[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here watched Season 0 Yu-Gi-Oh! before? Is it any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: totallylegitanimethread.jpg (12 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
totallylegitanimethread.jpg
12 KB, 250x187
Has anyone here watched Season 0 Yu-Gi-Oh! before?

Is it any good?
>>
>>144333327
No. There's a reason nobody acknowledges it
>>
I've seen all of it, even before I knew of any memes, and it still was hilarious as fuck.

First few episodes anyway, it actually gets worse once the episodic shenanigans stop. One ep near the beginning in the restaurant was especially memorable
>>
>>144335160
Basically, it gets bad once the card game is introduced. KoG can be comparable cheesy smug badassery before that
>>
The more it goes on, the more it became like season 1 and got stupid.
>>
>>144333327
It's a bad adaptation of the good first 7 volumes of the manga.
>>
I only have read the manga, but I saw some episodes, it cut most of the edgy scenes and make it more light.
>>
>>144333327
Off by 6 you pleb
>>
shameful
>>
I predict nobody will get a 5 in this thread.
>>
>>144333327
I read the manga when I was a little kid, and it was super fucked up.
>>
File: check em.png (416 KB, 945x436) Image search: [Google]
check em.png
416 KB, 945x436
>>144333327
Yugi is a cheating murderous asshole
>>
its good dont listen to these contrarians and neets.
>>
File: 1453851395322.png (508 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
1453851395322.png
508 KB, 555x555
-
>>
>>144333327
Its just okay. Miho is a bitch who strings Honda along forever and they tone down a lot of Atem's edge.
>>
>>144333327
It's decent. I like the softer charadesigns (though both this and later Duel Monsters were designed by Araki Shingo+Himeno Michi duo). There was one aspect in which this series was really better than the later one - Yuugi's voice. Ogata Megumi did absolutely excellent job as Yuugi and especially Yami who sounded as a subdued psychopatic maniac.

I would reccomend to watch the 1999 Toei movie which is pretty decent if you ignore the green-haired kid and just focus on Yuugi and Kaiba.
>>
>>144336447
You predicted wrong
>>
>>144333327
It's loosely based on the first 7 volumes of the manga...which is the best part of the series, so yeah it is good
>>
>>144333327
Kawaita Sakebi is awesome.
>>
>>144335209
>it gets bad once the card game is introduced
No
In season 0(or first 7 volumes of the manga) they only play Duel Monsters a few times
>>
>>144335370
Season 0 is worth a watch despite that imo
The actors are fucking amazing(I love Megumi Ogata as Yami) and Miho getting a larger role is pretty awesome
>>
>>144339314
>Miho getting a larger role is pretty awesome
They made her into a fucking bitch.
>>
>>144339263
Kawaaaaaaaita Sakeeeeeeebi Gaaaaaaaa
Kuchike sooooooo na mune wo tsuki sasu

Field of View were the shit
They also did Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku for Dragon Ball GT

The ending from WANDS(forgot the name of the song) is based too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok5rKQdFUmg
>>
>>144339374
But she was such a fun character
>>
>>144339390
>WANDS
They did an ending for GT as well.
>>
>>144339524
yeh
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.