What are your opinions on Memrise?
>>
>>144362592
Let's go back to the statement
>>144362495
>the te-form can't end a sentence
This is patently false, no matter how much you try to backpedal or qualify it.
>>
>>144362501
Explain to me where "needed to" comes from
>>
>>144362690
No it's not. As I said, when the te-form ends a sentence something else is actually abbreviated. It doesn't actually end the sentence. Apparently you don't really know anything about actual Japanese grammar. Do you dispute the fact that 連用形 can't end sentences? It's called 終止形 for a reason.
>>
>>144362642
It's alright for something basic like kana or learning the days of the week in Japanese so you can show off to your buddies in the Naruto club, no point in using it at any level above that though
>>
>>144362501
I think you need to use the double negative for "need"
>>
>>144362768
>As I said, when the te-form ends a sentence something else is actually abbreviated
Dipshit, do you know what te form means? 行って is the te form of 行く, and it can sure as hell end a sentence, because it can be used to give a command. Again, you can try to qualify it all you want, but it won't make your statement any less wrong.
>>
File: 1456023159864.jpg (31 KB, 192x452) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1456023159864.jpg
31 KB, 192x452
>>144362767
I have no idea. I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing.
>>
>>144362895
But when it gives a command something else is actually abbreviated. 命令形 gives command, not 連用形. Jesus fuck, how can you have such strong opinons about something you're fundamentally ignorant off?
>>
In a sexual context, would びゅー be the sound effect of ejaculation?

Context: The girl is telling to guy to "びゅー" like usual
>>
>>144362955
Damn Hika-nee looks adorable in that pic
>>
>>144363060
Well what else could it be
>>
File: love_lab_092.gif (114 KB, 375x443) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
love_lab_092.gif
114 KB, 375x443
>>144362501
>The cat needed to study, so it went to the library.
Hnnnnnng! I like cute example sentences.
>>
>>144363127
That's what I usually think before I am proven wrong
>>
>>144362960
>But when it gives a command something else is actually abbreviated
But nothing, you're completely wrong. 行って by itself is a command, it is not an abbreviation of 行ってください.

>命令形 gives command, not 連用形
Yes, 行け is a command, but so is 行って. The 行って in 今日、学校に行って帰りました is different than the 行って in 学校に行って in how it functions. 行って is still the te form, and by itself it's still a command.

>Jesus fuck, how can you have such strong opinons about something you're fundamentally ignorant off?
I'm sitting here wondering the same thing. You're so full of shit that it's coming out our ears, but you think by using Japanese verb forms you get to decide with te form means in this instance and define where it gets used. I don't even want to know how far up your ass you had to reach to come up with 行って as a command is an abbreviation of 行ってください.
>>
>>144363150
IT'S NOT CUTE BECAUSE MY JAPANESE IS SHIT
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
>>
龘る
>>
>>144363187
Oh, wow thank you. You actually bothered to comment instances of actual Japanese grammar terminology instead of sticking to your own self-made interpration of how the language works. Under the rules of standard Japanese grammar 行って is a command only because something else is abbreviated, something that actually gives the command.
>>
>>144363418
>I'm going to continue pulling Japanese """grammar""" points out of my ass to explain to you why the thing I said that was incorrect is actually correct
Congrats, you're the stupidest fucking poster in the thread. No, 行って is not a command because it's an abbreviation of 行ってください.
>>
File: 1244632.png (15 KB, 259x224) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1244632.png
15 KB, 259x224
お腹すいた..食べなきゃ

>>144363248
あれ?秘密の漢字
>>
>>144363489
Hey man, you seem to have a lot of unorthodox ideas. I'm eagerly awaiting your thesis on the matter.
>>
>>144363532
Hey man, you seem to be talking out of your ass a lot, I hope you wash your mouth when you're done.
>>
>>144363248
It's not on rikai therefor it doesn't exist
>>
>>144362501
猫は勉強しないとならないので図書館に行った。
>>
>>144363248
>translate from Chinese
>"Da"
>no meaning or explanation

What is the purpose?
>>
>>144363654
It's Chinese.
I know because my browser automatically changes any Japanese kanji to Meiryo so whenever I have the misfortune to look at Chinese it's a disgusting mix of fonts.
>>
File: 320.jpg (27 KB, 283x320) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
320.jpg
27 KB, 283x320
>>144362501
>>144363675
図書館で猫がいったい何を勉強してるけどな
魚の研究?
>>
>>144363748
I thought it looked pixely
>>
File: barron.jpg (18 KB, 267x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
barron.jpg
18 KB, 267x400
Hey guys, I have this book and I really like it since it's compact, paper and the content is good.
But fuck, all the good stuff is in romaji.

