[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hajime no Ippo 1147
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1
File: 14.png (355 KB, 888x1300) Image search: [Google]
14.png
355 KB, 888x1300
Is Morikawa rushing it? Discovering this should have taken another 50 chapters at least.
>>
>>144334967
It does kind of feel like the pace has been picking up lately
>>
>>144334967
720 DEGREE 4TH DIMENSIONAL DEMPSEY ROLL!!1!!
>>
>>144335951

Still gets easily obliterated by Martinez. By the time Ippo is even on his level, it will be another 10 years.
>>
>>144334967
the new power reveals are so basic but their realisation faces are so priceless.

>"when I do the + shaped Dempsey Roll I twist too much..."
>"what if I twist less?
>"OH MY GOD!!!"
>>
>>144335858
Which I find positive to be honest, as long as it doesn't turn into straight up rushing.
>>
why is this manga/anime still relevant?

it shouldve ended with the first anime....
>>
Any guesses on how the Kimura/Aoki/Iga plotline is gonna go?
>>
>>144334967
>Is Morikawa rushing it?

No. This is Hajime no Ippo's usual pace. Expect there to be several world-rank boxers who's styles can conveniently shut down different aspects of Ippo's boxing completely just to build up the New Dempsey Roll, only for the perfected version not to be worth shit when Martinez gets serious.

Also, like we got Date going 'God Mode' and embarrassing the shit out of Miyata, we'll likely get a repeat of that with either Gonzales and Sendo.
>>
>>144336350
>Miyata

George completely forgot about him huh?
>>
>>144336345
>Any guesses on how the Kimura/Aoki/Iga plotline is gonna go?

With tears, disappointment and Baron ultimately becoming a trainer at the Kamogawa gym, after Aokimura sacrifice their careers to take Iga down, which will end with the latter dumping Baron ass like a sac of shit and go on to challenge the world.
>>
>>144335858

Maybe it will actually end before Morikawa dies.
>>
>>144336445
>>George completely forgot about him huh?

No. He just had a filler match and Sendo called him out for still dragging his ass at featherweight when he has no aspirations to either fight Ippo or challenge Ricardo Martinez.

Thank god that Mori gave him a short match, because with everyone having matching recently I was fearful Morikawa was going to waste several chapters on a Miyata fight. Hopefully that we won't see that fucker again until he challenges the still nameless/faceless WBC world champion;
>>
>>144336345

Kimura will become Aokis coach probably. Tears will be had.
>>
being Kimura must be suffering
>>
>>144336345
>>144336559
Nah, Aoki gonna lose terribly and retire becoming Kimura's coach, then Kimura will beat Iga at the end and retire too.
>>
>>144336350
>we'll likely get a repeat of that with either Gonzales and Sendo.

It's going to be Gonzales shitting on Sendo, because the main point of the Ippo match was Alfredo potentially becoming a beast by combining his technical and wild sides together. Granted, this all a red herring for when Ricardo destroys him later, but sadly it looks like Sendo is going to lose to Gonzales, just to have him look that much more impressive when Ricardo slaughters him.

We already have the same parallel with Ippo and Sendo, in that Alf has lost to Ricardo twice already. The third and final loss, will end his career.
>>
>>144334967
Didn't this guy get fucked up in the head hard enough to get nerve damage? Isn't he basically donezo?
>>
>>144336631

Aoki is not coach material. The "two on one fight" comment just pretty much solidifies the Kimura Coach thing.
>>
>>144336725
Yeah, if he took 2 more punches he'd be mentally disabled no doubt about it.
>>
>>144336725

That's a /v/ meme, please leave.
>>
>>144334967
His muscles are running on pure dark matter now!
>>
>>144336786

What can Kimura teach him that the other coaches could not?
>>
2 questions.
1-Which girl is winning?
2-The fuck is going on?
>>
>>144338202
Kumi, hardly a question.

In terms of the current plot: Ippo is developing his new Dempsey Roll, Aoki and Kimura are out for vengeance against Iga and Baron, Takamura is disappointed in everyone because they disappointed the coach, and Sendo is going to challenge Gonzalez.
>>
>>144338289
I saw a thread up awhile ago about Takamura supposedly secretly hating ippo? or being jelous?
>>
>>144338388
Well, everything that Takamura does, he does for Kamogawa. So when Ippo lost and Kamogawa had a look of despair Takamura took offense to it.
>>
this felt like a pretty BIG DEAL chapter with all the 2 page spreads and stuff.Hopefully we will actually see ippo win a fight for once. been a few years since that happened.
>>
>>144338611
>Well, everything that Takamura does, he does for Kamogawa. So when Ippo lost and Kamogawa had a look of despair Takamura took offense to it.

Which is a conundrum, because Takamura doesn't understand that, more than anything, Kamogawa wants to raise a world champion with his own hands, as per the promise to Yuki, as opposed to Takamura, who already had all the tools needed capture a world championship.

I appreciate Morikawa's writing, in that he has Takamura feeling jealous and conflicted over his 'little brother' being doted on by their father, without him truly understanding the reason why.

While, from Takamura's perspective, Ippo and Kamogawa struggling to accomplish their goals is an affront to the idealized Kamogawa that Taka will always be appreciative and thankful to, for introducing him to boxing, the reality is that Kamogawa wouldn't have it any other way, when it comes to him and Ippo struggling to become a world champ.
>>
>>144338388
>I saw a thread up awhile ago about Takamura supposedly secretly hating ippo? or being jelous?

It's more of a sibling rivalry. Though it's a one-sided rivalry, since Ippo absolutely idolizes Takamura for the very same reason Takamura respects Kamogawa.
>>
It's more along the lines of Takamura is a shitty Gary Stu there for comic effect and hates everyone but his adoptive daddy.
>>
Should be the type of shit that he realizes during a fight. Either his next fight will be completely one-sided or this diagonal shit won't work out so well.
>>
>>144334967
Is ippo literally retarded? I find it hard to root for him, he is barely a person, more like a primitive robot programmed to train.
>>
>>144339645

He's a big guy.
>>
>>144339867

He's actually a small guy.
>>
You guys talk shit but know what you need to do and having your body do it are two different things.
>>
>>144339897

Not where it matters.

The heart
>>
>>144336547
I hope we never see that bitch again period. His fights are fucking boring.
>>
>>144334967
what font is on his shirt?
>>
>>144339418
that would have more impact, but come on, that is very unrealistic. kamogawa obviously planned this years ago (I dont know when it was that ippo started this training after the gonzalez fight), so he wanted ippo to improve his dempsey. why would he send his boxer into the fight before he makes sure he perfects it? thats an unecessary risk
>>
>>144341941
>thats an unecessary risk
To be frank, so is letting ippo just focues on muh evolved dempsey. Mother fucker needs more defense outside of his dempseys bobbing and weaving.
>>
>>144334967
Discovering that took Morikawa over 1000 chapters. At this point I don't care about how fast the pace is.
>>
>>144335980
martinez will retire before any jap fights him
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.