Apparently there is no edition that has kana used so I was wondering if there are any other pocket-sized grammar books around, or reference books.
>>
>>144357510
確かにくるりちゃんは可愛いだけど
結衣ちゃんのほどではない
>>
>>144363861
くだらない
>>
File: duragunnu.jpg (132 KB, 1109x511) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
duragunnu.jpg
132 KB, 1109x511
>>144363727
>>
File: 1467743739944.jpg (179 KB, 404x521) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1467743739944.jpg
179 KB, 404x521
>>144363781
他の猫についての本だろう、当然。
>>
File: happy.jpg (26 KB, 215x365) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
happy.jpg
26 KB, 215x365
>>144363070
She looks adorable in every pic
>>
>>144364059
True, that first pic especially though, I'm only now seeing her in a cute light for some reason
>>
龍龖龘
>>
>>144364346
That last one looks like a slightly smudged jizz stain on my monitor
>>
>>144364059
>>144364419
eat shit creep
>>
吾白
>>
>>144364449
え、どち
>>
File: 1468851958610.jpg (643 KB, 1200x1737) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1468851958610.jpg
643 KB, 1200x1737
I am of the opinion that Heisig is a cunt who wrote his book for fellow cunts. Am I right in thinking that?
>>
>>144364744
Somewhat
>>
>>144364346
what the fug
>>
>>144363878
>shallowest lore
Fucking casual
>>
File: 1454359735755.png (137 KB, 500x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1454359735755.png
137 KB, 500x500
How am I supposed to make grammar stick if I don't know enough to make sentences and I don't know enough to read?
>>
>>144364958
You can always read something, it's hard but, it's supposed to be when you're starting off
>>
kkkに資しなかった
>>
File: 1445794517502.jpg (30 KB, 247x438) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445794517502.jpg
30 KB, 247x438
>>144365017
I have been trying to read things, spent several hours trying today even, but I can't make heads nor tails of most of it. Feels like I'm just running into a brick wall.
>>
>>144365098
words
tae
???
read
>>
>>144365098
Well if that's the case then just don't worry about it, obviously you're not going to have a solid grasp of grammar until you start reading, no one does, so just keep going though whatever guide you're using trying to remember whatever you can, and start reading as soon as possible

You can always just google grammar that you've forgotten when you encounter it
>>
File: 1468873105622.png (869 KB, 403x551) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1468873105622.png
869 KB, 403x551
>>144364869
>>
I see a lot of people recommend starting with はなひらっ! or よつばと!, but the list says とらぶる is easier. Any recommendations there? I've finished Timmy's Basic Grammar and kind of want to start reading now.
>>
>>144365262
read the latin vulgate, use your ribenyu skill to master latin without using grammar lad, you can do it i know you can, scio te posse amice, just try my dude.
>>
>>144365249
Good thing that's not Japanese then
>>
>>144365390
True
>>
>>144351031
>tfw DJT made it feel like it would get easier
>it only got more difficult this episode than the previous and made you realize you know less Japanese than you thought
T-this is the end isn't it
>>
Where to get raw manga? I don't see that info on the guide. I want からかい上手の高木さん. It's not on Madokami.
>>
>>144366031
You have to save up できる points for being good at Japanese, and then trade them in with Imouto-san for raws
>>
>>144366031
Nyaa
>>
>>144366031
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=0_0&filter=0&term=%E9%AB%98%E6%9C%A8%E3%81%95%E3%82%93
If you want the monthly releases since then, you can either buy it like a good boy, or I might still have some of the raws since I'm the guy who translates it.
>>
>>144366077
>>144366190
Ah duh, didn't think of that. Thanks.
>>
>>144365983
Read the manga beforehand, mine every unfamiliar word and the anime will become easy as fuck.
>>
不可以學日本語
>>
>>144366031
a-zmanga.net
>>
File: you cant.jpg (48 KB, 668x357) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
you cant.jpg
48 KB, 668x357
Is there a single person with worse memory than me?
>>
>>144366389
I wish understanding spoken Japanese was as easy as just knowing all the vocab used
>>
>>144366466
I would post mine, but it's much worse. The learn and relearn bars are almost the same size and expand over until 3000 answers.
>>
>>144366466
Well yeah probably people with like serious mental disabilities and such
>>
>>144366485
Make friends on lang8 and start chatting with them. Really helps you with the conversational stuff.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 105

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at imagescucc@gmail.com with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.